Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#597984 Feb 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
therefore when we become one with Him through being born-again, we do become Christ-like.
hop on board while it's still "the acceptable year of our Lord"
You obviously became "christ-like" out of fear. Since "god" knows everything, god must know this. That means that either your "god" suffers from low self-esteem to "include" you into his fold, or your god has a very low standard of quality acceptance. Either way, I wouldn't want to be a member of the "christ-like" club.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#597985 Feb 6, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
We cannot resist our thoughts but we can resist our actions.
That's the key.
PS - i'm not saying that i/we do exercise this to it's full extent, but i'm saying that scripture indicates it's possible and that we should:)

Location hidden

#597986 Feb 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
hey sharkey - aren't you the guy with the unclean spirit?
when it takes you places you never wanted to go, give us Christians a visit and we'll be happy to help you out!
Hopefully they'll never become that schizophrenic.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#597987 Feb 6, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there. Done that. It's all BS!!!
You are a pawn.
<quoted text>
And you're just an ass.
did you feel the need to follow me here too so you could insult me twice as much?

i know how you feel about the things i say, kait, you've made it very clear

Location hidden

#597988 Feb 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
it has, but as an unbeliever, you've chosen to strip this historical information from your selfish frame of reference.
LOL...if by "unbeliever" you mean someone who demands credible logical evidence of proof, then yes, I never believed in Santa Clause either. LOL...

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#597989 Feb 6, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, what a retarded way of looking at things. In your fantasy religion this may make sense, but in the REAL world it does not hold up to scrutiny. Let's look at several real world examples shall we;
Tesla Motors today makes incredible electric cars. Not to long ago they purchased the former NUMMI factory in Fremont, California, where it will build the Model S sedan and future Tesla vehicles. Previously this factory was owned by Toyota to produce the Corolla and Tacoma vehicles. Using your not thought out "fantasy" example all Tesla cars are actually made by Toyota. If Toyota was as delusional as your "theory" and they tried to claim Tesla as being under their direction, it would of course be laughed out of court.
Another example would be if the company in China that built the factories where Apple products are built, tried to claim that Apple products are their products. They would of course also be laughed out of court. You people have stayed away from using logic so long that now you seem to think that you can make any thing up and it's real. Maybe you should look up and learn the definition for the word 'manufacture'. I bet if your fantasy world were true then building contractors would love it. LOL...
Now you are bringing consultancy into the mix, and that has no bearing on the analogy. If there exists a God, He would've created the system of evolution. He would not have bought evolution from someone else or rented it from someone or something else.

But oh why do I even bother with someone who claims faith is a brain virus. I'm still waiting the proof of this claim from any health department in the world.

Location hidden

#597990 Feb 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
"perfect love casts out all fear" 1 jn
did you get your flu shot yet?'they say' you'd better or else!
More people die from the flu shot than from not receiving one. Hopefully all religious people ran out to get one "just because" someone "told them to". LOL...

Location hidden

#597991 Feb 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
did you feel the need to follow me here too so you could insult me twice as much?
What a hypocrite.

Location hidden

#597992 Feb 6, 2013
True Truth wrote:
Now you are bringing consultancy into the mix, and that has no bearing on the analogy.
Oh, nice to know that the truth and facts have nothing to do with your "analogy". I should have known better seeing how it was religious dogma.
But oh why do I even bother with someone who claims faith is a brain virus.
You know when someone like you suffers from delusion the truth often hurts SO MUCH that they have to TWIST things around before they can accept them. This is probably why you felt the need to put words in my mouth by saying - "brain virus" - instead of just "virus" (which is what I ACTUALLY said). Your delusion has been noted, and I'll try to keep it noted for all future conversations with you. Ta-ta... LOL

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#597993 Feb 6, 2013
siehjin wrote:
<quoted text>
hi Black Thunder, as i explained to Mr. Charrington, "i am speaking metaphorically here... meaning that we can discern the order, complexity and beauty of the universe, and this leads us to the conclusion that there is a Creator."
<quoted text>
Genesis 1:1 - "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
also, Quran 51:47 - "We have built the heaven with power, and We are expanding (it)."
<quoted text>
that is rather unfair; you are begging the question. the very question we are arguing about is whether or not God exists; in effect, you are saying, "God does not exist, and therefore he could not have created the universe." but the question of God's existence has not been proven one way or another, so to assume His nonexistence is to beg the question.
if you want to prove that God did not create the universe, you have to do it some other way. please don't beg the question.
<quoted text>
are you saying that it was a mistake for God to create human beings in the first place? or a mistake to give them free will?
i, for one, am thankful for the gifts of existence and free will!
I am NOT saying there is no "god". I AM saying that there is no such god as you present it....and that "hyperbole" does NOT constitute evidence.

Perhaps you do not understand the difference.
You do appear to be very confused.

The reference to "God Himself" was about a poster...perhaps it is "you"...as you seem to have the same difficulty differentiating between reality and fantasy, and truth and lies.
Thank you for your time,
This time, until next time...

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#597994 Feb 6, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>mystics don't exclude the continuation of consciousness.
Define "consciousness".

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#597995 Feb 6, 2013
Nobody wrote:
You know, all you people who say God is not real is true in your own world, because you do not believe and you do not understand. This is not your fault. Question: why hate when you can love one another? This is the beginning. Why would you people condem love?
Firstly--which "god" ???

Location hidden

#597996 Feb 6, 2013
Nobody wrote:
why hate when you can love one another? Why would you people condem love?
Maybe they want to be more like your "god".

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#597997 Feb 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"an evil and adulturess generation seeks after signs...." Jesus
That was Matthew, not Jesus.

And it's "adulterous".

You really have not read the fool thing, have you?

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#597998 Feb 6, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, nice to know that the truth and facts have nothing to do with your "analogy". I should have known better seeing how it was religious dogma.
<quoted text>You know when someone like you suffers from delusion the truth often hurts SO MUCH that they have to TWIST things around before they can accept them. This is probably why you felt the need to put words in my mouth by saying - "brain virus" - instead of just "virus" (which is what I ACTUALLY said). Your delusion has been noted, and I'll try to keep it noted for all future conversations with you. Ta-ta... LOL
But here it is:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You speak of faith as if it is some human figure that tells us things.
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be an ignorant interpretation. Faith is a virus.
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is a disposition of trust.
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Blind faith and blind trust lead to some of the biggest mistakes man has ever made.
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a mental decision.
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Turning your brain "off" is always the wrong decision. Haven't you heard? When it comes to the brain you need to "use it of lose it". Faith is a brain virus.
I did not put words in your mouth. You said it right here in this post. You're so foolish you can't even lie successfully!

Admit it now, you're from the Jerry Springer show aren't you?

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#597999 Feb 6, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
We cannot resist our thoughts but we can resist our actions.
That's the key.
Speak for yourself. Thought modification works.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#598000 Feb 6, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>energy cannot be created. energy cannot be destroyed.
energy can be reformed/redirected.
dancing wu li masters
another definition of troll
: to cause to move round and round : roll
Brain waves are energy. All waves evolve into other wave forms, ergo, the information of the mind/consciousness still exists somewhere in the universe.

http://www.livescience.com/366-great-minds-gr...

Finer minds than yours are mystified by the existence and source of "consciousness".

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#598001 Feb 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
good luck!:)
With what?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#598002 Feb 6, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm just one who's escaped the tyranny of the devil and i'm trying to help my fellow peeps out of the darkness.
Why is it, that when you're asked for a reason to believe one of your deities exists, the only thing you can provide is that another of your deities exists?

Give me a reason to believe the former exists that doesn't first require believing its adversary exists.

Your whole argument, thus far, is essentially that if I don't give myself to one, the other will get me. You're still trying to use fear as your primary mode of coercion.

Do you have another reason? One that doesn't require an antagonistic source of motivation?

Can you make an appeal for the one, based on its merits alone, and not upon those of the other?

Why does the former require an opponent to make it look good? I know you're prolly gonna tell me we can't have good without evil... and I'd agree >>> We can't define one without also declaring a counter definition. The two definitions, of good and evil, depend on one another to have any meaning.

So... you're saying your good deity can't exists without your evil deity?
you can stay there if you like; proving your heart is what this whole things all about....
First off... Stay where?

Second... You're assigning your own motivations to me when you have no way knowing what mine actually are. I've told you >>> fear won't do it.

Your use of fear is expected... but that's a huge assumption on your part. Do you have anything else?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#598003 Feb 6, 2013
/can't exists without/can't exist without/

:/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Michael 560,494
Rumored to sell off for 1 BILLION Hearthside Fo... 6 min Michigan 5
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Dr_Zorderz 265,454
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 14 min lil whispers 605,341
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 35 min An NFL Fan 42
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 57 min yon 4,897
Scientific proof for God's existence 1 hr Shivar 53
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 4 hr risque 137
More from around the web