Prove there's a god.
harpocrates

Middlesboro, KY

#598306 Feb 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
The bibull is a collection of myths. Nothing more. Nothing less.
<quoted text>
Not true. REALIZING that something is worthless and/or bad for you and keeping it away from your life is the very definition of progress and surviving.
<quoted text>LOL.... no, he was an agnostic. Try again.
i didn't use the bible exclusively; even if you did. i'm not a christian.

einstein was more of a hylozoist, panpsychist, spinozist.

'I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings'(Albert Einstein)

'The religion of the future will be a cosmic religion. It should transcend personal God and avoid dogma and theology. Covering both the natural and the spiritual, it should be based on a religious sense arising from the experience of all things natural and spiritual as a meaningful unity. Buddhism answers this description. If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism.'(Albert Einstein)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#598307 Feb 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I understand. Drinking pop has been shown to effect your memory, and has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
Dod you know that around 45 minutes after you drink a soda your body increases dopamine production, which stimulates the pleasure centers of your brain – a physically identical response to that of heroin, by the way.
Research published in 2011 found that people who drank soda experienced waist size increases that were six times greater than those of people who didn't drink soda. Imagine that. Each daily soda increases obesity risk 60%. Benzene is associated with leukemia and other cancers, and it has been found in French and British soft drinks. Enjoy.
Yes, I know about dopamine and heroin, i did pay to go to uni, but they never taught us about pop and Alzheimer's link.

In chemistry this year, I did the experiment for benzoic acid/benzoate, the preservative in coke thing. It was sh*t.

I'm not obese and i'm not gonna get obese coz u my topix diet coach, remember?

NO MORE POP!! NO MORE POP!! CHANT IT WITH ME!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#598308 Feb 8, 2013
Clementia wrote:
"science without religion is lame and religion without science is blind."
Did he really say that?
Yes, and also "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."

Einstein has always been one of my idols. He has always been very logical and very honest.
harpocrates

Middlesboro, KY

#598309 Feb 8, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
R u gonna tell me those names or is it a secret?
OMG, R U THE FAKE CLEMENTINE?
a short list. there is many, many more that would take you to long to find and read throughout this thread.

shefifon = biblical
thermuthis = Egyptian
peten = Hebrew
orus = egyptian

Bobbi-bobbi = aborigines
Nuwa = chinese
Jormungandr = norse
Danh = dahomeyan
Illuyanka = hittite
Nagaraja =hindu
shesha = buddhist and hindu
nehushtan = jewish
borlung = aborigine
ananta = hindu and buddhist
mehen = egyptian
ningishzida = sumerian
awanyu = hopi
niohoggr = norse
cernunnos = celtic pagan
ophiuchus = greek
ouroboros = infinity
wadjet = the eye of ra egyptian
yam = hebrew
damballa = voodoo
python = oracle of delphi & africa
ngalyod = australian aborigine
domba = african
quetzalcoatl = mayan
kukulkan = aztec
agathodaemon = greek
kundalini = hindu, buddhism, jainism
rod of asclepius = greek god of medicine
caduceus wand = rod of hermes
ophan = jewish
naas = Gnostic
ophis = Gnostic
chnuphis = Egyptian
vasuki = hindu
kneph = Egyptian
sabazian = Zoroastrian
takshaka = hindu
sint holo = native American
naddred = irish
coi coi-vilu – mapuche in chile
piasa = north American native
ahura mazda = Zoroastrian
nahbkoon = Egyptian
nachash = aramaic
tsepha = aramaic
saraph = aramaic
epheh = aramaic
kamaru = buddhist
tanniyn = hebrew
naggaruda = hindu
kamaru = buddhist

they all imply a basic force, elan vital, spirit

Location hidden

#598310 Feb 8, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>and i bow to you too
u should do, coz i'm the goddess of forgiveness and mercy!

lol
harpocrates

Middlesboro, KY

#598311 Feb 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>We were talking about faith, not false equivocation.
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

albert einstein

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/imagination_i...

Location hidden

#598312 Feb 8, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
babbling is unnecessary and can be abusive too but that doesn't seem to be a problem for some; especially repeatedly barking that religion is a waste.
Religion is a parasite on humanity. You are a pawn and a slave. Enjoy.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#598313 Feb 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Asses??!! Freudian slip.....
I was reading it this morning but stopped to watch the news. I could hear police sirens all day yesterday in Riverside and the helicopters flew non stop yesterday. I work about a block from Riverside Police station and the police were either very nervous, angry or both.
This Dornan issue will be very interesting.
My office is three blocks from LAPD headquarters. You should see that place--dozens of black-and-whites, SUVs, snipers on the roof, helicopters buzzing, TV trucks all around the block. Police are dropping just about everything else for this. On full alert.

And the manhunt has yielded nothing. The guy knows what he's doing.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#598314 Feb 8, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know about dopamine and heroin, i did pay to go to uni, but they never taught us about pop and Alzheimer's link.
In chemistry this year, I did the experiment for benzoic acid/benzoate, the preservative in coke thing. It was sh*t.
(Al just sighs as he opens all his containers and pours all his stash down the drain...)

Location hidden

#598315 Feb 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies dear. The majorities of my posts are off an iPhone and providing links are difficult.
I can't see avatars, Judgits and I am limited to shorter responses rather than more thorough posts.
I was messin', it's OK!

My phone didn't let me do it, then i had to send PM to everyone, then i understood that i was doing something wrong.

I send posts from my phone too, but i haven't got an iPhone, i would have thought it would have been better at it.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#598316 Feb 8, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I was messin', it's OK!
My phone didn't let me do it, then i had to send PM to everyone, then i understood that i was doing something wrong.
I send posts from my phone too, but i haven't got an iPhone, i would have thought it would have been better at it.
So you also admit to not having enough money to afford what you need?

Location hidden

#598317 Feb 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
May I recommend a cold shower?
NO, i didn't mean that, u silly nummy prune!

Don't make me get the hose out! ;-p

Location hidden

#598318 Feb 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and also "The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish."
Einstein has always been one of my idols. He has always been very logical and very honest.
I think everyone in the science world looks up to Einstein, he's a legend.

Location hidden

#598320 Feb 8, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
einstein was more of a hylozoist, panpsychist, spinozist.
Really? You like to put words in peoples mouths? Because Einstein himself said he was agnostic and at times he believed in the god of Baruch Spinoza.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#598321 Feb 8, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
"science without religion is lame and religion without science is blind."
Did he really say that?
He said that, but with some additional qualifiers that are often left out.

Here is a more complete account.

"This source of feeling, however, springs from the sphere of religion. To this there also belongs the faith in the possibility that the regulations valid for the world of existence are rational, that is, comprehensible to reason.

I cannot conceive of a genuine scientist without that profound faith. The situation may be expressed by an image: science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

Though I have asserted above that in truth a legitimate conflict between religion and science cannot exist, I must nevertheless qualify this assertion once again on an essential point, with reference to the actual content of historical religions. This qualification has to do with the concept of God.

During the youthful period of mankind's spiritual evolution human fantasy created gods in man's own image, who, by the operations of their will were supposed to determine, or at any rate to influence, the phenomenal world. Man sought to alter the disposition of these gods in his own favor by means of magic and prayer.

The idea of God in the religions taught at present is a sublimation of that old concept of the gods. Its anthropomorphic character is shown, for instance, by the fact that men appeal to the Divine Being in prayers and plead for the fulfillment of their wishes.

Nobody, certainly, will deny that the idea of the existence of an omnipotent, just, and omnibeneficent personal God is able to accord man solace, help, and guidance; also, by virtue of its simplicity it is accessible to the most undeveloped mind. But, on the other hand, there are decisive weaknesses attached to this idea in itself, which have been painfully felt since the beginning of history.

That is, if this being is omnipotent, then every occurrence, including every human action, every human thought, and every human feeling and aspiration is also His work; how is it possible to think of holding men responsible for their deeds and thoughts before such an almighty Being?

In giving out punishment and rewards He would to a certain extent be passing judgment on Himself. How can this be combined with the goodness and righteousness ascribed to Him?

The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this.

For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people.

As far as my experience goes, they are no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise, I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them.

Now that I have quite openly stated our differences in intellectual convictions it is still clear to me that we are quite close to each other in essential things, i.e. in our evaluation of human behavior ... I think that we would understand each other quite well if we talked about concrete things." - Albert Einstein in a letter to Eric Gutkind

I think that examples what Einstein felt about religion and deities.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#598322 Feb 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Love is nothing more than a chemical reaction.
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>

Life is a chemical reaction too, but does that make life any less important?
Love is not a chemical reaction.
Attraction and lust maybe.
But Love is an emotion based on many things , one being survival.
Just think what a mother would do to protect her children.
Love is also accumulative, it is based on past experiences.
Love is a complicated blend of things.
harpocrates

Middlesboro, KY

#598323 Feb 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Religion is a parasite on humanity. You are a pawn and a slave. Enjoy.
science/religion are parasites when used to control people.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

#598324 Feb 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Really? You like to put words in peoples mouths? Because Einstein himself said he was agnostic and at times he believed in the god of Baruch Spinoza.
So child, even the greatest Genius with access to all imformation and knowledge would have admitted no proof existed that a God didn't exist, that is what being an agnostic means.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#598325 Feb 8, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But I like Madonna's music?

Location hidden

#598326 Feb 8, 2013
Clementia wrote:
i'm the goddess of forgiveness and mercy!
I thought you were the goddess of potato salad and arbi?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min another viewer 650,183
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min Clearwater 56,130
Ayurveda oil massage 11 min rahul 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 30 min ChristineM 445,896
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 3 hr Aussie Kev 2,322
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 6 hr akon mason 70
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Peace_Warrior 618,575
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr Steve III 44,955
More from around the web