Prove there's a god.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#598157 Feb 7, 2013
Clem wrote:
<quoted text> Huh???
HA! You have been caught in the act! Don't act innocent, we know u r the fake Clementine!

Are u the fake Clementine?
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#598158 Feb 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! You have been caught in the act! Don't act innocent, we know u r the fake Clementine!
Are u the fake Clementine?
Who is Clementine?
alan

Overland Park, KS

#598159 Feb 7, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you believe he exists?
A belief simply means that the primitive human animal believes in its mind that God, the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus are real in its mind.......not real in reality. Characters in a book, nothing more.....unless psychosis exist.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#598160 Feb 7, 2013
Clem wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Clementine?
The poster that i said "Nice name!" to, but for some reason u replied by saying "huh?". That poster called itself Clementine, when i am the real Clementine, making it the fake Clementine!

U get it?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#598161 Feb 7, 2013

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#598162 Feb 7, 2013
alan wrote:
<quoted text>A belief simply means that the primitive human animal believes in its mind that God, the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus are real in its mind.......not real in reality. Characters in a book, nothing more.....unless psychosis exist.
Thank you Doctor.
endtime

AOL

#598163 Feb 7, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#598164 Feb 7, 2013
alan wrote:
<quoted text>A belief simply means that the primitive human animal believes in its mind that God, the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus are real in its mind.......not real in reality. Characters in a book, nothing more.....unless psychosis exist.
A belief is simply having trust or confidence that a statement is true or that something exists or is real.

nothing in that statement mentions a mental issue.
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#598165 Feb 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
The poster that i said "Nice name!" to, but for some reason u replied by saying "huh?". That poster called itself Clementine, when i am the real Clementine, making it the fake Clementine!
U get it?
Clementine or Clementina? Are you Italian?
harpocrates

Morehead, KY

#598166 Feb 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Run!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0BDBVszev5EXX
Daddy works a long day.
He'll be coming home late, he's coming home late.
And he's bringing me a surprise.
'Cause dinner's in the kitchen and it's packed in ice.
I've waited for a long time.
Yeah the sleight of my hand is now a quick-pull trigger,
I reason with my cigarette,
And say, "Your hair's on fire, you must have lost your wits, yeah."

All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run, outrun my gun.
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run, faster than my bullet.
siehjin

Malaysia

#598167 Feb 7, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Let's look at several real world examples shall we;
Tesla Motors today makes incredible electric cars. Not to long ago they purchased the former NUMMI factory in Fremont, California, where it will build the Model S sedan and future Tesla vehicles. Previously this factory was owned by Toyota to produce the Corolla and Tacoma vehicles. Using your not thought out "fantasy" example all Tesla cars are actually made by Toyota...Another example would be if the company in China that built the factories where Apple products are built, tried to claim that Apple products are their products.
hi mylan, you've got the analogy exactly backwards. just as Tesla is the maker of those Tesla vehicles even though they were made in a former Toyota factory, and just as Apple is the maker of the iPad even though they were made in those china factories, in a similar way God is the maker of the universe even though it may have been made by naturalistic processes.

thank you for giving those examples in support of what True Truth and i were trying to say!=)
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>If that were true then your "god" would be flawed, and just like us humans a slave to technology. This would mean that your "god" is really no better than humans, your god just started out before us and therefore simply more advanced. There would be no reason to build a religion around your "god". It would make more sense to build a religion around technology.
i do not see how "God is immensely powerful and incredibly intelligent rather than omnipotent and omniscient" leads to "God is a slave to technology". please clarify.

in any case, in practical terms there is no difference. whether God is omnimax or not, if He created the universe He is still far, far above us and greater than us. the question of whether He deserves worship is another matter though; i don't think that pure power and intelligence, no matter how great, makes a being deserving of worship. i think that God would only be deserving of worship if He were morally perfect. Christian Theism posits such a God.

however, for the purpose of this discussion this is an irrelevant tangent. the topic simply states "prove there's a god", it doesn't say "prove that there's a god who is worthy of worship".

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#598168 Feb 7, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The slave mentality of Christianity showing itself?
<wasssuuuppp> "Approach me with appropriate humility, ask nicely, and I will teach you the way, slave, OR DIE!."
Arrogance is his sword.
Ignorance, his shield.
He's feeling the sting.
But he's too proud to yield.

He's stuck in the mud.
He'll never feel rested.
He only wants blood.
He's too invested.

His battle is over.
His war is lost.
But he won't make peace.
Regardless the cost.

He needs more foes.
He yearns more blows.
Religion provides them.
It's all he knows.

He has something to say.
But keeps it a bay.
Says it's benign.
Then calls me swine.

It's all in his head.
He's been misled.
He considers us heathen.
His Bible's the reason.
Scratching my ear

Salt Lake City, UT

#598169 Feb 7, 2013
I'm sure that someone will do that right after you prove that Dark Matter exists. No! You may NOT use scientific theories or proofs either! Just prove that Dark Matter is real. Oh, and what's it taste like while you're at it?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#598170 Feb 7, 2013
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>08Feb13.....
.....So does BobLoblah.
Ps:.....It was YOU.....ya envious and jealous filty schidt-for-brains.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Hey numbnuts! For all you know Clementine could be a guy.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#598171 Feb 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Laffin.
Plus ├ža change...
"The wheels on the bus go round and round..."

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#598172 Feb 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
true - i may be a horrible and impatient communicator, but i simply don't want to cast what i believe to be sacred to yet another person who's already despised and rejected it. know what i'm say'n?:)
Yes.

You're saying that you're not here for any sort of actual discussion.

You're saying that you're here to preach.

You're saying that you despise anyone that doesn't make it easy for you.

You're saying that if one doesn't already agree with what you haven't even said yet, that they're not worth your effort.

You're saying that you've already made your mind up and that's the end of it.

You're saying that your unwillingness to participate is my fault.

You're saying that you've got nothing worth lending consideration to in the first place.

You're saying that your religion can't stand upon its own merit.

You're saying that if you can't scare another into submission, then f_ck it!

'Zat close?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#598173 Feb 7, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
mine's as selfish and vain as anyone elses on the planet and that's why i take to the Cross of Christ for crucifixion.
What does that really mean though?

You're saying that you're unwilling to improve yourself... and that you're proud of it.

You've contrived vice into virtue.
christianity is EVIL

West Pubnico, Canada

#598174 Feb 7, 2013
Scratching my ear wrote:
I'm sure that someone will do that right after you prove that Dark Matter exists. No! You may NOT use scientific theories or proofs either! Just prove that Dark Matter is real. Oh, and what's it taste like while you're at it?
burden of proof FALLACY

try again
Holy Ghost

Overland Park, KS

#598176 Feb 7, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
A belief is simply having trust or confidence that a statement is true or that something exists or is real.
nothing in that statement mentions a mental issue.
Can I get off the couch now, AL? By the way, this God, he existed because he is a character in a book? Or, he was mistaking for an alien being?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#598178 Feb 7, 2013
Scratching my ear wrote:
Oh...an that ain't yer ear yer scratch'n neither!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dried poppy pods (Mar '13) 6 min BobbyReal 32
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 22 min River Tam 47,917
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 31 min Judgment Day Watc... 618,609
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 32 min Steve III 646,330
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 1 hr Lils 42
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr AussieBobby 281,217
Vote for Euro 2016, free game 1 hr Aaron0562 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Annaleigh 105,574
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 4 hr WasteWater 2,012
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 10 hr oneear69 38,711
More from around the web