<quoted text>
Those would be the "Eve" condom.
Obviously not the "Mary" condom.
siehjin

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#597768 Feb 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are pulling a fallacy of ignorance, actually. You don't know why a snowflake forms and you're too lazy to actually understand it, so you just say "god dun it" so you don't have to learn anything. You're just lazy.
not so. i specifically said that "the fact that we are able to discern the natural processes by which water crystals form into those unique shapes of ephemeral beauty, in no way proves that God did not create them." in that sentence, i acknowledged that we can know and understand how snowflakes form. so i am not in any way arguing from ignorance.

and again, like karl44, you have accused me of making a 'god in the gaps' argument. that is not what i am doing.

here is an analogy to help you understand my position. let us imagine that the universe is a book. while we have managed to discover many things about our universe through science, there is still much that we do not know. so let us say we have read only the first chapter of the book.

reading that first chapter is sufficient for me to conclude that there was an Author who wrote the book. i am not arguing that there must be an Author because of the chapters we have not read yet (this would be the 'fallacy of ignorance' of which you falsely accuse me). and in fact, reading more chapters (analogically, finding out more about the universe through science) simply reinforces my conclusion that there must be an Author who has written all this.

so to conclude, i contend that the existence of the universe and all that is in it is evidence for the existence of God. science increases our knowledge about the amazing intricacy and mind-boggling complexity of the universe, thus further strengthening my case that it is evidence for the existence of God.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#597769 Feb 4, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'll cling to Al like a cheap suit.
Cheers back atcha.
Al's gonna be ill with me.

It's a 4000 character limit.

Not a 4000 character requirement.

And I sent him two of 'em!

G'night.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#597770 Feb 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Obviously not the "Mary" condom.
She got the holy one.
endtime

AOL

#597771 Feb 4, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#597772 Feb 4, 2013
God to Jesus, "You're my favorite mistake."

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#597773 Feb 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
She got the holy one.
I was waiting for that

:-)

I like being a straight man :O

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#597774 Feb 4, 2013
siehjin wrote:
<quoted text>
not so. i specifically said that "the fact that we are able to discern the natural processes by which water crystals form into those unique shapes of ephemeral beauty, in no way proves that God did not create them." in that sentence, i acknowledged that we can know and understand how snowflakes form. so i am not in any way arguing from ignorance.
and again, like karl44, you have accused me of making a 'god in the gaps' argument. that is not what i am doing.
here is an analogy to help you understand my position. let us imagine that the universe is a book. while we have managed to discover many things about our universe through science, there is still much that we do not know. so let us say we have read only the first chapter of the book.
reading that first chapter is sufficient for me to conclude that there was an Author who wrote the book. i am not arguing that there must be an Author because of the chapters we have not read yet (this would be the 'fallacy of ignorance' of which you falsely accuse me). and in fact, reading more chapters (analogically, finding out more about the universe through science) simply reinforces my conclusion that there must be an Author who has written all this.
so to conclude, i contend that the existence of the universe and all that is in it is evidence for the existence of God. science increases our knowledge about the amazing intricacy and mind-boggling complexity of the universe, thus further strengthening my case that it is evidence for the existence of God.
But snowflakes are not created, they are the result of chemical processes.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#597775 Feb 4, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
She got the holy one.
Wouldn't holy condoms leak?
siehjin

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#597776 Feb 4, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
your god is everything you do not understand, that is why your god is so powerful
you've just repeated yourself. i've dealt with this in a previous reply to you. perhaps you missed it; it's ok, i will copy and paste it here for you:

"you mistakenly accuse me of making a 'god of the gaps' argument. that is not what i am doing. the God which i am speaking of is God of both the gaps in human knowledge, as well as the parts that have been filled. the more human beings discover about creation, the more of God's glory is revealed."

KittyKoder also accused me of arguing from ignorance, so you can refer to my response to her as well. i just posted it about half an hour ago.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
it is your responsibility to prove your contention

I shall do my part, I shall laugh
my contention is that the existence of the universe is evidence for the existence of God. given how amazingly complex and breathtakingly beautiful the universe is, this proposition is intuitively probable. therefore if you nay-sayers fail to disprove it, i would say that my contention stands.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is up to you to prove your silly contention

silly
again, ridicule and ad hominem attacks do nothing to disprove my contention.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#597777 Feb 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't holy condoms leak?
Only in the Vatican.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#597778 Feb 4, 2013
siehjin wrote:
<quoted text>
again, ridicule and ad hominem attacks do nothing to disprove my contention.
It is up to you to prove your notion, not for anyone to disprove it.

Location hidden

#597779 Feb 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Only in the Vatican.
It doesn't matter there. Young boys seldom get pregnant.

“Once You've Gone Witch---”

Since: May 10

"--You Won't Ever Switch!"

#597780 Feb 4, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
:) Yowza!
AL!!!

Ciao, hermano, come stai?(I hope you don't mind my mixing Italian & Spanish).

I just wanted to stop in real quick and say hi.

Listen, I'm sure you've heard about Iran and their space program, right? This is no joke; Fox News has been talking off and on for weeks about Iran shooting monkeys off into space as part of their fledgling space program. Anyway, today I heard that their Fearless Leader Mahmoud Ahmedinejad wants to be the first Iranian launched into space.

I thought this over for a second or two, and said, "Good idea!"

I'd love to stand back from the launch pad and wave bye-bye to him, and tell him, "Adios, pendejo! Vaya con Dios!"

I'd even kick in a couple hundred bucks if it'll help move things along.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#597781 Feb 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't you heard? The facts, evidence and truth mean nothing to redneck. He only sucks on the tit of his religion.
It's as though nothing else ever existed or happened aside from the time of the bible or israel...just amazing.

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#597782 Feb 4, 2013
River Tam wrote:
I was waiting for that
:-)
I like being a straight man :O
I figured as much....on the waiting.

How have you been?

“What's left to defend?”

Freedom

#597783 Feb 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
Wouldn't holy condoms leak?
I'll be dammed.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#597784 Feb 4, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
AL!!!
Listen, I'm sure you've heard about Iran and their space program, right? This is no joke; Fox News has been talking off and on for weeks about Iran shooting monkeys off into space as part of their fledgling space program. Anyway, today I heard that their Fearless Leader Mahmoud Ahmedinejad wants to be the first Iranian launched into space.
I'd love to stand back from the launch pad and wave bye-bye to him, and tell him, "Adios, pendejo! Vaya con Dios!"
Hey Kaito.

Thanks for stopping by, hope life is good for you.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#597785 Feb 4, 2013
Kaitlin the Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text>
AL!!!
Be good if it's a deep space mission. I'll even make sure his scuba tank is fully charged an strapped on tight. Maybe we could git Acme Rocket Co. ta supply free rocket kits TOO! I know fer sure ole' Wile E. Coyote will volunteer ta lite the fuse!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#597786 Feb 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
Only in the Vatican.
Is that what they're calling it these days?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min lil whispers 605,027
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min cheer the f up 265,156
gay whatsapp agroup (Nov '13) 10 min jodi 39
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min USA Born 559,520
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 18 min Jolly 23,974
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 31 min WildWeirdWillie 175,654
Who would like Darwins Theory of Evolution take... (Dec '10) 43 min Just Think 48,262
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Jac 441,774
More from around the web