Prove there's a god.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#598200 Feb 8, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't have a good view from my hiding spot.
River has been implicated in more than a dozen international incidents. She won't be caught easily.
How far are you willing to go?
As far as far goes! But only if u come with me?

Location hidden

#598201 Feb 8, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post shortened for space.
Rocks are rocks. In all kinds of cultures, certain rocks for whatever reason have some special meaning. It doesn't mean they got the idea of special rock from a single source. The human imagination is present in all humans. No one said the kissing of the black stone is a uniquely Islamic invention. All muslims know that the black stone and Kaaba predates Islam.
And language is language. There will always be links because man evolved and spread out from a single source. So certain words will always have some resemblance to other languages. No one really knows the source. You do not know whether arabic formed as a result of human migration from India to the middle east and then west, or whether it formed from human migration moving eastwards.
There is one thing you need to understand about idolatry. Idolatry is not an action. It is an intention. Muslims know that Allah is everywhere and the Kaaba is merely a symbol of the oneness of God. Even the Jews have the same practise. All Jews face the Temple Mount in Jerusalem when in prayer. It's to symbolise oneness. Something is only idolatry when the worshipper thinks that the actual object he is facing, can help him. Some ignorant Hindus commit idolatry because they think that the actual statue that they are praying to can help them. Educated Hindus on the other hand know about omnipresence of God and merely use the statues as a directional beacon to face when in worship.
And the sooner you understand that, the more you'll realise that Islam is vastly different from arab paganism. Even while many of the rituals can be said to have existed before Islam, it is the change of intention that defines Islam against Arab paganism.
Zoroastrianism was, and for the most part still is, a highly interesting and admirable faith. They used fire in their worship. But many of their followers became ignorant and instead of the fire being recognised as a mere symbol of God's power and mystery, they began to actually worship the fire itself. Now that is idolatry.
Hinduism is a form of pantheism, not panentheism. In Hinduism, there is unity of being. God encompasses all. By that logic, a rock may be called God, and even a person may call himself God and it would be acceptable. A person, like Buddha, can be said to have become one with God. God is everything and everything is God. But with Islam, we have a panentheistic thought. There is unity of being, termed in arabic as Wahdad al wujood, and unity of consciousness, called Wahdat as shuhood. This is where God is everything, and more. Everything exists as part of Him, and He is a single separate entity. It is a subtle difference.
Are you by any chance a fan of Mr. Oaks? He always likes to champion the idea that civilisation stemmed from India and that it was only Indians that built stuff and founded belief and culture, while everyone else just usurped it from them. Let alone the Kaaba, that quack even believes that the Vatican as well as the Taj Mahal are Hindu temples merely stolen from the wonderful Indians. The Indian government itself threw out his insane claims.
u talk like Dr zakir Naik! He's a fool that knows nothing about the Indian religions! Stop listening to him!

We believe God is separate, but then it isn't. A rock is not God and we never say that it is!!

But yes we are VERY VERY different from Islam!

Thank Allah!!

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#598202 Feb 8, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>
so you don't believe your allah would possibly have pagan connections even islam does?
There was a deity called Allah before Muhammed came along. Infact Muhammed's father, who died 6 months before Muhammed was born, was named "Abdullah", which means servant of Allah. This is was all long before Islam came about, before even Muhammed was born.

Muslims know this. Allah in pagan arab faith was the creator god. In pagan arab faith, he had many companions and partners. All of this was thrown out when Islam came about, and it is now just one God Allah, in no need of any partners ever, who is all powerful and capable of anything and everything.

We know this stuff. I, along with others in my country, was taught this stuff since childhood. SO don't think you are presenting some great revelation to us and I am now going to say "HUH! This is true! What have I been following!". This is old stale news.

As I said before, Islam differs in intention. It's like how Zoroastrianism was formed. Zarathustra declared there is only one God, and the rest are all false, perhaps even demonic ideas to distract people from worshiping one God. The zoroastrian faith still retained many of its previous rituals, but the intentions changed, and that is the big difference.

It's all in the mind and heart, not in the face value of the action.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#598203 Feb 8, 2013
Clementia wrote:
As far as far goes! But only if u come with me?
Unfortunately, I have to get some work done.

Somebody stole the Mona Lisa last night.

When I catch the thief, I'll come back to help you with River. Don't try anything alone. I can't afford to lose another field agent.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#598204 Feb 8, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
When I catch the thief, I'll come back to help you with River. Don't try anything alone. I can't afford to lose another field agent.
It was a fake.

Don't ask.
endtime

AOL

#598205 Feb 8, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

“design is God's trademark”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#598206 Feb 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Natural forces don't "create" anything. Everything, as far as the evidence suggests, is a result of the natural forces. Learn your English before we continue.
YOU SAID, that 'natural forces' caused what exists.
so therefore by saying that YOU ARE saying you believe the earth, the universe and all that is on the earth came to be by natural forces.
the fact a house stands is proof there was a builder.

natural forces can't MAKE things.
natural forces can't design intelligent life.

Impossible.

“design is God's trademark”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#598207 Feb 8, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and your appeal to the majority does not bode well for you. If anything, it destroys your assertion even if you presented actual evidence.
so then basically what you are saying is that even if you were shown actual evidence, you would still choose to be an extreme skeptic?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#598208 Feb 8, 2013
Holy Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>Can I get off the couch now, AL? By the way, this God, he existed because he is a character in a book? Or, he was mistaking for an alien being?
Yes, you can get off the couch. Please, have a seat here. May I pour you some coffee?
The cream and sugar are there to your right.
In answer to your question, God, as we Christians understand is the Spirit hovering over the waters of the unformed Earth—Creator of the universe (matter, energy, space, and time) God is the personal being who walked and talked with Adam and Eve, the first human beings, in the garden of Eden.
The coffee is good huh? I grind it myself before brewing.
But back to the question.
God has always been and always will be. The Alpha and the Omega.
Is God an Alien?
That depends on your definition of "alien". If you mean creatures from another planet who have come here and done the things we attribute to God, then I'd have to say no - God isn't a creature from another planet. If he was, there would be evidence of alien technology left behind on Earth. There isn't any. Besides, what would the motivation of such aliens be in setting things up in our religions the way they are? It makes no sense and there is no evidence.

If you mean "alien" as in strange and foreign to our normal ways of thinking, then sure. God's about as alien as you can get. We can't begin to imagine just how alien. But that doesn't mean he flies around in a flying saucer. It just means he's outside our normal ability to conceive.

Why yes! You can have more coffee. I think I'll have a second cup myself.
harpocrates

Middlesboro, KY

#598210 Feb 8, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post shortened for space.
Rocks are rocks. In all kinds of cultures, certain rocks for whatever reason have some special meaning. It doesn't mean they got the idea of special rock from a single source. The human imagination is present in all humans. No one said the kissing of the black stone is a uniquely Islamic invention. All muslims know that the black stone and Kaaba predates Islam.
then you know that allah has the ability to speak to anyyone in their own tongue, which doesn't make islam any better, or worse, than another?

is it arabic custom to disdain one's ancestry?
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>And language is language. There will always be links because man evolved and spread out from a single source. So certain words will always have some resemblance to other languages. No one really knows the source. You do not know whether arabic formed as a result of human migration from India to the middle east and then west, or whether it formed from human migration moving eastwards.
i never stated it did. i implied that all of them are derived from the same source; kind of like the allegory of the tower of babel.
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>There is one thing you need to understand about idolatry. Idolatry is not an action. It is an intention. Muslims know that Allah is everywhere and the Kaaba is merely a symbol of the oneness of God. Even the Jews have the same practise. All Jews face the Temple Mount in Jerusalem when in prayer. It's to symbolise oneness. Something is only idolatry when the worshipper thinks that the actual object he is facing, can help him. Some ignorant Hindus commit idolatry because they think that the actual statue that they are praying to can help them. Educated Hindus on the other hand know about omnipresence of God and merely use the statues as a directional beacon to face when in worship. And the sooner you understand that, the more you'll realise that Islam is vastly different from arab paganism.
i already knew this. i explained it to you in an earlier post. it's called epeolatry. it's the dead letter of the law, the scripture.

the paganism that you disdain is the foundation of your holy mecca. you don't even recognize the irony of your like/dislike relationship with your own iconodulism and icon.

that is hypocrisy. the LAW of ONE makes no difference based on language, culture, evolution.

the LAW is impartial and ever present even when forms are changing. you're kind changed the kaaba. the truth remains self-apparent and the LAW of ONE remains unchanged.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#598211 Feb 8, 2013
siehjin wrote:
in a similar way God is the maker of the universe even though it may have been made by naturalistic processes.
So let me get this straight, your "god" was born and created the universe, but isn't powerful enough to create any naturalistic processes? That would mean that naturalistic processes are more powerful than your "god".
whether God is omnimax or not...
There is no such word as 'omnimax'. If you feel that this is in error then please provide a link to a non-biased, non religious dictionary which shows it. Other wise you're just making up words like anti-choicers do to win an argument, which effectively proves that you already lost it.
if He created the universe He is still far, far above us and greater than us.
That's a BIG "if".
harpocrates

Middlesboro, KY

#598212 Feb 8, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Even while many of the rituals can be said to have existed before Islam, it is the change of intention that defines Islam against Arab paganism.
Zoroastrianism was, and for the most part still is, a highly interesting and admirable faith. They used fire in their worship. But many of their followers became ignorant and instead of the fire being recognised as a mere symbol of God's power and mystery, they began to actually worship the fire itself. Now that is idolatry.
in christianity it is said: "our god is a consuming fire".

in the greek mythos prometheus is tortured by the gods for giving the knowledge of fire.

in the eastern cosmologies enlightenment is sometimes symbolized by the fire which sits upon the mount. shiva as the nataraja has it encircling his whole being. on the day of pentecost tongues of fire came down upon the heads of the people.

Acts 2:3
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

in the christian scripture it tells that at the end of the age, the harvest, he will gather the wheat and the chaff will be fed to the fires.

that time has come. I AM the iblis/eblis. i'm the black and blue one

the devil you say.

rolling in the deep

Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Hinduism is a form of pantheism, not panentheism. In Hinduism, there is unity of being. God encompasses all. By that logic, a rock may be called God, and even a person may call himself God and it would be acceptable.
you being the profane in this instance doesn't understand the symbolism of the yoni and the lingam. and yes ALLAH is omnipresent in everything. ahmi yat ahmi.
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>A person, like Buddha, can be said to have become one with God. God is everything and everything is God. But with Islam, we have a panentheistic thought. There is unity of being, termed in arabic as Wahdad al wujood, and unity of consciousness, called Wahdat as shuhood. This is where God is everything, and more. Everything exists as part of Him, and He is a single separate entity. It is a subtle difference.
there can be nothing separate from the ABSOLUTE for it is from ALLAH's being all came to be. only ALLAH is the EVER EXISTING ONE.
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Are you by any chance a fan of Mr. Oaks? He always likes to champion the idea that civilisation stemmed from India and that it was only Indians that built stuff and founded belief and culture, while everyone else just usurped it from them. Let alone the Kaaba, that quack even believes that the Vatican as well as the Taj Mahal are Hindu temples merely stolen from the wonderful Indians. The Indian government itself threw out his insane claims.
i'm no champion of any man. I AM taweed, or tawhid.

and idolatry is an action. it is an action of idolizing one thing above another as to create a difference.

islam is just another form of iconodulism

the djinn you say?

Location hidden

#598213 Feb 8, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet it was Mr Bean!

Everyone is losing someone or something, must be something in the air, defo ain't love tho.

OK, but i'm gonna play my cover, valentine's day is approaching so i'll plan something, u just bring the truth serum.

who was the agent u lost?
harpocrates

Middlesboro, KY

#598214 Feb 8, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
786, the word, om! Hahaha! You need to accept reality dude. Other cultures have brains too and have founded cultures, and postulated beliefs of their own on their own. The whole world didn't just copy India!
no they copied the source of hinduism and zoroastrianism via matriculation.

OM, AMEN, AUM, AHMI
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>786 is sum total of all the letters of the arabic alphabet that form the words Bismillah hi Rahman ar Rahim, or "In the name of God, the beneficient, the merciful". It has absolutely nothing to do with om! Hahaha.
the djinn you say?
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>These are some weird beliefs you have. But I suppose just about anything can be found from the internet.
Muslims believe that God sent many messengers to all cultures of the world preaching oneness and the end days. These messengers where accepted to varying degrees by their people. Some messengers weren't listened to at all. But that can very easily be the reason for some commonality. The rest of course, is all culture built over the message and wrapped up as religion.
But the point is, the whole world didn't just copy everything from India!
So tell me, what did the Mayans copy from the Indians?
the mayans got theres from the same way everyone else did. just like the druids got theres and so many others.

the cross/svastika is older than historical recordings.

missionaries

the cross is not christian, nor original. it is another form of the tau, the nehushtan, the winds of change.

even the druids used it in it's ancient form to represent the spirit = winds

http://www.knowth.com/crafts/newgrange.jpg

genesis 1:2 is another derivation for the allegory of the orphic egg
christianity is EVIL

West Pubnico, Canada

#598215 Feb 8, 2013
Scratching my ear wrote:
<quoted text>
*Blink* Okay then, how about if I ask that somebody prove that the sun is real. We feel its effects every day but nobody has ever really been there. You can see it, you can even feel its radiation but as for how that makes it 'real'?
[QUOTE]
youre joking right?

[QUOTE who="Scratchingmyear "]<quoted text>
Can you travel back through time and space to witness the events of the Bible, the Koran and other great religious works personally? Without that ability, and with only your direct personal experiences to draw from, stating that anything is truly 'real' becomes a practical impossibility. For all that Humans can possibly know about ourselves we really could be subroutines within a great operating system that nobody knows to exist.
This is an age old challenge that is most commonly responded to with, "Prove that He doesn't exist!" Still, that is, as I say, old and worn out. So instead of that little 'gem' I instead offer that a person inspects who and what he or she is and then decides rationally on his or her ability to hold what we call 'faith' in check. A person who is unable to hold any sort of 'faith' with any degree of constancy surely lacks the ability to even begin to comprehend a 'faith in God'!
As much as I might want to, teaching Calculus to a four year old is a daunting challenge! Most four year olds lack the foundation in mathematics to understand theoretical mathematics like the square root of negative one. Still, Calculus acts on each of our daily lives. It remains a theory that can never been proven but we still depend on it. In other words, I have just proven that people can have 'faith' but that is not the same as proving that God is real.
bible has way too many inconsistent contradictions to claim to be word of perfect god
it writen by primitive ancient folk who had no clue about how universe works so they Invented gods to explain the unknown..
www.skepticsannotatedbible.com
do you want to remain religious Ignoramus like that too?
do you think these gods are real,why not?

www.godchecker.com
Scratching wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I think that most people who disbelieve in any sort of an 'external force', like God, lack the proper foundation in 'faith' to ever get close enough to understand the basic concepts involved and almost certainly to 'feel' with any degree of real certainty what that is like! I have also known several 'atheists' and 'pantheists' who actually believed in something but they were very angry for life events so that their god, gods or God became the target for their frustration and anger. Pitiful, that.
Yes, I will now be very trite and catty to ask, "Which of these two are you?"
Have a Merry Christmas! ;)
reason is not pitful,its to be praised,
atheists cant be angry at gods we dont believe in them.
Evil religion such as xianity

www.evilbible.com

is whats Pitiful,as it makes people stupid.like your first sentence above proved.
your silly beliefs stand in the way of progress of our modern societys and causes nothing but strife and division,

Location hidden

#598216 Feb 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
A belief is simply having trust or confidence that a statement is true or that something exists or is real.
nothing in that statement mentions a mental issue.
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that makes it hard to reason, and tell the difference between what is real and not real. Faith WITHOUT supporting evidence is indistinguishable from schizophrenia.

Location hidden

#598217 Feb 8, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
If you mean "alien" as in strange and foreign to our normal ways of thinking, then sure. God's about as alien as you can get. We can't begin to imagine just how alien. But that doesn't mean he flies around in a flying saucer.
Speaking of that, how do you explain 15th Century paintings of the Madonna and Saint Giovannino with UFO's in the background?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#598218 Feb 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that makes it hard to reason, and tell the difference between what is real and not real. Faith WITHOUT supporting evidence is indistinguishable from schizophrenia.
According to who? Schizophrenia cannot be pinned down to any one group or society in particular. It has been estimated that up to 1 percent of the world population suffers from it. If faith without supporting evidence is indistinguishable from schizophrenia then the person who stated that obviously is not a psychologist or mental health professional.
Please at least consider this. If religion, belief in the unknown, God, etc is an illness then why have humans since the dawn of time had this belief? Regardless of where humanity lived, built civilizations is there no recorded history of an Atheist civilization? All cultures have believed in a/or multitude of deities. Even if they have never had contact with each other. Does this indicate that humanity is an ill race? That we are all schizophrenic?
Do we all posses this schizo DNA?

Location hidden

#598219 Feb 8, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
it writen by primitive ancient folk who had no clue about how universe works so they Invented gods to explain the unknown.
That makes too much sense for a religious person to comprehend. Cavemen thought that lightning came from angry gods. The bibull is just a romanticized version collection of those myths.

Location hidden

#598220 Feb 8, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that makes it hard to reason, and tell the difference between what is real and not real. Faith WITHOUT supporting evidence is indistinguishable from schizophrenia.
Of course it is, Mylan!

I studied this at Uni, i know, so don't make me explain the neuroscience behind it all!

:-p

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 2 min Bobby Bobson 30,697
Popcorn time for movies and shows using VPN 1 hr clayvligon 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 687,171
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr LAWEST100 184,840
Anthony Bragg 6 hr Oic yes 28
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 hr Anonymous 286,539
Clinton Foundation Scandals 9 hr Hiddn Numbrz 2
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 21 hr Here For Now 619,788
More from around the web