Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#597536 Feb 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
RR, it's called entertainment.
Nothing wrong with having fun.
04Feb13.....

.....You haven't had fun since your wifey caught you in her bed with da neighbor's 'dog'.

Ps:.....It's called 'Phuckin' da dog' and it stems from you and your ILK.

BobLoblah believes dat da only edumacation dat you have is dat which you gleaned from da ILK dat tossed swill ovva da rails of yer pigPen.

Forever and Ever
BobLoblah

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#597537 Feb 3, 2013
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....It takes one to know one.
So then you admittedly must be one too. Thank you.

Location hidden

#597538 Feb 3, 2013
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....WHO made da dirt???
A great question coming from someone who has ever taken a bath, and the answer is, evolution. Next?

Location hidden

#597539 Feb 3, 2013
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
.....There is NO such ding as an atheist.
Really? So then you admit that you believe whole heartedly in Zues? Interesting.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#597540 Feb 3, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Really? So then you admit that you believe whole heartedly in Zues? Interesting.
Bob's programming failed, and we haven't been able to recapture and repair the broken packages since he escaped the pod.
Sad part is his GPS was one of the broken packages.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#597541 Feb 3, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's a Lepricon website?
What's that?
The site for a convention of sufferers from Hansen's Disease?
siehjin

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#597543 Feb 3, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
have you ever considered that Universe maybe always existed,
after all the matter,energy from which its made cannot be created nor destroyed only changed,
so it always was in some form or shape,
no gods needed
hi, yes, i have considered that. however, it doesn't solve the problem. even if the universe has always existed, it still needs an explanation for its existence. if the question "why does the universe exist?" demands an answer, the question "why has the universe existed eternally?" also demands an answer.

also, if i understand current cosmology correctly, the universe has NOT always existed; rather, time and space had their absolute beginning in the Big Bang.
siehjin

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#597544 Feb 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you can't overcome this flawed reasoning.
But make no mistake, it is flawed because without empirical ,physical or observational evidence you cant make that determination. So you based it on belief anyway and science does not base it's determinations on belief.
you are assuming that science or empirical evidence is the only way to determine truth. the problem with that assumption is, it itself cannot be ascertained scientifically or empirically. therefore your position is self-defeating and you are the one using flawed reasoning.

it seems quite obvious to me that science or empirical evidence is not the only way to determine truth. for example, historical facts, moral values, the laws of logic, and mathematical principles are all areas of human knowledge in which we determine truths without using the scientific or empirical method. so again, your reasoning is flawed, not mine.
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The second part can only be understood by understanding deep time , and the evolution of chemical compositions. Hence it took 10 billion years to form the star of our solar system , and another half billion years for live to evolve. Another 3.5 billion years for it to evolve into what we see here now. There is no indicator of a intervening intelligence, but there is evidence of a slow but steady progression of complexity. We also see setbacks by natural cataclysmic disasters, but no intervention into the process of evolution.
just because we cannot detect the intervention of God, does not prove that He does not exist. absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
siehjin

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#597545 Feb 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but we also know that complex organisms tend to have parents, it's not a presupposition, it's simply applying something we know from facts. The existence of a god though is a presupposition, there is no evidence suggesting it, so it can be dismissed as mythology until there is solid evidence supporting it. You can't work backwards, and a human, you in other words, is only evidence of humans, your parents.
there is no evidence suggesting it? just look at our world. look at its complexity. look at its beauty. from the subatomic world of quarks and electrons, to the amazing variety of biological life, to the immensity of interstellar space. you claim that all this came into existence by random chance, or the action of blind mechanistic processes? i say that's impossible. rather, it is evidence for the existence of God.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#597546 Feb 4, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been converted.
I now believe in Santa Claus.
See! He does exist! You just haven't been a good boy all your years. Last year you were good, and so the presents came!

Feel the regret now? Bet you wish you hadn't been such a bad boy all the time.

:)
siehjin

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#597547 Feb 4, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
"the universe and all that is in it is tangible evidence for God"
Or the Invisible Pink Unicorn, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
if you seriously want to argue that God takes the form of an invisible pink unicorn or a flying spaghetti monster, you are free to do so.

the topic in question, however, simply states "prove there's a god". therefore there is no need to argue specifics; as per the topic, we need simply to establish whether or not some kind of God exists. if we are able to do that, then only should we debate the merits of the IPU vs. the FSM vs. other ideas of who this God is.

in conclusion, your parodies of God utterly fail to disprove my contention that the universe and all that is in it is evidence for the existence of God.

“Listen to the sounds”

Since: Feb 09

of your own extinction......

#597549 Feb 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Any idiot indoctrinated to believe in it.
You know, like religions do. Imagine that.
People throw the word "indoctrinated" around very loosely these days. And everyone likes to think they are free thinking and not indoctrinated, but really now, how do you know you are not indoctrinated? Even members of the most rabidly oppressive and maniac cults thought themselves are free independent thinkers. Tony Alamo and David Koresh's cult members all thought they were free thinkers, and everyone else is indoctrinated.

I don't think you belong to any religion, and hence can claim no indoctrination from that direction. But who is to say that you are not indoctrinated by other powers, like Hollywood, or the media, or the government, or capitalists trying to sell you some product?

Who decides what your perception of freedom is? You? Haha, that'll be a great joke. The government tells, trains you, from an early age in school about what their definition of freedom is. But they will never say "Our definition of freedom is....", they will simply say "Freedom is...". If the Arms lobby decides that security means owning a gun, your kid will be indoctrinated in school to equate security with a gun. If they decide that selling your own ass is freedom and autonomy, then you will believe it and think of others who don't sell their ass as suppressed and not free.

Indoctrination is the consequence of a lack of distinction between fact and opinion. The lines are blurred, sometimes negligently, or even purposefully. One way or the other, everyone is indoctrinated and the sooner you admit that, the better. Then you will truly be free.(haha, now I'm indoctrinating you on what freedom means).
siehjin

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#597550 Feb 4, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
no it does not
simple statement of your opinion, with no further explanation, reasoning, or proof. you utterly fail to disprove my point, that the existence of the universe is evidence for the existence of God.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
wadda idiot
a personal insult, again with no further explanation, reasoning, or proof. this ad hominem attack again utterly fails to disprove my point, that the existence of the universe is evidence for the existence of God.

Location hidden

#597551 Feb 4, 2013
how about.. find the truth

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#597552 Feb 4, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not "you all"...
"You" meaning believers.

Each of you has a different version of god.

There.

Was that easier for you to understand?

I'll try to avoid using big words with you in the future, but limiting myself to 3 letters or less will be difficult.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#597553 Feb 4, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Guessing? It is not illogical to not believe in purple flying elephants.
It IS illogical to believe in them just because someone tells you to.
That make YOU the FOOL. Have a nice day, slave.
Are they still slaves that don't know they're enslaved?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#597554 Feb 4, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
People throw the word "indoctrinated" around very loosely these days. And everyone likes to think they are free thinking and not indoctrinated, but really now, how do you know you are not indoctrinated? Even members of the most rabidly oppressive and maniac cults thought themselves are free independent thinkers. Tony Alamo and David Koresh's cult members all thought they were free thinkers, and everyone else is indoctrinated.
I don't think you belong to any religion, and hence can claim no indoctrination from that direction. But who is to say that you are not indoctrinated by other powers, like Hollywood, or the media, or the government, or capitalists trying to sell you some product?
Who decides what your perception of freedom is? You? Haha, that'll be a great joke. The government tells, trains you, from an early age in school about what their definition of freedom is. But they will never say "Our definition of freedom is....", they will simply say "Freedom is...". If the Arms lobby decides that security means owning a gun, your kid will be indoctrinated in school to equate security with a gun. If they decide that selling your own ass is freedom and autonomy, then you will believe it and think of others who don't sell their ass as suppressed and not free.
Indoctrination is the consequence of a lack of distinction between fact and opinion. The lines are blurred, sometimes negligently, or even purposefully. One way or the other, everyone is indoctrinated and the sooner you admit that, the better. Then you will truly be free.(haha, now I'm indoctrinating you on what freedom means).
One way I know that I'm not indoctrinated in any real sense is that I never take anything as fact merely on somebody's say-so.

I fact check. I doubt. I cross check. I look for bias. I factor my own biases. I question. EVERYTHING.

As for freedom, that is a fantasy. Freedom is a myth. A platitude. There is no such thing. Only the illusion.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#597555 Feb 4, 2013
_BobLoblah_ wrote:
<quoted text>04Feb13.....
.....WHO made da dirt???
Ps:....No bullSchidt now, ya hear ya eeejit.
Forever and Ever
BobLoblah
Not who.

What.

Easy scrollin' is back.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#597556 Feb 4, 2013
True Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
See! He does exist! You just haven't been a good boy all your years. Last year you were good, and so the presents came!
Feel the regret now? Bet you wish you hadn't been such a bad boy all the time.
:)
But I had so much fun...
endtime

AOL

#597557 Feb 4, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min jethro8 559,505
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min Lyndi 175,639
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min truth 605,020
Is A Race War Brewing? 9 min yon 51
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 13 min cheer the f up 119,656
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 15 min Johnny 1,023
Muslim Women (Dec '09) 20 min zubair 378
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr who 265,147
More from around the web