Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#597895 Feb 5, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
obviously day-release from the special hospital...
...so when do you get out?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#597896 Feb 5, 2013
Clem wrote:
Clem is a redneck name.
Clem Kadiddlehopper.

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#597897 Feb 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think he's your type.

I'm not sure there is a type, maybe the special Olympics crowd?
Sharkey

Sparks, NV

#597898 Feb 5, 2013
socci wrote:
Atheism comes from science?
Science comes from the schools - to the pupils?
Science theories comes from the Jesuits.
The Jesuit George LaMaitre is the father of the 'big bang'.
The Jesuit Peire DeChardin was involved with both the Pildown hoax and Peking man - neither have any evidences.
The free schools of today teach with science secular humanism of marxism and the illuminati before. The Freemasons' Royal Society in London included the Darwins, and the Jesuits founded both the illuminati and Freemasons.
conclusion
Atheists are just more romanist pagans.
http://jesuitscience.blogspot.com
You are just a moron rambling on about a bunch of disjointed conspiracy theories, coming to a [email protected] so called "conclusion".
Atheists serve no gods, not even pagan ones.
Conclusion: You're just another emptyheaded parrot.
Sharkey

Sparks, NV

#597899 Feb 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What is mystical about the "Love thy neighbor." theme?
You didn't finish that sentence.
It's "Love thy Christian neighbor only and the rest can go to hell."
Get it straight.
That's why the world is messed up, because of YOU bigots and your PHONY "tenets" that you don't even live by, you just talk.
Nothing but a bunch of PHONIES. FAKE. No one is fooled anymore.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#597900 Feb 5, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>it's a self fulfilling prophecy. the very thing they fear, they have become through their fear.
"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences"
-Robert K. Merton.

A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true, by the very terms of the prophecy itself, due to positive feedback between belief and behavior
-Wikipedia

Face it. Humanity has had a history of self fulfilling prophecies not related to Religion, but directly related to human psychological needs.
This is what made us rise above the animals if you're into an evolutionary explanation.
We dream about what we want, can be, should be. Our dreams become our driving force. We fulfill.

It's not a religious thing. Religion or lack of it is not the cause or the cure of prophesy. It's simply a human biological issue. It's who we are.

Location hidden

#597901 Feb 5, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
why would you believe me if i died & came back?
Because no one has ever been able to do that before.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#597902 Feb 5, 2013
"Nothing has more retarded the advancement of learning than the disposition of vulgar minds to ridicule and vilify what they cannot comprehend." - Samuel Johnson
Dr Shrink

Baltimore, MD

#597903 Feb 5, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You are just a moron rambling on about a bunch of disjointed conspiracy theories, coming to a [email protected] so called "conclusion".
Atheists serve no gods, not even pagan ones.
Conclusion: You're just another emptyheaded parrot.
conclusion of dr shrink laboratory research
you like other bunch of monkey embrio species are not able even serve own needs,because mostly they s.....into own diapers or bed during sleep, and leave in this world like stinking white maggots from all dirthy filthy morality dumpster

conclussion;
You are also one more emptybrain small chicken lips brain fluids brain size of miniature corn seed
Sharkey

Sparks, NV

#597904 Feb 5, 2013
siehjin wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
i will repeat here what i've already said to Karl44:
"my contention is that the existence of the universe is evidence for the existence of God. given how amazingly complex and breathtakingly beautiful the universe is, this proposition is intuitively probable. therefore if you nay-sayers fail to disprove it, i would say that my contention stands."
let me use a courtroom analogy to illustrate how i see this.
let us say that A is accused of the murder of B. as such, the prosecutor's job is to "prove that A murdered B".(in the same way, in this forum the theist's challenge is to "prove that there's a god".)
so then, the prosecutor shows the court a knife and claims that it is the murder weapon, evidence that A has murdered B.(in the same way, i have claimed that the existence of the universe is evidence for the existence of God.)
however, the defending attorney objects. a mere knife is proof of nothing, he says.(in the same way, various people here have objected, saying that the existence of the universe does not prove that God exists.)
the prosecutor then replies that the knife was found on the scene of the crime, with B's blood on it, and A's fingerprints.(in the same way, i have replied that the universe, in all its beauty and complexity, bears the fingerprints of God.)
unless the defending attorney has some better reason why the knife should not be considered as evidence in the trial, it will be accepted as incriminating evidence against A.(in the same way, unless those objectors have some better reason why the existence of the universe should not be considered as evidence of God's existence, it should be accepted as such.)
You're messing up by using a real example in the real world to try to "prove" something that is unproven and only in your imagination.
Blood and fingerprints on a knife is evidence that can be seen and will be prosecuted as fit.
WHERE are the "fingerprints of god" in your example? Just because the universe is here does not mean god put it here. It's not that "objectors should have BETTER reasons" it's just that YOU should ACCEPT the REALITY that nothing was just "poofed" into existance by a wizard with a magic wand and that you were not brought here by the stork.
You just don't want to admit the reality that it was SEX that put you here, not "god".
Sorry, you came from your mother's hoo-hoo, not the turnip truck yesterday, so stop acting like it with your "God put it here" belief.
Sharkey

Sparks, NV

#597905 Feb 5, 2013
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
conclusion of dr shrink laboratory research
you like other bunch of monkey embrio species are not able even serve own needs,because mostly they s.....into own diapers or bed during sleep, and leave in this world like stinking white maggots from all dirthy filthy morality dumpster
conclussion;
You are also one more emptybrain small chicken lips brain fluids brain size of miniature corn seed
Bleep bleep bloop bloop blurbleblurble...what was that you were saying? I couldn't understand you with all that foam around your mouth.

Someone should shoot your @ss like the rabid diseased dog that you are.

Location hidden

#597906 Feb 5, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
you're wasting the talents and brains you'd claim were given to you by your deity.
Yep, that's the really sad part about it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#597907 Feb 5, 2013
Clem wrote:
<quoted text> Wow, calm down. I've been posting on the sports stories for over a year. Clem is a redneck name. Oh, there is no hell.
My name is not Wow or calm down, never has been and never will be!! NEVER!! Just like hell!!!:-)

OK, i'll let it go this time. Are u from the same place as 'Redneck' then?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#597908 Feb 5, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
"Nothing has more retarded the advancement of learning than the disposition of vulgar minds to ridicule and vilify what they cannot comprehend." - Samuel Johnson
Yeah well....I've had it with these m-fkin snakes on this m-fkin plane.
Samuel L Jackson.

#597909 Feb 5, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure there is a type, maybe the special Olympics crowd?
Or someone from table 9
harpocrates

Morehead, KY

#597910 Feb 5, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What is mystical about the "Love thy neighbor." theme?
mystics don't exclude the continuation of consciousness.
Sharkey

Sparks, NV

#597911 Feb 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
-Robert K. Merton.
A self-fulfilling prophecy is a prediction that directly or indirectly causes itself to become true, by the very terms of the prophecy itself, due to positive feedback between belief and behavior
-Wikipedia
Face it. Humanity has had a history of self fulfilling prophecies not related to Religion, but directly related to human psychological needs.
This is what made us rise above the animals if you're into an evolutionary explanation.
We dream about what we want, can be, should be. Our dreams become our driving force. We fulfill.
It's not a religious thing. Religion or lack of it is not the cause or the cure of prophesy. It's simply a human biological issue. It's who we are.
"This is what made us rise above the animals if you're into an evolutionary explanation.
We dream about what we want, can be, should be. Our dreams become our driving force. We fulfill."

But what are we "fulfilling" now but a world full of war, hatred, poverty, disease, and death that will eventually lead to self-extinction? Are we supposed to "evolve" out of existance altogether?

Is a self-extincting species REALLY "who we are"? That is very sad, Al, so I guess we humans are just designed and resigned for a mass-murder-suicide.

I don't think we've "risen above" the animals very much, the way we fight each other to death over petty stuff. We're still stuck on the "Different? ENEMY! DESTROY!" mindset and if we don't "evolve" out of that, we will only succeed in killing ourselves off.

CHANGE THE PROPHECY. GET A NEW, BETTER ONE.

Write a new new testament if you have to.

Try THE NEW 21ST CENTURY TESTAMENT OF HUMANKIND.
If it's self-fulfilling, let's let something GOOD fulfill itself, like Utopia.
Let's not fulfill a ball of radioactive ash, because that's what we're doing right now and we need to STOP!

Humans CANNOT be "biologically driven" to self-extinct, are they??? I hope you're wrong, Al! If we are so "above the animals" we should overcome our "biological drive" to self-extinct.
Sharkey

Sparks, NV

#597912 Feb 5, 2013
siehjin wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, the resurrection of Jesus Christ is a verifiable historical fact that does support my contention. as do the existence of objective moral values. but let us not get distracted. at the moment all i'm focussing on is the claim that the existence of the universe is evidence for the existence of God, and i do think that the principles of logic support my contention.
<quoted text>
what do you mean by this? are you claiming that logic itself is invalid? how would you even begin to support such a claim?
<quoted text>
i do not believe in the FSM and the IPU because they are mere parodies of God. your last sentence is false; just because parodies are not real, it does not in any way prove that the original is similarly not real.
You lose all credibility when you bring up the resurrection fantasy/story.
As smart as you sound, I can't believe you don't understand how death works.
When you die, you are dead forever.
There is no such thing as a "resurrection" in anything, plant, animal, or human. Death is PERMANENT. FOREVER.
You have been fed a fantasy disguised as "historical fact". It is impossible for you to be logical when you believe in a fantasy. That's ILLOGICAL to believe a person can rise from the dead. That's just what they call "special effects" on television: NOT REAL.
No "principle of logic" will support the fact that just because you don't know WHAT created the universe means that "god must have done it". There is no evidence to support that the universe was "made by anyone". The universe could have made itself, by itself, in order to make itself, WITHOUT some "outside influence" like a god.

#597913 Feb 5, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>"This is what made us rise above the animals if you're into an evolutionary explanation.
We dream about what we want, can be, should be. Our dreams become our driving force. We fulfill."
But what are we "fulfilling" now but a world full of war, hatred, poverty, disease, and death that will eventually lead to self-extinction? Are we supposed to "evolve" out of existance altogether?
Is a self-extincting species REALLY "who we are"? That is very sad, Al, so I guess we humans are just designed and resigned for a mass-murder-suicide.
I don't think we've "risen above" the animals very much, the way we fight each other to death over petty stuff. We're still stuck on the "Different? ENEMY! DESTROY!" mindset and if we don't "evolve" out of that, we will only succeed in killing ourselves off.
CHANGE THE PROPHECY. GET A NEW, BETTER ONE.
Write a new new testament if you have to.
Try THE NEW 21ST CENTURY TESTAMENT OF HUMANKIND.
If it's self-fulfilling, let's let something GOOD fulfill itself, like Utopia.
Let's not fulfill a ball of radioactive ash, because that's what we're doing right now and we need to STOP!
Humans CANNOT be "biologically driven" to self-extinct, are they??? I hope you're wrong, Al! If we are so "above the animals" we should overcome our "biological drive" to self-extinct.
Very interesting that you mentioned that Sharkey. I was having a very spirited conversation with one of my customers last Friday about why we have not found intelligent life out there. And how we compare on the Kardashev scale and how humanity must learn to rise above our primitive scale of less than one. With one being crucial because that's theoretically where most civilizations may become extinct. It's off topic but I personally think that we can self fulfill if we consciously choose to become greater than we presently are. Choose to see the future as something better.

Some may use science to set their minds to it and yet others may choose religion.
I don't personally see an issue with either one.
I choose my religion and use it to show the positiveness of its teachings. I don't threaten or condemn anyone to "go to hell"
My Bible tells me that yes we are more than just animals and simply stated that gives me hope for the success of humanity. Of that I simply have no doubt (faith)
harpocrates

Morehead, KY

#597914 Feb 5, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
-Robert K. Merton.
-Wikipedia
negative reinforcing beliefs.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/01/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Things poping up while i was sitting on my dads... (Jun '11) 38 min Bluehair79 67
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 39 min hornny15234 19
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 57 min River Tam 48,426
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 44,656
What attracts white women to black men? (Mar '07) 1 hr Johnny 11,539
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr Yankster 2,035
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr MUQ2 281,243
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Cory 646,503
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 hr Toby 105,572
More from around the web