Prove there's a god.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#597058 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ascend has more meanings than simply "go up".
Really?'Cuss in the bibull they SPECIFICALLY use the word UP to describe this event;

Mark 16:19 "So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken unto them, was received UP into heaven... yadda yadda yadda....

See jethro, once you start a lie how quickly you get caught up in its web? LOL...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#597059 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And yours isn't? You're the one that spouts your opinions of God as incontrovertible. You're the one spouting atheist dogma.
<quoted text>
Believing terrifies you atheists. You're afraid you might be wrong.
Doubting terrifies you theists.

You're all hypocritical Pascal's wagerers.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#597060 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"ascend" is not "rose"....
O for christ's sake, buck...

I mean RR.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#597062 Feb 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. All religious people are slaves to fear just like you are. Boo!
Proverrs ix. 10.—"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." Luke xii. 4, 5.—"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_God_ (religion)
I suppose you think "fear The Lord" means "afraid", like you think "ascend" only means "go up in the air"......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597063 Feb 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Oh great. Because now you get to tell everyone where "heaven" is at, since jeebuss "ascended into heaven". Since (according to you) jeebuss didn't "rise" into heaven, then jeebuss must still be on Earth eh? So give everyone the GPS coordinates for heaven and you will have won this conversation.
If you can't do that, then you are just another delusional religious fool.
Let's see what happens....
See? You're such an ignorant baby.

You probably think "clouds of heaven" are cirrostratus, huh?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597064 Feb 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Really?'Cuss in the bibull they SPECIFICALLY use the word UP to describe this event;
Mark 16:19 "So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken unto them, was received UP into heaven... yadda yadda yadda....
See jethro, once you start a lie how quickly you get caught up in its web? LOL...
Why do you pretend to want to learn? You're just as ignorant as you claim the "bronze age goatherders" to be.

The idea of a heaven "up there" came from the world view of the times. In both Greek and Hebrew, the word for heaven means "sky." It's used to describe God's kingdom, that's all.

The ancients thought that the universe was a cosmic building. The underworld, the earth and heaven.

You apparently still see it the same way.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597065 Feb 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Deep into that darkness peering...
Long I stood there, wondering...
Fearing...
Doubting...

Since: May 11

Uphall, UK

#597066 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"ascend" is not "rose"....
you are aware that the ascension is not the same as the resurrection...?

...being a good christian and all that.

Since: May 11

Uphall, UK

#597067 Feb 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
O for christ's sake, buck...
I mean RR.
80 posts per day...just like buck.

They work to to the bone in blue collar america...but buck was in jail, he had nothing but time...when he wasn`t swineherding.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#597068 Feb 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it don't! That's mistake number 1, u know-it-all!:-p

When u insult me and call me names, could u please use an insult that i would understand? That was mistake number 2!

Thank you! Have a flying day!:-)

Location hidden

#597069 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I suppose you think "fear The Lord" means "afraid", like you think "ascend" only means "go up in the air"......
Oh no, I have NO doubt that you religious sorts have conveniently redefined certain words to "fit" into your religion. Probably made some words up too like the anti-choice freaks do too. LOL....

Location hidden

#597070 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
See? You're such an ignorant baby.
You probably think "clouds of heaven" are cirrostratus, huh?
As far as this conversation goes I think that you are trying to redirect the conversation AWAY from you having to PROVE anything. That's what I think jethro.

Still waiting for those GPS coordinates for "heaven" since jeebuss didn't "rise' into heaven.

(cue Jeopardy theme music)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597071 Feb 1, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
you are aware that the ascension is not the same as the resurrection...?
...being a good christian and all that.
Yes.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597072 Feb 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no, I have NO doubt that you religious sorts have conveniently redefined certain words to "fit" into your religion. Probably made some words up too like the anti-choice freaks do too. LOL....
What words do the anti-choicers come up with?

Location hidden

#597073 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
It's used to describe God's kingdom, that's all.
Good. If it's a "kingdom" then it must be big.

So what's the address then sparky?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#597074 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I know the definition of the word.
Sure, sure you did, you were stumbling along on purpose, only to give the appearance of ignorance, you crafty devil, you~\.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Hey, it's not my fault that you stupid atheists read "Jesus ascended into heaven" and see it as "Jesus climbed a ladder went through the clouds pass the sky into outer space to be with the sky daddy in the sky because he's the sky daddy and that's all I can think of"
Lets be honest here. Science has caused Christianity to rethink its views concerning what "heaven" and "hell" represent within the NT.

Within the beginnings of your religion(Canaanite origins and earlier, to Judaism) "heaven" indicated pretty much in the area above the earth.

"The term for heavens in the Tanakh is shamayim, located above the firmament (a solid, transparent dome which covered the earth and separated it from the "waters" above). The God of Israel (Yahweh) lived in Heaven or in the "Heaven of Heavens" (the exact difference between these two, if any, is unclear) in a heavenly palace. His dwelling on earth was Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem, which was a model of the cosmos and included a section which represented Heaven." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven#Judaism_....

What about here now with Christianity?

"The New Testament:
The New Testament defines ‘heaven’ from the Greek word ‘ouranos’ meaning ‘the sky’ in all but 7 instances : Philippians 2:10: from the Greek, epouranos,‘ above the sky, celestial. Revelation 8:13, 14:6, 19:1, 11, 14, and 17: from the Greek word mesouranema, meaning mid-sky

The infrequency of the word ‘sky‘in the Bible must also be looked at in the overall study of this concept. The words sky and skies only appear 11 times in all 66 books. The words for things that normally appear in the sky such as clouds, stars, whirlwinds, storms, lightning, birds, rain, hail, and wind appear over 600 times.

Heaven is the word the translators of the King James Bible in the early 1600's purposefully translated into the original words biblical authors used for the physical sky, not some ethereal plane.

The King James Bible was translated for King James of England who lived in a royal castle, surrounded by royal people, all speaking a royal language; a very proper form of court English. The Court English employed entirely different words to describe things, thus, confusing the commoners as to the meaning of certain words. You was thee, raiment was clothing, and sky was heaven.

Therefore, in all but the above noted instances, the word heaven should be read as sky. Heaven is the sky, and sky fits in every instance." http://www.thedoctrinesofmen.com/doctrine3.ht...

Funny,^^that^^.

Lets look at what the NT says about the Hell!

Ephesians 4:9 'Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the LOWER PARTS OF THE EARTH.'

Riiiight...so when the NT speaks of the Heaven!, it means some place that is nonphysical, and "the nether regions", but when it talks about the Hell!, it means under the ground we walk on.

So, yeah, atheists(and not just atheists) use the term in the way it was meant, depending on the context, because its laughable in how you(Christianity) now act as though the current or modern(updated) Christian definition is what it has been all along, and only that.

I get that much of Christianity really attempts to make it reconcile with what is scientifically known, so you don't feel like complete dolts, but the book is the book, those are the inspired "god words".

I didn't cause them to be written as they are. Right? "god words"

Maybe you should pray and ask why it is so painfully vague and inaccurate.

It's your belief.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#597075 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not afraid to admit that I know God is real AND I believe in God.
That's just it .... you don't know, you assume.

Location hidden

#597076 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
What words do the anti-choicers come up with?
Really? Do you want to go down that path without FIRST showing everyone what "heavens" address is supposed to be?

Tired of people proving to you that you are delusional?

You change directions faster than a weather vane. LOL...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597077 Feb 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. If it's a "kingdom" then it must be big.
So what's the address then sparky?
For you, it's somewhere in the sky....

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#597078 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
By the way, you didn't answer my question.
I actually did. The definition I provided pretty much covers all usages of the word "ascended".

But, you don't understand that.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
So I'll ask again. If you were to ascend to become the president of the United States, does that in any way mean that you "went up in the air"?
No, but then again, if it was written in the paper that the President ascended on Air Force One, we wouldn't be thinking he went into a cave, no?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The answer is no.
With contextual qualifiers, sure.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
But you moronic atheists can't admit that.
I just did, and clarified it even further for you.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You know the Bible says that Jesus ascended into heaven so you closed minded retards see that as he literally went up in the sky.
That's because we don't try to twist the simplistic "god words" to mean things other than what it obviously reads as, and is accurate to the original word meanings, too, I must add.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You people are strange.
We aren't embarrassed by the "god words" in the bible, and have no need to excuse away what it means, so we don't, not like Christians do, so yeah, I'm sure it seems strange to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 'Fake News' Con: A Case Study 35 min coco 57
Ring Payments 1 hr annaleighanne 1
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr -KENTUCKY- 100,153
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr guest 670,272
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 hr Peter Ross 445,651
Any hot teen girl wanna email me (Mar '12) 9 hr idk 8
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 hr NIST 286,454
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,287
More from around the web