Prove there's a god.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#597045 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"ascend" is not "rose"....
Rose is past tense of rise. Here's an example Jethro, today the sun rises, yesterday it rose.

Ascend |əˈsend| verb - go up or climb: 2 rise through the air: as in; we had ascended 3,000 ft.

Here's youir quote for the day;
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Location hidden

#597046 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
God supplies the proof, my dear. Not Redneck.
Get a grip.
Get a grip huh? You are here making claims that you cannot back up, and other people need to get a grip? Hahaha...

You are right about one thing, "redneck" has NEVER supplied proof for anything. Oh snap! LOL....

Location hidden

#597047 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I know the definition of the word.
Apparently not. Your posts are proof of that Jethro.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#597048 Feb 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
Now you are first committing a fallacy called the fallacy fallacy, then you project. It's accepting that you don't know that actually frightens you, it's the one fear that religion feeds on. That is why religion will hand you things that cannot be tested, and offer no evidence to support them, because it's trying to make you feel like you know something without ever telling you anything.
Oh my. You guys play the fallacy card a lot but now there's a "fallacy fallacy"?

I'm not afraid of anything, Koder.

Now you are projecting.
Some of your ignorances annoy me, some of your ideas are good, but I hope that one day you will begin to learn again, there is never a time we should stop learning, since we now have the luxury of time to do so. My wanting you to begin learning is not without it's selfishness, ironically, because some of those who seemed the craziest actually did offer us some excellent new advances, such as Tesla, the perfect example of such. He was utterly insane in many ways, but harmless, and his ideas have given us new technology that we had once only dreamed of. Too bad we didn't realize just how genius he was until after he was psychologically beaten and dead. But alas, if he had given up learning he'd never have left a mark on this world.
Ok wait. "Begin learning"? You want me to begin learning? WTF?

I'm no Tesla but I'm also not an idiot.

I never want to stop learning, I don't why you damn atheists assume so f_cking much. It's irritating.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597049 Feb 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
How ironic that you would use two words that describe fear. You do know that fear is a major component for religion to exist...LOL...
Sure, says the atheist......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597050 Feb 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it doesn't say it. You have to read it yourself...
It's virtually pointless to try to have a discussion with you.

But you amuse me, so continue.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597051 Feb 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
Rose is past tense of rise. Here's an example Jethro, today the sun rises, yesterday it rose.
You owe yourself a pat on your own back.
Ascend |&#601;&#712;send| verb - go up or climb: 2 rise through the air: as in; we had ascended 3,000 ft.

Derp.

Ascend has more meanings than simply "go up". If you'd open your minuscule atheist mind just a wee bit, you'd get it.

Think about it like this. When a prince ascends to the throne and becomes king, do you think he went up in the air? He DID ascend.....
Here's youir quote for the day;
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
Read that to yourself over and over.

It's like MLK prepped that just for you.

Unless you think that when MLK ascended to become a civil rights leader, he had to go up in the air......

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#597052 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my. You guys play the fallacy card a lot but now there's a "fallacy fallacy"?
I'm not afraid of anything, Koder.
Now you are projecting.
<quoted text>
Ok wait. "Begin learning"? You want me to begin learning? WTF?
I'm no Tesla but I'm also not an idiot.
I never want to stop learning, I don't why you damn atheists assume so f_cking much. It's irritating.
The fallacy fallacy has other names, that's just the easiest one to remember:
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-f...

You are afraid, you are afraid of admitting you don't know something. If you were not afraid, you'd admit that you don't know if there is a god.

Location hidden

#597053 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm not afraid of anything,
Not true. All religious people are slaves to fear just like you are. Boo!

Proverrs ix. 10.—"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." Luke xii. 4, 5.—"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_God_ (religion)

Location hidden

#597054 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Sure, says the atheist......
You have the attention span of a goldfish. How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not atheist? Oh snap, there goes your theory. ROFL.....

Location hidden

#597055 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ascend has more meanings than simply "go up".
Oh great. Because now you get to tell everyone where "heaven" is at, since jeebuss "ascended into heaven". Since (according to you) jeebuss didn't "rise" into heaven, then jeebuss must still be on Earth eh? So give everyone the GPS coordinates for heaven and you will have won this conversation.

If you can't do that, then you are just another delusional religious fool.

Let's see what happens....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597056 Feb 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The fallacy fallacy has other names, that's just the easiest one to remember:
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-f...
You are afraid, you are afraid of admitting you don't know something. If you were not afraid, you'd admit that you don't know if there is a god.
I'm not afraid to admit that I know God is real AND I believe in God.

I'm also not afraid to admit that I've never heard of fallacy fallacy until a few minutes ago.

I don't know why you think I made a fallacy fallacy. Here's what I wrote:

"And yours isn't? You're the one that spouts your opinions of God as incontrovertible. You're the one spouting atheist dogma.

Believing terrifies you atheists. You're afraid you might be wrong."

Here's the fallacy fallacy from your link:

"Example: Recognising that Amanda had committed a fallacy in arguing that we should eat healthy food because a nutritionist said it was popular, Alyse said we should therefore eat bacon double cheeseburgers every day."

That makes sense to me. The nutritionist said to eat healthy food because it's popular - so are cheeseburgers......

Enlighten me.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597057 Feb 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You have the attention span of a goldfish. How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not atheist? Oh snap, there goes your theory. ROFL.....
Not an atheist? Them what?

Location hidden

#597058 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ascend has more meanings than simply "go up".
Really?'Cuss in the bibull they SPECIFICALLY use the word UP to describe this event;

Mark 16:19 "So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken unto them, was received UP into heaven... yadda yadda yadda....

See jethro, once you start a lie how quickly you get caught up in its web? LOL...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#597059 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And yours isn't? You're the one that spouts your opinions of God as incontrovertible. You're the one spouting atheist dogma.
<quoted text>
Believing terrifies you atheists. You're afraid you might be wrong.
Doubting terrifies you theists.

You're all hypocritical Pascal's wagerers.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#597060 Feb 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"ascend" is not "rose"....
O for christ's sake, buck...

I mean RR.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597062 Feb 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. All religious people are slaves to fear just like you are. Boo!
Proverrs ix. 10.—"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom." Luke xii. 4, 5.—"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_of_God_ (religion)
I suppose you think "fear The Lord" means "afraid", like you think "ascend" only means "go up in the air"......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597063 Feb 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Oh great. Because now you get to tell everyone where "heaven" is at, since jeebuss "ascended into heaven". Since (according to you) jeebuss didn't "rise" into heaven, then jeebuss must still be on Earth eh? So give everyone the GPS coordinates for heaven and you will have won this conversation.
If you can't do that, then you are just another delusional religious fool.
Let's see what happens....
See? You're such an ignorant baby.

You probably think "clouds of heaven" are cirrostratus, huh?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597064 Feb 1, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Really?'Cuss in the bibull they SPECIFICALLY use the word UP to describe this event;
Mark 16:19 "So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken unto them, was received UP into heaven... yadda yadda yadda....
See jethro, once you start a lie how quickly you get caught up in its web? LOL...
Why do you pretend to want to learn? You're just as ignorant as you claim the "bronze age goatherders" to be.

The idea of a heaven "up there" came from the world view of the times. In both Greek and Hebrew, the word for heaven means "sky." It's used to describe God's kingdom, that's all.

The ancients thought that the universe was a cosmic building. The underworld, the earth and heaven.

You apparently still see it the same way.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#597065 Feb 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Doubting terrifies you theists.
You're all hypocritical Pascal's wagerers.
Deep into that darkness peering...
Long I stood there, wondering...
Fearing...
Doubting...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 11 min RiccardoFire 46,194
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min RiccardoFire 184,746
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 41 min Catcher1 110,267
snapchat dirty pics shemale (May '14) 59 min Cali4real12 30
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Bongo 12
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr President DonJ Trump 675,587
immigrant muslims in new jersey are destroying ... 6 hr Sethlong 5
More from around the web