Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

#596342 Jan 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Abrahamics are indeed causing themselves to become an extinct branch in the world society.
It has been observed(history is the witness) that those who believe in absurdities commit atrocities. This behavior is intolerable in an advancing society. We can do better.
Oh yes your right, and the brave ones are always the ones who die first, people see them as fools, yet we see them and ourselves as the holders of courage, justice and the path of virtue.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#596343 Jan 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagining a "new color" will not prove you wrong, nor, will it prove you right.
Imagination is imagination, that is where your deity resides.
yes it will prove me right, since u believe in its powers i.e your brain's intelectual powers and capabilities. Do you truly believe that u will ever achieve ultimate knowledge, its even scientifically proven that the human mind cannot even comprehend all, even the most brilliant of men have only used something like 3%. so even if u can, your body won't make it. you only have up till 140 or was it 160 years max limit, nowadays age.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#596344 Jan 30, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS. CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS. CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS"
LOL! why is it always the god-hating atheist's who argue this more than any other group? even the leaders of catholicism claim that they're a seperate group from all others and that they alone hold the keys to the kingdom....
Here- SUCK on this, RR.

"What is the Catholic Religion?

For the first thousand years of Christianity there was no "Roman Catholicism" as we know it today, simply because there was no Eastern Orthodoxy or Protestantism to distinguish it. There was only the "one, holy, catholic church" affirmed by the early creeds, which was the body of Christian believers all over the world, united by common traditions, beliefs, church structure and worship (catholic simply means "universal"). Thus, throughout the Middle Ages, if you were a Christian, you belonged to the Catholic Church. Any Christianity other than the Catholic Church was a heresy, not a denomination.

Being Catholic Today

Today, however, Roman Catholicism is not the only accepted Christian church.******Thus to be a Roman Catholic means to be a certain kind of Christian:****** one with unique beliefs, practices and traditions that are distinct from those of other Christians. Nevertheless, the Catholic Church continues to maintain that it alone has carried on the true tradition of the apostolic church and has traditionally regarded dissenting groups as heresies, not alternatives (Martin Luther was swiftly excommunicated). However, the recent Second Vatican Council declared all baptized Christians to be "in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church." {1}

Although it did not begin at a specific point in history like the Protestant denominations, in its long history Roman Catholicism has evolved into a distinctive branch of Christianity with beliefs, practices and organization that differ from both Protestantism and Orthodoxy.

The Makeup of Catholocism

******Roman Catholicism is by far the largest Christian group.****** With more than one billion adherents, Catholics constitute about half of the world's Christians.{2} Catholicism is the majority religion of Italy, Spain, and nearly all Latin American countries.

*****In 2001, about 24 percent of Americans identified themselves as Catholic, making Catholicism the largest Christian denomination in America******(if the Protestant denominations are counted individually). The next largest denomination, Baptist, was claimed by 16 percent of Americans.{3} Yet if Protestants are considered as one group, Catholics remain a minority among America's Christians.

And special note from the above: "Roman Catholicism is by far the largest Christian group."

I guess that means you're a MINORITY, huh, RR? ROFLMAO!!!

Such fuel to feed the fire of your self-inflicted persecution complex- too funny!

http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/den...

Now you be sure to "shoot" the messenger- the website I used- rather than actually listen to the FACTUAL message provided.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#596345 Jan 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes, in your retarded version of the word "minority", which you relate to numbers only, they are a minority....
You have the nerve to call them retarded when YOU'RE the one wrong? What a loser! What OTHER way would anyone (except you of course) define the word minority?

Here, maybe this will help:

minority |m&#601;&#712;nr& #601;t&#275;| noun 1 the smaller NUMBER or part, esp. a NUMBER that is less than half the whole NUMBER:

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#596346 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not arguing a damn thing- why would I have to argue what is FACT- that FACT being that:
CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS. CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS. CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS.
And so show me where ANY leaders of Catholicism claim they are not part of the umbrella religion of Christianity. Not that it matters; that would only tell me they are just as delusional as YOU are.
Listen, RR- sorry the FACT that Catholics are Christians upsets you so much; maybe you should be more upset about all the in-fighting among the umbrella religion of Christianity.
the vatican continually asserts that catholics are the ONLY 'christians'. therefore, it would only stand to reason that catholics are not 'christian' in the protestant sense of the word.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#596347 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
Wha???? Just whose family members did I insult? Are you referring to RR's wife? I didn't insult her- RR himself has posted here that his wife is stupid. Take it up with RR.
You're such an idiot.

"stupid" is not the same as "a simpering, witless moron".....

Besides, I know my wife - you don't.

You're just bitching & whining.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#596348 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
Listen, RR- sorry the FACT that Catholics are Christians upsets you so much; maybe you should be more upset about all the in-fighting among the umbrella religion of Christianity.
There are so many differences between Catholics & Christians...

Catholics are on their own level of religion.

BTW - What the f_ck does it matter to you, Deist?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#596349 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yes- we say the sky "is" blue. Technically speaking, that is simply not correct.
What is correct is that the sky APPEARS/LOOKS blue, but in this case, what appears to be the case actually is not the case.
Then you may as well say there is no color, because technically speaking color is a physiological phenomena , between the color receptors in your eyes and the brain that processes the information.
We call that chromatics. It's all illusion but for all intents the sky is sometimes blue, as surely as it is sometimes black.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#596351 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I'm all ears, present me with whatever you wish (:
thanks! let's start with Abram, the father of Ishmael and Isaac. between these 2 sons, which was the son that God promised that the whole world would be blessed through His Seed; from Ishmael the son of Hagar or from Isaac the son of Sara?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#596352 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll make it even simpler for u to comprehend Mr.Simpleton
Had the same discussion with this guy:
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, lets simplify this conversation, lets put it in the basic of terms.
Anything that exists MUST be created, correct?
False, only creations must be created.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your God EXIST?
Yes
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
If your God EXITS then by YOUR definition he must have been created.
False, he is not s creation, therefore he cannot be created.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I mean by moving the goal posts to suit you.
You are saying "Everything that exists must have been created....except my personal God.
False, I repeat every creation, must have been created, Thus I repeat my simple example for you; constructs, automobiles etc. all have been made not created by man (us) thus we are to be created since we are makers, bcuz you do not see something made that can creat or make anything, leading to the makers us, have to be created and NOT made, therefore a creator MUST exist due to our existence..If you try to tell me now that we are creators, I simply refute u by saying, ants for instance, did you create them? they are makers however they follow the rule as I explained above, but they cannot create,ultimately we all lie in this category "creations" of a creator.
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>
What about all the other Gods, were they created or not?
Gods? Gods do not exists. there is no plural, there is only 1 God and that 1 is absolute it cannot be multiplied/divided or subjected to any mathematical rule.
Example; what created matter? do you think by any chance that matter (existence) suddenly popped up from non existence?
if so explain how.
That question is already answered. no deity needed.
Do not be so lazy or willfully ignorant and look it up for yourself.
We are not here to teach you what you should already know, if you really have ever questioned the possibility in the first place.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#596353 Jan 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> One can not walk across a bridge that one has imagined except in that imagination. Reality and actuality dictates otherwise.
but you believe that the power of this imagination can surpass what your example of an imagined bridge.

Location hidden

#596354 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
And when we stop and think of all the unspeakable atrocities committed by humans against other humans in the name of one god or another.......sickening.
So many people use a god as their scapegoat to justify their own heinous natures and deeds.
Religious people are the scum of the Earth. Between religious people and atheist, atheist are always more generous and compassionate.

http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy36/Skept...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#596355 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
BTW, I don't have to SEE you to know for a fact that you are a small, petty very little weak man.
Small? But before you've said I'm fat. I guess now you're gonna say smallfat?

Location hidden

#596356 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
But you never make jokes about CHRISTIANS, RR- why is that?
I think we all know why.

There were these two nuns riding their bicycles through the backstreets of Rome when the sister following the other exclaimed "I've never come this way before!".

The nun in front yelled back, "It's the cobblestones!"

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#596357 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Here- SUCK on this, RR.
"What is the Catholic Religion?
For the first thousand years of Christianity there was no "Roman Catholicism" as we know it today, simply because there was no Eastern Orthodoxy or Protestantism to distinguish it. There was only the "one, holy, catholic church" affirmed by the early creeds, which was the body of Christian believers all over the world, united by common traditions, beliefs, church structure and worship (catholic simply means "universal"). Thus, throughout the Middle Ages, if you were a Christian, you belonged to the Catholic Church. Any Christianity other than the Catholic Church was a heresy, not a denomination.
Being Catholic Today
Today, however, Roman Catholicism is not the only accepted Christian church.******Thus to be a Roman Catholic means to be a certain kind of Christian:****** one with unique beliefs, practices and traditions that are distinct from those of other Christians. Nevertheless, the Catholic Church continues to maintain that it alone has carried on the true tradition of the apostolic church and has traditionally regarded dissenting groups as heresies, not alternatives (Martin Luther was swiftly excommunicated). However, the recent Second Vatican Council declared all baptized Christians to be "in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church." {1}
Although it did not begin at a specific point in history like the Protestant denominations, in its long history Roman Catholicism has evolved into a distinctive branch of Christianity with beliefs, practices and organization that differ from both Protestantism and Orthodoxy.
The Makeup of Catholocism
******Roman Catholicism is by far the largest Christian group.****** With more than one billion adherents, Catholics constitute about half of the world's Christians.{2} Catholicism is the majority religion of Italy, Spain, and nearly all Latin American countries.
*****In 2001, about 24 percent of Americans identified themselves as Catholic, making Catholicism the largest Christian denomination in America******(if the Protestant denominations are counted individually). The next largest denomination, Baptist, was claimed by 16 percent of Americans.{3} Yet if Protestants are considered as one group, Catholics remain a minority among America's Christians.
And special note from the above: "Roman Catholicism is by far the largest Christian group."
I guess that means you're a MINORITY, huh, RR? ROFLMAO!!!
Such fuel to feed the fire of your self-inflicted persecution complex- too funny!
http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/den...
Now you be sure to "shoot" the messenger- the website I used- rather than actually listen to the FACTUAL message provided.
bottom line reason why i believe that catholics (in general) are not christian is that they trust in the sacraments/works and the institution for their salvation/justification, while a true Christian trusts in Christ for their salvation/justification.

a good secondary reason not to believe that they're christian is that you're arguing that they are;)

Location hidden

#596358 Jan 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Yes but they don't worship Santa.
They would if you told them to.

Works the same exact way with religions, bonehead.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#596359 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
Thus to be a Roman Catholic means [to have] unique beliefs, practices and traditions that are distinct from those of other Christians.
Pa_POW!

Thanks!

Catholics are part of Christianity but certainly don't consider themselves Christian.

Idiot.

Location hidden

#596360 Jan 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
He doesn't.
Religions prove you wrong.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#596361 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to me how this "good aquifer" can actually produce eternal water, I've studied aquifers, they never are continuously permanently the same, they change during time, while the zamzam aquifer did not.
/QUOTE

it cant

as long as it rains ,the water will drain underground and feed the well,..

if it doesnt rain for many years the well will dry up..capice?

Kuwait, Kuwait

#596362 Jan 30, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that a non-Muslim sees Islam as a poor attempt by someone who was following a certain form of either Christianity or Judaism, but got the idea to change some of those beliefs and create his own set of beliefs, much as Joseph Smith did when he created the scam which is now called Mormonism. Smith was a known scam artist before he came up with his myth of finding gold tablets somewhere in eastern USA (I think in New York state, which is the state which is my near neighbor on our border) allegedly left there by Jews who had traveled to the New World long before any known explorers discovered the New World existed, and which is known to never have occurred.
I don't think any fellow Christians who are not Mormons have any difficulty in accepting that Smith was a fraud, as most would think the same of Muhammad. Muhammad probably seems a bit more mysterious to current people because he was long ago, whereas Smith was in recent history when people who were alive when I was young knew people who were alive when they were young who actually knew Smith.
I've actually read quite about the Mormons, Because I did a research paper which was about polygamy, We support it, I showed that it is a rightful act, which the mormons were quite interting to bring up because they actually support polygamy, YES REDNECK hear that? hahaha I bet he is pissed to hear that. they are a bit different from christianity but I do not remember much. Booooots, your comparison to Joseph Smith with mohammed is irrelevant, for they shared much differnces, that story of him does not fit like the story of Mohammed, I do not see how u could see them as the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 4 min An NFL Fan 477
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min An NFL Fan 120,690
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Anthony MN 567,858
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min New Age Spiritual... 607,144
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 35 min Rick in Kansas 267,394
Scientific proof for God's existence 38 min HipGnosis 535
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 1 hr Deb 254
More from around the web