Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#596398 Jan 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I know I see the sky is blue, I do not have to believe it. Everyone else saw it this way too.
But if we reduce everything to ultimate's, we lose track of all humanity. It can be said I do believe in some things, the sky being blue is one of them. Another is that I have the right to bear arms, even if I have to make them to prove it. Even atheists can believe in some things. As I do believe in my people being exceptional to the rules.
Sigh.....you see the sky "as" blue as does everyone else. That we all see it "as" such does not translate into the sky actually being blue.

Really- this was covered in my 7th grade science class....this is REALLY basic stuff......
ophan

Morehead, KY

#596399 Jan 30, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Well stated.
God either cannot be omniscient and needs to test, or god is a cruel monster. It doesn't get any simpler than that.
that would be true only if the INFINITE INTELLIGENCE were separate from it's creation: which it isn't given it's omnipresent - in all places at all times

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#596400 Jan 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is.
At the near-genius level (an IQ of 145), brilliant men outnumber brilliant women by 8 to one. That's statistics, not sexism.
<quoted text>
Look at it. That should settle the debate.
<quoted text>
Stats are stats & blue is blue....
<quoted text>
If the sky is not blue (on a clear day), what color is it?
Cite your source.

If nothing else, you prove that YOU don't outnumber ANYONE in brilliance.

Yes- I look at the sky and see it AS blue. That doesn't mean it IS blue and it is NOT.

On a clear day, we PERCEIVE the color of the sky AS blue; funny that you didn't argue with your pal Nano when she told you that us seeing the sky as blue is an optical illusion.

You're not here to discuss or debate rationally; you're only here to argue with those you don't like; were that not true, you would have responded to Nano's posts in which she basically said the same thing I am saying.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#596401 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>See? I told you RR would have a temper tantrum because of the source you used....
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Young lady? LOL...Doesn't effect me any but..
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/14/athe ...
RR responded:
Oh shit, the huffington post....
That MUST be truth.....
Puhleeeeease.
Well, c'mon... It's the huffington post......

Hardly a truthful media source.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#596402 Jan 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you only LOOK/APPEAR to be human...
Cool
Now yer start'n ta git it!
We'er not all what ya think we is.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#596403 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Figures that you would agree with another piss-poor sorry excuse for a Christian such as waaaaaasup is....
And uh....I'M not arguing anything- YOU are.
I presented FACTS and you are well known to claim that what is factual is not if what is fact doesn't fit your own agenda or your self-inflicted persecution complex.
So YOU argue it all you want, RR- won't change the FACT that:
CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS. CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS. CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS.
Meltdown......

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#596404 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>This was not the first time I've told you that you are an enemy of the religion you profess to believe in, follow and adhere to.
No, RR- I'm not at ALL f*cked up in the head- what is f*cked up is what a miserable and sorry excuse you are for a Christian, an American, a man and a human being.
And no- you need not tell me ANYTHING about the differences between Catholicism and OTHER sects of Christianity and there are differences in ALL the different sects of Christianity.
If I don't have to tell you then you should know that Catholics are very different than Christians.

They may be a part of Christianity, but they certainly aren't Christians.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#596405 Jan 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is.
At the near-genius level (an IQ of 145), brilliant men outnumber brilliant women by 8 to one. That's statistics, not sexism.
<quoted text>
Look at it. That should settle the debate.
<quoted text>
Stats are stats & blue is blue....
<quoted text>
If the sky is not blue (on a clear day), what color is it?
You IDIOT.

"New research is providing an answer to the age-old, delicate question: who is smarter, men or women? A new study has come down on the feminine side of that argument, finding that women now score higher on IQ tests than men.

The author of the study, James Flynn, a New Zealand-based researcher known as an IQ testing expert, said that over the past century, women have lagged slightly behind men in IQ testing scores, at times by as much as five points. But now, Flynn said women have closed the gap and even inched ahead in this battle of the intelligent sexes.

“Over the last 100 years, everyone in the developing world has been gaining about three IQ points, but women have been gaining faster,” Flynn told ABC News.“This is the result of modernity. In every country where women have an equal chance of modernity, women have caught men [in IQ testing].”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2012/07/16...

"Here’s another study for the “obvious” file: Women are smarter than men. As you reach for this file (which by now should be located in an easy-to-reach spot on your desk) you’ll likely notice several other stories bearing the same headline.

For example, a 2008 Higher Education Policy Institute report said women are not only more likely to get into better schools, they’re also more likely to outperform the men once there.

Then, in 2009, a British researcher named Adrian Furnham released a report which said men and women likely have the same levels of intelligence, but men are more apt to think they are smarter than women. Another story for the “Obvious” file.

In 2010, some researchers created an online version of the popular board game “Trivial Pursuit” to study which sex has the better brain. Five months and more than 15 million questions later, the researchers said women answered more questions correctly than men.

Today’s report says women, on average, score 5 points higher than men in IQ tests. According to James Flynn, an expert on IQ tests, this is the first time in over 100 years women have scored higher than men, and it’s likely due to all that multi-tasking women are so gosh-darned good at."

http://www.redorbit.com/news/science/11126569...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#596406 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Cite your source.
If nothing else, you prove that YOU don't outnumber ANYONE in brilliance.
Yes- I look at the sky and see it AS blue. That doesn't mean it IS blue and it is NOT.
On a clear day, we PERCEIVE the color of the sky AS blue; funny that you didn't argue with your pal Nano when she told you that us seeing the sky as blue is an optical illusion.
You're not here to discuss or debate rationally; you're only here to argue with those you don't like; were that not true, you would have responded to Nano's posts in which she basically said the same thing I am saying.
You see the sky, it is blue. But it it not blue?

WTF?
kneph

Morehead, KY

#596407 Jan 30, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
"the universe and all that is in it is tangible evidence for God"
Or the Invisible Pink Unicorn, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
actually because of transgenics such things are theoretically possible:

http://www.actionbioscience.org/biotech/marga...

http://dsc.discovery.com/technology/tech-10/g...

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#596408 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay- because you don't like that I know that Catholics are Christians- to you, THAT is a good reason to "believe" they are not Christian?
What is WITH you MISERABLE and horrible example of Christians- such as you and RR for example- having SUCH an issue with the well known FACT that CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIAN?
And pal- you are no more a "true" Christian than RR is- you are BOTH enemies of the religion you claim to believe in, follow and adhere to.
It's fools like the two of you who are driving people AWAY from Christianity.
did you miss my 'bottom-line' reason or as a witch, do you just ignore objective reasoning to go right for the throat of CHRISTians???

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#596409 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
you could go study it if u believe....well why not a scholar+scientist believer study it then???
They do not allow for this. It is run by The Zamzam Studies and Research Center (ZSRC). Visitors aren't even allowed by the 'well'

And it HAS gone dry, so you can stop with that "endless" nonsense.

http://www.sgs.org.sa/english/earth/pages/zam...

"According to Arab historians, the Zamzam Well, except for a few periods when it became dry..."

"It taps groundwater from the wadi alluvium and, to a much lesser extent, the underlying fresh bedrock."

"No visitor is allowed to enter the Zamzam Well room and surroundings."

And the only reason why it doesn't go 'dry' is because it is monitored.

"With the increasing number of visitors, demand for Zamzam water was continually increasing. ZSRC's task is to estimate sustainable well yield and recommend measures to control further increase in demand to ensure that sustainable supply limits are not exceeded. "

Mystery solved.

It's not ZamZam - it's ScamScam.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#596410 Jan 30, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Religious people are the scum of the Earth. Between religious people and atheist, atheist are always more generous and compassionate.
http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy36/Skept...
And with much cleaner motives.

We do good stuff because we want to, not because we're afraid of being burned.

Sheesh.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#596411 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Figures that you would agree with another piss-poor sorry excuse for a Christian such as waaaaaasup is....
And uh....I'M not arguing anything- YOU are.
I presented FACTS and you are well known to claim that what is factual is not if what is fact doesn't fit your own agenda or your self-inflicted persecution complex.
So YOU argue it all you want, RR- won't change the FACT that:
CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS. CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS. CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS.
i'll be very concerned the day that you consider me a 'good christian';)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#596412 Jan 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, c'mon... It's the huffington post......
Hardly a truthful media source.
RR, you are known to consistently "shoot" the messenger.

You would do well to focus on the message instead and in addition, you could take info from that message and then google it to see if other sources which are more to your liking agree.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#596413 Jan 30, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
It`s the wording of the question which makes you want to yell TEN CENTS!
Which is why you have to think about it, I saw that in Wired magazine I think.
Yup.

It's meant to demonstrate how people react without thinking things through. As you said (in another post), the wording itself, the seeming simplicity of it, tells a “thinker” it's designed to incite an incorrect response... whereas fools, on the other hand,“rush in”... so to speak.

I remember it from a podcast... think it was “The Skeptic's Guide to the Universe”... not sure.

From that same episode (whichever podcast it was), I remember something else that was interesting, though not in the same way. It was math related, but just a curiosity with no “trickery” involved.

It had to do with taking a pie and cutting it into three equal pieces.

Each piece is 1/3rd of the whole. The decimal representation is .3333333...(infinite repeating threes).

If the three pieces are put back together, it equals one whole pie again... but, if you multiply .333333... by 3, it equals .999999...(infinite repeating nines). It doesn't equal 1.

It was intended to “prove” that .999999... in practice, actually does equal 1.

Nothing “mind blowing” in that, I'll agree... but, it made me think of Buck with his pizza that he insisted, if sliced in to infinite pieces, would “fill the universe”... which is bullsh!t b'cuz if any actual quantity, in that case “1”, is divided by infinity... ya wind up with nothing.

At the least, you'd wind up with a number so arbitrarily close to zero... that, in practice... it would be zero.

In actuality, to fill the universe, Buck would have to divide his pizza by zero... that doesn't work though. He'd have to divide by a number so arbitrarily close to ze..........

I'll shut up now.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#596414 Jan 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"For now, the team has worked with seven years' worth of data from the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe, which measures in minute detail the cosmic microwave background (CMB)- the faint glow left from our Universe's formation."
Money well spent!
I was referring to the multiverse theory.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#596415 Jan 30, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
did you miss my 'bottom-line' reason or as a witch, do you just ignore objective reasoning to go right for the throat of CHRISTians???
STFU, LOSER. Go back to trawling for some side action, you oh-so "happily" married "Christian".

And THAT is what you call "objective reasoning"? Disputing that CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIANS because I happen to know that is fact?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#596416 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend I would not ever dream of, I failed pre-calculus and sadly because of it I could not get my degree in microbiology, even though I got all A's in them. See how stupid logic gets in the way!! it ruined y life, right now I'm majoring in English literature, yet unlike u now I believe this is a good path, made for me by Allah. Somehow it is a better path for me (not guaranteed we say hopefully it is a kheera) meaning that it is for the better.
English Lit?

Seriously?

Shauri ya Ngai.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#596417 Jan 30, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
i'll be very concerned the day that you consider me a 'good christian';)
I'd be very thrilled if the day should come that you actually ARE a "good Christian".

BTW, stuff it with the smiley faces already....just makes you out to be more of a hypocrite than you already are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 44 min scienceanswersall 688,411
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 49 min scienceanswersall 35,939
How did black people get here ( economically) 2 hr LEAVE AMERICA 42
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr RFD 619,808
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 2 hr RFD 12
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 7 hr Doctor REALITY 55
We do NOT need any walls! 8 hr Watch for Finger 29
More from around the web