OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#596136 Jan 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people just can't laugh...
A truly good sense of humor and the ability to tell jokes is not had at the expense of others.

In addition, despite your "jokes" being at the expense of others, what also makes your "jokes" not at all funny is that they are totally devoid of wit and cleverness.

Anyway, here's a joke you might enjoy and which doesn't come at the expense of anyone in not being at all possibly hurtful to anyone or any group in particular:

It was Christmastime and the mailman was going around collecting gifts from people on his route- getting tips, cookies, gift baskets, etc.

He came to one house where the husband was out of town on business.

The woman opened the door dressed in a negligee and she invited the mailman upstairs.

There they had a night of wild passionate sex.

In the morning, the mailman came down and saw that the woman had prepared a sumptuous breakfast for him- omelettes, waffles, etc. along with a cup of coffee under which he saw a single dollar bill.

The mailman ate his breakfast and said to the woman:

Wow- last night was wonderful and then to come down to this wonderful breakfast- this is great, but let me ask you: what's with the dollar bill under my coffee mug?

The woman replied: Well, before my husband went out of town, we were discussing what to give you for Christmas.

My husband said: F*ck him- give him a dollar.

The breakfast was my idea.

Since: May 11

Glasgow, UK

#596137 Jan 30, 2013
siehjin wrote:
<quoted text>
for the purposes of this discussion, i don't need to specify which God i believe exists. the topic of discussion simply says 'prove there's a god'.
i think that the existence of the universe and everything in it proves the existence of God, and so far i have not read anything that disproves that.
noooo there are many many deities, why should I believe in yours.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#596138 Jan 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people just can't laugh...
Here's another for ya:

A burglar creeps into a house at night where it appears no one is at home.

He starts loading his bag with stuff from the house and then hears a voice saying: Jesus can see you.

He pauses for a second because he's sure no one is there and when satisfied that he is alone, he goes back to stuffing his bag with items.

He hears a voice again- this time saying: Jesus knows what you're doing.

Now the guy is a bit freaked out so he turns on the light and there in the living room is a parrot in a cage.

The guy asks the parrot if that was him who talked- the parrot replied: Yes.

The guy then asks the parrot what his name is- the parrot replies: Moses.

The guy says: Moses??!!?? What kind of people would name a parrot Moses??

The parrot replied: The same kind of people who would name a Rottweiler Jesus.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#596139 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
how did I miss that was he replying to me?? anywho prophets are subject to error yes and have free will, yet we say that they could sin, however they would not sin..mere people no they are of higher ranking than humans, yes they are created with the same dust and mud as we, but they are not the same in terms of divinity and other attributes.
thanks just the same, victor, but actually we're just like everyone else except that we exercise the gift of prophecy while others exercise different gifts;)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#596140 Jan 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheet..... The only ones on that list I have a problem with is liberals.
The rest just make for good jokes.
Chill.
No- you do have a problem with women who you have described as dumb, stupid, weak, devious, manipulative, cry-babies,etc.

You're HAPPY with such a miserable view of women?

Yes- you DO have a problem with Muslims- posts of yours just from yesterday are evidence of that.

Yes- you DO have a problem with homosexuals- many of your posts prove just how much of a homophobe you are.

Yes- you DO have a problem with Jews- if for no other reason than that you are wholly ignorant about the Jewish religion and Jewish culture.

RR- you have a problem with anyone and everyone who is not exactly like YOU.

BTW, I'll ask again- what difference does it make what our founding fathers believed and how does what they believed have anything to do with what you believe?
siehjin

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#596141 Jan 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are comparing axioms of logic to an unknown variable.
"my existence, for example, can be taken as proof of the existence of my parents. another example, previously given, is that the existence of a painting is proof of the existence of an artist."
The above can be demonstrated true.
It cannot be conclusively stated there is a existence of god.
And the below cannot be demonstrated.
"the existence of the universe and everything in it is proof for the existence of God"
it seems a valid extrapolation to me. if i am complex enough that i need an explanation for my existence, the universe is infinitely more complex, therefore also needing an explanation for its' existence. i find that the only viable explanation for the existence of the universe is God.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#596142 Jan 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Roll On Floor Laughing?
Aren't you missing a "the" in there?
How long have you been on the net?

I'm sorry.

The interwebs?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#596143 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>A truly good sense of humor and the ability to tell jokes is not had at the expense of others.
In addition, despite your "jokes" being at the expense of others, what also makes your "jokes" not at all funny is that they are totally devoid of wit and cleverness.
Anyway, here's a joke you might enjoy and which doesn't come at the expense of anyone in not being at all possibly hurtful to anyone or any group in particular:
It was Christmastime and the mailman was going around collecting gifts from people on his route- getting tips, cookies, gift baskets, etc.
He came to one house where the husband was out of town on business.
The woman opened the door dressed in a negligee and she invited the mailman upstairs.
There they had a night of wild passionate sex.
In the morning, the mailman came down and saw that the woman had prepared a sumptuous breakfast for him- omelettes, waffles, etc. along with a cup of coffee under which he saw a single dollar bill.
The mailman ate his breakfast and said to the woman:
Wow- last night was wonderful and then to come down to this wonderful breakfast- this is great, but let me ask you: what's with the dollar bill under my coffee mug?
The woman replied: Well, before my husband went out of town, we were discussing what to give you for Christmas.
My husband said: F*ck him- give him a dollar.
The breakfast was my idea.
HA HA HA!!!

That's great!

Dumb woman....

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#596144 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
Care to explain to me how the zamzam water is endless?
It has been tested. It is very similar to sea water. Mystery solved.

Location hidden

#596145 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
And u did not explain..
There is nothing to explain.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#596146 Jan 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because propaganda is propaganda. It's not trustworthy by any means.
<quoted text>
Because I don't cite quotes from biased links, I cite quotes from more reliable sources.
A "freethinker" website is just as unreliable as a religious website.
<quoted text>
Why are you asking again? I already answered.
<quoted text>
Why would you think my religion, my beliefs, are dependent in what the founding fathers believed?
You don't get to determine what is propaganda- I could say the same for the quotes YOU cite.

No- you have used many moronic and biased sources for much of what you post.

Sorry- I didn't see your answer- I don't have the time to come on here and scroll back through hundreds of posts since I was last here.

I realize YOU have the time to do so, but as I have a REAL job with REAL responsibilities, I do not have the time.

Why would I think your beliefs are dependent upon what the founding fathers believed?

Because it's obvious that what they believed matters to you SO very much.

Also, yesterday you talked about Lincoln (NOT a founding father, btw) and that it was "pretty clear" he was a religious man based on the Gettysburg Address. Total BS- there is NOTHING in that speech which indicates what Lincoln's religious beliefs were one way or the other.

And don't post back that he used the word "god" (all of one time at that) for if that's all it takes for you to think it's "pretty clear" that someone is religious......well, that is just hilarious.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#596147 Jan 30, 2013
Scorp wrote:
Again all up to interpretation. However I will never call your religion or anyones else's wrong. I will on the other hand ask in the attemp to understand your belief.
That's the beauty of free will; we all tend to think that our way is the best way whether it is moral or not. Proverbs 16:2 was fairly insightful about that. Heck, some ancients thought it was cool to feed their children to the flames of Baal but you know they knew it was wrong and did it anyway...and screw anybody that tried to argue them out of it. I don't think anybody today misses that cult. Most religions have gems of wisdom embedded among the thorns of doctrine, that's what makes them appealing to many people. Personally, I'm wondering exactly "where" the 72 Islamic virgins are supposed to come from? Are they brought from Earth or made "new" from special matter AND do they grow new hymens, perpetually for eternity so they can always BE virgins, since that seems to be their defining characteristic? xD

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#596148 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
since 2000BC and yes that is eternal, never dried out and as I said contaminated or polluted NOTHING ever whatsoever, care to explain how?
A good aquifer.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#596149 Jan 30, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Here's another for ya:
A burglar creeps into a house at night where it appears no one is at home.
He starts loading his bag with stuff from the house and then hears a voice saying: Jesus can see you.
He pauses for a second because he's sure no one is there and when satisfied that he is alone, he goes back to stuffing his bag with items.
He hears a voice again- this time saying: Jesus knows what you're doing.
Now the guy is a bit freaked out so he turns on the light and there in the living room is a parrot in a cage.
The guy asks the parrot if that was him who talked- the parrot replied: Yes.
The guy then asks the parrot what his name is- the parrot replies: Moses.
The guy says: Moses??!!?? What kind of people would name a parrot Moses??
The parrot replied: The same kind of people who would name a Rottweiler Jesus.
D'oH!

He's screwed. Jesus is gonna tear his shins up.

---

Whats white, sticky and moves across the sky at a thousand miles an hour?

The coming of The Lord.

:)

That ones really good at a church function.
siehjin

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#596150 Jan 30, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
noooo there are many many deities, why should I believe in yours.
presumably IF we eventually agree that God exists (not likely, i know), we can then go on to examine the claims of those different religions and find out if one of them believes in the true God. or perhaps none of them is true; perhaps God exists but He has not revealed Himself to any of those religions (that is not what i personally believe, but it's a possibility).

but let's not jump the gun. why start discussing 'which God?' when we haven't even concluded whether such an entity exists?

so once again, i say that the universe and everything in it proves that God exists. let's discuss it and see if the idea has any merit to it.

Location hidden

#596151 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
Lol study it go there
The government will NOT allow you to study it. There are certain sections where common people are not even allowed to go. It is NO miracle. All you have done is start with a conclusion - and then looked for things to back it up. You are no better than redneck.

“design is God's trademark”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#596152 Jan 30, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
The source was Michael Gove?
The UK Secretary of State for Education says he`s going to fire teachers who don`t "teach about gay marriage"?
Please tell me how one teaches gay marriage and how one teaches straight marriage?
Thats what i want to know.

The first paragraph of the story says
(As Great Britian's government prepares to vote on a bill leagalizing same sex marriage, an offical from the Secretary of state for Education's office reportedly has expressed trepidation toward the bill, arguing that primary school teachers in the country could possibly lose their jobs if they do not teach about gay marriage in the classroom.)

Location hidden

#596153 Jan 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Homo-economics?
It wouldn't surprise me none.

Location hidden

#596154 Jan 30, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
oh well there you are then, you`ve sent me to a site with a "FEMA BANNED THIS VIDEO " link to the family survival course run for `American Patriots` by `American Patriots`...
it`s a site for the mentally disturbed, I would stay away from it if I were you.
so it didn't have that article in it?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#596155 Jan 30, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
D'oH!
He's screwed. Jesus is gonna tear his shins up.
---
Whats white, sticky and moves across the sky at a thousand miles an hour?
The coming of The Lord.
:)
That ones really good at a church function.
LOL!

Okay- one more.......

There are 3 daughters all about the same age- a year or so apart or whatever- who are all getting married.

Their parents can't afford separate weddings for each girl, so they all get married at the same time.

The girls and their new husbands don't have much money either, so they all spend their wedding night at the parent's house.

During the night, the mother walks past her first daughter's bedroom and hears crying.

She then walks past her second daughter's bedroom and hears laughing.

She then walks past her third daughter's bedroom and hears nothing.

The next morning, the girls are up before their new hubbies and come downstairs to have breakfast with their mother.

The mother says to her first daughter: Honey, I walked by your room last night and heard crying.

The daughter replied: Well, mom...you always taught us that if something hurts we should cry.

The mother said: that's true....

She then said to her second daughter: Honey, I walked by your room last night and heard laughing.

The daughter replied: Well, mom...you always taught us that if something feels good we should laugh.

The mother said: that's true....

She then said to her third daughter: Honey, I walked by your room last night and didn't hear a thing.

The daughter replied: Well, mom....you always taught us to never talk with our mouths full.

Ba-dum.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 min waaasssuuup 442,998
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 586,380
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 21 min Freebird USA 176,587
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 24 min mike 611,967
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 40 min Mike duck it 99,364
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 46 min Mike duck it 5,852
Looking for a female partner who is Hiv+ 51 min Emishad 3
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 5 hr Neelakaran 6,452
More from around the web