Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595949 Jan 30, 2013
Yes I can because God is not an effect.

About space time continuum lets leave that subject for later, as u know its hukt's fav sub we don't want him missing it.
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
You god needs special pleadings and cognitive dissonance to stand a chance in an argument, without these he is powerless.
No he does not, I'm the one needing to explain. God does not NEED anything whatsoever. He does not need you to believe in him as well.
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets try a little thought experiment shall we?
Imagine for 1 hour on earth all of the places of worship fell silent and people were physically unable to mention the name of their god or even think about their god. What other indications would there be to show that gods exist?
There would be none, gods depend on people talking about them or they simply cease to be.
Gods depend...the experiment fell the moment u said that word. Plus its like your saying imagine God stopped us from believing in him......r u srsly thinking that would work on me? We now believe because God is and allowed us to do so, if what u say even occurs then it happens so what? God is and always is capable of everything.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#595950 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
False calculation.
One time I walked into a bar and multiplied Pi by zero.

It was a madhouse for a second.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#595951 Jan 30, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....
Redneck told me that #3 was "Thou shalt not take it in the butt"...
He also said that was metaphor for "WOOHOO!".

Location hidden

#595952 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
umm trolling? O:
So we understand each other?

Do you know why dwarfs don't play golf in the rain?

Since: May 11

Glasgow, UK

#595953 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
Yes I can because God is not an effect.
About space time continuum lets leave that subject for later, as u know its hukt's fav sub we don't want him missing it.
<quoted text>
No he does not, I'm the one needing to explain. God does not NEED anything whatsoever. He does not need you to believe in him as well.
<quoted text>
so tell me, what would the outward manifestation of a god be if people stopped talking about him?
Scorp

San Antonio, TX

#595954 Jan 30, 2013
socci wrote:
Bloody caveman falls down..
http://evolutionfacts.com/Handbook%20TOC.htm
Why is the earth not millions of years old? Because its billions of years old. Duh.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595955 Jan 30, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that no evil people live long and happy lives free from sickness?
I did not say that, those do exist, however they are severely punished later, or we do not rly say we do know because God judges not us.
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read the book of job, it`s horrific. Now if god gave satan permission to test job by killing his children and giving him boils and all manner of other attrocities, why did he do this? GOD CANNOT BE OMNISCIENT OR THERE IS NO REASON FOR THE TEST!
Your question has been said several times, I told u before, Yes God knows, but it is to show Satan, US, all the world. Not only God knew what we call "ilm al ghaib" (knowledge of the unknown) but also God gifted some of His prophets, which are also question how do they know like God..no God only gave them a portion some mere knowledge, as he gifted us with our brain eyes ears etc. Plus It is important to show free will, if God did not do this test, then people would say that God is unfair and has not given his prophets free will, Ever heard of the prophet Yunis who got swallowed by a whale?

btw what was Job's response, clearly his response answers the rest of your lines.

Glasgow, UK

#595956 Jan 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried that with the biblical value of pi...nothing happened.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595957 Jan 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, nothing is proven with belief as a precursor. Anything that is based on belief as a precursor is not scientific, it's bias, and should be dismissed because of that bias. Only an insane person buys snake oil before it's "properties" are demonstrated.
Yes you are right, BUT religion and faith is an exception to the scientific and morals that humans invented. NOT GOD.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595958 Jan 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Cop-out, a lame excuse. He won't understand because he's remaining objective and unbiased, you are so bias that you cannot accept that because your delusion would be shattered if you did, and you'd have to face the fact that you have wasted what little time you have for life on something that you do not even know is real. If you are wrong, you wasted everything, literally everything, on the pursuit of something which doesn't even make you feel good. You are like a junky, only they at least have a high to enjoy, you have nothing.
Just answered this in the previous reply to you.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#595959 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
Care to explain to me how the zamzam water is endless?
It tell the origin of the water in the Wikipedia article you referenced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zamzam_Well#Tech...

Not a miracle, it just happens to have a dependable aquifer that it draws from.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595960 Jan 30, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
just because you say it is a false calculation does not make it so.
Agreed, but you also said it is...therefore just because u did I stand on the other side opposing your position equally.
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
god cannot have a plan for EVERYTHING, he cannot know all things which have ever been, all things which are now, and all things which ever shall be and at the same time we have free will.
Why not?
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
as mere humans how do we have the power to deviate from the plan of an omniscient and omnipresent god? If so god is not omniscient, therefore he is not god.
we are mere yes, that is why he is our superior creator, and so he is all knowing, if so he IS god..why won't he be?

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595961 Jan 30, 2013
@mrcharrington and yes all omni's...

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595962 Jan 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you have evidence to support your notions, it's just an excuse and nothing more.
Evidence is also a condition to your terms, God does not need to fulfill anything to be believed. It is you who must believe without standing on any higher grounds, for he is the highest.
siehjin

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

#595963 Jan 30, 2013
Scorp wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is I can talk to and see the chef, architect and artist. There is solid proof they created those things. If the building just showed up one day I would be like wow I'm a believer of a miracle. If a pizza just showed up on my dinner table I would be like awesome a delicious pizza. Now that must of been created by god. Then I would sit down and pray thinking him for the meal I was about to consume. Next time you sit down and pray thinking someone for the meal, try thinking that chef. After all he is the one that created it.
if there is a God who created the universe, as i have suggested, he would be transcendent. as such, there is no surprise that you cannot talk to Him or see Him, unless He reveals Himself to you.

here is an analogy that helps us to understand this. imagine a two-dimensional world called Flatland. is there any way that mr. and mrs. flat, two-dimensional creatures in Flatland, can know anything about us three-dimensional human beings? no, it is impossible for them to sense us at all, because we are outside of their entire world. the only way for them to know we exist is if we were to reveal ourselves to them - e.g. if i were to insert my finger into their world, and so they would be able to see a two-dimensional cross-section of my finger.

in conclusion, your inability to sense God with your physical senses in no way proves that He does not exist. as such, my point stands: the existence of the universe proves the existence of God.

another point is, there are many people who claim to have experiences of God's presence, who do hear His voice and talk to Him. so although you may not have personal experience of God, if any of those people's experiences are veridical, that is also evidence for the existence of God. can you prove that every human being who has experienced God is lying or hallucinating?

Glasgow, UK

#595964 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not say that, those do exist, however they are severely punished later, or we do not rly say we do know because God judges not us.
<quoted text>
Your question has been said several times, I told u before, Yes God knows, but it is to show Satan, US, all the world. Not only God knew what we call "ilm al ghaib" (knowledge of the unknown) but also God gifted some of His prophets, which are also question how do they know like God..no God only gave them a portion some mere knowledge, as he gifted us with our brain eyes ears etc. Plus It is important to show free will, if God did not do this test, then people would say that God is unfair and has not given his prophets free will, Ever heard of the prophet Yunis who got swallowed by a whale?
btw what was Job's response, clearly his response answers the rest of your lines.
that made absolutely no sense and didnt even address the post to which it was made in reply.

You`re probably doing some self-affirmation exercise right now, praying hard, rocking a little?

When the religious are faced with a logical dilemma they always `run home to momma` and attempt to reply with some metaphysical, whimsical bs which is heavy on the fluff. Their argument simply boils down to, "you cannot possibly know because you are not in my club and don`t have the secret decoder ring.

You are no exception.

Location hidden

#595965 Jan 30, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried that with the biblical value of pi...nothing happened.
Jill had 6 dresses. She wore 5 of them 6 times and one of them once.

What happened to Jill's panties?

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595966 Jan 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing I suck at maths.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#595967 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
Here is another miracle for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rtInWYdSEp8XX
Now you have nothing against this since it is LOGIC and MATH......unless you start giving up on them too.
"Fibonacci Flim-Flam" http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/pseudo/fibonacc...

Glasgow, UK

#595968 Jan 30, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, but you also said it is...therefore just because u did I stand on the other side opposing your position equally.
<quoted text>
Why not?
<quoted text>
we are mere yes, that is why he is our superior creator, and so he is all knowing, if so he IS god..why won't he be?
What you are basically saying is that it is possible to make 2 + 2 = 5, in order for your god to exist. Where is the honesty in that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min onemale 267,385
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Aquarius-WY 567,769
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min lil whispers 607,133
Thatís really perfect! 17 min solist 1
Will God show sympathy towards homosexuals on J... 35 min maidangela7349 2
brand new dumps vendor t1 t2 world wide base 85... (Jul '12) 52 min goodbusiness 13
Scientific proof for God's existence 56 min Ooogah Boogah 529
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 4 hr Rashes 177
More from around the web