Prove there's a god.

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Comments (Page 28,282)

Showing posts 565,621 - 565,640 of716,647
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595595
Jan 29, 2013
 
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That's a good question.
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-... ;
You might try asking that of a professor in one of the Revisionist History classes that are being taught in our U.S. colleges now.
There's nothing like paying to learn about made-up crap, i.e., opinions.
Interesting.

Berry, berry interesting.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595596
Jan 29, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, not me.
I just turn on Grand Theft Auto 4 & toss a grenade at "my" feet.
I've walked off more than a few virtual cliffs on purpose. It wasn't much of a thrill.

Playing chicken, though, is the absolute best adrenalin rush ever.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595597
Jan 29, 2013
 
OCB wrote:
Up yours, pal.

BLAH....BLAH....BLAH....

STUFF it, loser.
I prefer Astro-Glide.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595598
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
We experience time at a variable rate in our minds.
Did you see Inception? There were people that lived for a very long time inside their dreams, but were only asleep a few hours.
You'll find Mr. Right, or else you end up with Mr. Left.
I seen about 30 mins of it and then i fell asleep, i was too tired, that film requires a virtue called patience, i ain't got much, but i'm gonna try and watch it on the weekend. But before that i wanna watch race 2, it's an indian film, have u ever watched an indian film?

I don't want a Mr left!!!! It's either Mr right or nothing! Nothing, i tell u!

That reminds me of Mr men.
MrC

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595599
Jan 29, 2013
 
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't believe in free will?
if a god is omniscient, and omnipresent then there can be no free will.

Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595600
Jan 29, 2013
 
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone seems to be wondering why Muslim Terrorists are so quick to commit suicide.
LETS HAVE A LOOK AT THE EVIDENCE:
- NO TELEVISION
- NO NUDE WOMEN
- NO FOOTBALL
- NO PORK CHOPS
- NO HOT DOGS
- NO BURGERS
- NO BEER
- NO BACON
- RAGS FOR CLOTHES
- TOWELS FOR HATS
- CONSTANT WAILING FROM SOME IDIOT IN A TOWER
- MORE THAN ONE WIFE
- MORE THAN ONE MOTHER IN LAW
- YOU CAN'T SHAVE
- YOUR WIFE CAN'T SHAVE
- YOU CAN'T WASH OFF THE SMELL OF DONKEY
- YOU COOK OVER BURNING CAMEL SHIT
- YOUR WIFE IS PICKED BY SOMEONE ELSE FOR YOU
- AND YOUR WIFE SMELLS WORSE THAN YOUR DONKEY
- THEN THEY TELL YOU THAT "WHEN YOU DIE, IT ALL GETS BETTER"??
WELL NO SHIT SHERLOCK!.... IT'S NOT LIKE IT COULD GET MUCH WORSE
THE MUSLIMS ARE NOT HAPPY!
They're not happy in Gaza .. They're not happy in Egypt ..
They're not happy in Libya .. They're not happy in Morocco ..
They're not happy in Iran .. They're not happy in Iraq ..
They're not happy in Yemen .. They're not happy in Afghanistan ..
They're not happy in Pakistan .. They're not happy in Syria .. They're not happy in Lebanon ..
SO, WHERE ARE THEY HAPPY?
They're happy in Australia .. They're happy in Canada .
They're happy in England .. They're happy in France ..
They're happy in Italy .. They're happy in Germany ..
They're happy in Sweden .. They're happy in the USA ..
They're happy in Norway .. They're happy in Holland .. They're happy in Denmark .
Basically, they're happy in every country that is not Muslim and unhappy in every country that is.
AND WHO DO THEY BLAME?
Not Islam... Not their leadership... Not themselves.
THEY BLAME THE COUNTRIES THEY ARE HAPPY IN!
AND THEN; They want to change those countries to be like....
THE COUNTRY THEY CAME FROM WHERE THEY WERE UNHAPPY!
How dumb can you possibly be?
So many false acquisitions- Where have u inquired this if I may ask?

- NO TELEVISION = False
- NO NUDE WOMEN = True
- NO FOOTBALL = False
- NO PORK CHOPS = True
- NO HOT DOGS = False
- NO BURGERS = False
- NO BEER = True
- NO BACON = What bacon (lard or any pig product? if so the yes its true)
- RAGS FOR CLOTHES = Explain this more please
- TOWELS FOR HATS = False
- CONSTANT WAILING FROM SOME IDIOT IN A TOWER = Not wailing, calling and False no idiot is allowed on the tower
- MORE THAN ONE WIFE = True
- MORE THAN ONE MOTHER IN LAW = True
- YOU CAN'T SHAVE = False
- YOUR WIFE CAN'T SHAVE = False
- YOU CAN'T WASH OFF THE SMELL OF DONKEY = False
- YOU COOK OVER BURNING CAMEL SHIT = Absolutely false and forbidden
- YOUR WIFE IS PICKED BY SOMEONE ELSE FOR YOU = False you pick your wife, but someone else could find and offer you.
- AND YOUR WIFE SMELLS WORSE THAN YOUR DONKEY = False, in fact we are considered the cleanest of people since we don't clean our shit with toilet paper, we WASH and we always wash before eat, praying plus its highly encouraged be clean and shave at all times, while it is highly discouraged to even eat onions lets say and go to the mosque.
- THEN THEY TELL YOU THAT "WHEN YOU DIE, IT ALL GETS BETTER"??
WELL NO SHIT SHERLOCK!.... IT'S NOT LIKE IT COULD GET MUCH WORSE
THE MUSLIMS ARE NOT HAPPY! When you die a faithful one? ofcourse its better, if not ofcourse its worse...there is no switzerland here my friend its either you are faithful or not.

Oh and btw did you know the money, girls and all other shit never brought happiness, but actually misery? its only a shirt term of happiness but long term misery. As for that the happiest people are the farmers and well...the ones who live a simple life. This has been so popular that in the matrix blue or red pill...u know what I mean. And no I'm not implying that its best to live stupid and naive, because our religion dislikes those who just pray and are not knowledgeable. But, the only difference is we have something called useful and useless knowledge such as parapsychology and black magic, unless you truely believe that it will lead to a new discovery and not a waste of time.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595601
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>A creator cannot be created simple look at it this way, cars/constructs these are all made, the makers of those are NOT made they are created thus the creator of those creations cannot be either made nor created.
Have you ever met a creator of anything... be it an artist, a builder, a composer... that didn't have to be created?

Cars have been observed being built...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Do you have a video of our universe being constructed?
Yes I still stick with the cause and effect, but God cannot be subjected as an effect, since he is not an effect there is no cause for God.
The strategy you're attempting to employ here is called “Special Pleading”.

Look it up.
You simply proved my point for the your last example, TIME is something man brought up, which is simply an indicator of events that occur during a period, in which they labeled and gave it an identity. Space...same man brought it up as a measure between distances and dimensions. However, all that existed not by us we simply identify, but do not create, thus it had been created if u say made then how is the creator of those makers?
Okay...

I realize that English is a second language for you... and you're doing pretty good with it... but, I'm not sure what the crux of your question is here.

Time is one of my favorite subjects. We my get deeper into it as our exchange progresses.

For now...

Even though, based on observation, science has put an "age" (as well as a size; the two go hand-in-hand) to our universe... you first need to understand that the figures arrived at only apply to our *observable* universe.

Also...

Those figures don't specifically identify a "point-of-origin". BBT (Big Bang Theory) does not deal with origin. It's only a description (a few different flavors) of how our universe developed in the intervening time from a moment very early on and all the way up to the present.

There's a word... asymptote (asymptotic, asymptotically)... the meaning of which must be taken into consideration when attempting to nail down an exact point-of-origin for our universe. Loosely stated, "asymptotic" means >>> moving toward a value but never arriving at that value. General Relativity tells us that time in the early universe would become more and more dilated as we work our way back toward origin. To put it simply... one can't get there from here because any given duration becomes expanded toward infinity as origin is approached.

It works both ways >>> dilation is in effect whether we're examining that "time" in reverse or in forward. General Relativity prevents us from having to deal with the universe's origin in the first place.

However, that doesn't mean can't discuss the concept... and even go beyond it.
"the concept of a beginning for the universe is MEANINGLESS." I'm afraid u said something that all atheists disagree with you on that point, since atheists say that our very purpose for living and that we are all here is simply for learning, which in this case is meaningful.
I didn't say any of that... and, as previously stated, I don't speak for all atheists.
I do not have to prove that since "common sense" tells us that. Its just not comprehendable, How can it "always existed" that cannot be digested it just cannot think about it, it even hurts your head if you do.
My head feels fine.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595602
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I will ask you again because I haven't forgotten that you didn't answer earlier:
Let's say the founding fathers were all Jews. Would you have converted to Judaism?
What DIFFERENCE does it make what the founding fathers did or did not believe and why should that have ANY influence or make ANY difference regarding what YOU believe?
No, it would've made no difference to me whatsoever. Jews are weird.
Anyway, here, STUPID- now go argue with wiki.
"The religious views of Thomas Jefferson diverged widely from the orthodox Christianity of his day.
Throughout his life Jefferson was intensely interested in theology, religious studies, and morality.[1]
Jefferson was most closely connected with Unitarianism and the religious philosophy of Christian deism.[2]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson...
Argue with Wiki? WTF?

Why, they say the same thing I do...

Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595603
Jan 29, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I would not eat my ass.
Well same here, why then do you think I care about those foolish kidnappers, who convert christians to "their false islam"?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595604
Jan 29, 2013
 
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget that she told the cat that God was forcing her hand; that it was his fault she was paying a vet to give it the needle.
xD
I think we should give Mylan some intermission time to go back to sucking on that tailpipe that he loves so much.
Right, right, right. How could I forget?

It was the evil god that created a mortal heart that did in the cat.....

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595605
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

MrC wrote:
<quoted text>
if a god is omniscient, and omnipresent then there can be no free will.
How so????

nano hit it on the head when she said:

"Having knowledge of events does not mean the owner of that knowledge has interfered with the events that happened. If a being has lived for eternity and traveled through time, at will, it could know every event that has ever happened...without having "caused" another being's choices"

just that statement alone can explain that perceived catch 22.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595606
Jan 29, 2013
 
MrC wrote:
<quoted text>
if a god is omniscient, and omnipresent then there can be no free will.
So if you've memorized the words of a song you can no longer play the song?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595607
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

This is what Redneck saw:
Victor Belmont wrote:
- NO NUDE WOMEN = True

- NO BEER = True

- MORE THAN ONE MOTHER IN LAW = True
Why the f_ck would anyone want to be Muslim?

(I mean except of course the women that are kidnapped and frced into it - I don't think they "want" to be Muslim...)

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595608
Jan 29, 2013
 
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
that MATH you call now was thought to be dark magic back then, which you now think our religion is a falsehood or Delusion, we are still at the same place you the non-believer we believer back then you the non-believer of science and logic we the believers of it. Also, you replied only in regards to Newton, whatabout the rest? not all of them used math.
I dunno... What about the rest?

Why are you trying to use math?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595609
Jan 29, 2013
 
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Well same here, why then do you think I care about those foolish kidnappers, who convert christians to "their false islam"?
I'd think that as a Mulsim, you'd care about kidnapped girls forced into Islam & forced to marry a Muslim man....

But I thought wrong.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595610
Jan 29, 2013
 
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
So many false acquisitions- Where have u inquired this if I may ask?
- NO TELEVISION = False
- NO NUDE WOMEN = True
- NO FOOTBALL = False
- NO PORK CHOPS = True
- NO HOT DOGS = False
- NO BURGERS = False
- NO BEER = True
- NO BACON = What bacon (lard or any pig product? if so the yes its true)
- RAGS FOR CLOTHES = Explain this more please
- TOWELS FOR HATS = False
- CONSTANT WAILING FROM SOME IDIOT IN A TOWER = Not wailing, calling and False no idiot is allowed on the tower
- MORE THAN ONE WIFE = True
- MORE THAN ONE MOTHER IN LAW = True
- YOU CAN'T SHAVE = False
- YOUR WIFE CAN'T SHAVE = False
- YOU CAN'T WASH OFF THE SMELL OF DONKEY = False
- YOU COOK OVER BURNING CAMEL SHIT = Absolutely false and forbidden
- YOUR WIFE IS PICKED BY SOMEONE ELSE FOR YOU = False you pick your wife, but someone else could find and offer you.
- AND YOUR WIFE SMELLS WORSE THAN YOUR DONKEY = False, in fact we are considered the cleanest of people since we don't clean our shit with toilet paper, we WASH and we always wash before eat, praying plus its highly encouraged be clean and shave at all times, while it is highly discouraged to even eat onions lets say and go to the mosque.
- THEN THEY TELL YOU THAT "WHEN YOU DIE, IT ALL GETS BETTER"??
WELL NO SHIT SHERLOCK!.... IT'S NOT LIKE IT COULD GET MUCH WORSE
THE MUSLIMS ARE NOT HAPPY! When you die a faithful one? ofcourse its better, if not ofcourse its worse...there is no switzerland here my friend its either you are faithful or not.
Oh and btw did you know the money, girls and all other shit never brought happiness, but actually misery? its only a shirt term of happiness but long term misery. As for that the happiest people are the farmers and well...the ones who live a simple life. This has been so popular that in the matrix blue or red pill...u know what I mean. And no I'm not implying that its best to live stupid and naive, because our religion dislikes those who just pray and are not knowledgeable. But, the only difference is we have something called useful and useless knowledge such as parapsychology and black magic, unless you truely believe that it will lead to a new discovery and not a waste of time.
Then just stay in your shit hole muslim nations then.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595611
Jan 29, 2013
 
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Up yours, pal.
Thanks for once again showing your true colors which includes your overwhelming ignorance and dishonesty to the point of not being able to admit you DID say what I claimed you did about minorities as well as not being able to provide anything of any sort of substance at all which would indicate that it's "pretty clear" Lincoln was a religious man which you said he was based on the Gettysburg Address.
Next- Mylan is not my "buddy"- Mylan is another poster here who seems to be a very nice and very intelligent person who can no more stomach your BS and lies than most people here can.
That being said, there is no special alliance between Mylan and me, so as I suggested to you last week and will suggest again: Put that self-inflicted persecution complex of yours back in your back pocket.
And honey- the day the sorry ass likes of YOU put ME in MY place- HA!
The second coming of your Christ would have to happen before YOU putting ME in MY place ever would or ever could.
STUFF it, loser.
So how will you and your alarm system fare in this situation? Two more fine African American youths doing what they do best...

http://www.wral.com/two-detained-after-raleig...

Since: May 11

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595612
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
How so????
nano hit it on the head when she said:
"Having knowledge of events does not mean the owner of that knowledge has interfered with the events that happened. If a being has lived for eternity and traveled through time, at will, it could know every event that has ever happened...without having "caused" another being's choices"
just that statement alone can explain that perceived catch 22.
I`m going to rehearse this once and only once.

To be polite I`m going to begin with the priori "god exists".

This god who exists is omniscient, and omnipresent and omnibenevolent.

A perfectly good and benevolent being would by nature want to prevent all evils, loving all of his creations equally.

The omniscient being knows every way that evil can occur, from the birth of a dictator to the flash flood on a remote mountain which kills the fawn and the doe and all the other little critters.

A god who knows the origin of every evil and who can stop said evil and who wants to do so WOULD do so.

If an omnipresent, omniscient and omnibenevolent being exists then evil would not exist.

A man who makes an evil choice is condemned to hell, god knows the results of that mans life before it is lived, he is after all omniscient.

So either god allows evil people or people destined for hell to be born to simply stoke the flames of hell, because he already knows the outcome or evil does not exist.

Evil exists therefore god does not.

It is simple logic and I think if you refer to the premises I made first they are all borne out by scripture. You can`t have it both ways.

Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595613
Jan 29, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Loy's daughters got him drunk, he didn't know they wanted children from him. But that was back when "keeping the family line" like that was customary. Lot wasn't the only father to impregnate his daughters.
<quoted text>
I did not permit that. But stories like that are one if the reasons God handed down the 10 Commandments.
<quoted text>
Ugh, another flat earth thing? LMAO.
Who, in that time period, thought the earth was a sphere? Look up at the full moon, do you see a disc or a sphere? Look at a photo of Earth taken from space, do you see a disc or a sphere?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Loy's daughters got him drunk, he didn't know they wanted children from him. But that was back when "keeping the family line" like that was customary. Lot wasn't the only father to impregnate his daughters.
-
Nice excuse, which is a true shame for prophet to whose daughters commit such acts. Our prophets would never have such a humiliation by the poor excuse of relatives, do you know why? Because they do not have exceptions, an enemy to Allah is an enemy to him.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I did not permit that. But stories like that are one if the reasons God handed down the 10 Commandments.
-
So do you follow a prophet who is susceptible to sin? How you call them prophets I don't understand.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Ugh, another flat earth thing? LMAO.
Who, in that time period, thought the earth was a sphere? Look up at the full moon, do you see a disc or a sphere? Look at a photo of Earth taken from space, do you see a disc or a sphere?
-
Well then explain to me why the quran mentions the earth was spherical? Same with that of the Earth rotating around the sun, instead of the Sun rotating around the Earth. Wouldn't that also be considered a miracle then, back at their time? Plus you admit it yourself that it mentions a flat one, SO your bible is not perfect as our quran.

Since: May 11

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#595614
Jan 29, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you've memorized the words of a song you can no longer play the song?
Does the song equate to the birth of a child who will grow up to be Ted Bundy?

If so you should probably stop before that particular verse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 565,621 - 565,640 of716,647
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

404 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Truths 598,763
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min RoSesz 530,112
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 38 min Mudaliar 4,086
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 38 min susanblange 36,409
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 44 min andet1987 157
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 1 hr andet1987 1,478
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr remnant 144000 38,406
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 255,719
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr number four 223,213
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,454
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 17 hr Gabric 62
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••