“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#595554 Jan 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Oops, just came across this...
LMAO!

Great minds think alike.....

:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#595555 Jan 29, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I've often said that a believed Hitler to be nothing but a Narcisstic, charasmatic Rat Bastard Politician. Using whatever means were at his disposal to achieve his underhanded goals of
douchebaggery and human suffering to gain and maintain power.
He was smart enough to use his church upringing to know how to misleadingly motivate people.
I just read in People magazine that Pat Benatar just turned 60.

Feel old?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#595556 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Decency?!?
YOU wanna be decent now?
I have NEVER put words in your mouth.

You, however, have put words in mine.

Period.

[QUOTEWhy would you blame God for the death of your pet?(cat?)[/QUOTE]
I didn't "design" his defective heart, did you? Like Harry Truman once said, the buck has to stop somewhere, and that would be god.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

What kind of "god" creates cancer, and then unleashes it on humans?

What kind of "god" turns a blind eye to sick and dying children suffering through no fault of their own?

Your god creates a fatal condition called Exencephaly, where a babies brain painfully grows abnormally outside of the skull. What kind of "god" would create such a thing? What kind of "god" would allow an innocent baby to needlessly suffer like that?

What kind of "god" condones at least 6000 children to be burned alive in Auschwitz?

What kind of "god" creates Alzheimer's disease, and then allow those that have faithfully followed 'gods" various religions to literally waste away day by day and lose all memories which made up their very life? My mother died from Alzheimer's disease and she literally BEGGED me often to allow her to commit suicide, so that she could stop being tortured. What kind of a monster sends a disease like this to millions of loving human beings? Is that a god worthy of our respect?

Now you might try and WEASEL out of this by saying that "god" didn't create these things (even though it's clear god did). Regardless, the point is that your "god" allows all of it to continue and turns a "blind eye" to all of it (and much, much more suffering throughout the world}. That kind of a "god" is a monster, no matter how you look at it.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#595557 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Are ya still gonaa argue your propaganda that Jefferson wasn't Christian?
Two things;

1. He wasn't christian.

2. It's wasn't propaganda.

Show everyone right now where he point blank states that he is christian. Aww, can't do it can you? Well that says a lot....LOL...

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#595558 Jan 29, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
if the god knows your choice before, may you choose a path unknown to the god?
no
then there is no free will
Having knowledge of events does not mean the owner of that knowledge has interfered with the events that happened. If a being has lived for eternity and traveled through time, at will, it could know every event that has ever happened...without having "caused" another being's choices.
MrC

Glasgow, UK

#595559 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Or how about page 284; where you can't be in office if your NOT Christian...
" By our own act of assembly of 1705, c. 30, if a person brought up in the Christian religion denies the being of a God, or the Trinity, or asserts there are more Gods than one, or denies the Christian religion to be true, or the scriptures to be of divine authority, he is punishable on the first offence by incapacity to hold any office or employment ecclesiastical, civil, or military; on the second by disability to sue, to take any gift or legacy, to be guardian, executor, or administrator, and by three years imprisonment, without bail."
you didn`t read it all mr cherrypicking quote-miner

continued from above, "This is a summary view of that religious slavery, under which a people have been willing to remain, who have lavished their lives and fortunes for the establishment of their civil freedom."

actually says the opposite doesn`t it? You virtuous christian you.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#595560 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not suicide.
More like a self inflicted labotamy.
lol

Well,...I have been tempted to jab an ice pick in my brain on more than one occasion.

xD

ahem.... not intending death.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#595561 Jan 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Be that ill begotten 'quater devil line what they towed 'cross the seas ta confound an scuttle the plans o' Poseidon's favored clan o' sea dogs agin hand! Jist check wit ole' River an 'er sextant 'll set ya on the proper line bear'n the course ta the rum runner's ports!'Member ta be read'n the needle on yer pointer from the feather side when we'er on the nuther side o' the dang mark too! Lest we wind up in curls o' the Arctic dragon! A more befitt'n band o' hand's ain't ta be found in the whole o' the seven seas than the likes o' the lot what's right aboard this fair Maiden!...an that's go'n in the Cap'ns log directly, ta be record!
Aye aye, Cap'n. Calm's me bones to know ya got more'n a cheeky bird on ya shoulders!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#595563 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogmatic: Adjective
Inclined to lay down principles as incontrovertibly true.
That definition fits religion quite nicely. Don't you think so?
Science dies that a lot, then realizes its errors & creates a new dogma.
Scientists go through great pains looking for errors in the sciences they practice. That's the goal... strive for a more complete and true understanding of reality. Scientists love finding mistakes in science. It's part of their job descriptions.

Contrast that with religion. Religion rarely, if ever, does that. When it does it's usually, if not always, after this or that scientific finding has been scrutinized for years and even centuries. The masses come to accept the truth of said findings. Religious leaders then realize they can no longer disseminate fallacious information to an educated public and maintain power over it. It kicks and screams about it the whole way... but, eventually, it's forced to change.

So... religion, Sir, yours especially, is anything but self-correcting. It relies, however reluctantly, on science to do that for it.
Science once taught that the Milky Way was the galaxy. Then realized it was wrong & started teaching new "knowledge".
The Milky Way is a galaxy. Science still teaches that it's a galaxy. Didn't you know that?
Science once taught that the best way to beat a cold is a good bleeding......
And science found better methods. Religion did nothing.
Science once taught that the universe is infinite, then finite, then back to infinite.
Etc etc etc
You started out accusing science of being dogmatic. You even provided your preferred definition of dogmatic.

You close your post by directly contradicting that definition.

Do you think no one capable of noticing that?

Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595564 Jan 29, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Math has nothing to do with it... not in the sense you're grabb'n for.
Can you prove to me that our universe was "created"? Can you prove that it hasn't always existed? Perhaps, and even certainly, not in the form it exists in now... but that it hasn't always existed none-the-less?
You see?... I don't know.
Ans I don't believe you do either.
To give you an idea of where I'm coming from...
A creator cannot be created simple look at it this way, cars/constructs these are all made, the makers of those are NOT made they are created thus the creator of those creations cannot be either made nor created.

Yes I still stick with the cause and effect, but God cannot be subjected as an effect, since he is not an effect there is no cause for God.

You simply proved my point for the your last example, TIME is something man brought up, which is simply an indicator of events that occur during a period, in which they labeled and gave it an identity. Space...same man brought it up as a measure between distances and dimensions. However, all that existed not by us we simply identify, but do not create, thus it had been created if u say made then how is the creator of those makers?

"the concept of a beginning for the universe is MEANINGLESS." I'm afraid u said something that all atheists disagree with you on that point, since atheists say that our very purpose for living and that we are all here is simply for learning, which in this case is meaningful.
<quoted text>
Can you prove that it hasn't always existed?
<quoted text>

I do not have to prove that since "common sense" tells us that. Its just not comprehendable, How can it "always existed" that cannot be digested it just cannot think about it, it even hurts your head if you do.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#595565 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has not & does not refute my religion.
LOL!

S'okay RR... we know where you're coming from.

You're in denial and can't find your way out.

Typical dude... won't stop and ask for directions.
MrC

Glasgow, UK

#595566 Jan 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Having knowledge of events does not mean the owner of that knowledge has interfered with the events that happened. If a being has lived for eternity and traveled through time, at will, it could know every event that has ever happened...without having "caused" another being's choices.
It`s called `depraved indifference` humans tend to see that as quite amoral.

It`s like taking a picture on your camera phone as the guy tries to get back on the subway platform instead of offering him your hand.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595567 Jan 29, 2013
@Hukt plz omit this: "the concept of a beginning for the universe is MEANINGLESS." I'm afraid u said something that all atheists disagree with you on that point, since atheists say that our very purpose for living and that we are all here is simply for learning, which in this case is meaningful.

I just pasted what I replied to someone at another thread who shares the same view as u do.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#595568 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does. Unless you ignored the part where I said most people aren't scientists & can't understand the complex math behind it.
Those people don't understand the science, they just blindly follow what they've heard to be true.
I ignored nothing. "Other people" are irrelevant to what was being discussed.

You ignore much and have little business pointing out the ignorance of others.

You demonstrate ignorance repeatedly. You didn't respond to post #595169 because you couldn't do so without correcting yourself. You're ignorant of your ignorance. You're a practicing dogmatist.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#595569 Jan 29, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER put words in your mouth.
You, however, have put words in mine.
Period.
<quoted text>
I didn't "design" his defective heart, did you? Like Harry Truman once said, the buck has to stop somewhere, and that would be god.
Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
What kind of "god" creates cancer, and then unleashes it on humans?
What kind of "god" turns a blind eye to sick and dying children suffering through no fault of their own?
Your god creates a fatal condition called Exencephaly, where a babies brain painfully grows abnormally outside of the skull. What kind of "god" would create such a thing? What kind of "god" would allow an innocent baby to needlessly suffer like that?
What kind of "god" condones at least 6000 children to be burned alive in Auschwitz?
What kind of "god" creates Alzheimer's disease, and then allow those that have faithfully followed 'gods" various religions to literally waste away day by day and lose all memories which made up their very life? My mother died from Alzheimer's disease and she literally BEGGED me often to allow her to commit suicide, so that she could stop being tortured. What kind of a monster sends a disease like this to millions of loving human beings? Is that a god worthy of our respect?
Now you might try and WEASEL out of this by saying that "god" didn't create these things (even though it's clear god did). Regardless, the point is that your "god" allows all of it to continue and turns a "blind eye" to all of it (and much, much more suffering throughout the world}. That kind of a "god" is a monster, no matter how you look at it.
All I'm getting out of you is that you admit that God created your cat and your cats heart.

What I don't understand is why you blame God for your cat dying, but you don't thank God for the time that you had with your cat, all the pleasure you had, all the love you shared.

Do you think God should have made immortal beings out of all of us?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#595570 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what your qualifications are, why would I assume you're one of the "others"?
Here, you flip sides with who "others" represents.

Before, you were speaking of the ignorant masses that just accept any ol' thing they're told without understanding it and without a second thought about it.

Now you're using it in reference to people that do know what they're talking about.

You just automatically assume I belong to the former group. You made that clear.
I'm sure there's something you can teach me, just as I'm sure there's something I can teach you.
I don't believe you really feel that way. If you did, we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595571 Jan 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense has never produce quality results, it is a throw back reflex to help us survive by making us imagine monsters in the shadows. It's archaic and does nothing to provide any facts.
An atheist friend of yours disagrees with you -

Of course common sense is one of my highest values, it should be your also. Common sense tells me that TIME is a constant, there can never be a situate where TIME is non-existent. Part of the big bang theory states that there was no time or space before the singularity. Since Time is a constant, any speculation about the universe having a beginning is pointless. Dr. Neil Turok premiss makes good sense I light of time being a constant. The big band was a LOCAL event in a mulit-universe. A reoccurring event, much like a perpetual motion machine. Our universe, one of many, expands from a tiny point of intense matter (the big bang) as it is still doing, everything moving rapidly away from a central point, and then contracts back to that tiny point of intense matter.

Or, in your case.......A magical being for which there is absolutely no proof, snapped his fingers and the entire cosmos magically popped into existence.

I'll take logic, and reason, and a huge portion of common sense over magic anyway.

That's what he said.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#595572 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I just read in People magazine that Pat Benatar just turned 60.
Feel old?
WTH???? I was just listening to her this morning on my 8 track tape player..... say it ain't so RR.....

Funny... I don't feel old but I must be. I remember hanging out at the Kingdom of Stallions in Buena Park and partying till the sun came up during KROQ nights. Waking up face down on the hills of Tijuana with chickens all over me after night of drinking down at "La Zona Roja"

Now a days I yearn for a good book, a soft couch a quiet evening and nice fresh cup of coffee......

damn I'm old.....

yup..... I'm old.....

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#595573 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What is OBVIOUS is that people are trying to re-write history to make it seem like the founding fathers were ambivalent about their religions.
Why do people not want to acknowledge what is written history?
Why do they feel the need to change it?
That's a good question.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-... ;

You might try asking that of a professor in one of the Revisionist History classes that are being taught in our U.S. colleges now.

There's nothing like paying to learn about made-up crap, i.e., opinions.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#595574 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
Christianity is rising faster than the world's population.
There you go again... might makes right... right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Serah 604,985
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Estelle 559,393
Minecraft Gift Code Generator No Survey 21 min Minecraft Gift 2
Couch Potato Alert 1 hr yon 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr The Awakener 175,608
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Grau 119,650
Last Word + 2 1 hr AliceBlue 976
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 265,098
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web