Location hidden

#595569 Jan 29, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER put words in your mouth.
You, however, have put words in mine.
Period.
<quoted text>
I didn't "design" his defective heart, did you? Like Harry Truman once said, the buck has to stop somewhere, and that would be god.
Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
What kind of "god" creates cancer, and then unleashes it on humans?
What kind of "god" turns a blind eye to sick and dying children suffering through no fault of their own?
Your god creates a fatal condition called Exencephaly, where a babies brain painfully grows abnormally outside of the skull. What kind of "god" would create such a thing? What kind of "god" would allow an innocent baby to needlessly suffer like that?
What kind of "god" condones at least 6000 children to be burned alive in Auschwitz?
What kind of "god" creates Alzheimer's disease, and then allow those that have faithfully followed 'gods" various religions to literally waste away day by day and lose all memories which made up their very life? My mother died from Alzheimer's disease and she literally BEGGED me often to allow her to commit suicide, so that she could stop being tortured. What kind of a monster sends a disease like this to millions of loving human beings? Is that a god worthy of our respect?
Now you might try and WEASEL out of this by saying that "god" didn't create these things (even though it's clear god did). Regardless, the point is that your "god" allows all of it to continue and turns a "blind eye" to all of it (and much, much more suffering throughout the world}. That kind of a "god" is a monster, no matter how you look at it.
All I'm getting out of you is that you admit that God created your cat and your cats heart.

What I don't understand is why you blame God for your cat dying, but you don't thank God for the time that you had with your cat, all the pleasure you had, all the love you shared.

Do you think God should have made immortal beings out of all of us?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#595570 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what your qualifications are, why would I assume you're one of the "others"?
Here, you flip sides with who "others" represents.

Before, you were speaking of the ignorant masses that just accept any ol' thing they're told without understanding it and without a second thought about it.

Now you're using it in reference to people that do know what they're talking about.

You just automatically assume I belong to the former group. You made that clear.
I'm sure there's something you can teach me, just as I'm sure there's something I can teach you.
I don't believe you really feel that way. If you did, we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place.

Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595571 Jan 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Common sense has never produce quality results, it is a throw back reflex to help us survive by making us imagine monsters in the shadows. It's archaic and does nothing to provide any facts.
An atheist friend of yours disagrees with you -

Of course common sense is one of my highest values, it should be your also. Common sense tells me that TIME is a constant, there can never be a situate where TIME is non-existent. Part of the big bang theory states that there was no time or space before the singularity. Since Time is a constant, any speculation about the universe having a beginning is pointless. Dr. Neil Turok premiss makes good sense I light of time being a constant. The big band was a LOCAL event in a mulit-universe. A reoccurring event, much like a perpetual motion machine. Our universe, one of many, expands from a tiny point of intense matter (the big bang) as it is still doing, everything moving rapidly away from a central point, and then contracts back to that tiny point of intense matter.

Or, in your case.......A magical being for which there is absolutely no proof, snapped his fingers and the entire cosmos magically popped into existence.

I'll take logic, and reason, and a huge portion of common sense over magic anyway.

That's what he said.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#595572 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I just read in People magazine that Pat Benatar just turned 60.
Feel old?
WTH???? I was just listening to her this morning on my 8 track tape player..... say it ain't so RR.....

Funny... I don't feel old but I must be. I remember hanging out at the Kingdom of Stallions in Buena Park and partying till the sun came up during KROQ nights. Waking up face down on the hills of Tijuana with chickens all over me after night of drinking down at "La Zona Roja"

Now a days I yearn for a good book, a soft couch a quiet evening and nice fresh cup of coffee......

damn I'm old.....

yup..... I'm old.....

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#595573 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What is OBVIOUS is that people are trying to re-write history to make it seem like the founding fathers were ambivalent about their religions.
Why do people not want to acknowledge what is written history?
Why do they feel the need to change it?
That's a good question.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nineteen_Eighty-... ;

You might try asking that of a professor in one of the Revisionist History classes that are being taught in our U.S. colleges now.

There's nothing like paying to learn about made-up crap, i.e., opinions.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#595574 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
Christianity is rising faster than the world's population.
There you go again... might makes right... right?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#595575 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong still. God never "became a man".....
The Christians are in violation of the VERY first of Big Daddy's commandant.
endtime

AOL

#595576 Jan 29, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#595577 Jan 29, 2013
Clementia wrote:
Probably. I'll let u know if that happens!
BUT what i do know is that when i fell over in the middle of my school ground, nearly got ran over by a car and when my car hit the kerb and nearly flipped, OMG, time went soooo slow! I saw everything in slow motion.
We experience time at a variable rate in our minds.

Did you see Inception? There were people that lived for a very long time inside their dreams, but were only asleep a few hours.

You'll find Mr. Right, or else you end up with Mr. Left.

Location hidden

#595578 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!"freethoughtdojo "?!?!
That's your "source"?!
Just one BIG thing that tells me tha site is bullshit. They claim Lincoln was not religious. His Gettysburg Address is pretty clear that he was....
Try again?
Nope, nothing biased about that site.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#595579 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
NO.
Admit that your buddy Mylan's post was a bunch of bullshit, then we can talk about Lincoln.
I'll gladly put you in your place about Lincoln like I just did Mylan about Jefferson.
Up yours, pal.

Thanks for once again showing your true colors which includes your overwhelming ignorance and dishonesty to the point of not being able to admit you DID say what I claimed you did about minorities as well as not being able to provide anything of any sort of substance at all which would indicate that it's "pretty clear" Lincoln was a religious man which you said he was based on the Gettysburg Address.

Next- Mylan is not my "buddy"- Mylan is another poster here who seems to be a very nice and very intelligent person who can no more stomach your BS and lies than most people here can.

That being said, there is no special alliance between Mylan and me, so as I suggested to you last week and will suggest again: Put that self-inflicted persecution complex of yours back in your back pocket.

And honey- the day the sorry ass likes of YOU put ME in MY place- HA!

The second coming of your Christ would have to happen before YOU putting ME in MY place ever would or ever could.

STUFF it, loser.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#595580 Jan 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"See how easy that was?
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War" ;
Kuhnt.
That was covered HOURS ago, and I didn't ask YOU anyway, CUNNY.

Feck off.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#595581 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
uh-huh....
Are ya still gonaa argue your propaganda that Jefferson wasn't Christian?
I will ask you again because I haven't forgotten that you didn't answer earlier:

Let's say the founding fathers were all Jews. Would you have converted to Judaism?

What DIFFERENCE does it make what the founding fathers did or did not believe and why should that have ANY influence or make ANY difference regarding what YOU believe?

Anyway, here, STUPID- now go argue with wiki.

"The religious views of Thomas Jefferson diverged widely from the orthodox Christianity of his day.

Throughout his life Jefferson was intensely interested in theology, religious studies, and morality.[1]

Jefferson was most closely connected with Unitarianism and the religious philosophy of Christian deism.[2]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson...

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595582 Jan 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But Zeus has more evidence supporting him based on your standards of evidence. So why do you not accept Zeus instead of your god?
Because Zeus was even found to be false by the greeks themselves yes there are who still do but verrrry few and most of them said that they had a false belief, plus that is something else compared to us, its they are not even of the holy book, they do not even belief in ONE GOD also their ideas of God were different do not forget that they even see titans with higher standards than Gods.

Location hidden

#595583 Jan 29, 2013
MrC wrote:
<quoted text>
It`s called `depraved indifference` humans tend to see that as quite amoral.
It`s like taking a picture on your camera phone as the guy tries to get back on the subway platform instead of offering him your hand.
Actually, I was thinking of something a little different than that.

Time is local, and relative....but never absolute.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595584 Jan 29, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
You're forgetting one not-so-minor detail.
Newton used math to PROVE, conclusively, in matters of science, that his way of thinking was correct. He gave scientists of the day no other choice but to fall in line. His book, "The Principia", is still regarded as one of the most paradigm shattering works ever put forth.
0 =/= 1... while arguably true... does NOT compare to what Newton gave us.
Sorry.
that MATH you call now was thought to be dark magic back then, which you now think our religion is a falsehood or Delusion, we are still at the same place you the non-believer we believer back then you the non-believer of science and logic we the believers of it. Also, you replied only in regards to Newton, whatabout the rest? not all of them used math.

Location hidden

#595585 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
All I'm getting out of you is that you admit that God created your cat and your cats heart.
What I don't understand is why you blame God for your cat dying, but you don't thank God for the time that you had with your cat, all the pleasure you had, all the love you shared.
Do you think God should have made immortal beings out of all of us?
Don't forget that she told the cat that God was forcing her hand; that it was his fault she was paying a vet to give it the needle.

xD

I think we should give Mylan some intermission time to go back to sucking on that tailpipe that he loves so much.
MrC

Glasgow, UK

#595586 Jan 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, I was thinking of something a little different than that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =E1ExiJKbeuYXX
Time is local, and relative....but never absolute.
so you`re imposing `limits` on your god?

you`re handicapping him to excuse his absenteeism?

And here was I getting a little bored with the number of times a christian strats an argument with the presupposition that god made the laws of physics so he isn`t subject to them...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#595587 Jan 29, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
That definition fits religion quite nicely. Don't you think so?
Yes, it fits the definition of religion very good. But it also fits the definition of science very good, as science often depicts itself as absolutely true and undeniable, when it seems like most of the time the "truth" is often just a hypothesis.

But since there's no better hypothesis that becomes the "general consensus of science".

That doesn't mean in any way shape or form that that hypothesis is indeed fact. But it's often taught as fact.
Scientists go through great pains looking for errors in the sciences they practice. That's the goal... strive for a more complete and true understanding of reality. Scientists love finding mistakes in science. It's part of their job descriptions.
Contrast that with religion. Religion rarely, if ever, does that. When it does it's usually, if not always, after this or that scientific finding has been scrutinized for years and even centuries. The masses come to accept the truth of said findings. Religious leaders then realize they can no longer disseminate fallacious information to an educated public and maintain power over it. It kicks and screams about it the whole way... but, eventually, it's forced to change.
So... religion, Sir, yours especially, is anything but self-correcting. It relies, however reluctantly, on science to do that for it.
You're speaking in half-truths. Religion, well at least my religion, does not wait for science to prove or disprove anything. If science stumbles across something that is thought of as a fact and we just roll with the punches. We believe that what is said in the Bible is true, although most of it is allegory or metaphor and not necessarily literal.
The Milky Way is a galaxy. Science still teaches that it's a galaxy. Didn't you know that?
Whoops, my mistake. Yes I know the Milky Way is the galaxy, what I meant to type was that science used to think the Milky Way was the universe, and it was taught that way-that are little Milky Way galaxy is the universe, and people like you believe it because "science doesn't fault itself".

But when it does, what happens to all the folks that have been taught wrong for who knows his long?
And science found better methods. Religion did nothing.
True, but in the meantime for hundreds of years science, specifically medical science, "knew" that that was the best way to cure a cold-to bleed it out.

And you can't compare that to religion, religion does not focus itself on medicine or biology or geology or any part of science. Religion isn't science.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#595588 Jan 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>lol
Well,...I have been tempted to jab an ice pick in my brain on more than one occasion.
xD
ahem.... not intending death.
Lol, not me.

I just turn on Grand Theft Auto 4 & toss a grenade at "my" feet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min onemale 268,765
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Robert F 573,535
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 17 min mamma-san 221,721
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 1 hr Jay 36
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Qu_innocence 608,092
Chaitanya Holidays | Best Tour Planner in Mumbai 2 hr Chaitanya_Holidays 1
Any girls looking for some sexy fun on Skype? (Dec '12) 3 hr nuhomar1 27
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 hr DNF 97,844
More from around the web