Prove there's a god.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#595725 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
All I'm getting out of you is that you admit that God created your cat and your cats heart.
What I don't understand is why you blame God for your cat dying, but you don't thank God for the time that you had with your cat, all the pleasure you had, all the love you shared.
Do you think God should have made immortal beings out of all of us?
Accord'n ta yer book he did jist that...then welch'd on the note so he didn't haft'a pay up! Not only that, but he went an blamed it all on some poor snake what couldn't even stand up an fight back!

Now that's the mark o' a lowly scoundrel!

Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595726 Jan 29, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
You were right the fist time
John 1:14 "So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness".
This simply means this; Any other human on this planet now can become a God....

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#595727 Jan 29, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
I don`t think there`s a god....
did you miss that?
rebuttal:
we experience pain as a protective measure and an indication that something is wrong. Leprosy does not actually make bits fall off it causes the sufferer to experience diminished sensation and injuries and subsequent infections do not register with them the same way as a non sufferer so they physically degenerate.
Pain is the trigger which sets up the emotional and mental response to the anticipation of pain. Have a look at the "monkey water ladder experiment".
I know why we experience pain. To learn from it. Pain is not limited to physical discomfort, you know. Heartache is some of the worst pain there is.

God designed us to be that way, which is why we're the only animals on this planet that can express pain like we do.

It's all part of being made in His image, so that we can commune with Him.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595728 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just mocking you.
That's a pity

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#595729 Jan 29, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
What do you have against progress?
Nothing.

Why do you think science is the only way to progress?

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595730 Jan 29, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
It`s a paradox, you can`t shut it down. Thats the nature of a paradox.
If it is a paradox then it cannot be used, because a paradox contradicts itself as we know.(:

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595731 Jan 29, 2013
@mrcharrinton Sadly though that I have forgotten it

Since: May 11

Glasgow, UK

#595732 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think God wrote the song? A human did, a song writer.
God knows all the words and has the power to change them but He won't. That'd take away the song writers free will.
<quoted text>
Oh, Mr C gets to hand out a 2 choice ultimatum on God's choices? HA!
lol now you`re reaching

Kuwait, Kuwait

#595733 Jan 29, 2013
sad*

Since: May 11

Glasgow, UK

#595734 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know why we experience pain. To learn from it. Pain is not limited to physical discomfort, you know. Heartache is some of the worst pain there is.
God designed us to be that way, which is why we're the only animals on this planet that can express pain like we do.
It's all part of being made in His image, so that we can commune with Him.
goodnight...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#595735 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
We've been discussing so many things....
Which specific topic are you talking about?
Specifically, our understanding of light; it's useful characteristics.

Even more specifically, how we can determine things like speed, direction, composition, etc. based on said understanding.

I said that I use that understanding almost everyday at work (in a specialized application called reflectometry; didn't get a chance to say that part).

If what I think I know isn't actually what I know I know... then I wouldn't be able to do what I do... because the tools I use wouldn't work... and those tools work extremely well; to an extremely high level of precision. They're getting better everyday.

You just outright, basically, called "Bullsh!t" without even so much as an attempt to find what the heck I was getting at.

Do you not consider that the least little bit arrogant of you?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#595736 Jan 29, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please help me, Clementine.
nanoanomaly says I'm not working hard enough.
I'm busting my tail and it's not appreciated, makes me want to cry.
What's the matter darlin'? Is nano being mean...oh no!! Get tide to use magic or something.
Should i give u good news first or the bad news? U can be happy in my happiness...I just finished my coursework..right now, it's not even 1am yet, i'm proud of myself. right, the bad thing is that i just got it now that i done it all wrong!!! hehehehheheheeeeeeeee, I don't f*ckin' care anymore, i'm fed up of it, i'm partyin' from right NOW!
Play the music, DJ!!!!
NANOOOOOOOOO GET YOUR BUTT MOVIN', DO SOMETHING USEFUL WILL YA, WOMAN!!
FEEEEEEEL THE MUSIC, CATCHER!

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#595737 Jan 29, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
In certain places a man is allowed many wives, in certain places in the hindu kush boys above the age of 12 are considered failures if they do not have at least a couple of notches on their bedpost.
In the US the age of consent and marriageable age has risen over the last 100 years.
We used to execute our murderers, we no longer execute our murderers.
we used to let children work in dangerous environments, we now know that is wrong, in africa however there are child soldiers.
women didn`t have the vote, african americans didnt have the vote. now they do.
the curse of ham was used to justify slavery, we now know it was nonsense...or we would still have slavery.
in india there was a caste system, the president is a member of a caste which was known as untouchable, their morals have moved on.
the japanese are only just realising that the sexualisation of children is wrong and is taking steps to ban such material.
the list is endless, as society evolves so do morals.
Thank you for your response Charrington.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#595738 Jan 29, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
are you saying that we are biochemical puppets? making decision by forces out of our control? Very nihilistic. Regardless of what one may think, i believe that each and every one of us are still responsible for our individual actions. Morality then is made up, fluid, ever changing to suit the current needs of those at the time.
btw My brows are fine. But threading hurts like a B
If we are puppets, we have, I don't know, billions upon billions of strings. We still must take responsibility for our actions, because we learn that it is better for all of us if we do.

Morality is a very important survival mechanism. It must be able to improve over time, to evolve, so to speak.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#595739 Jan 29, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>LOl... oh really? And when did this supposedly happen?
When I debunked your bullshit lie about what Jefferson wrote in the Notes of Virginia.
I was the one that shot down you "theory" that jefferson was catholic.
I never said Jefferson was catholic.....
You have yet to post any quote from his stating so.
Ok, fine.

In a private letter to Benjamin Rush, Jefferson refers to himself as "Christian" (1803): "To the corruptions of Christianity I am, indeed, opposed; but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus himself. I am a Christian, in the only sense in which he wished any one to be; sincerely attached to his doctrines, in preference to all others; ascribing to himself every human excellence..."

There ya go, Jefferson's own words.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jeffers...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#595740 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It is known who wrote the Bible.
who?
MrC

Glasgow, UK

#595741 Jan 29, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is a paradox then it cannot be used, because a paradox contradicts itself as we know.(:
Exactly god is a paradox he contradicts himself!

Well done, you may go to the head of the class and sharpen all of the pencils!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#595742 Jan 29, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a pity
What is, Islam?

I know...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#595743 Jan 29, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Specifically, our understanding of light; it's useful characteristics.
Even more specifically, how we can determine things like speed, direction, composition, etc. based on said understanding.
I said that I use that understanding almost everyday at work (in a specialized application called reflectometry; didn't get a chance to say that part).
If what I think I know isn't actually what I know I know... then I wouldn't be able to do what I do... because the tools I use wouldn't work... and those tools work extremely well; to an extremely high level of precision. They're getting better everyday.
You just outright, basically, called "Bullsh!t" without even so much as an attempt to find what the heck I was getting at.
Do you not consider that the least little bit arrogant of you?
Well sure, when you put it that way.

But I don't recall you saying anything about reflectometry or what I call bullshit about.

I didn't mean to hit a personal nerve with you, you'll have to explain yourself a wee bit better next time.

You measure things that reflect? To what end?
barb

Atlanta, GA

#595744 Jan 29, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
Can you are any man make a tree... you can plant a seed but then can you create the seed? Now.. Prove there isn't a God who created this world. When you die and there is no god .. what have you lost? Nada However, when you die and there is a living God... what then have you lost? God gave us the intelligence to reason and choose. Bible does not says to enter the kingdom of heaven, you must believe that Jesus is the son of God. Who died for you sins and rose on the third day so that you may have eternal life. But again, is your choice. Blessing to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min June VanDerMark 596,720
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 min I Am No One_ 444,373
If you dare date a nigerian man. (Aug '13) 20 min canadiangirl1991 52
___FEDs Run the Narcotics Trade 22 min Rumorz 1
Re-Programming Americans To Take Part In Their ... 23 min inagadadavida 15
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min Charlie Sheen 272,107
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr I am virgin 291
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr The_Box 1,082
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Epiphany2 612,656
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr Henry_Joseph 177,231
More from around the web