Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
The Christian growth rate is currently 1.3%,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_population_gr...
whereas the world population growth rate is 1.1%
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population
You hate it when I'm right.
I don't hate it when you're right- I posted info from perhaps at least one better source- that being CNN- than that of wiki, that's all....

Wow- for someone who is so sure they are so right you sure are defensive.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Regan looks around.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Ain't no need bring'n me X int'a the picher!
Sould'a listened ta her momma when the woman told me she need'd exorcised regular...now I know's what the woman meant!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
The Christian growth rate is currently 1.3%,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_population_gr...
whereas the world population growth rate is 1.1%
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population
You hate it when I'm right.
Great thing about Wiwkipedia, they put disclaimers on things that have not yet been supported: The examples and perspective in this article may not represent a worldwide view of the subject.

Your first link is just the growth rate in some hand picked countries, since it clearly does not account for the world, also it's the growth based on the current numbers of those who follow. You see, if you look at the Muslim growth rate it's claimed at 1.8%.... that's because it's not the percentage of the total population but the increase in the numbers. You need to learn how to read statistics better.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate it when you're right- I posted info from perhaps at least one better source- that being CNN- than that of wiki, that's all....
No, it's an accurate statistic, it's that he doesn't apply it correctly at all. The growth rate is not the percentage of the world population that converts, but the increase in the number of people claiming to follow.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Geez, OCB...
Really? Your post #594999 from yesterday:

You wrote:

"NO!

I'm here & nuttin's goin on....

...ooops phone's ringing"

Let's see if you have the integrity to apologize for calling me a liar, you LIAR.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask what IS Scientology.... I've read about it.
I asked Catcher's opinion about what is wrong with it...
Read, OCB, read...
You said you didn't know much about Scientology and then asked what was wrong with it.

YOU read, RR- YOU read- if not what others write, at least what you yourself right- like the phone ringing yesterday, for example- again- your post #594799.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You mock any and all sites that you don't "like"- including one I used last week:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/thomas_...
You stated as if it was fact that the above site is a "fake"- while offering nothing to back up your statement.
Well aobviously it's a real site, but that part about Jefferson is a lie.

He was a Christian, just didn't like what was happening with the church.

In a private letter to Benjamin Rush, Jefferson refers to himself as "Christian" (1803): "To the corruptions of Christianity I am, indeed, opposed; but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus himself. I am a Christian, in the only sense in which he wished any one to be; sincerely attached to his doctrines, in preference to all others; ascribing to himself every human excellence..."

As a landowner he played a role in governing his local Episcopal Church; in terms of belief he was inclined toward Deism and the moral philosophy of Christianity, though when he was home he attended the Episcopal church and raised his daughters in that faith.

See #7, Religion.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Geez, OCB...
Sorry- that would be post #594799 which proves that I am not a liar, you LIAR. 

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's an accurate statistic, it's that he doesn't apply it correctly at all. The growth rate is not the percentage of the world population that converts, but the increase in the number of people claiming to follow.
Excellent point, Kitten- thanks!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a liar. I recall glancing at a post of yours yesterday in which you said the phone was ringing- what's the BFD?
RR, if I was outright lying, I wouldn't lie about something of so little consequence- I realize that YOU do so all the time, but don't use yourself as a barometer for the behavior of others.
Geez, RR.....
Oh, I see. So a little lie isn't a lie?

um.......

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I saw a post of his yesterday during which I guess he was "busy" since he said that the phone was ringing....

Liar.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with addicited to bike riding? Or jogging? Or swimming?
I'm sure there's a "disease" for all of that...
There's nothing wrong with being addicted to something, as long as you can hold yourself with responsibility.
One could overdo any of the above and cause injury to themselves and that happens a lot.

There is plenty wrong with being addicted to ANYTHING, RR. A compulsive need for anything really isn't healthy.

But I wouldn't expect an addict in denial- such as you are- to realize or accept that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Great thing about Wiwkipedia, they put disclaimers on things that have not yet been supported: The examples and perspective in this article may not represent a worldwide view of the subject.
Your first link is just the growth rate in some hand picked countries, since it clearly does not account for the world, also it's the growth based on the current numbers of those who follow. You see, if you look at the Muslim growth rate it's claimed at 1.8%.... that's because it's not the percentage of the total population but the increase in the numbers. You need to learn how to read statistics better.
No, you need to learn to read. Try reading BOTH links.

The first one talks about religion growth rate by count & percentage.

The second one is about sheer growth rate of the world population.

Christianity's population is growing at a rate of 1.3%.
The world's population is growing at a rate of 1.1%.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogmatic: Adjective
Inclined to lay down principles as incontrovertibly true.
Science dies that a lot, then realizes its errors & creates a new dogma.
Science once taught that the Milky Way was the galaxy. Then realized it was wrong & started teaching new "knowledge".
Science once taught that the best way to beat a cold is a good bleeding......
Science once taught that the universe is infinite, then finite, then back to infinite.
Etc etc etc
Science scrutinizes it's course an makes the required changes ta keep the main on a course toward it's destination...whilst religion jist flounders about the waves foller'n the bird o' paradise...what's really jist a albatross.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam is a vile and stupid religion
Learn how to properly reply to a post

you have the intellect of a muslim

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Your post #594999 from yesterday:
You wrote:
"NO!
Let's see if you have the integrity to apologize for calling me a liar, you LIAR.
LMAO

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I saw a post of his yesterday during which I guess he was "busy" since he said that the phone was ringing....

Where's the "busy" that you claimed?

Your foot fits perfectly in your mouth, doesn't it?

Liar.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well aobviously it's a real site, but that part about Jefferson is a lie.
He was a Christian, just didn't like what was happening with the church.
In a private letter to Benjamin Rush, Jefferson refers to himself as "Christian" (1803): "To the corruptions of Christianity I am, indeed, opposed; but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus himself. I am a Christian, in the only sense in which he wished any one to be; sincerely attached to his doctrines, in preference to all others; ascribing to himself every human excellence..."
As a landowner he played a role in governing his local Episcopal Church; in terms of belief he was inclined toward Deism and the moral philosophy of Christianity, though when he was home he attended the Episcopal church and raised his daughters in that faith.
See #7, Religion.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson
Don't talk to me again until you apologize for calling me a liar for saying that you posted yesterday that the phone was ringing....again, your post #594799.

And for the LAST time, it is OBVIOUS that our founding fathers were one or both of the following:

1. Ambivalent about their personal religious beliefs.

2. Talking out of both sides of their mouths which is part and parcel of being a politician as unfortunate and as unsavory as that is.

Since: May 11

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate it when you're right- I posted info from perhaps at least one better source- that being CNN- than that of wiki, that's all....
they seem to be getting a little twitchy now that the Pew Forum puts US christians at 48% and the NSRI doesnt make it look much better for them.

maybe they`ll start bleating about being a persecuted minority now?

I cant wait to see how many US politicians suddenly lose faith in the next 15 years as their voter demographic changes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
1)Evil has a purpose, God has created "Iblees" (shataan) for a reason and testing his creations.
2)Yes and No he is not malevolent, as I mentioned above..
3)...NO
4) no comment
5) This is old man we took this in philosophy and its easily refutable.
well then, refute it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I see. So a little lie isn't a lie?
um.......
OCB wrote:
Liar.
Your post #594799:

You wrote:

Really? Your post #594999 from yesterday:

You wrote:

"NO!

So....as I said, I "guess" he was busy since he said the phone was ringing.

What IS your problem, RR? Are you trying to make the point that you were NOT busy? I did say I "guessed" you were busy- I didn't state that as a fact, but the fact IS you DID say, "ooops phone's ringing".

Just what did I LIE about, you MORON?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
God is omniscient, but that does not mean you have the will to choose your path, you can now sin or do good, its your choice, if your meaning that since God knows what u will do than it is not called free will? your wrong he knows, but he is not controlling you, your the one who can either create yourself a bright future or not. For example if u have been bad, ill mannered and so, then u visit your family and do good. God removes the terrible obstacles that were about to crumple you. Nothing is fixed as u think, for God is also omnipotent and there is nothing he cannot do.
so you were lying

you never studied philosophy

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

783 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Growupchildren 224,450
passing by 9 min andet1987 2
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 11 min andet1987 5,256
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min EXPERT 115,435
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Liam 533,158
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 15 min andet1987 3,985
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 18 min bsr 526
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 49 min FudgeNFury 256,792
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Stilgar Fifrawi 172,510
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 6 hr Nixxi 84
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••