Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> As is with lightning...And I can personally attest to "Thunder". I am, the product of chaotic coupling and more than likely associated with a "big Bang" of some sort(not necessarily the only one). Although there is altho thome times I AM quite mitherable ta deal with.
Well I would say , I will try my best to stay on the right side of ya storm front.^^

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your extreme pride and arrogance suggests that you worship Hubris.
Is that so?
He's an anti-Semite too.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Al Garcia wrote:
Sorry to hear that kiddo. About a year ago my
Beloved Chihuahua "Tinkerbell" was diagnosed with heart failure and his lungs started to fill with fluid. He was going into seizures and would let out a loud cry when this happened. We took him to the vet and we put him in an oxygen tent where he got somewhat better but not much. After two days at 35 dollars an hour for oxygen a decision had to be made. I couldn't afford to keep him on O2 and I couldn't let him suffer. We decided to euthanize him. Mylan, I cried like a baby and I didn't care who saw or heard me. He's my family. The Doctor came in ready for the procedure and I cried as I held him. At the last moment I couldn't do it. I chickened out. The Doctor instead gave me some "Vetmedin" to give him and asked me to watch him as he wouldn't last the night.
That was a year ago. Miracles still happen as he is still here with me, sleeping on my pillow next to me and tears still come out as I type this and think of that day.
Thank you Al Garcia. Very kind of you. As soon as I arrived at the vet they put him in a oxygen tent but his temperature kept falling even though the tent was heated. That meant that his heart was progressively getting worse, and when he started to foam up at the mouth the vet let me hear his lungs where I could hear them gurgling because of all of the fluid in them. The vet told me that he was in a lot of pain and that he wouldn't last the night.

I could have been selfish and taken him home where he would have died, but I had to do what was in his best interest and stop his suffering and pain, which is when my suffering and pain would start. I couldn't even sign the paperwork to put him to sleep. In the end I had to just scribble something down so they could end his pain. In 6 hours time he went from being fine to being in that oxygen tent. Before they put him to sleep I told him how special he was, how much I loved him, and that I wasn't putting him to sleep because he did anything wrong. I explained to him that god gave him a defective heart and that I was being forced to let him go. I think he understood but thought somehow that I could still fix him. People tell me that I did what was best, but somehow that doesn't help. I've been having chest pains since this and my doctor said it is something called "broken heart syndrome" and wants me to come in today for some tests. I will but I think it's unfair that they can fix my heart but not his.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all we do not accept any hadith and before we go further on, u must know that I'm not a sunni I'm a shiite there is a huge difference when looking deep, critical reasoning and philosophically. As this doctrine u just provided, has never been aprroved by us shitte. If you like to find anything which u think is contraditing (which I doubt u'll find any) read our book called "nahj al balagha"
Another important point, we differ from sunnis, however we love them as our fellow brothers. the ones we do not like ar ethe ones u see on tv (extremists) you u refer to them as islamic terrorists. Those are wahhabis and they even see us shiite worse than any other religion, even though we are muslim under the same title as them, thus they promote the killing of us shiite.
Our other ultimate enemies are zionists as I'm sure they are enemies to all, which I assume u already know, unless u have not read the zionists protocol.
It's organizations like the Islamic extremists (terrorists) & WBC that give religion a bad name.

So is it the extremists that believe in the 72 virgin thing? Does al Qaida promote that?

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation change?
So does that mean in ancient Islam, it was bad to beat women but in the new version of Islam, it's OK?
It does seem to be so, we read & hear so many crazy Islamic stories of the way Islamic women are treated - like dirt.
Ahem...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thumb#Th...

...wimmins need discipline according to the menfolks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup! See ya at the cross streets of Indiana and Madison.
Jedi.....

Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>It depends on who you talk to. Many in the religious community don't want to accept it because the gene needs to be defective in order to work like this. The collection of human genes is very complicated. The title "the god gene" implies that there is only one gene responsible for this, when the truth is it's probably more than one collectively. The point is not about the genes, the point is that some humans can be hard wired to seek religion, just like some humans seek alcohol or gambling. The God gene refers to the idea that human spirituality has an innate genetic component to it. It doesn’t mean that there’s one gene that makes people believe in God, but it refers to the fact that humans inherit a predisposition to be spiritual--to reach out and look for a higher being. If this was 'by design' then it would be proof that there is a god. If it was just a theory then why would they already be working on a vaccine for it?
Well Assuming it was "by design" how can it be proven, believe me it won't be because if it did, then ther eis not test no prophecies and most importantly no purpose in life that we are all here by a minute coincedence. which reminds me -

how do u respond to this?

We believe that there is no randomness, which is much greater chances of becoming true, since the chances of random effects resulting in the creation of the world as it is right now, is hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighly insanely almost cannot even be calculated small. something like 0.billion of billion of...till "1" I'm certain I explained this before to a person here who I never received any reply from. In the end we go back to atheism in believing valuing knowledge as they claim to do so, thus in this case mathematics well..the calculations are a proof in your eyes right now!! you have no excuse to to follow the least chances, or am I wrong in my calculations?

btw I'll compare your anwer with another atheist here ;)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
You think people can be genetically "hardwired" to become an alcoholic or a gambler?!
http://www.webmd.com/mental-he alth/news/20040526/researchers -identify-alcoholism-gene

http://www.americangaming.org/newsroom/newsle...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>He's an anti-Semite too.
He hates Jews because they're Jews?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at your dirty mind, it keeps on getting dirtier, sinking deeper. Oh and I thought its spelled hybris..isn't it?
not as dirty as your mind saw in the post

apostate

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it? I've never read nor studied the Koran so I can't speak to that end.
I'm on your side, Clementia :)
u hear that Victor? He's on my side!

You see, u don't wanna mess with me, i know people and i know Tide too, he knows the people who know people! Ya get me?

Yes it does, Redneck! The koran has a lot of arabi culture thrown into it, which u know is not nice! It means what it says, literally!!

And for you information, muslim guy, i'm not scared of muslims or Islam! OK!

AIN'T NOBODY TELLIN' ME I'M RACIST!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ahem...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thumb#Th...
...wimmins need discipline according to the menfolks.
OIC.......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
I repeat and say to u again prove me wrong!! you can't that's why you simply deny what you cannot face, thus keep on being blind.
those apologetics have been posted and dismissed long ago.

you are a child

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Innocent little children who suffer and die of cancer.
Now, u sound like a true atheist!*salute*

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Victor Belmont wrote:
Once again @karl44 do you or do you not believe in creations?
rational skeptics evaluate

religitards belive

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

belive = believe

chit

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's organizations like the Islamic extremists (terrorists) & WBC that give religion a bad name.
So is it the extremists that believe in the 72 virgin thing? Does al Qaida promote that?
ROFL!!!!!!!

Is this how u gonna sort him out!

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Al Garcia. Very kind of you. As soon as I arrived at the vet they put him in a oxygen tent but his temperature kept falling even though the tent was heated. That meant that his heart was progressively getting worse, and when he started to foam up at the mouth the vet let me hear his lungs where I could hear them gurgling because of all of the fluid in them. The vet told me that he was in a lot of pain and that he wouldn't last the night.
I could have been selfish and taken him home where he would have died, but I had to do what was in his best interest and stop his suffering and pain, which is when my suffering and pain would start. I couldn't even sign the paperwork to put him to sleep. In the end I had to just scribble something down so they could end his pain. In 6 hours time he went from being fine to being in that oxygen tent. Before they put him to sleep I told him how special he was, how much I loved him, and that I wasn't putting him to sleep because he did anything wrong. I explained to him that god gave him a defective heart and that I was being forced to let him go. I think he understood but thought somehow that I could still fix him. People tell me that I did what was best, but somehow that doesn't help. I've been having chest pains since this and my doctor said it is something called "broken heart syndrome" and wants me to come in today for some tests. I will but I think it's unfair that they can fix my heart but not his.
If I could give you a hug right now I would.
Sometimes things happen for no reason and its no ones fault. Especially not yours.
If you should suffer any guilt is that you loved your family member (pet) too much.
Remain strong. Remain positive.
(( hugs))

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You think people can be genetically "hardwired" to become an alcoholic or a gambler?!
It's kinda tricky.

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh301...

If they never start drinking in the first place they don't miss it.

It's more about their desire for pleasure changing gene expression. Their addiction could just as easily be heroin or sex.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
Oh Gawd, gimme a break.

That "Dr", Black, just wants his name published.

He's spending so much time on finding a gambling gene because he " discovered" that gambling can run in the family...

Ever hear of stupid is as stupid does? Monkey see monkey do?

Sounds like a ploy to get some more pharmaceuticals out there.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 564,961 - 564,980 of715,738
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

425 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How 'the Decision 2' should be different for Le... 11 min Doctor REALITY 1
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 19 min Life is Precious 221,359
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 min JudgeNJury 255,492
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 52 min Epiphany2 598,701
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Hidingfromyou 222,987
loan shark needed 1 hr Benson 4
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr pusherman_ 529,591
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Jennifer 93,107
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 14 hr Carly 107
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••