Prove there's a god.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#595351 Jan 29, 2013
partellam wrote:
You want proof of god? Just look around you!
We done looked to an frow, from hell ta high water, an the cuss ain't nowhere ta be found. We's com'n ta the notion the accused done jumped ship an maked hisself shark vittles.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#595352 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you're right - if you forget about all the wars caused by governments, like WWII.....
<quoted text>
HA HA HA !!!!!!!
Jesus never existed dot com?!?
I'm sure that a honest, non-biased site.....
Besides, you're talking about 400 years ago.
Let it go.
You mock any and all sites that you don't "like"- including one I used last week:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/thomas_...

You stated as if it was fact that the above site is a "fake"- while offering nothing to back up your statement.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#595353 Jan 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What difference does that make regarding being addicted to gambling?
I mean...is being addicted to ANYTHING a good thing?
What's wrong with addicited to bike riding? Or jogging? Or swimming?

I'm sure there's a "disease" for all of that...

There's nothing wrong with being addicted to something, as long as you can hold yourself with responsibility.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#595354 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Geez, OCB...
I'm not a liar. I recall glancing at a post of yours yesterday in which you said the phone was ringing- what's the BFD?

RR, if I was outright lying, I wouldn't lie about something of so little consequence- I realize that YOU do so all the time, but don't use yourself as a barometer for the behavior of others.

Geez, RR.....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#595355 Jan 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>A perfect example of how you refuse to do your own research.
You admit to not knowing much about Scientology and you ask another poster what's so bad about it.
All you had to do was google "Scientology" to learn at least something about it without having had to ask anyone else about it.
I didn't ask what IS Scientology.... I've read about it.

I asked Catcher's opinion about what is wrong with it...

Read, OCB, read...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#595356 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
The Christian growth rate is currently 1.3%,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_population_gr...
whereas the world population growth rate is 1.1%
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population
You hate it when I'm right.
I don't hate it when you're right- I posted info from perhaps at least one better source- that being CNN- than that of wiki, that's all....

Wow- for someone who is so sure they are so right you sure are defensive.

Location hidden

#595357 Jan 29, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Regan looks around.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bSxuXQCEC7MXX
Ain't no need bring'n me X int'a the picher!
Sould'a listened ta her momma when the woman told me she need'd exorcised regular...now I know's what the woman meant!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#595358 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
The Christian growth rate is currently 1.3%,
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_population_gr...
whereas the world population growth rate is 1.1%
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population
You hate it when I'm right.
Great thing about Wiwkipedia, they put disclaimers on things that have not yet been supported: The examples and perspective in this article may not represent a worldwide view of the subject.

Your first link is just the growth rate in some hand picked countries, since it clearly does not account for the world, also it's the growth based on the current numbers of those who follow. You see, if you look at the Muslim growth rate it's claimed at 1.8%.... that's because it's not the percentage of the total population but the increase in the numbers. You need to learn how to read statistics better.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#595359 Jan 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate it when you're right- I posted info from perhaps at least one better source- that being CNN- than that of wiki, that's all....
Wow- for someone who is so sure they are so right you sure are defensive.
No, it's an accurate statistic, it's that he doesn't apply it correctly at all. The growth rate is not the percentage of the world population that converts, but the increase in the number of people claiming to follow.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#595360 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Geez, OCB...
Really? Your post #594999 from yesterday:

You wrote:

"NO!

I'm here & nuttin's goin on....

...ooops phone's ringing"

Let's see if you have the integrity to apologize for calling me a liar, you LIAR.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#595361 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask what IS Scientology.... I've read about it.
I asked Catcher's opinion about what is wrong with it...
Read, OCB, read...
You said you didn't know much about Scientology and then asked what was wrong with it.

YOU read, RR- YOU read- if not what others write, at least what you yourself right- like the phone ringing yesterday, for example- again- your post #594799.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#595362 Jan 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You mock any and all sites that you don't "like"- including one I used last week:
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Wolves/thomas_...
You stated as if it was fact that the above site is a "fake"- while offering nothing to back up your statement.
Well aobviously it's a real site, but that part about Jefferson is a lie.

He was a Christian, just didn't like what was happening with the church.

In a private letter to Benjamin Rush, Jefferson refers to himself as "Christian" (1803): "To the corruptions of Christianity I am, indeed, opposed; but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus himself. I am a Christian, in the only sense in which he wished any one to be; sincerely attached to his doctrines, in preference to all others; ascribing to himself every human excellence..."

As a landowner he played a role in governing his local Episcopal Church; in terms of belief he was inclined toward Deism and the moral philosophy of Christianity, though when he was home he attended the Episcopal church and raised his daughters in that faith.

See #7, Religion.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#595363 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Geez, OCB...
Sorry- that would be post #594799 which proves that I am not a liar, you LIAR. 

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#595364 Jan 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's an accurate statistic, it's that he doesn't apply it correctly at all. The growth rate is not the percentage of the world population that converts, but the increase in the number of people claiming to follow.
Excellent point, Kitten- thanks!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#595365 Jan 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not a liar. I recall glancing at a post of yours yesterday in which you said the phone was ringing- what's the BFD?
RR, if I was outright lying, I wouldn't lie about something of so little consequence- I realize that YOU do so all the time, but don't use yourself as a barometer for the behavior of others.
Geez, RR.....
Oh, I see. So a little lie isn't a lie?

um.......

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I saw a post of his yesterday during which I guess he was "busy" since he said that the phone was ringing....

Liar.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#595366 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with addicited to bike riding? Or jogging? Or swimming?
I'm sure there's a "disease" for all of that...
There's nothing wrong with being addicted to something, as long as you can hold yourself with responsibility.
One could overdo any of the above and cause injury to themselves and that happens a lot.

There is plenty wrong with being addicted to ANYTHING, RR. A compulsive need for anything really isn't healthy.

But I wouldn't expect an addict in denial- such as you are- to realize or accept that.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#595367 Jan 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Great thing about Wiwkipedia, they put disclaimers on things that have not yet been supported: The examples and perspective in this article may not represent a worldwide view of the subject.
Your first link is just the growth rate in some hand picked countries, since it clearly does not account for the world, also it's the growth based on the current numbers of those who follow. You see, if you look at the Muslim growth rate it's claimed at 1.8%.... that's because it's not the percentage of the total population but the increase in the numbers. You need to learn how to read statistics better.
No, you need to learn to read. Try reading BOTH links.

The first one talks about religion growth rate by count & percentage.

The second one is about sheer growth rate of the world population.

Christianity's population is growing at a rate of 1.3%.
The world's population is growing at a rate of 1.1%.

Location hidden

#595368 Jan 29, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogmatic: Adjective
Inclined to lay down principles as incontrovertibly true.
Science dies that a lot, then realizes its errors & creates a new dogma.
Science once taught that the Milky Way was the galaxy. Then realized it was wrong & started teaching new "knowledge".
Science once taught that the best way to beat a cold is a good bleeding......
Science once taught that the universe is infinite, then finite, then back to infinite.
Etc etc etc
Science scrutinizes it's course an makes the required changes ta keep the main on a course toward it's destination...whilst religion jist flounders about the waves foller'n the bird o' paradise...what's really jist a albatross.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#595369 Jan 29, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Islam is a vile and stupid religion
Learn how to properly reply to a post

you have the intellect of a muslim

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#595370 Jan 29, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Your post #594999 from yesterday:
You wrote:
"NO!
I'm here & nuttin's goin on....
...ooops phone's ringing"
Let's see if you have the integrity to apologize for calling me a liar, you LIAR.
LMAO

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I saw a post of his yesterday during which I guess he was "busy" since he said that the phone was ringing....

Where's the "busy" that you claimed?

Your foot fits perfectly in your mouth, doesn't it?

Liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min Here For Now 619,795
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 3 min Rider on the Storm 31,775
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min kent 687,439
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 2 hr ChromiuMan 6,496
Trump: "Get that Son of a B- - - - off the fiel... 2 hr Love Trump 9
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 3 hr SmokinJoe 4,319
Popcorn time for movies and shows using VPN 3 hr Neil_Hines 3
More from around the web