Prove there's a god.

Since: May 11

Glasgow, UK

#595003 Jan 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you missed the part where YOU wrote that God "sits idly by" Meaning He doesn't interfere, meaning we have free will, whether or not He knows what we're going to do.
so he isn`t omniscient, or omnipresent and he certainly isn`t omni-benevolent.

So why would he be called a god?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#595004 Jan 28, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
May I ask what is your faith in Christianity? I have many fellow christans and are wonderful people unlike you, who simple has just shown me that your a shame to the name of Christianity itself. Since your religion influences others to convert to its right path, I only see you doing the opposite. Ar eyou sure your not a zionist by any chance?
Nice.

Did you get that response from a can?

Funny how I comment that your religion perpetuates hatred & murder and you don't even flinch.....

I am a wonderful person, but I don't suffer fools gladly.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#595005 Jan 28, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
R u bloody joking?
U know, u even know how many fools convert to islam? Men, i kinda get but women, WTF! The women don't even get 72 virgin men! So why, SO WHY O WHY?
The thing about their religion is that once u become a muslim, Allah forgives u, so u can listen to music, do all the bad stuff, the real bad stuff too, then Allah still forgives u coz u muslim, coz that's the 'TRUE PATH'!!
The End!
Who the hell would want 72 virgins, anyway??

Why not 72 slutty braods that know what they're doing?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#595006 Jan 28, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
so he isn`t omniscient, or omnipresent and he certainly isn`t omni-benevolent.
So why would he be called a god?
What lead you to that conclusion?

Yes, He is omniscient, or omnipresent and omni-benevolent.

Just because He knows what you will do doesn't mean you can't choose what you do...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#595007 Jan 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there to bang your head against a wall in a good way?
:)
No.

Glasgow, UK

#595008 Jan 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What lead you to that conclusion?
Yes, He is omniscient, or omnipresent and omni-benevolent.
Just because He knows what you will do doesn't mean you can't choose what you do...
if the outcome is already known then you have no freedom of choice, it`s already predetermined. Why is that so difficult to grasp or are you actually avoiding thinking about it too deeply?

Location hidden

#595009 Jan 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you always be right when I'm always right?
There should be enough rightness to go around for both of us.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#595010 Jan 28, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>No.
Oh sorry, I was thinking "headboard", not "wall"....

;)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#595011 Jan 28, 2013
MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
if the outcome is already known then you have no freedom of choice, it`s already predetermined. Why is that so difficult to grasp or are you actually avoiding thinking about it too deeply?
Oh my goodness..... Are you really this dense?

Let's say you're on a road, ahead of you is a TEE, you can either turn right or left. You decide to turn left...

God knew you were gonna turn left, but you still made the choice to do it. God didn't make you do it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#595012 Jan 28, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
There should be enough rightness to go around for both of us.
OK, we'll share...

I find it curious that OCB popped in only one time - to defend the Jew joke...

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#595013 Jan 28, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
R u bloody joking?
U know, u even know how many fools convert to islam? Men, i kinda get but women, WTF! The women don't even get 72 virgin men! So why, SO WHY O WHY?
The thing about their religion is that once u become a muslim, Allah forgives u, so u can listen to music, do all the bad stuff, the real bad stuff too, then Allah still forgives u coz u muslim, coz that's the 'TRUE PATH'!!
The End!
Because in Islam you get to shut up, and after that you can cover up, and after that pray. What you aren't converting right away?

Glasgow, UK

#595014 Jan 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my goodness..... Are you really this dense?
Let's say you're on a road, ahead of you is a TEE, you can either turn right or left. You decide to turn left...
God knew you were gonna turn left, but you still made the choice to do it. God didn't make you do it.
Oh my goodness, are you really this fluffy in your reasoning?

god knew you were going to take the wrong fork in the road which led to eternal damnation and yet...he created you anyway.

The mind boggles at the excuses you make to enable this `thing` to exist. If no one actually spoke about a god/gods then what real existence would be manifested by god/gods?

Location hidden

#595015 Jan 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been so long you forgot how cherry feels? That's too bad. Don't hit the wife's for a couple of months, then go see/feel the difference. It gets very soft and silky when you give it a rest.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#595016 Jan 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
either way you will have 71 bitching, and 50% intermittent whining
and a 99% real risk of getting knifed in your sleep, every night.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#595017 Jan 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said virgins don't know what we're doing? It's not f*cking rocket science. I admit it gets better with practice, but so do all other things! And some people are naturally more talented than others! ;-)

These are virgins that are made specially for u for sex, so they know everything, they have just not been touched by another man!

O Redneck, u know nothing!:-p

Location hidden

#595018 Jan 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sorry, I was thinking "headboard", not "wall"....
;)
....huff....

"Everything's a nail to a hammer..." ~

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#595019 Jan 28, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Because in Islam you get to shut up, and after that you can cover up, and after that pray. What you aren't converting right away?
What? R u saying i talk to much, wear revealing clothes and i don't pray?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#595020 Jan 28, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Steven for replying.
"You're saying that your ONLY reason for not stealing, lying, raping, murdering, etc... is fear of holy retribution?" -
Many kept on asking me this, that's why I suggested u go read the thread I opened...anyway NO fear is one of the attributes we, not only fear but because we are devoted and love our god, we are faithful. Plus not just that it is also because in our nature (which as u believe) we are this way. this was instilled in us by God in case the righteous path has not reached you, thus you won't become a murderer because of those feelings God has instilled within you.
You're begging the question >>> What god?

Your god? The Christian god? Are they the same god?

Some other god?

Your holy book is relatively new by comparison. The KJV Bible is even newer. We have the Hebrew Bible and several other religions' texts at least as old as it is. What is it that should make yours, or anyone else's, appeal to anyone with the common sense to understand that they're all written by primitive men with primitive desires living in primitive societies?

They (religions and their respective gods and texts) CAN'T all be right. There are too many conflicting stories and philosophies for that to be possible.

They CAN all be wrong... which is why I, as an atheist, show no favoritism with respect the claims and assertions made by any single one of them... yours not withstanding.

YOUR god and YOUR religion are YOUR burdens and YOUR problems.

Thanks, but no thanks... I'm doing just fine without them.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#595021 Jan 28, 2013
"How can one be a Muslim *and* a good person? It's obvious the two are mutually exclusive to one another. If a Muslim is a good person, then they're that way in spite of their religion... not because of it." -
Not necessarily, have u forgotten hypocrites? Also someone could be a good person, as in our religion, we do not believe all those who are not religious go to hell..(or did you have that in mind?) upon death we can never know, for only God is all-knowing(omniscient - mr.chater..something loves that word) God will judge him. Not us, therefore we have no right to judge people even if they are not religious ones. Hence, a good person can be anyone, muslim or non-muslim. However, I simply cannot understand a good atheist if he has the chance to do bad, as long as he gets away with it and with his desire he would do it 100% unless he still slightly believes in God or is mentally retarded.
Fugg your god! Fugg all gods!

Does that sound like someone that even slightly fears that a god's gonna punish him? Does that sound like someone that, assuming a god does exist, believes it would give a sh!t what he thinks?

If you think I'm mentally retarded... well, if you're unable to realize that I'm not... then maybe you are.

I dunno. I don't care.
"Do you deny that the atrocious behavior of Muslims... ALL MUSLIMS; every single one of them... their vile, despicable, and evil deeds... are perpetrated in effort to align themselves with and to please Allah?" -
Those whom you speak of are simply non-muslims in our eyes, as they would be opposing our religion, therefore are not accepted as on of us."But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." which religion would that be? Islam (shiite path never) perhaps what u speak of are the extremists wahhabis whom I've already mentioned to redneck.
Why should I accept your claims over those made by any other religious adherent?

Does something make you think Prof. Weinberg may have been singling out Islam with that quote of his that I tacked on to the end of my post? A guilty conscience perhaps?

Why should the "Shiite path" be given special consideration? Because it's the path you chose?

Why don't good Muslims do something about bad Muslims? Why don't good Christians do something about bad Christians? Why do they both, instead, slander each other and anyone else not agreeing with them?

Why do all of you ignore your own 'screw-ups'?

IOW... if you want to admonish a Wahhabi, then why tell an atheist how evil atheists are? Why not tell a Wahhabi?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#595022 Jan 28, 2013
...how evil a Wahhabi is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 29 min Freebird USA 30,843
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 52 min Doctor REALITY 5
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 52 min Seentheotherside 687,215
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Seentheotherside 619,790
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 2 hr Classic 4,313
ex wives of PTSD veterans (Mar '12) 3 hr Sandy 40
News Mitt Romney surges, leads Obama in polls (Oct '12) 4 hr Oneryders Daughter 13
More from around the web