Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

#594376 Jan 27, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe because she doesn't want to waste her time, knowing how you would have answered my question.
....Ask a silly question, get a silly answer.....simple as that

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#594377 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we are different, I have no need to explain how because we are different in so many ways you can look it up, but we respect all religions and respect other non-believers as humans, but we do not respect those who disdain us and our religion.
You are from the same bloody tree! How can u not get that?

Some of your rituals are the same and some are different, but that doesn't mean you're not from the same family!

"we respect all religions and respect other non-believers as humans"

Your history says a lot different, lol, read it!

Kuwait, Kuwait

#594378 Jan 27, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe because she doesn't want to waste her time, knowing how you would have answered my question.
and what about my reply with the story about that sick little girls? is she a waste of time too?

Kuwait, Kuwait

#594379 Jan 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I have no need to because it fails the first assertion. "God's direct words" is a lie!
Gods direct words were brought down on the quran, thus one of the example is the Earth is spherical. So your saying that the Earth is spherical is a lie?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#594380 Jan 27, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
DUH, what friggin planet are you on?? where have you been.
Between worlds where evil and its consequences exist. A time where humanity is out of harmony with God. After creation where there was harmony and before a time when there will be harmaony again.
In case you hadn't noticed, men have been taking away the rights of other men for thousands of years.
How long did Europeans and Americans take slaves from Africa??
This nation almost split because of slavery.
What did Hitler, Mao, Stalin do???
Human right are an objective reality even if violated by other humans who are atheistic in their thinking. Since they obviously believe they do not have to give account to God if they can escape human justice.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#594381 Jan 27, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I have studied it in the medical world and if you knew why the mind goes into this state then you would understand why it describes religious people very well. Delusion and faith share many components..
My friend has too..he explained to me but still he cannot explain this -

When a person is at his death he feels the presence of God whyyyy???

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#594382 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
its not soft. In fact its very tough and shields them well. Plus they carry 20times their own weight..I see your knowledge is dusty. read the newest discoveries. Passed..was not a nerd though I just love biology and majored in microbiology for 3 years ;)
Doubtful that you studied biology extensively, since you still did not comprehend. Solid objects cannot move, that is why life forms are mostly soft tissue. The exoskeleton adds a certain advantage, such as in weight lifting, but requires more energy to move. Thus the thicker the exoskeleton, the more soft tissue and more oxygen that the organism requires when on land. It's still mostly soft tissue. Why don't you look it up in your books, or are all your biology books based on religious nonsense as well?

Location hidden

#594383 Jan 27, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, people give in to the dogma of religion out of superstition and fear. God does not need religion. Religion needs a God.
<quoted text>
No, not traditionally. I believe that religious people are arrogant, and it is through this arrogance that they proclaim that they know what "god" wants and attempts to speak for god. It is also through this arrogance that they claim that "we are in gods image".
My beliefs are very simple, that there is a power greater than us, but .......... Shouldnt we be realizing that we have more in common with our neighbor, and try to elevate each other to make this world a better place? This can never happen as long as there are made up religions with their rules and their labels.
We believe the exact same thing, there is a power greater than us, we only need to look at birth and death to understand they are not in our power. We believe religion is meaningless, but it's such a shame that even guru Nanak's philosophy has become a religion. Some people would even argue that Darwinism has become like a blumin' religion!! You can't win with this world!

We look at God the way we want to see it. Greedy people think there is a heaven waiting for them, people who can't control sex drive think they r getting 72 virgins, all that sh*t and more!!!

Sure, we should take care of each other, but it's not going to happen in a world where scientists like James Watson make stupid claims that black people are thick coz they born that way! We don't have enough knowledge to make stupid claims like that!!

We never going to get peace until atheists and religious people, drop the know it all act! This is what i'm fed up with, religious and non-religious nuts who think they have the answers, when we clearly don't! Then they all try to force those answers down our faces! I ain't having it from either of 'em!!!

I need to eat some potato salad, u want some?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#594384 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Wishful thinking combined with hallucinations caused by lack of oxygen to the brain. A very well understood phenomenon. What you should be asking is why none of them report the exact same thing and why there are more versions of this "feeling" than there are religions?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#594385 Jan 27, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly.
<quoted text> BS. The Civil War, WW1 and WW2 were not religious wars. There may have been a religious component but they were fought for other reasons. Most wars were fought for reasons other than religion exclusively..
Gee where in my post did I say religion was the major instigator for WWI & WWII.

what I said was that Hitler thought he was doing the work of the Christian god in his efforts to exterminate Jews.

here's a whole website about that

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm

Whether you like it or not, Christianity was used to justify both slavery and the Holocaust. I never said the doctrine of Christianity supports that, only that people use Christianity to support their evil

Most wars in Medieval times were religious wars...check your history
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>I answered that! You ignore a boatload! The fact they were given 400 years to turn things around falls on deaf ears! The list of offenses. The fact they were time specific..
Fact is the Israelites used their beliefs to justify rape, pillage and burn other kingdoms by stating that their god commanded them to do it, so its okay
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Muslem aggression..
No, the pope started the Crusades

"The Crusades started in 1095 when Pope Claremont preached the First Crusade at the Council of Claremont. The Pope's preaching led to thousands immediately affixing the cross to their garments - the name Crusade given to the Holy Wars came from old French word 'crois' meaning 'cross'. The Crusades were great military expeditions undertaken by the Christian nations of Europe for the purpose of rescuing the holy places of Palestine from the hands of the Mohammedans. They were eight in number, the first four being sometimes called the Principal Crusades, and the remaining four the Minor Crusades. In addition there was a Children's Crusade. There were several other expeditions "

http://www.middle-ages.org.uk/the-crusades.ht...
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Do you define Christianity by atrocities committed in defiance of the teachings of its Founder? The mis use of a thing do not invalidate the legitimate use of a thing..
and yet you blame all atheists for the actions of other atheists like Stalin and Mao...who's artocies had more to do with politics and staying in power than to advance the cause of atheism

do you know the meaning of the word HYPOCRITE??/

For a definition, look in the mirror

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>Slavery was universal in the ancient world. With or without the Bible. Slavery did not derive from the Bible. If so prove it!.

Never said slavery was derived from the bible, but that the bible was used to support slavery in modern times

I also suggest you reread your bible, particularly the old testament. The bible condoned slavery,even to the point of a man selling his daughter into slavery

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
Your definition has nothing to do with the teachings of Jesus. You define Christianity by atrocities committed but that has never .
damn right, I define christianity by how those who profess to be christians act....

Location hidden

#594386 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Gods direct words were brought down on the quran, thus one of the example is the Earth is spherical. So your saying that the Earth is spherical is a lie?
Educated and curious people knew the shape of the earth, long before the quran! It got nothing to do with religion!

Well, the quran also say's u should literally beat your women! Go on and do Allah's work before he sends u to hell for a certain period of time, i know u Muslims can't go to hell for an eternity, u Allah's special people, yes u r!!!

Also, tell your Allah to tell us how to cure cancer! Thanks!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#594387 Jan 27, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
The Civil War, WW1 and WW2 were not religious wars.
Slavery was the catalyst for the civil war. There are many similarities between slavery and religion.

The cause of World War 1 was a visit to Serbia from Austria's Archduke where he was assassinated by one of many angry Serbians who was mistreated by the Austrian Government. They felt mistreated because the Austrian Government enforced higher taxes to pay for churches. On the Western Front there was certainly no religious aspect to what went on. However, the Western Front was NOT the only front in the War. Elsewhere, there was fighting in territories that had formed part of the Ottoman Empire, and while WW1 was going on there was religiously-motivated genocide. The Ottomans killed hundreds of thousands of people who were members of the Assyrian Community, whose religious affiliation was mainly Christian.

Hitler was an extreme christian and made many references to his Christianity during his speeches during WWII.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/speeches.htm
Slavery was universal in the ancient world.
Slavery is still going strong throughout the world.
stop polical correctness

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#594388 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
I died in my sleep not a friend or I know somebody who told me: Me I died in my sleep and didnt show up for work and my co-workers could not get hold of me so they called local police who came to my house. I live in a very secure neighborhood and leave my front door closed, but unlocked most of the time so the police officer came to my bedroom, he started CPR, called fire rescue and I woke up in ICU on a ventilator. I went to bed at 9PM or so and next thing I know I am in ICU with a tube down my lungs. No magical tunnels, no light shining, no floating above myself, just NOTHING. By nothing I mean the absence of everything. No dreams, no visions, no presence of anything felt, NOTHING, NADA. Well except extreme confusion when I woke up the next day and was looking at the ceiling of a hospital room and my two co-workers standing next to the bed and a ventilator on the other side with a couple medical professionals messing around me. I am a RN, so a figured where I was, but not what happened. Again there was nothing. No fear, no happiness, nothing.
stop polical correctness

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#594389 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wishful thinking combined with hallucinations caused by lack of oxygen to the brain. A very well understood phenomenon. What you should be asking is why none of them report the exact same thing and why there are more versions of this "feeling" than there are religions?
Agree 100%

Location hidden

#594390 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
....Ask a silly question, get a silly answer...
It has been noted that you ask silly questions, and that you are a weasel and couldn't answer her question or mine. Thank you.

Location hidden

#594391 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
and what about my reply with the story about that sick little girls? is she a waste of time too?
I know nothing about that part of the conversation, but would be happy to reply to it if you wish to restate it.

Location hidden

#594392 Jan 27, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
EXCELLENT POST, SOME REAL GEMS...BRAVO
Thank you. Very kind of you.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#594393 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful that you studied biology extensively, since you still did not comprehend. Solid objects cannot move, that is why life forms are mostly soft tissue. The exoskeleton adds a certain advantage, such as in weight lifting, but requires more energy to move. Thus the thicker the exoskeleton, the more soft tissue and more oxygen that the organism requires when on land. It's still mostly soft tissue. Why don't you look it up in your books, or are all your biology books based on religious nonsense as well?
I don't need to look it up I already saw many wonder and documentaries. I understand it is hard for you to accept uninterpreted phenomenons. however you said it your self...An EXOSKELETON yes. of course they have a lot of fluid and tissue u don't have to sound smart about it. Any dumb ass would know. So don't u get it now?? exoskeleton break not squashed unlike a cockroach's exoskeleton. Its as if you are wearing full armor that's simply how ants are. Which back then many question why the Qur'an says break.

Location hidden

#594394 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
You should have been here last week when this was covered. First, not everyone feels the same thing. Second, It is basically a chemical reaction in our brains and can easily be recreated under laboratory conditions.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#594395 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
hmm thus becoming religious after living (MOST OF THEM) explain that too hmmm?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 3 min Johnny 4,837
Gay snapchat names 45 min Sxybest11 163
What changes in Local search ranking on Google ... 55 min vitaltrafficsolution 1
2002 Ford Explorer Sport Keypad Code Location (Apr '11) 1 hr chas 8
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 1 hr eragonlove321 213
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 605,275
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 265,377
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr hojo 560,141
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Freebird USA 175,775
Why Im no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 15 hr Lumajuice 441,807
More from around the web