Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#594403 Jan 27, 2013
alan wrote:
<quoted text>So, Hitler followed this, how?
Don't know what you mean alan.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#594404 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
I stated something important do not see Sunni muslim path I AM SHIITE and this is how we are yes we are somewhat different form others. But, it is the path that I follow and love.
Also I read my history well, since i became 20 I started questioning my faith and now I have found the best man who can reply to anything u can think of about my faith here is the link - http://www.sayedammar.com/sayedammarnakshc.ht...
do not worry his lectures are all in English.
My Muslim friends are sunni and oh dear, they hate your asses!

I know about Muslims but i'll have a look at those videos some other time. I can understand urdu, but not arabi, for your kind information.

So, do u beat yourself?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#594405 Jan 27, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
This is very nice to know.
<quoted text>
This is a very good point. If we as humans cannot understand the forces of birth and death, then how could we possibly understand the "power greater than us" who created them? Religion makes no sense. It is just a crutch for some very weak gullible people. It does not serve mankind.
<quoted text>Religion is an addiction for many. Addictions are hard to fight, especially when religion makes them codependent.
All I can say is be the change you wish to see in the world.
U didn't tell me if u wanted any potato salad?

We got arbi in the house too, if u'd like to try some?

Should i give u good news, it started raining here, i'm so happy, i said bye-bye to the snow today!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#594406 Jan 27, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
Never said slavery was derived from the bible, but that the bible was used to support slavery in modern times
Critics find common ground with pro slavery southern racists when they use the Bible for the same reasons and ignore the fact the Bible was also used to argue against slavery since peole had no universal right to own other people who are in the image of God. So there is not a dimes worth of difference in your thinking and the thinking of racists who misused Scripture to justisfy an abomination. Again and again your definitions has to do with atrocities as the norm and ignore the teachings of its Founder which is incorrect and bigoted. Your real problem is with Scripture and not slavery and you use slavery to discredit Scripture which is your real agenda.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#594407 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Well any reason why it happens only during death? Personally I think upon death the person realizes so suddenly that he is dying and that somehow he will go to hell if he was a bad person. Starts remembering God. This is so because we believe that any human who is born, God instills in him the instinct on believing that God exists.
god does no such thing

your parents brainwash you into these silly religious beliefs and now you cant think for yourself.

if you were raised atheist,gods and hell woud mean nothing to you

www.thereligionofpeace.com

www.evilbible.com

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#594408 Jan 27, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> How do you objectively determine who is a nut and who is not? Truth floats my boat when it comes to major life questions.
As Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart said, regarding what it takes for material to be obscene:

I know it when I see it.

You're darn close, from what I see.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#594409 Jan 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's part of our free will. God gave us free will to do as we choose, without free will there'd be no love. The only way you could love would be for God to force you to love-which is not love.
What creates suffering? People do. People with free will, specifically sinful people with free will. Which we all have.
God created everything in the universe, evil is not a thing or a substance; it is a privation or lack in things (blindness is lack of sight, pain is lack of health, hate or murder is lack of love). God didn't create evil.
If you're willing to assume that God allows children to be molested, then are you ready to assume that God also allows other children to be geniuses?
I would be willing to classify your god as "privation" and evil by association especially in light of the 2-3000 year Pending charge : AWOL--There comes a time one must issue a "certificate of death" in lieu of reasonable absence disparity.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#594410 Jan 27, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever floats your boat!
I'm just disgusted with the attitude of all nuts, whether they are religious or not!
All nuts are not offensive. Some are sweet.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#594411 Jan 27, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My problem is with innocent little children who suffer and then die of cancer.
No other person did anything to the child.
Just your lousy god who allows this.
Perhaps we could work together an petition the court to indict. We may never apprehend this criminal, but if decision is reached, it is possible that we can indict(under same petition) and apprehend any accomplices or followers and torture and burn them in an effort to reduce any further damage to society...just as church did 600 years ago or so.

Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

#594412 Jan 27, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
My Muslim friends are sunni and oh dear, they hate your asses!
I know about Muslims but i'll have a look at those videos some other time. I can understand urdu, but not arabi, for your kind information.
So, do u beat yourself?
I must say I'm sad to hear about your Sunni friends, since I have many Sunni friends and there is no hatred between us. Let me point out an important point here, are the Sunni or "Wahhabi"? because the Sunnis do not hate us only the extreme ones which then become wahhabis.

And no we do not beat ourselves. there are 12 Imam's I'm a Shiite jaafari, which means I follow Imam Jaffar Alsadik's teachings. For in that too we have what we called "maraji'a" I follow the Sistani, whom he follow Imam Jaffar's Teachings. Some Shiite beat themselves, we do not. We find it wrong for a person to inflict any injuries on themselves.

I find Urdu very hard, I have 1 friend who can speak Urdu.

Location hidden

#594413 Jan 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly, Yahweh is the god of war, and bringer of evil.
Says so himself.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
I don't remember seeing all of that in the bible.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#594415 Jan 27, 2013
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
god does no such thing
your parents brainwash you into these silly religious beliefs and now you cant think for yourself.
if you were raised atheist,gods and hell woud mean nothing to you
www.thereligionofpeace.com
www.evilbible.com
"if you were raised atheist,gods and hell woud mean nothing to you" I had my doubts in my religion and got disturbed when I reached 20, but after that I begun reading the fiq and sharee'a instead of only relying on the bases of our religion.I also read the bible and torah, plus came across many other religions. Until I have researched, studied well, I then came across Sayid Ammar which I pasted the link in a previous post. If u wish to hear just google Sayid Ammar and hear some of his lectures all in English. And now I'm relaxed, my parents brought me up as a muslim yes. Back then I use to say I'm a muslim because I was born to be a muslim and brought up this way. Now I say, I'm a muslim because I want to be and that I know it is the right path.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#594416 Jan 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I don't remember seeing all of that in the bible.
Isaiah 45:7

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#594417 Jan 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>All nuts are not offensive. Some are sweet.
Some nuts are harder to crack.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#594418 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
lol? I told u I already saw the newest researches and u tell me I wanna remain uneducated? hah
Considering you don't even know how to conjugate "research" correctly, you just supported my assertion.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#594419 Jan 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I don't remember seeing all of that in the bible.
The mythic deity in the bible also uses an evil spirit to its advantage, which, really contradicts the claims you sometimes see from some Abrahmic theists that the deity can't associate itself with "evil", as if it is impossible, and yet....

23 And God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:)24 that the violence done to the threescore and ten sons of Jerubbaal might come, and that their blood might be laid upon Abimelech their brother, who slew them, and upon the men of Shechem, who strengthened his hands to slay his brethren.
Judges 9:23-24

It does this on a few occasions, and it's generally explained away, poorly.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#594420 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
I have mentioned this before in the thread sadly I can't find my post...I'll try and be brief. A child becoming sick is also a test...You must be thankful to Allah Always in everytime of happyness and suffering read. That small child having cancer or anything first of all. Gets into heaven if he dies. Second it lives, the child will have a stronger will and patience than you. Third as I said it is a test for you..will you curse God or accept what God does. God has brought you this child, it is not YOURS sure u worked a little but the rest was a blessing to you, he has simply taken it back. Plus there are always advantages to everything. for instance someone who is blind is refrained from sinning through his eyes. Someone who is deaf can not overhear or spy with his ears. I'm not saying its better, but there are always reasons that are far beyond our reasoning. The problem here is that you always try to compare yourselves to God, just because we are intelligent beings, do not forget who is your creator. If you created sand can it surpass you in shape and figure? God has created you and your brain therefore you will never surpass or even come near him by your wisdom. Unless HE has allowed it.
And that child who is sick is never left or forgotten, God watches all and loves those who keep their divinity towards him. In your case your saying the cry of the lonely oppressed ones is never heard and the oppressor gets away with it...sadly this gives atheists some evil ideas since they don't believe in God..this is another discussion anyways lastly this is also a sign of Gods powers that even the new born can be defected yet they can still live happily, for example look at Nick Vujicic he has tetra amelia syndrome but he is one of the happyist of the happyists out there. How do you reply to that?
Also it is part of life cycle yes, I mean people like you think its better and better if doctors keep on finding cures and antidotes for living and living as much as possible, but have you asked yourself why diseases exist then? Its not nice thinking this way but its true (you like this idea..) diseases help lower the population which help in sooooooo many things u can think of.
stretch of logic...you go back into facts..tell me I also forgot to say this to KittenKoder did Aristotel and Newton and others have fasts back then? no they were thinking much beyond facts until then they managed to prove what they had. You are now like the men back then who think that we are loons but on the day of judgement the exact will happen to was newton and others proved many ages ago.
@stoppolicalcorrectness...I have not recieved any reply form you about this...does this mean you agree with me now?^^

Location hidden

#594421 Jan 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 45:7
There's nothing wrong with light and dark.
stop polical correctness

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#594422 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Well any reason why it happens only during death? Personally I think upon death the person realizes so suddenly that he is dying and that somehow he will go to hell if he was a bad person. Starts remembering God. This is so because we believe that any human who is born, God instills in him the instinct on believing that God exists.
No - that doesn't happen. People's own brains create the phenomena based on their experiences. Also hell and heaven, what is all that about? How many people/souls have died during that past 4 million years, not to mention all the other living creatures? Can anybody figure that out? I ask as how infinite is heaven and hell? Must be one huge ginormous place to house the billions and billions of souls/dead people. Come on; think about it; letís say 10,000 years ago, when some people think the world appeared and Adam and Eve and all that happened is the beginning of time. Every year 50 million or so people die nowadays, so extrapolate that back and average to a billion trillion quadrillion multihextabillion people have died. Heaven and hell must be BIG.
stop polical correctness

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#594423 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
@stoppolicalcorrectness...I have not recieved any reply form you about this...does this mean you agree with me now?^^
My silence is not agreement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 3 min Rosa_Winkel 3,589
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Regina 584,463
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 7 min Freebird USA 9,341
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 min Wolftracks 2,267
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 min karl44 442,889
Why do Women get tattoos when its so ugly! (Sep '11) 15 min T360DA 51
Poll Have You Ever Taken Part In Public Nudity? (Dec '07) 19 min sandman6969 825
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Mary T 611,835
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 16 hr Rosa_Winkel 98,992
More from around the web