Comments
564,181 - 564,200 of 733,286 Comments Last updated 13 min ago

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#594135 Jan 26, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Great. Read it. I did, and thought it was excellent.
It's cheap, it's very short, and it has tiny little chapters.
you have set the goalposts "mighty" high, for the theist who wishes to promote his god of ignorance
hmm

Widnes, UK

#594136 Jan 26, 2013
hmmmm

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#594137 Jan 26, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
typical of the (christian) theist, you wish to promote ignorance.
There is no pool of ignorance too small in which to build the christian god.
Ok

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#594138 Jan 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a joke.
A bad one.
I don't know, i never get jokes anyway.

I believe in an imaginary sky papa, too. Does that mean u don't like me?:-(

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

#594139 Jan 26, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Si!
Don't act all innocent, it ain't gonna work, u done the crime now do the time!
http://youtu.be/qRa9uhiAPBs

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#594140 Jan 26, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Noun: apologetics
1. The branch of theology that is concerned with the defense of Christian doctrines
WordWeb Pro 6.0
hahahahaaahahaa
Yes, I know what apologetics is. Reasoned arguments or writings in justification of something, typically a theory or religious doctrine.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#594141 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cosmological redshift is seen due to the expansion of the universe, and sufficiently distant light sources, generally more than a few million light years away.
So..... They assume that light they're seeing that is millions of years old tells us what is happening today?
Sorry, that's a load of arrogant shit.
Saying that's a load of arrogant shit is a load of ignorant shit.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#594142 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cosmological redshift is seen due to the expansion of the universe, and sufficiently distant light sources, generally more than a few million light years away.
So..... They assume that light they're seeing that is millions of years old tells us what is happening today?
Sorry, that's a load of arrogant shit.
Gawd damn, you're an idiot!

Light that's millions of years old provides clues as to what was happening millions of years ago.

It's our present understanding of light's properties and how it propagates that tells we're on the right track.

You don't care to understand because it would conflict with that preconceived notion mentioned earlier.

Feel free, next time you or one of your boys gets a speeding ticket, to argue with the officer because that radar gun is nothing more than a hoax perpetrated by godless heathens.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#594143 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Redneck, they have told u a million times why! r u a goldfish?

I know i am too, but u a goldfish who banged his head on the glass tank, too many times!:-)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#594144 Jan 26, 2013
hmm wrote:
hmmmm
people from Manchester are strange! hmmmmmmm!

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

#594145 Jan 26, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love the raven by Edgar Allan Poe! Don't u?
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, drunk and bleary,
Over many a tattered page of newsprint from two days before,
While I squatted, pants a-flapping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As I sat in silence, crapping - rapping at my outhouse door.
" 'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my outhouse door;
Only this, and nothing more."

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#594146 Jan 26, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, i never get jokes anyway.
I believe in an imaginary sky papa, too. Does that mean u don't like me?:-(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rz3amz5crbgXX
You, I like a lot, Clementine.

Your imaginary sky papa, not so much.

I'm always intimidated when I walk through your front door.

He's so suspicious, authoritarian and demanding.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#594147 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know what apologetics is. Reasoned arguments or writings in justification of something, typically a theory or religious doctrine.
Try "rationalized" instead of "reasoned".

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#594148 Jan 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying that's a load of arrogant shit is a load of ignorant shit.
Well, with that kind if argument you've almost got me convinced!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#594149 Jan 26, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, i never get jokes anyway.
I believe in an imaginary sky papa, too. Does that mean u don't like me?:-(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =rz3amz5crbgXX
Absolutely not!

You're doing just fine.

One nit to pick...

Do you believe "it" to be imaginary?... cuz that's kinda how you stated it.

Gotta be careful when dealing with yahoos like me.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#594150 Jan 26, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Gawd damn, you're an idiot!
Light that's millions of years old provides clues as to what was happening millions of years ago.
It's our present understanding of light's properties and how it propagates that tells we're on the right track.
You don't care to understand because it would conflict with that preconceived notion mentioned earlier.
Feel free, next time you or one of your boys gets a speeding ticket, to argue with the officer because that radar gun is nothing more than a hoax perpetrated by godless heathens.
What makes you think that our "present understanding of light's properties" is accurate?

Arrogance.

Anything to make you feel smarter.

Good luck with that.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#594151 Jan 26, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Redneck, they have told u a million times why! r u a goldfish?
I know i am too, but u a goldfish who banged his head on the glass tank, too many times!:-)
He said "the god of the christian bible is the most vile entity ever imagined".

I've yet to have been told why.

So I asked him why....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#594152 Jan 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying that's a load of arrogant shit is a load of ignorant shit.
You know, sometimes i think all u 'guys', including me, are like dogs chasing their tails, we just keep going around and around and around and around and around and AROUND, we not going to get anywhere, we just going to get dizzy and all fall down...hip hip hooraaaayyyy!

Ring-a-ring-a-roses. A pocket full of posies, Atishoo! Atishoo!
We all fall down!!!

What u think?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#594153 Jan 26, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, drunk and bleary,
Over many a tattered page of newsprint from two days before,
While I squatted, pants a-flapping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As I sat in silence, crapping - rapping at my outhouse door.
" 'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my outhouse door;
Only this, and nothing more."
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, doubting...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#594154 Jan 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But you a boat's wake is caused by a boat because you can observe the boat float by and cause a wake....
We do not have to ever see a boat to visualize a wake though either.
Just as we never saw a 6 mile diameter asteroid strike the Earth, to cause the KT Extinction event. However we can calculate the effects and gather the evidence that it did occur. O ye of little science.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min RoSesz 539,249
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min Stephania 600,026
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 25 min JUDEletePete 118,020
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 28 min MUQ1 258,091
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 37 min KiMare 226,399
Restaurants in Pune 41 min sahasunil 1
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 52 min KiMare 94,694
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 2 hr Don 91
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••