Prove there's a god.

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#594344 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies? The quran mentions the world is spherical in shape is that a lie? also mentions many more, suck as the ants break when stepped on instead of squashed, because scientists proved that ants' bodies are mostly solid and breakable..is that a lie? there is nothing you can prove wrong in the quran I know you like facts so read the facts in the quran about the creations and earth and just point out a single lie if you can.

The Qur'an is just another guide of ideology to align people to an cause in effort to build a Empire. As a follower you agree, I do not agree with the Torah the Qur'an or the Holy Bible.
The lie is simple on your behalf, the
Qur'an is God's direct words revealed in Arabic to the Prophet Muhammad.

A lie as much as the Torah is God's direct words or the bible being God's direct words.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#594345 Jan 27, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Ignoring evidence and discounting all of Human History including the Declaration of Independence where human rights are derived from God, not men is irrational. Again, atheism is self centered and infantile. It answers nothing when it comes to major life questions. It is incomplete. Bankrupt. Atheism is the major precident for all atrocities against man and nature since there is no accountability to God for anything!
Really, atheism is responsible for all the major atrocities against man because there is no accountability to god for anything.

Gee and almost all the major atrocities and genocides committed throughout history were committed in the name of god, particularly the Judeo-Christian god.

Have you ever read your own Bible. God commands the Israelites on many occasions to commit genocide in his name, wiping out entire kingdoms. Not only did they kill the men, but the children and animals too. In many cases the women were spared to be raped and taken as slaves.

Skip forward to the European Middle Ages and the centuries of religious warfare between.....Who????/

wait for it.......

yup, CHRISTIANS.

who started the Crusades?
who started the Inquisition (no not the Mel Brooks version)
who started the Spanish Inquistion

Europeans were satisfied with killing themselves, they went and colonized the world, in order to spread the world of god

wiping out thousands of native civilizations around the globe

and gee who started that whole slavery thing, using the Bible and the story of Noah's son Shem to justify slavery

fast forward to the 20th century

Hitler thought he was doing the work of God by eliminating the Jewish race

or more recent history the genocides of the 90's Balkan wars, started by the Serbs, all christians...
even the genocide in Rwhanda has its roots in Christianity.

Dude, give me a break....Christianity is one of the most brutual, genocide committing religions the world has ever seen

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#594346 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
An entomologist you are not. Ants, like all insects, are mostly liquid, they are exoskeletal, not solid.

Lots of amino acids though.^^

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#594347 Jan 27, 2013
Clementia wrote:
if u start giving meaning to life, people create a God
No, people give in to the dogma of religion out of superstition and fear. God does not need religion. Religion needs a God.
@Mylan...u r not an atheist?
No, not traditionally. I believe that religious people are arrogant, and it is through this arrogance that they proclaim that they know what "god" wants and attempts to speak for god. It is also through this arrogance that they claim that "we are in gods image".

My beliefs are very simple, that there is a power greater than us, but also that we as humans could never begin to comprehend anything about it. I think it's impossible to try to prove there'a s god, and impossible to prove that there isn't. Maybe there once was a god but god no longer exist, who knows? People try to prove theres a god so that then they can leap to the conclusion that god must have "rules" and only they know what they are.

The universe is what it is. We would be smaller than a speck of sand on the bottom of gods shoe. Even if you could prove that god still existed he would have to be pretty insecure to expect us to be his slave. The laws of nature are already in place. For better or worse the Earth developed over time. We're like leaves in the wind. That scares religious people because they need structure of some kind. All compassion comes from one human to another, not from any god. The point of life is to help each other, to make this world, which is our only environment, a better place for us all. We need to do this because there have been many species on this planet that have come and gone. There is no guarantee that humans will continue for all time, in-fact the odds are against us. People need to work together to make this planet a better place for everyone, and religion works against that. It implies that one team religion is better than another. So men fight amongst themselves through religion and it only hurts mankind, not elevate it. All you need to do is look at the senselessness of the middle east to see how pointless and foolish religion is.

Imagine if people understood that there is only one race - the human race, and that we’re all in this together. Imagine if we as humans realized that there is strength in numbers. What’s the saying? United we stand, divided we fall. Imagine if we learned to understand and value each others cultures, and looked at each other as neighbors with similar interests rather than adversaries. Then we would be more vested in taking better care of each other. Imagine if all those people in the middle east put down their weapons and worked together to try to help each other. Imagine how much better this world would be.

I think the problem is with the word 'god'. People hear it and have a knee jerk reaction to it one way or the other. We could never define that word, and trying to define god is only a waste of time, such as all religion is a waste of time. I think it was the ancient American Indian culture that believed that there is no word, and no sound, that could ever describe god, and that’s a very rational way to look at it. So why make things up and try to claim that god is this or god is that? When people do this through religion it hurts mankind as a whole, and putting labels on each other only hurts us all the more. Shouldn’t we be realizing that we have more in common with our neighbor, and try to elevate each other to make this world a better place? This can never happen as long as there are made up religions with their rules and their labels.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#594348 Jan 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Lots of amino acids though.^^
Tasty ones too.:P

Since: Jan 13

Kuwait, Kuwait

#594349 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You support shooting a young girl for wanting to learn, it is you who is sick. You also support child rape and slavery.
Its either one of those two - you have heard wrong about us/ met bad muslims who we do not see them as ones or simply lying/just despise us for some reason you won't tell..

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#594350 Jan 27, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, atheism is responsible for all the major atrocities against man because there is no accountability to god for anything.
Gee and almost all the major atrocities and genocides committed throughout history were committed in the name of god, particularly the Judeo-Christian god.
Have you ever read your own Bible. God commands the Israelites on many occasions to commit genocide in his name, wiping out entire kingdoms. Not only did they kill the men, but the children and animals too. In many cases the women were spared to be raped and taken as slaves.
Skip forward to the European Middle Ages and the centuries of religious warfare between.....Who????/
wait for it.......
yup, CHRISTIANS.
who started the Crusades?
who started the Inquisition (no not the Mel Brooks version)
who started the Spanish Inquistion
Europeans were satisfied with killing themselves, they went and colonized the world, in order to spread the world of god
wiping out thousands of native civilizations around the globe
and gee who started that whole slavery thing, using the Bible and the story of Noah's son Shem to justify slavery
fast forward to the 20th century
Hitler thought he was doing the work of God by eliminating the Jewish race
or more recent history the genocides of the 90's Balkan wars, started by the Serbs, all christians...
even the genocide in Rwhanda has its roots in Christianity.
Dude, give me a break....Christianity is one of the most brutual, genocide committing religions the world has ever seen
Exactly, Yahweh is the god of war, and bringer of evil.
Says so himself.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Location hidden

#594351 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
You said our God is a vicious monster, how can you prove that?
And what if she could, wouldn't you just try to find some way to justify it, so that you could stay addicted to your delusion?

Kuwait, Kuwait

#594352 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
An entomologist you are not. Ants, like all insects, are mostly liquid, they are exoskeletal, not solid.
An entomologist YOU are not, an ants body is mostly made of chitin (polysaccharides) we take this in primary school...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#594353 Jan 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Exactly, Yahweh is the god of war, and bringer of evil.
Says so himself.
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
I've got this one for you, lightbeamrider.

PROPAGANDA!

DEITY DENIER!

BLASPHEMER!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#594354 Jan 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Human rights were not derived from god ,
Assertion.
it was the only way to explain they cannot be taken away by men.
If atheism is right then rights are from men and they can be taken away by men.
It is tied to the concept of Sovereignty.
Atheism has no objective concept of sovereignty which applies to all peoples at all times.
They are explained to be endowed by the creator, you mistake the creator as god, but the creator is the sovereign rights written down as a collective of people.
God as depicted is Creator. A collective of people is insufficient cause for universal human rights since these things would be determine by those in power. Our rights are from God and apply to all people everywhere. They include both rights and duties to our fellow men to help the weak, feed and clothe the poor. To be our brothers keeper. All this is inherent in human nature. It is who we are. Grand ideas have no molecules and are bullet proof. They do not die. They do have effects.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#594355 Jan 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The Qur'an is just another guide of ideology to align people to an cause in effort to build a Empire. As a follower you agree, I do not agree with the Torah the Qur'an or the Holy Bible.
The lie is simple on your behalf, the
Qur'an is God's direct words revealed in Arabic to the Prophet Muhammad.
A lie as much as the Torah is God's direct words or the bible being God's direct words.
you have not answered me well.. I said point out a LIE in the quran about creations or earth now. Just one thing if you can find any. Simply google quran in English and see if you find a lie there. If you do you have my word that I will be a non-muslim, Lets see if you can show me if u dare.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#594356 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
An entomologist YOU are not, an ants body is mostly made of chitin (polysaccharides) we take this in primary school...
Um ... again, no. It's mostly soft tissue, like all animals, the skeleton is on the outside, that's the difference. Gah, so you didn't even make it out of third grade.

Location hidden

#594357 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
Explain how "thinking beyond" science and logic has actually benefited us.
Victor Belmont wrote:
Sure, ever heard of intuitions?
Intuitions are nothing more than unconscious reasoning, and so they are a science. She asked you to explain how "thinking BEYOND" science and logic has actually benefited us. try again.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#594358 Jan 27, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>And what if she could, wouldn't you just try to find some way to justify it, so that you could stay addicted to your delusion?
Be my guest I did not see her reply to that..

Location hidden

#594359 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
you are lost my friend unless you are willing to allow yourself to listen beyond the facts.
There is nothing beyond the facts. Believing there is becomes the very definition of the word delusion.

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#594361 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>

Fact remains, if you compress all the fluids and space out a ant,
the solid mass is far less than the total mass. All living things
follow this as a general rule.

Kuwait, Kuwait

#594362 Jan 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um ... again, no. It's mostly soft tissue, like all animals, the skeleton is on the outside, that's the difference. Gah, so you didn't even make it out of third grade.
its not soft. In fact its very tough and shields them well. Plus they carry 20times their own weight..I see your knowledge is dusty. read the newest discoveries. Passed..was not a nerd though I just love biology and majored in microbiology for 3 years ;)

“The Edge”

Of Tomorow

#594363 Jan 27, 2013
Victor Belmont wrote:
<quoted text>
you have not answered me well.. I said point out a LIE in the quran about creations or earth now. Just one thing if you can find any. Simply google quran in English and see if you find a lie there. If you do you have my word that I will be a non-muslim, Lets see if you can show me if u dare.
I have no need to because it fails the first assertion. "God's direct words" is a lie!

Location hidden

#594364 Jan 27, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. Mylan, please accept my heartfelt sympathy on your loss ..
.. been there, done that. Only time will heal ..
Thank you Happy Lesbo. I appreciate your kindness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate 5 min emperorjohn 3,957
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 5 min Stilgar Fifrawi 8,273
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min 2all 603,400
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 56 min Beans And Backtalk 4
Poll It is fine when the brother makes children of h... 1 hr pepertoa 2
Ever give your boss head? 2 hr Hispanicprincess 5
Rajkot gay Topix (Feb '15) 2 hr sam 236
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr gentlepplpleaser 177,894
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 hr waaasssuuup 7,643
More from around the web