“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#593861 Jan 25, 2013
God Himself wrote:
This is really some hilarious sh!t!
No, no, no, wait:
Thas hars sam rearly hellarias shiat!
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLL!
Yer jist pass'n the bow mate! Ya ain't even been on deck yet. Jist wait till ya git ta pleasure o' the Captains quarters where the real booze an funn'n is! Hahahahah!
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#593862 Jan 25, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
1, 2, 3 >>> Did you personally witness any of those things happen?
Why do you consider a miracle the only feasible explanation for any of them?
Because there is no knowledge of any other way that they could have emerged. All we can do besides calling them miracles, is speculate that they are naturally caused.
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Why didn't your miracle maker require a (different) miracle maker?
He is not a miracle maker, He is a maker of miracles.
God Himself wrote:
the nature of the universe could be such that the material aspect can be naturally modified by will or intent to generate desired results.
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Do you have any evidence of that?
No. Thats why we call them miracles.
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Something observable, testable, repeatable, and falsifiable will do.
Good.

Look around you.

The material world is full of observable, testable, repeatable, and falsifiable things.

The whole universe is full of evidence of the potential and influence of my "miracle maker"; so my belief in HIM are based on observable, testable, repeatable, and falsifiable things also... in case you are wondering.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#593863 Jan 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Yer jist pass'n the bow mate! Ya ain't even been on deck yet. Jist wait till ya git ta pleasure o' the Captains quarters where the real booze an funn'n is! Hahahahah!
No sh!t?

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum!!!!

We will sail the seven seas and kill Moby's Dick!!!

Ar ar ar ar!

Location hidden

#593864 Jan 25, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
1, 2, 3 >>> Did you personally witness any of those things happen?
Why do you consider a miracle the only feasible explanation for any of them?
Why didn't your miracle maker require a (different) miracle maker?
<quoted text>
That's what the thread's for.
<quoted text>
Do you have any evidence of that?
<quoted text>
Done.
Something observable, testable, repeatable, and falsifiable will do.
Well now---we HAVE that evidence. It still don't prove any deity that has ever been put on the table, and not one single part of it is "miraculous".

Location hidden

#593866 Jan 25, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
No sh!t?
Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum!!!!
We will sail the seven seas and kill Moby's Dick!!!
Ar ar ar ar!
The ole' white whale already been done in in the tale...ain't no sense persue'n sich a harmful course....But...We'll share a toast 'bout it with ya!

“What?”

Location hidden

#593867 Jan 25, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> The ole' white whale already been done in in the tale...ain't no sense persue'n sich a harmful course....But...We'll share a toast 'bout it with ya!
*Rips shirt open, points at heart*

Right there. Mary Ellen Moffit.

She broke it.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#593868 Jan 25, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there is no knowledge of any other way that they could have emerged. All we can do besides calling them miracles, is speculate that they are naturally caused.
Right.

All you're doing is speculating that they weren't.

You're doing the same thing mistaken men have done all throughout human history. You reach the edge of you comprehension and invoke "God" as a surrogate for the unknown.
He is not a miracle maker, He is a maker of miracles.
What's the difference? Really?
No. Thats why we call them miracles.
Because you don't know what they are? You've yet to demonstrate any will or intent.
Good.
Look around you.
The material world is full of observable, testable, repeatable, and falsifiable things.
That's correct. And if something meets those criteria, then it's firmly planted in the realm of science. No god required.
The whole universe is full of evidence of the potential and influence of my "miracle maker"
I thought it was your "maker of miracles"?
so my belief in HIM are based on observable, testable, repeatable, and falsifiable things also... in case you are wondering.
Examples?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#593869 Jan 25, 2013
I'm sleepy.

G'night.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#593870 Jan 25, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
I believe in God.
I just got back from the vet hospital. I had to have my loved pet put to sleep because your f-cking god gave him a defective heart, and thought that it would be amusing to watch his lungs fill up with fluid and NEEDLESSLY suffer. Why would any person want to worship a “god” that does that for sport?

If you saw someone torturing an innocent person, would you find a way to “justify it” and praise the torturer? What kind of a pathetic person does that now make you? You don’t have a clue as to how much suffering goes on in this world, all while the one you pray to turns a blind eye. There may be a devil, but there’s no evidence for a loving god.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#593871 Jan 25, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
All you're doing is speculating that they weren't.
You're doing the same thing mistaken men have done all throughout human history. You reach the edge of you comprehension and invoke "God" as a surrogate for the unknown.
No. Not really.

But you can think of Him like that initially.

If God existed before all things, then all things must be existing within Him.

As such, all that is known and unknown are within Him.

Thus He may be described as "a surrogate for the unknown".
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
What's the difference? Really?
A miracle maker may be described as a maker who came about miraculously.

However a maker of miracles is a being or entity that is able to perform miracles.
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Because you don't know what they are?
Yeah. Why not?

A miracle is by definition, also :

"... a perceptible interruption of the laws of nature." [wikipedia.com]

Now if in the beginning there was a big-bang and the universe popped out; I would say that is an interruption of the laws of nature as we know it.

Or maybe it is natural to for explosions to create an ordered plane of existence with lifeforms and fully functional entities?
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
You've yet to demonstrate any will or intent.
You are a monkey. Stop acting like a Neanderthal.
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
That's correct. And if something meets those criteria, then it's firmly planted in the realm of science. No god required.
That should be: "no god required to examine the material world".

To say only that "no God (is) required" makes you sound like a fundie atheist.
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
I thought it was your "maker of miracles"?
Ok fine:

The whole universe is full of evidence of the potential and influence of my maker of miracles.

There! You happy now?
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Examples?
Where should I begin?

Let me start by listing His 3 main attributes: Omniscience, Omnipotence and Omnipresence.

I should then proceed to present evidence of the existence of the influence of such attributes on the material world.

But I think I will ask you if you can do that for me.

Can you see anything that suggests that the influence of those 3 attributes is active in the material world?

It should be fun to hear your response.
Sharkey

Sparks, NV

#593872 Jan 25, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
people r not fighting coz of God or for justice or anything else like that. They are fighting to keep their ego and power alive. They just use God as an excuse to do what they wanna do.
People are bad, even if u got rid of religion, u still gonna get the exact same thing, it's going to make no difference. The people that are good and want peace they don't fight, whether they r from different countries, religions, race, class, gender etc...they all get along with each other.
"People are bad, even if u got rid of religion, u still gonna get the exact same thing, it's going to make no difference."

So there's really no point in having any religion, then, since people are bad anyway. Religion is just a bunch of phony shows, and humans are using their religions and "gods" as weapons to fight each other.

If we keep this up, we WILL make ourselves extinct! And yes, people ARE fighting "because of god". They are fighting over which "god" is the right one.

This fight will lead to nothing but death to all humans
Sharkey

Sparks, NV

#593873 Jan 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are blacks so tall?
Because their knee grows.....
You really hate your god for creating blacks, don't you, Redneck?

In your prayers every night, you say, "Lawd, lawd..., if you could just take all the black people in the world and somehow, put them on another planet, or give them a disease so that they could die off, or magically turn them white....In Jesus Name, Amen!"

Wow.

Your "god" is just as sick and racist as you are.
Your "god" is not a real god,it's just a n idol of your own sick image of what "god" should be: a racist white man in the sky.

YOUR GOD IS A BIGOT.
Sharkey

Sparks, NV

#593874 Jan 25, 2013
Slambo wrote:
Not possible. Religion and the gods they worship are a terrible joke played on the masses of weak minded idiots. You might as well worship my left nut. Send your cash my way, I'll make sure god gets it. Haha!
LMFAO! That's about what it amounts to, anyway! Holy hustling.
"God" is big business!
Sharkey

Sparks, NV

#593875 Jan 25, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I share similar sentiments though I would word it differently.
Nevertheless, what you say it justified.
Non-belief tends to "hide" things from consciousness.
A man will never search for what he doesnt believe exists; and even if he found it, he would call it something else.
"Non-belief tends to "hide" things from consciousness."
This phrase, right here, has been the BIGGEST CON JOB humans have pulled on ourselves.
We have talked ourselves into "believing" in what is basicaly empty nothingness. A huge collective deliberate human delusion.
People have come to the conclusion that "god doesn't exist for the simple reason that they haven't seen god exist. It simply isn't there. It's like telling someone something is red when it's really yellow.
"See that yellow apple? That's not really yellow, that's actually red..."
The only way they could come to this conclusion is if they serched and found nothing, which is the reality of what happened.
If something isn't there, it simply isn't there.
One day, the human race will finally grow up and accept that "God" is US! WE are our savior! WE are ALL WE have, PERIOD! No "gods" or fairies or leprechauns are gonna help us, it's all up to US!
Sharkey

Sparks, NV

#593876 Jan 25, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Not really.
But you can think of Him like that initially.
If God existed before all things, then all things must be existing within Him.
As such, all that is known and unknown are within Him.
Thus He may be described as "a surrogate for the unknown".
<quoted text>
A miracle maker may be described as a maker who came about miraculously.
However a maker of miracles is a being or entity that is able to perform miracles.
<quoted text>
Yeah. Why not?
A miracle is by definition, also :
"... a perceptible interruption of the laws of nature." [wikipedia.com]
Now if in the beginning there was a big-bang and the universe popped out; I would say that is an interruption of the laws of nature as we know it.
Or maybe it is natural to for explosions to create an ordered plane of existence with lifeforms and fully functional entities?
<quoted text>
You are a monkey. Stop acting like a Neanderthal.
<quoted text>
That should be: "no god required to examine the material world".
To say only that "no God (is) required" makes you sound like a fundie atheist.
<quoted text>
Ok fine:
The whole universe is full of evidence of the potential and influence of my maker of miracles.
There! You happy now?
<quoted text>
Where should I begin?
Let me start by listing His 3 main attributes: Omniscience, Omnipotence and Omnipresence.
I should then proceed to present evidence of the existence of the influence of such attributes on the material world.
But I think I will ask you if you can do that for me.
Can you see anything that suggests that the influence of those 3 attributes is active in the material world?
It should be fun to hear your response.
"Let me start by listing His 3 main attributes: Omniscience, Omnipotence and Omnipresence."
This is how "god" cancels itself out as a concept.
Think of "omnipresence" for a minute.
Imagine a scenario: A person gets shot and killed. "Omnipresence" means that "god" is the shooter, the bullet, and the person that gets killed.
"Omniprescence" means that in this scenario, "God" shot and killed "God".
All this "omni" stuff means that "god" cannot exist, since it is simultaneously creating itself while destroying itself.
An "omni" god cancels itself out, since being both everything and nothing simultaneously is mutually exclusive.
A god like this looks like 0-0=0.
Omnipresence, omnipotence, omniscience = 0-0-0=0.

“What?”

Location hidden

#593877 Jan 26, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>"People are bad, even if u got rid of religion, u still gonna get the exact same thing, it's going to make no difference."
So there's really no point in having any religion, then, since people are bad anyway. Religion is just a bunch of phony shows, and humans are using their religions and "gods" as weapons to fight each other.
If we keep this up, we WILL make ourselves extinct! And yes, people ARE fighting "because of god". They are fighting over which "god" is the right one.
This fight will lead to nothing but death to all humans

Location hidden

#593878 Jan 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
*Rips shirt open, points at heart*
Right there. Mary Ellen Moffit.
She broke it.
We'er gonna need a bigger boat!

“What?”

Location hidden

#593879 Jan 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> We'er gonna need a bigger boat!
Says the man.

Lesbians seldom say that.

:-)

Location hidden

#593880 Jan 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the man.
Lesbians seldom say that.
:-)
I fear Oi's in shark 'nfested waters Hooper!

“What?”

Location hidden

#593881 Jan 26, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I fear Oi's in shark 'nfested waters Hooper!
I read the book. Hooper died after bOinkin Brody's wife. Shark? I'm doubting it. Likelyfuckin story.

I found another piece.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 118,569
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min New Age Spiritual... 678,602
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 41 min RiversideRedneck 2,134
News Bill to loosen financial rules would save $24 b... 45 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
News Trump budget promises balance in decade, relies... 50 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 4
News An ambitious ruler defeated by his own hubris: ... 52 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 33,210
More from around the web