Try running a mile or two.
What for?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#593778 Jan 25, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality really pisses you off doesn't it?
Talking to yourself again?

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#593779 Jan 25, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist verses theist speaks more to ones integrity than intellect. While it takes a cetain level of intellect to reject an appealing world view of life after death and a loving father figure in the sky watching over you, does not mean that intelligent people still can't choose, due to their lack of moral character, to go with the feel good personally appealing world view over the world view guided by reason.
A good many scientists are in fact believers, they just have it on a back burner, you can believe in god and be quite intelligent. In fact history shows this, but to believe in the creation myth is another story. I do not believe because I see nothing to compel me to do so, but for many there are reasons too.

http://discovermagazine.com/2006/apr/dinosaur...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#593780 Jan 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What for?
You might need to some day.

Then you'll find out what the health effects are.
Pat

Granby, CT

#593781 Jan 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> A good many scientists are in fact believers, they just have it on a back burner, you can believe in god and be quite intelligent. In fact history shows this, but to believe in the creation myth is another story. I do not believe because I see nothing to compel me to do so, but for many there are reasons too.
http://discovermagazine.com/2006/apr/dinosaur...
A scientist that is a theist is a hypocrite to the tenth degree for they do not hold their god (death denial) beliefs to the same level of scrutiny as other beliefs while knowing full well how to follow proper reasoning which is essential to them being a scientist. They give their religion immunity from the same critical scrutiny that they give their work and that makes them hypocrites.

"Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by laws of nature, and therefore this holds for the action of people. For this reason, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, i.e. by a wish addressed to a Supernatural Being."-- Albert Einstein,
Pat

Granby, CT

#593782 Jan 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical lying atheist.
Not only did I give you the definition of the word "atheist", I also broke it down for you and you probably don't even realize it but you helped me to prove my point.
Thank you very much!
No you didn't, you said I claimed there is no god which is a lie. Sky fairy gonna give you a good whoopin for that!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#593783 Jan 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha ha!
Ain't that rich. The atheist tries to tell the Christian how to be a better Christian.
I don't worship the picture that's in my avatar, it's just a picture. And I think it represents Jesus in a positive, uplifting way.
Again, for the slow minded atheist, I don't worship the picture.
I never said you worshiped the false idol.

The picture, is of a mockery of Jesus, that mockery is a "graven image".

The second commandment is about other gods and idols, and specifically about utilizing an image in any form of your god, for any reason, meaning you have broken a commandment.

You'll never be a better or worse Christian, for reasons unrelated to the subject at hand.
Pat

Granby, CT

#593784 Jan 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you know you're right. You atheists ONLY want to argue about Christianity, Jesus, and God. You never argue about leprechauns or unicorns or spaghetti monsters or the tooth fairy or anything else.
I think you fake atheists really want to believe in God, you're just trying to figure out how.
Who wouldn't want to life forever in eternal bliss? Reality may frustrate you RR but that is still no excuse to deny it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593785 Jan 25, 2013
Pat wrote:
A scientist that is a theist is a hypocrite to the tenth degree for they do not hold their god (death denial) beliefs to the same level of scrutiny as other beliefs while knowing full well how to follow proper reasoning which is essential to them being a scientist. They give their religion immunity from the same critical scrutiny that they give their work and that makes them hypocrites.
The "tenth" degree, huh? lol, moron.
"Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by laws of nature, and therefore this holds for the action of people. For this reason, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, i.e. by a wish addressed to a Supernatural Being."-- Albert Einstein,
Scientific research is based on the "idea".....

huh

Not fact? Again, lol.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593786 Jan 25, 2013
AntiFreakMachine wrote:
<quoted text>I never said you worshiped the false idol.
The picture, is of a mockery of Jesus, that mockery is a "graven image".
No it isn't. A graven image is defined as a carved idol or representation of a god used as an object of worship.

Again, I don't worship that picture.
The second commandment is about other gods and idols, and specifically about utilizing an image in any form of your god, for any reason, meaning you have broken a commandment.
You'll never be a better or worse Christian, for reasons unrelated to the subject at hand.
Ok, atheist.

Location hidden

#593787 Jan 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. A graven image is defined as a carved idol or representation of a god used as an object of worship.
<quoted text>
Ok, atheist.
You're funny when you get "testy", idolater.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#593788 Jan 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
self-righteousness is the arch-nemisis to the righteousness of God in Christ. indeed it's the thing that drove the nazi party and which drives all genocidal regimes. its the thing that caused cain to kill abel and which causes you to despise the Gospel of Salvation/Christ.
GET RID OF IT LIKE THE BAD HABIT THAT IT IS!
I guess I will stop posting to you again, as I am not a believer so I am not interested in listening to another fanatic ranting on about something rather than just answering my questions.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#593789 Jan 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, my atheist friend. Wrong again.
Try for 3?
Again?

1. There is no evidence to support the existence of a deity.

2. Therefore, there is no reason to believe in one.

3. Therefore, I don't.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#593790 Jan 25, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Engaging in poor behaviors then telling an imaginary cloud guy you are sorry then going out to engage in the same poor behaviors over again is the life of a theist. Religion facilitates poor behaviors not prevent them.
what's even worse is being evil, not being sorry and not receiving the Remedy for it at all!!!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#593791 Jan 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Ok, atheist.
No.

"Graven image" means "carved picture or representation".

Of anything - no religious undertones needed.

That takes in all statues, etchings, and the Tenniel woodcuts from "Alice".

Foolishness.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#593792 Jan 25, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Engaging in poor behaviors then telling an imaginary cloud guy you are sorry then going out to engage in the same poor behaviors over again is the life of a theist. Religion facilitates poor behaviors not prevent them.
what's even worse is being evil, not being sorry and not receiving the Remedy for it at all!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#593793 Jan 25, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I will stop posting to you again, as I am not a believer so I am not interested in listening to another fanatic ranting on about something rather than just answering my questions.
i try to be patient, booots, but you speak as if you've attained all there was to attain in your 45 years of being 'christian' and yet you seem so clueless regarding the most fundemental of doctrines:(

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593794 Jan 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
A graven image is defined as a carved idol or representation
macumazahn wrote:
No.
"Graven image" means "carved picture or representation".
LMAO!

OK, you win.....

Location hidden

#593795 Jan 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Try harder, you can do it.
Pat

Granby, CT

#593796 Jan 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame your evil god for creating that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min onemale 280,469
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min spinosaurus baryonyx 104,195
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min spinosaurus baryonyx 28,345
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 17 min Highest Comandmen... 44,107
Play "end of the word" part 2 25 min ImFree2Choose 1,429
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 35 min MUQ2 4,739
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 35 min bad bob 181,894
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 39 min Praise Jesus 637,231
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 2 hr truth 37,988
More from around the web