Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#593685 Jan 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Hiding sees only the message he wants to see in the articles he links. There's a name for that.
xD
Cocky?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#593686 Jan 25, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
What does other people crucified by the Romans, if there are historical accounts of such, have to do with the story of Jesus? One is a story believed by many while the others could very well be historical. The Bible is not a history text.
I think there is evidence that crucixion was a means of execution in ancient times, though I think I also read last year in some article that crucifixion would not have been the one used at the alleged time of Jesus, as normal practice.
So prove which were real and which were not, or are you waiting on the latest results from your Ministry of Truth?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#593687 Jan 25, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You're ok RR. Thanks for a good laugh.
that he can produce humor, does not validate his ridiculous religious beliefs

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593688 Jan 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It can be pretty much certain if and any records the Romans kept were mostly destroyed by the Vandals and the Visigoths,
Alaric would have decimated most anything Roman, just as the Great Library of Alexandria was burned by the Romans too.
This was the wrath of ideology's in conflict and Christianity in destroying the Pagans committed the same atrocities.
I know all that.

Why don't you try telling the atheist that when they try to use the "there's no Roman records of Jesus's crucifixion" argument.

It's stuff like that that makes me realize the whole atheist notion of "atheists are super smart" is a whole bunch of horse shit.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#593689 Jan 25, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with my morals or my conduct, and as far as I am concern the cross and related events is a myth.
i DO have a problem with your morals & conduct; their fallen and corrupt and are the problem with EVERYTHING in this world.

now, get redeemed by the Redemeer or sit down and shut up!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593690 Jan 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
Every single cigarette a person smokes is unhealthy.
And this is coming to you from a fellow smoker, RR.
I knew you were a fellow!

OCB's a dude!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#593691 Jan 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Cocky?
I think Calvin Klein named a perfume after his ism; Escapism, or was it Euphoric Dementia?

Location hidden

#593692 Jan 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
read your local paper & be honest about your own thoughts to see where the evil comes from.
"for God so loved the world..."
In America, christians are over represented in the prison system, and atheists, underrepresented. It is christians who are most often chriminals.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593693 Jan 25, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
What does other people crucified by the Romans, if there are historical accounts of such, have to do with the story of Jesus? One is a story believed by many while the others could very well be historical. The Bible is not a history text.
I think there is evidence that crucixion was a means of execution in ancient times, though I think I also read last year in some article that crucifixion would not have been the one used at the alleged time of Jesus, as normal practice.
Simple.

The Hebrews kept a record of Jesus' crucifixion, the Romans didn't.

So the Roman record is nonexistent.

The Hebrew record is known as The Holy Bible.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#593694 Jan 25, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I dunno.
Produce one, and we'll see.
After that, I have a LONG list of questions.
actually, One was produced in the flesh around 2013 (THE YEAR OF OUR LORD!) years ago and if you don't like Him it's because you love darkness instead.

Location hidden

#593695 Jan 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sommething wrong with morals?
christianity is a moral failure.

christianity fails as a moral system.

christianity is a moral system, that has failed.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#593696 Jan 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd resort to hunting if it was that or starve. For the vast majority of us that is not an issue.
<quoted text>
Nope, there isn't. Socially we have largely progressed to the point where hunting is not necessary for survival. Thus, culling animals for food has become entirely unnecessary.
<quoted text>
Huh? If we eat the plants directly, we will need less land and resources for food production, not more. It takes more plants and water to raise animals for meat. Not to mention dealing with the animal waste.
<quoted text>
I think that there is a definite moral argument to be made about how we humans affect our environment and other living beings we share this planet with. We can't pat ourselves on the back for being superior beings yet not apply it to how we act.
<quoted text>
If we put all other problems and issues on hold until we solved human to human problems then nothing would ever be done.
It's pretty easy to say that how animals live and feel under our care isn't as important as our own well being when you aren't an enslaved animal in a large commercial farm, soon to be led through the abattoir.
<quoted text>
Birth control. For the deer, and humans could use alot more of it too.
Yes, I agree about the animals using more land to produce the same amount of food, however, since, aside from India, it seems about 6% of the world are not meat eaters (the numbers seem to be difficult to determine), that amount of bulk of food in meat that will have to be replaced by equivalent amounts of plant material that will provide a similar nutrutional value, which means a lot of land currently not used to grow garden products will have to be put to that use, which means a major paradigm shift for humanity, one which only a small fraction have ever tried. It is a matter of, if someone were to state that tomorrow no more meat may be consumed, a huge percent of the world would starve to death before they got their act together and got their bodies in tune to a completely different diet than they had eaten for thousands of years.

I don't see it as not happening, but it is not jsut simple.

People today will pay big money to go to a high end restaurant for their meat specialty. How will all those people switch to going out for carrots, or going out for cucumbers (I realize that is a luxury that only the rich countries enjoy)? It just is something that humanity has never before, as a whole, had to face, or if they did, it happened over a long period. There would be times in days of old in places like North America when they were hit by years of drought or unusual cold in the growing season, which we have had a few of in my lifetime, where they could not possibly have grown enough just plants to survive, so they depended on animals who could utilize a wider variety of plantlife to meet some of their food requirments.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593697 Jan 25, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
anyone who would accept blood as apology, has morals worse than Hitler.
The god of the christian bible is the most vile entity ever imagined.
You nitwit, it's not referring to literal blood.

The function of human blood in the body is to keep it healthy and alive.

The same is true of the blood of Jesus, His blood keeps the "body of Christ" healthy and alive.

It's an analogy.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#593698 Jan 25, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's it, the god garbage eases your conscience and allows you to avoid having to take responsibility for your actions. I get it.
i HAVE taken the only responsible way possible for my actions.
now, either you do too or please don't hate me for do so, like cain hated abel:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593699 Jan 25, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
that he can produce humor, does not validate his ridiculous religious beliefs
That you cannot produce humor validates your staunchy, egotistical, egomaniacal devotion to your religion, atheism.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#593700 Jan 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nothing. The old VW vans were even more unstable. And underpowered. And they tended to catch on fire because they had glass fuel filters which, if they cracked, would leak gas directly onto the hot exhaust manifold. Talk about stupid designs! Makes the old exploding Pinos look positively safe.
When Volkswagens were very popular when I was younger, I used to jokingly state that there are cars and there are Volkswagens. I drove a Chev Chevette as my drive to work car, for a number of years, and it would be similar in size I guess to a Volkswagen; not a lot of space for a family and their luggage. Those smaller cars were a lot easier of fuel though, in many cases.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593701 Jan 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I think Calvin Klein named a perfume after his ism; Escapism, or was it Euphoric Dementia?
LMAO! It was Shock For Her, I believe....

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#593702 Jan 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity sure isn't about personal responsibility, is it?
please get your sins dealt with so we can have a better existance here and live in glory together forever!
not eating meat and driving a prius just isn't cutting it:(

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#593703 Jan 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you've finally read and understood Matthew 7. Does this mean you are going to change your ways from now on?
don't worry so about my ways, friend, but instead "take the log out of your own eye" Jesus

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#593704 Jan 25, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try a little logic here. So, Jesus only died for the sins of those who would believe in the substitutional sacrifice in the future retroactively? How does that work?
So did Jesus die for my sins when I was a Christian, then didn't suffer for them after I left the religion?
Please explain, thanks.
"Let's try a little logic here"

NO! how about we try a little history lesson and obedience to the Redeemer instead?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Buck Crick 55,878
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 6 min MUQ2 426
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min RoSesz 649,760
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 22 min bad bob 182,930
should i give my brother a bj? (Dec '12) 29 min James 33
Need someone to accompany me in order to take ... (May '14) 37 min Karla v 4
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr Classic 3,731
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr WasteWater 2,291
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web