|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Most are recycled for their metal.
LOL! WHAT metal? The brand name plate on the front?

I will assume you've seen "The Graduate"- if so, you will probably know what I am referring to:

"One word for you, Benjamin-just one word: Plastics."

That movie was made in 1967 and it was quite prophetic that that line was stated.

Metal is a rarity these days- in everything from household appliances to automobiles.

Plastic is all the rage.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, here we have a little more honesty at least; these are your opinions, not facts.
<quoted text>
Then why do you tar everyone with statistics that don't apply to everyone?
<quoted text>
And yet your other comments belie this statement.
<quoted text>
I don't agree with affirmative action either, which is just a form of reverse racism and patently unjust besides.
<quoted text>
That is a rather sweeping statement. People are poor for a wide variety of reasons, which often overlap.
<quoted text>
Once again you are attributing characteristics to an entire group based on the actions of individuals. BTW, are you somehow under the impression that all scientists involved in the things you mention are white? Because that is not the case. But as I've pointed out before, when it comes to race you only see the facts you want to see.
<quoted text>
Maybe because they tend not to be tall enough? Why not ask why there are statistically so few Jews in professional sports? Does that imply Jews are less physically capable? Where is this going?
It all comes back to a confusion between correlation and causation, as I've said before.
<quoted text>
I have no motive regarding race, I just see the holes in your racist opinions. Natural selection has effects, of course. So, like I said before, let's see some hard science that shows melanin, or some other factor attributable to one race or ethnic group or other, affects intelligence, or violent behavior. Then I will agree with you. Generalizations and appeals to authority don't cut it with me. And should not with you either, if you were consistent in your application of critical thinking skills.
Then why do you tar everyone with statistics that don't apply to everyone?

To explain why racial disparities exist and to show whites are not to blame for the failue of blacks to live up to white norms.

"Maybe because they tend not to be tall enough?"

I see. You will admit to racial differences in height being the cause for a racial disparity existing but you will refuse to accept a racial difference in intelligence being the cause for a racial disparity. Interesting.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Meat is a great source of nutrients. In many ways it's much higher than veggies, pound for pound.
Meat is a highly inefficient and environmentally damaging way of getting protein, even not taking into account the cruelty in killing a sentient being for food. Meat production takes far more water and plant material to produce than eating the plant material itself. It also takes up alot more arable land. And then there is the destruction of the environment of the sea by gross over-fishing.

The reality is, as the human population of the Earth continues to multiply exponentially, eating meat will become unsustainable. Eating meat is immoral, for many, many reasons.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't mean Jewish is a race.
And Jewish is NOT a race.
I was born into the Jewish religion; my race is Caucasian.
I can't change my race; I can change the religion I was born into.
And a gentile also can't change their race, but they can become a Jew.
The Center For Jewish Genetics disagrees with you.

So if your parents gave you up at birth to a couple in Italy you would still be a Jew and not an Italian? What exactly about you would be Jewish? Infants are not born itno religion, for they can't comprehend it at that point and they know nothing about it. You have no religon as a newborn infant, your parents do but you don't and if you were adopted at birth, you are not influencd one iota by your natural parents religon so how is it you would still be a Jew? Could it be your GENETICS? LOL
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Meat is a highly inefficient and environmentally damaging way of getting protein, even not taking into account the cruelty in killing a sentient being for food. Meat production takes far more water and plant material to produce than eating the plant material itself. It also takes up alot more arable land. And then there is the destruction of the environment of the sea by gross over-fishing.
The reality is, as the human population of the Earth continues to multiply exponentially, eating meat will become unsustainable. Eating meat is immoral, for many, many reasons.
If eating meat is immoral then nature itself is immoral. Every day on this planet countless animals are run down and eaten alive by other animals.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't mean Jewish is a race.
And Jewish is NOT a race.
I was born into the Jewish religion; my race is Caucasian.
I can't change my race; I can change the religion I was born into.
And a gentile also can't change their race, but they can become a Jew.
OK, take race out if it. The fact remains that Judaism claims to be a special tribe of humans set aside as God's favored people. That's pretty obnoxious, ideologically-speaking, don't you think?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not lying nor am I a liar.
There are MANY numerous sources of protein other than that found in animal flesh and which our bodies metabolize much better and more efficiently than animal flesh.
Added to that is that most Americans OD on protein meaning there is more protein-rich urine in the USA than pretty much any other country.
That means we consume an excess of protein which then is simply pissed away.
BTW, here are 15 excellent examples of meatless sources of excellent protein:
Item
1. Soy Beans (boiled without salt)
2. Ricotta Cheese
3. Low Fat Cottage Cheese
4. Lentils (boiled without salt)
5. Bulgur (unprepared) 1 Cup 17g
6. Split Peas (boiled without salt)
7. Oat Bran (unprepared) 1 Cup
8. Red Kidney Beans (boiled without salt)
9. Large Lima Beans (boiled without salt)
10. Rice - White Long Grain (parboiled)
11. Cowpeas (boiled without salt)
12. Yogurt (plain with skim milk)
13. Potatoes (Gratin with butter)
14. Soft Tofu
15. Dry Roasted Peanuts (without salt)
Yet ANOTHER item to be added to the already very lengthy list known as:
WHAT RR DOESN'T KNOW
Yeah- I can smell sh*t- it emanates from every single post of yours.
Get with Pat- between the chill that emanates from her and the stench of sh*t which emanates from you, you can both enjoy some SH*TSICLES- LOL!!
See? There you go again, thinking that because you type something that you taught me something.

I already know all that stuff.

I make split pea soup at least once a month. I have rice at least three times a week. There's yogurt in my fridge right now and there's peanuts in my pantry right now.

You're not teaching me anything new, dumb ass.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree there is no evidence for that, however your statement refutes much of what you have previously stated then.
Not in the least.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh- and here is my source for my post showing 15 excellent meatless sources of protein:
http://www.flatstomachblog.com/2008/10/31/15-...
And the source the above site used:
Source: USDA Nutritive Value Of Foods & USDA National Nutrient Release 20
They might be better for you, but they can't compare to the flavor of a good corn beef on rye...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh- and here is my source for my post showing 15 excellent meatless sources of protein:
http://www.flatstomachblog.com/2008/10/31/15-...
And the source the above site used:
Source: USDA Nutritive Value Of Foods & USDA National Nutrient Release 20
Did you break your arm trying to pat yourself on the back?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>RR- tell me again how a site called "Jesus is Savior" is a "hater" site as you claimed it was.
You know something? I spend a LOT of time doing research FOR you and then posting what I find.
Can you at least be honest ENOUGH to tell me if you EVER bother to look at the info or links or sources I provide? It sure doesn't seem as if you do; the most recent example of that was you ASSuming I use BMI indexes when the FACT of the matter is that I've posted links to you of regular height/weight charts so that right there tells me that despite me having posted the links to those charts for you numerous times, you've never bothered to look.
Of course, that example could be due to denial; it's quite common for fat people to deny they are fat like YOU do.
Oh- and thanks for the "great" source- wiki- <rolling eyes....> Wiki CAN be a great source but given the MANY other sources out there regarding quotes from the founding fathers, that is the BEST you could do?
Funny how it always seems that YOUR best is the WORST for the MAJORITY of people.
You're a fat slob bottom-feeder.
If you're trying to talk smack, you're not doing a very good job.

Of course I read your links, but I also check for honesty and integrity in those links. And most of the time there is no honesty in them, it seems like all you do is Google and Google and Google until you find the "link" that best suits your argument.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>So now I guess we can add the fact that you don't know how to count huh?
Irregardless, you are just backpedaling now. You originally said that most were catholic, and that obviously isn't the case.
Oh so you like lying to?

I have never, ever said that the founding fathers or "mostly Catholic".

Do you and OCB have a lying contest going on or something?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I am "she"- not a "he".
2. RR is married.
3. RR is fat (but it's okay to like fat guys...)
4. And perhaps most importantly: This is not a dating site.
In a prior post of yours, you said you are single because you choose to be. Sounds like a bunch of CRAP to me if your trolling a BLOGGING forum trying to meet and pick up men.
And if you think RR sounds hot, then you like seeing steam rise off sh*t.
1. Debatable.
2. Happily.
3. Your ugly opinion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem to be very well informed concerning Mr Jackmans vital statistics.....
are you trying to tell us something?
That I can google, too?

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that it is wrong to continue to blame whites for the inability of blacks to live up to white norms.
"White norms"? Are you serious?

Anyway, I'm not blaming white people for anything. As I've said before, current situations are based on a complex web of previous events which led up to now. YOU are the one seeing things in overly simplistic black-or-white, literally.
The difference is we have racist affirmative actions laws that discriminate by race instead of embracing individualism and judging every person on their individual merits and not on race thanks to the denial of racial differences.
I agree with you on that at least.
The difference is that whites are not to blame for high black felony rates via discrimination by law enforcement, black behavior is to blame.
Again, overly simplistic. Black people, even black people in black ghettos, didn't pop into existence yesterday with no circumstantial history.
This is the difference. By insisting the races are just alike behaviorally when in fact they are not, it leaves blacks thinking they are being treated unfairly since disparities exist.
Do races have inherent behavioral traits? Where is the science?
The fact a disparity exists does not in any way prove it is the fault of whites. However, if the matter is looked at with a presumption that the races are equal then what is left really but to blame the majority? I actually look forward to whites being a minority group in America for it will end this racist blame game once and for all and when whites still outperform blacks and Jews outperform other whites and so on as it is now what excuse with the egalitarians use then? They will eventually be forced to accept reality.
You are getting lost in generalizations. That aside, I am not saying that the plight of black people who are socially aberrant is the sole fault of white people or anyone else. Of course there is culpability to the individual. Most of the blame should lie there in most cases IMHO.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
apparently he told the truth about that great American Hugh Jackmans` weight and that other fabulous American actor Ryan Reynolds weight.
...oh wait, his ideal men are an Australian and Canadian...
For shame Riverside......FOR SHAME!*weeps*
Lol, I didn't say they were American....

But they are about my height & build. Would talk consider them to be fat because their BMI is over 25?
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, take race out if it. The fact remains that Judaism claims to be a special tribe of humans set aside as God's favored people. That's pretty obnoxious, ideologically-speaking, don't you think?
It is obnoxious but they all do it. Muslims look down on infidels, christians teach the only pathway to heaven is througn Christ, in other words everybody is tossed into the fire but them. They all pull this divisive, our dogma beats your dogma crap. Religon is worthless divisive nonsense.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! WHAT metal? The brand name plate on the front?
I will assume you've seen "The Graduate"- if so, you will probably know what I am referring to:
"One word for you, Benjamin-just one word: Plastics."
That movie was made in 1967 and it was quite prophetic that that line was stated.
Metal is a rarity these days- in everything from household appliances to automobiles.
Plastic is all the rage.
You are ridiculously uninformed.

Have you seen all the "rage" of stainless STEEL appliances?

Get a clue before you post your ignorance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's true, it does take more water to grow a cow than it does to grow a Hedda lettuce. But it takes something like 4 pounds of lettuce to equal the same amount of nutrients and 1 pound of beef.

Personally, I don't eat a whole lot of red meat, unless it's lean. I eat a lot of chicken, several times a week.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That I can google, too?
Hey RR, do you wear your pants Florida style, or Texas style?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

423 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min June VanDerMark 532,405
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min bad bob 172,254
truth is out 18 min -truthisout- 3
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 20 min Le_le 599,044
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 23 min cretin56 4,093
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 44 min End of Church Ages 32,919
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 57 min HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers 37,597
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers 114,973
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 256,380
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 4 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••