Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#593642 Jan 25, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
There are those who insist, for whatever reason(s), that humans are separate from and superior to all other animals. They get offended when humans are compared to other animals. The phrasing alone, "other animals", is enough to anger some.
In my experience...
If one starts talking animal welfare... or the consequences of out-of-control human population and our desire to conquer and tame every corner of the globe...
All of a sudden, their tune changes to something akin to this...
"Show me an animal that wouldn't do the same if it could."
...or...
"Show me an animal that would intentionally govern its own species' population."
Well, guess what?...
Those are comparisons... one animal to another.
Show me an animal with the ability to comprehend the issues and do something about them.
I can think of one.
---
In case you hadn't noticed, I sent you a PM.
Got it and back at ya!

Anyway, I'm about out of here for the day- much to do, places to go and people to see.

Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

:-)

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#593643 Jan 25, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
40000 years ago, well, they may have had boats but no bible at all!
You are right as usual, Henry. Those boat faring people most certainly had no bible.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#593644 Jan 25, 2013
God Himself wrote:
...DESCRIBE the "First Cause" as being Godly...

[QUOTE who="karl44"]
except you have no evidence, no explanation, no cause other than desire,...
You poor thing.
karl44 wrote:
and it takes half a dozen of you to have an idea.
IT TAKES A WHOLE CONSENSUS TO HAVE A SCIENTIFIC FACT TOO.

*shrug*

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#593645 Jan 25, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"judge not lest you be judged"
Says the philanderer who told me my post to which you previously responded was "mean-spirited and bigoted".

Hypocrite much, HYPOCRITE?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#593646 Jan 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>lol
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel" ;
They didn't even have the wheel that far back. You just know they didn't jump on a boat and sail off into the edge of the world, all brave, hopeful and ignorant....40,000 years ago. As far as they could tell all there was only more water at the "edge", so there was no reason to bother with that.
There was land bridges......

Lol

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#593647 Jan 25, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Though it is limited today, there were people in some parts of the earth that would have starved long ago
I'd resort to hunting if it was that or starve. For the vast majority of us that is not an issue.
I agree with your points intellectually, but man is an omnivore. We are a part of the food chain which includes all living things, and we have survived for likely millions of years utlizing both plant and animals as food, or sometimes just animals, so there may be something inherently necessary that we consume meat.
Nope, there isn't. Socially we have largely progressed to the point where hunting is not necessary for survival. Thus, culling animals for food has become entirely unnecessary.
but considering the huge consumption of meat worldwide today, it is going to take a huge increase in human plant food production to replace all those animals that are now consumed.
Huh? If we eat the plants directly, we will need less land and resources for food production, not more. It takes more plants and water to raise animals for meat. Not to mention dealing with the animal waste.
This is not an issue that I really like to debate, because I know that there are legitimate differences of opinion about it, and I am not hard over to either side. I also see no rason to argue with people, who for themselves are right, and they do have legitimate claims, whereas in the gay and god debates one side often has no legitimate reason for arguing, because they are arguing with non-existent evidence.
I think that there is a definite moral argument to be made about how we humans affect our environment and other living beings we share this planet with. We can't pat ourselves on the back for being superior beings yet not apply it to how we act.
I see it as a big learning process to change the whole population fo the earth over to total vegan, and I think we have to first the human against human problems that exist, or we won't be here to worry about wht people eat.
If we put all other problems and issues on hold until we solved human to human problems then nothing would ever be done.

It's pretty easy to say that how animals live and feel under our care isn't as important as our own well being when you aren't an enslaved animal in a large commercial farm, soon to be led through the abattoir.
As for the wild animals, if we go to not killling any animals, then the wild animals are going to increase or not, based on the room that man leaves for them, and in cases, like occurs, and has occurred for many years now, in the area where I was raised, people are being plagued by deer, which eat their family gardens, their ornamental trees and hedges. Some of these animals are almost impossible to fence out of those areas, and the cost of doing so would be prohibitive, if there was no culling of their populations.
Birth control. For the deer, and humans could use alot more of it too.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#593648 Jan 25, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't claim something exists that you can't even fathom.
Reality:

"...reality includes EVERYTHING that is and has been, WHETHER OR NOT it is observable or COMPREHENSIBLE.[WIKIPEDIA.COM]

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593649 Jan 25, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing about the Beetle, though I have never owned or driven one, is that the new ones today still look much as they did when I was young, whereas most other makes of cars change their appearance almost every year, though I have noticed not as much as they did back in the 50s and 60s, when cars were beginning to look like space ships, and getting ridiculously big.
I watched a Beetle entering a highway about 10 miles north of Toronto when I was driving back to university, and it flipped just as it got onto the highway, landing on its top in the middle of two lanes of traffic going one way. The car immediately ahead of me, and we were traveling at about 80 mph at the time, to avoid the Beetle, left the highway into the centre media, crossed it and struck a couple cars going the other way at about the same speed. I got stopped and pulled off to the side, and no one else was involved. I think I had a tranport on my tail too, so stopping quickly gave me a bit of apprehension of being run over by it.
The Beetle's windows blew out when it flipped and the driver crawled out apparently not hurt, and no one was injured, fortunately, in the other collisions, but that did help me to realize that a Beetle is not a very stable vehicle (in other words they upset fairly easily). I think the only thing that caused this guy to flip is likely he was going too fast on the ramp and then when he turned into the traffic lanes he just did it too quickly.
80mph?

Surely you mean 129 kph.....

:)
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#593650 Jan 25, 2013
Pat wrote:
You can't claim something exists that you can't even fathom.
dragua wrote:
<quoted text>
mathematics does it all the time with the idea of infinite
You will have to pardon him/her most times.

Pat cannot be trusted with logic and reasoning and intelligence and such stuff.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#593651 Jan 25, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing about the Beetle, though I have never owned or driven one, is that the new ones today still look much as they did when I was young, whereas most other makes of cars change their appearance almost every year, though I have noticed not as much as they did back in the 50s and 60s, when cars were beginning to look like space ships, and getting ridiculously big.
I watched a Beetle entering a highway about 10 miles north of Toronto when I was driving back to university, and it flipped just as it got onto the highway, landing on its top in the middle of two lanes of traffic going one way. The car immediately ahead of me, and we were traveling at about 80 mph at the time, to avoid the Beetle, left the highway into the centre media, crossed it and struck a couple cars going the other way at about the same speed. I got stopped and pulled off to the side, and no one else was involved. I think I had a tranport on my tail too, so stopping quickly gave me a bit of apprehension of being run over by it.
The Beetle's windows blew out when it flipped and the driver crawled out apparently not hurt, and no one was injured, fortunately, in the other collisions, but that did help me to realize that a Beetle is not a very stable vehicle (in other words they upset fairly easily). I think the only thing that caused this guy to flip is likely he was going too fast on the ramp and then when he turned into the traffic lanes he just did it too quickly.
That's nothing. The old VW vans were even more unstable. And underpowered. And they tended to catch on fire because they had glass fuel filters which, if they cracked, would leak gas directly onto the hot exhaust manifold. Talk about stupid designs! Makes the old exploding Pinos look positively safe.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593652 Jan 25, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that Jesus is dead long ago, 2000 yeears or so!
Never such a thing as a year very very sorry!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593653 Jan 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I CAN deny it because it's not true.
No official religion has EVER been established in the USA and the intent of the founding fathers was not to found this country for the freedom to practice ONLY the Christian religion.
And to this day, there is no official religion, no official race and no official language here in the USA.
Your post is a prime example of why I tell you that you are anti-American.
You have no use or regard for the fact that we are ALL free to practice any religion we like, we are ALL free to practice no religion at all, anyone of any race has the right to be born here and any language one wants to speak can be spoken here- and all without government interference.
You ARE anti-American if for no other reason than that you are clueless as to what the USA truly stands for and truly represents.
I never said that America has an official religion. I never implied that America has an official religion. I've never wanted America to have an official religion. I don't want America to be a theocracy. I've never implied that I want America to become a theocracy or that it was ever founded as a theocracy.

I don't know where you get this idea that I think America is or should be a theocracy.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593654 Jan 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So...all the other people the Romans crucified also didn't exist, as far as you are concerned? Gotcha.
You know what's funny is that the Romans didn't keep records of any the other people they crucified either.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593655 Jan 25, 2013
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
40000 years ago, well, they may have had boats but no bible at all!
Very very sorry but there was no such thing as a boat ever very sorry!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#593656 Jan 25, 2013
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>

One of us is wilfully ignorant all right.
Negro,

Are you into butt lending?

(smiles)
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#593657 Jan 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, I have failed at trying to quit. I've tried several times but the nicotine calls me back.
I've tried those E-cigarettes, they doubt work, just make you want a real cigarette even more.
Ah well, you only live once.
Cold turkey worked for me. I had little or no success with the stop smoking aids, so I decided to bite the bullet and just stop smoking. The first three days are an absolute nightmare, but after the first two weeks or so, your craving, while still present, becomes more manageable. You will probably fail in your first attempt, and quite honestly, it took me five tries before I finally succeeded. After each failure, I began to notice that the resolve to quit completely was a little stronger, making it easier to continue my quit. The best part of this method is its free, and you see results much more quickly than the stop smoking products.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593658 Jan 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Agreed. I'll ask again: What does that have to do with Christians believing we are all born sinners?
Christians have a moral code we're supposed to abide by called "sin".

Atheists have no moral code that they "have to" live by.

That's what it has to do with it.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593659 Jan 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
You said so that we could all practice CHRISTIANITY without government interference.
And somehow or another you equiate that to "they can only practice Christianity".

Well you're wrong, that's not what I said and that's not what I meant.

Since: May 11

Glasgow, UK

#593660 Jan 25, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Negro,
Are you into butt lending?
(smiles)
say something a little more...rapey Balgeet.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593661 Jan 25, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>One of your most moronic posts yet.
Anyone who smokes cigarettes (myself included) is NOT in "perfect health" since cigarette smoking is perfectly unhealthy.
And at only 46 years old and losing your hearing? Very unusual....of course, you do have all that FAT between those ears of yours.....
Only an idiot like you would call a post like that moronic.

I know that someday cigarettes may cause me damage, may hurt me, may kill me. But as of right now they have done nothing adverse to my body.

And as for the loss of hearing, I said in another post that it's genetic, my mom has it and my grandma had it.

So quit f*cking assuming everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 6 min Lawrence Wolf 30,802
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min kent 687,183
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Say the Truth 286,541
I LOVE my new LG V20 smartphone!!! 6 hr LG Sucks 4
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 hr Here For Now 619,789
Popcorn time for movies and shows using VPN 10 hr clayvligon 2
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 hr LAWEST100 184,840
More from around the web