“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#593286 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a matter of opinion, nothing more.
Some people just don't like the taste of meat, so they become vegetarians.
The funny vegetarians are the ones that still eat fish...
People become vegetarians for all kinds of reasons, because there are many reasons to do so.

Someone who eats fish is not a vegetarian, and if they call themselves that, they are mistaken. But I know what you mean. I eat dairy, so I'd be just as wrong to call myself vegan.

San Francisco

#593287 Jan 24, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother went "vegan" about a year ago. To his credit, he did lose roughly forty pounds. The downside is, although he did lose weight, and is now at the clinically correct body mass, he looks terrible - an opinion shared by others, not just me. I've known three other vegans and noticed the same gaunt and malnourished quality about them. Not exactly the picture of health one would expect from such a healthy lifestyle. Why the need for b12 supplements if the diet is so nutritious?
The simple explanation is that they are either not knowledgeable enough about nutrition to be vegans, or they know how but aren't following it. It's perfectly possible to be vegan and healthy. As far as I know, vegans don't necessarily need any supplements. What is the source for the B12 supplement? Presumably it's not from an animal source, or else they should not be taking it, and if it's not, then just eat whatever it is that is providing it. There ya go.

San Francisco

#593288 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What made you conclude that white neighborhoods are wealthy?
I live in a mostly white neighborhood and none of us are, we're just blue collar folks.
I was asking Pat to think about intention. Of course white neighborhoods are not necessarily wealthy. Just as black neighborhoods are not necessarily crime-ridden ghettos.

San Francisco

#593289 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction - Christians don't have a sky daddy, atheists do.
Mmmmm. Nope. No sky daddies for atheists. Not even a sky mommy, or sky cousin.

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#593291 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither, lol. Why, do you?
No, I'm fit as a fiddle and thin in the middle.

You, not so much it seems.
Forum carlsbad nm

Hobbs, NM

#593292 Jan 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cuJYWkZFELUXX
They are advertising the electric car now.
Maybe our air will be cleaner.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#593293 Jan 24, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying. Their skin color does not effect their brain function.
well, they always have sex on their minds cuz they have pubic hair on their heads
Pat

Granby, CT

#593294 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you're the one that was talking about getting in to heaven.....
I was talking about what the dishinest christians say about getting into heaven.
Pat

Granby, CT

#593295 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
It is immoral for us to over-reproduce.
Who operates the reproductive control tower and gets to decide this? Maybe we should use an IQ test to decide who can and can't reproduce and limit it to the top ten percent? That would certainly be good for our species and the planet!

Are you saying that since we as a species right now are way out of balance with nature and causing great damage to virtually every ecosystem on the planet that anybody who has a baby is immoral?

San Francisco

#593296 Jan 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well, they always have sex on their minds cuz they have pubic hair on their heads
Oh look, it's the Bible-drunk version of Pat. Great.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#593297 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
But you just said one is saved by faith alone. Those verses directly contradict that.

Where did you pull all that from? Not the Bible:
1 Timothy 2:11-15: "A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."
Nothing about jay-jays in there, clean or otherwise. In fact, Paul even explains why he is such a loathsome misogynist.
You're the queen of cherry picking. You can't really understand the bible, especially certain parts of it, without studying it.

Here, this guy dies a great job of explaining it.

http://m.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gil...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593298 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
It is immoral for us to over-reproduce.
Agreed.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593299 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Healthy? Well, it's possibly healthier than other forms of meat, depending on how many hormones and pesticides you are piling up by eating it regularly. As for taste, human babies might taste good when prepared in the same way, but I doubt you'd consider that moral. Have any pets? Ever wonder what they'd taste like? Why is eating a dog or cat considered wrong, but eating a cow, chicken, or pig is OK? Makes no sense.
Prolly because cows, chickens & pigs don't snuggle with you like a dog or cat. They aren't family pets, they're livestock.

What about all the pesticides in veggies? They exist, too ya know.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593300 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
People become vegetarians for all kinds of reasons, because there are many reasons to do so.
Someone who eats fish is not a vegetarian, and if they call themselves that, they are mistaken. But I know what you mean. I eat dairy, so I'd be just as wrong to call myself vegan.
Ugh. I hate having classifications & names for everything we do.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593301 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asking Pat to think about intention. Of course white neighborhoods are not necessarily wealthy. Just as black neighborhoods are not necessarily crime-ridden ghettos.
oooohhhhh....

Retracted.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#593302 Jan 24, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
If eating meat is immoral then nature itself is immoral. Every day on this planet countless animals are run down and eaten alive by other animals.
people who reject God's morality hafta substitute their own standards of morality in order to appease their conscience. yeah, they start feeling very smug about things like not eating meat, driving prius' at 40 miles an hour in the passing lane and goofy stuff like that:)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593303 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmmmm. Nope. No sky daddies for atheists. Not even a sky mommy, or sky cousin.
Neither do Christians.

What I meant was that its only the atheists that call God a sky daddy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593304 Jan 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm fit as a fiddle and thin in the middle.
You, not so much it seems.
Why? Did you see the pics?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593305 Jan 24, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about what the dishinest christians say about getting into heaven.
Ya, those damn dishinest christians....

San Francisco

#593306 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Prolly because cows, chickens & pigs don't snuggle with you like a dog or cat. They aren't family pets, they're livestock.
What about all the pesticides in veggies? They exist, too ya know.
But all those animals are sentient and feel pain. Just because we may bond with some doesn't mean it's OK to enslave, torture, and kill the others.

There are no pesticides (or in any case alot less) in organic veggies. But the problem with organic produce is that the yields are lower, sometimes alot lower, and thus they take more land and resources. But then again, they are less toxic, both for those consuming them and for those growing and harvesting them. But no system is perfect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Michael 590,295
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 38 min Jac 99,991
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr 15th Dalai Lama 4,441
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 1 hr Alix 254
China sends armed officers to Nepal for relief ops 1 hr Kid_Tomorrow 7
Gay teens in the New York Connecticut area (Feb '14) 1 hr joey8451 10
Interracial experience-Mexican men and Black women (Jul '12) 1 hr mario 110
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr swedenforever 176,949
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 22 hr Finley 31
More from around the web