Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
If this was a Christian nation, then the laws would reflect that. Yet it is not the law to observe the Sabbath, slavery is abolished, and women are the legal equals to men. The Bible is not used as a legal reference in court. Christianity is not even the official religion of this country. In no way is the United States a Christian nation.
It really boggles my mind that people who seem to wish for a Christian theocracy turn around and criticize countries which are religious theocracies. We have examples, both past and present, of theocracies, and they don't work, and are not a place anyone would want to live in.
It is contended by many that ours is a Christian government, founded upon the Bible, and that all who look upon the book as false or foolish are destroying the foundation of our country. The truth is, our government is not founded upon the rights of gods, but upon the rights of men. Our Constitution was framed, not to declare and uphold the deity of Christ, but the sacredness of humanity. Ours is the first government made by the people and for the people. It is the only nation with which the gods have had nothing to do. And yet there are some judges dishonest and cowardly enough to solemnly decide that this is a Christian country, and that our free institutions are based upon the infamous laws of Jehovah.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Individuality" (1873)

Our civilization is not Christian. It does not come from the skies. It is not a result of "inspiration." It is the child of invention, of discovery, of applied knowledge -- that is to say, of science. When man becomes great and grand enough to admit that all have equal rights; when thought is untrammeled; when worship shall consist in doing useful things; when religion means the discharge of obligations to our fellow-men, then, and not until then, will the world be civilized.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Reply To The Indianapolis Clergy" The Iconoclast, Indianapolis, Indiana (1882)

Since: May 11

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinions do not cause blacks to act violent, steal, mug, or sell drugs. Pointing out the level of black pathological behaviors does not cause blacks to have a no snitchin policy in their neighborhoods, a high percentage of sociopaths in the black population does.
"People who think like you suppress those you blame, keeping them in the cycle of poverty."
I embrace individualism and I believe that each person should be judged on their individual merits and not by their race. This principle does not mean we must deny statistical race differences, but it bans appeal to them in practical contexts (especially legal contexts), and emphatically bans the application of statistical differences to individuals. It requires you to base your treatment of a person on his traits, not traits he has or is likely to have in virtue of a group to which he belongs and for this very reason is why I reject the racist liberal affirmative action policy that rejects individualism in favor of racial preferences. So who really is the racist here, me who embraces individualism or the liberal who supports racist discrimination via affirmative action laws?
"....keeping them in the cycle of poverty"
People are not dumb because the are poor. They are poor because they are dumb. The people that never came up with the wheel, indoor
plumbing or a written language are not intellectually equal to the people that split the atom, put a man on the moon and cured polio and it is absurd for people like you to continue to blame one group for the failings of the other. Why are there so few Hispanics in the NBA, clearly with a disparity like that someone must be to blame, right? You stubbornly refuse to face reality, no different than the theists you argue with all day, you just have a different motive. You are arguing that natural selection has no impact on the brain so where is your evidence for that? Where in the world do the races behave just alike?
You can intellectualise it all you like but it does not take anything away from the fact that you consider yourself a member of the `master race` based upon nothing but statistics.

Hitler, Himmler and Heydrich would be very proud of you.

You make my skin crawl.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What gets me about RR is despite all his flag waving and so-called patriotism, he doesn't like that the USA is NOT any sort of theocracy and never has been and in all likely probability, never will be.
He claims to love his country yet tries to totally dismiss what this country is all about and how and why it was founded as the secular nation it was.
Christians who make these bogus claims or even desire a christian nation prove that they do not cherish religious freedoms, personal liberty or individual rights. They represent the exact opposite of the fundamental values our country stands for. They are the un-Americans.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

MisterCharrington wrote:
<quoted text>
You can intellectualise it all you like but it does not take anything away from the fact that you consider yourself a member of the `master race` based upon nothing but statistics.
Hitler, Himmler and Heydrich would be very proud of you.
You make my skin crawl.
Nonsense, I would have to be East Asian or Jewish to consider myself that and I am neither one of those two groups.

Stick your bogus claims of hate up your azz you ignorant fool.

Since: May 11

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense, I would have to be East Asian or Jewish to consider myself that and I am neither one of those two groups.
*a pinch of salt for the neo-nazi*

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians who make these bogus claims or even desire a christian nation prove that they do not cherish religious freedoms, personal liberty or individual rights. They represent the exact opposite of the fundamental values our country stands for. They are the un-Americans.
With this I could not agree more. I have told RR several times that he is anti-American. I guess in this case that's the same as saying he is un-American.

Either way, he has no respect for what this nation was truly founded upon and RR would like nothing more than for the USA to be a theocracy and a CRISTIAN one at that considering his never ending moronic claim that the USA is a Christian nation.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Wha?? Jews consider themselves to be the "master race" as do East Asians?

Pat, you are SO off the mark with this post, and it truly is one of your most offensive posts yet.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if that's anywhere close what actually happens. Those in the "know" around here say it is. If it is (or was), then it's fugged up... cheap oil is the ONLY thing that made it feasible.
Also... contrary to what most want to believe, not everything that comes out of China is of shoddy construction. They manufacture a fine product when it comes to furniture.(They also manufacture some crap. So do we).
I know. China makes a lot of junk.

Fast, quick, cheap, junk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
You think all the Founding Fathers were Christians?
Not all of them, no. But most were.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, it is remarks such as this post of yours that fuels racism, anti-Semitism and bigotry.

Jews do NOT consider themselves to be a "master race" and I won't even get into it with you again the fact that Jewish is not any sort of race.

Asians- East Asians or otherwise- also do not consider themselves to be any sort of "master race".

That is what YOU think and in thinking so, it plays right into racism even if you DID mean it as a compliment.

And and I'm sure you know it was HITLER who wanted to create a "master race" of white GENTILES.

And as I'm sure you also know, well.....Jews are not Gentiles nor are the majority of Eastern Asians or Asians in general.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:

Mexico is a nation but you'd call it a race......
But you won't call American a race?
You're a whacko.
OCB wrote:
I said it CAN be considered a race. Do I personally think that Mexican is a race? No- I do not and I never said I did but I do see where on forms such as the ones we were talking about they could consider Mexican to be a race due to the ethnicity of Mexicans.
You are an IDIOT.
Good- call your race American, RR- just another drop in your huge bucket of ignorance and stupidity for ya.....
Then America CAN be considered a race......

You're really odd. How can you bitch & whine for months that American is a nationality only but then turn around and say that Marxian can be considered a race? What's the difference?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. China makes a lot of junk.
Fast, quick, cheap, junk.
And as Hukt pointed out, so does the USA.

There USED to be true quality American craftsmanship; those days are long gone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yes he does.
No I don't, you assumptive troll.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wha?? Jews consider themselves to be the "master race" as do East Asians?
Pat, you are SO off the mark with this post, and it truly is one of your most offensive posts yet.
I drew the Catcher white sheet over this miserable person early on.

I have never seen so much energy devoted to bigotry.

And she is utterly shameless to boot.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all of them, no. But most were.
Address my post to you of last evening, RR.

We DO know that all the founding fathers were male and that they were all white.

Based on what passes as logic for you, if ours is a Christian nation even though only MOST of the founding fathers were Christian but not ALL of them, well- since ALL of them WERE white and since ALL of them were men, then what passes as logic for you would dictate that ours is also a WHITE nation and a MALE nation and of course, neither of those are correct.

Since they are not correct, it is no more correct for you to keep moronically claiming that ours is a Christian nation and all the more since you yourself just said that "most" of them were Christians.
Tyrant lizard king

Chennai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Mexico is a nation but you'd call it a race......
But you won't call American a race?
You're a whacko.
<quoted text>
Then America CAN be considered a race......
You're really odd. How can you bitch & whine for months that American is a nationality only but then turn around and say that Marxian can be considered a race? What's the difference?
I never said Marxian could be considered a race....anyhoo......I said I see why on those forms Mexican could be considered a race due to Mexican ethnicity.

I never said I would PERSONALLY call Mexican a race and actually, I said that PERSONALLY, I would NOT.

You are an IDIOT who can't comprehend what you read to save your life.

Just like with the article I posted about Ford NOT accepting any bailouts which was in the very first sentence but which you couldn't be bothered to actually read or be bothered to read what Ford had to say about the other auto companies that were bailed out and how it affected Ford Motors.

RR- you're a buffoon of the highest order.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

OCB wrote:
RR would like nothing more than for the USA to be a theocracy and a CRISTIAN one at that considering his never ending moronic claim that the USA is a Christian nation.
Why do you lie so much?

I've posted repeatedly that I don't want America to be theocracy.

Stop lying, wench.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And as Hukt pointed out, so does the USA.
There USED to be true quality American craftsmanship; those days are long gone.
American made still shows a higher quality than made in china.

Show a little bit of patriotism, would ya?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No I don't, you assumptive troll.
Whatever. For the third time, the USA is no more a Christian nation than it is a white nation or a male nation despite having been founded by ALL men who were ALL white.

And I'm not a troll, you jerkwad- pfft- you no more know the definition of a troll as it pertains to the internet than you know what actually defines the USA.

Stick it up your ass, you worrisome old grandmother.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

610 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min KayMarie 532,788
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min Charlie Sheen 256,512
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 7 min Naveen kumar 4,799
Same sex marriage 11 min yon 10
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 17 min ChromiuMan 5,240
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 43 min blind man n the bleachers 599,089
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr GodsLovestheBestLove 115,096
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr Reshi 76
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 hr The Awakener 172,400
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••