“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#592874 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>10 years??? WRONG- yet AGAIN.
Go do some research on Hondas. You will see that you are wrong.
And Honda's reputation far excels that of Chevy.
You're living in the past, man......

Depends on what you are looking at, For instance how many Honda's have won or even competed in the 24 hours of Le' Mans ,
Have they produced a World class car? How many Honda powered cars won the Indianapolis ? I'm not knocking Honda they make great cars
but you mistake reputation for legendary. The Small block Chevy engine is the most all time racing engine ever produced.
It is legendary and unequaled even now. The Lingenfelter Corvette
could do 0-60 in 1.97 sec with slicks , unequaled even by the famous Bugatti Veyron , the twin turbo vettes held the fastest car in the world records before more than once. The Vector with holding top speed record of production cars etc,,,

The Japanese can compete , but do not have the history of champions
like Americans, Germans as well as the Italians do. They are making it there though, and some have been impressive. But again we talk legend vs up and coming.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#592875 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You mean, you THINK human life started in Africa...
No, I KNOW human life started in Africa. I do not dwell in ignorance like you. You should pick up a book sometime.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/cracking-th...

http://www.amazon.com/Born-Africa-Quest-Origi...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#592876 Jan 23, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the trend now is for more and more manufacturing to come back to the US, especially southern states. The economy has made labor here cheaper, and rising fuel prices makes shipping more expensive. By the time you factor in things like customs duty and quality control issues, it's often less expensive to do things locally.
As it should be.

Furniture is the local industry where I live >>> Thomasville, High Point, Lexington, etc.

Over the last couple of decades, several factories have shut down. Some have recently reopened... but, back when they were closing, the given reason was that it was more cost efficient to send lumber to China and let them turn it into furniture.

That always struck as, well, STUPID... even though it prolly was more cost efficient (but only in terms of money).

Let's examine the process...

1- Trees (hardwoods) are harvested from the Eastern U.S.

2- They get transported to saw mills/lumber yards for milling/curing.

3- Eventually, the wood is put on a train and makes its way to the West Coast.

4- It's loaded onto a cargo ship and makes its way across the Pacific.

5- It arrives at a Chinese port from where it's transported via train/truck/both to a furniture factory.

6- Finished furniture is transported back to the shipping port and makes its way back across the Pacific to the U.S. West Coast.

7- It's taken off the ship, gets put on a train, and makes its way back to North Carolina.

8- The furniture sits in a warehouse for a few weeks or months... until it gets purchased/ordered.

9- It gets loaded onto a truck to be delivered to the customer. The customer could be anywhere in the country... more times than not, back towards the West Coast.

WTF?

Location hidden

#592877 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Henry Ford invented the assembly line and barbecue brickettes. Ever hear of KongsFord?
Here ya go, right back atcha.
Your ignorance about Fords is no less astounding than your ignorance about....well...about pretty much everything.
I don't think it's a big deal that you are not at all familiar with Fords, but don't spout the crap you did about them since it's obvious you have NO idea as to what you are talking about.
Not only are Fords one of the very few best and safest made cars on the market today, they deliver quite a bang for your buck.
And Fords are known for keeping their value and for their great resale value much more so than the majority of other cars on the market.

Location hidden

#592878 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Oh boy. Well if, IF, Honda can ever get the reputation of long lasting durability & reliability as that of a Chevy, you can talk..
The resale value of Hondas blows chevies away.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#592879 Jan 23, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, and I wanted to see if there was any intellectual honesty going on.
Was there?

Location hidden

#592880 Jan 23, 2013
Here is a Small Block Chevy powered record jump.

337 feet Top that!

Location hidden

#592881 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I've always been a Ford man
One of my best friends is upper management for them. He always gets me a new car for 5 -6,000 less than the dealers pay for them :p

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#592882 Jan 23, 2013
grannysticks wrote:
Well, prove that there is not! You can't convince me that everything was invented from a Big Bang. You can't convince me that everything prophetic that is happening in the world and that was foretold in the Bible is not of God, our creator.
If you can't be convinced of anything, then why should we bother?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#592883 Jan 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>For someone who "doesn't give a flying fugg" you sure rant about it a lot.
RR finally admitted to having a drug problem.

He isn't in denial anymore.

That's what matters.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#592884 Jan 23, 2013
Just kidding, RR.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592885 Jan 23, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
As it should be.
Furniture is the local industry where I live >>> Thomasville, High Point, Lexington, etc.
Over the last couple of decades, several factories have shut down. Some have recently reopened... but, back when they were closing, the given reason was that it was more cost efficient to send lumber to China and let them turn it into furniture.
That always struck as, well, STUPID... even though it prolly was more cost efficient (but only in terms of money).
Let's examine the process...
1- Trees (hardwoods) are harvested from the Eastern U.S.
2- They get transported to saw mills/lumber yards for milling/curing.
3- Eventually, the wood is put on a train and makes its way to the West Coast.
4- It's loaded onto a cargo ship and makes its way across the Pacific.
5- It arrives at a Chinese port from where it's transported via train/truck/both to a furniture factory.
6- Finished furniture is transported back to the shipping port and makes its way back across the Pacific to the U.S. West Coast.
7- It's taken off the ship, gets put on a train, and makes its way back to North Carolina.
8- The furniture sits in a warehouse for a few weeks or months... until it gets purchased/ordered.
9- It gets loaded onto a truck to be delivered to the customer. The customer could be anywhere in the country... more times than not, back towards the West Coast.
WTF?
That's a weird process, I agree.

But china produces its own lumber, too.

Beautiful birch, almost as nice as American birch.

Location hidden

#592886 Jan 23, 2013
[QUOTE who="RiversideRedneck
America is a Christian nation. Always has been, always will be..
[/QUOTE]Oops.... LOL..

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-03-09/living/us....

Location hidden

#592887 Jan 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>The resale value of Hondas blows chevies away.
A fad doesn't represent long lasting durability.

Hondas are good, but they've got a long way to go to catch up with the durability & power of American vehicles.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#592888 Jan 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>MSG has the same affect as cocaine on me. I have to read the ingredients list on any processed foods I'm interested in buying.
You lucky dog!

For most users, there's no substitute.

Location hidden

#592890 Jan 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>One of my best friends is upper management for them. He always gets me a new car for 5 -6,000 less than the dealers pay for them :p
I like the old Ford trucks. The new ones are far too pretty.

And a truck ain't s'posed to have a damn cup holder.
endtime

AOL

#592891 Jan 23, 2013

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

Location hidden

#592892 Jan 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>No, I KNOW human life started in Africa. I do not dwell in ignorance like you. You should pick up a book sometime.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/cracking-th...
http://www.amazon.com/Born-Africa-Quest-Origi...
A book? Lol. The first one was a TV show, the 2nd was titled "the search for the origins of..."

I know you want to believe what you read, but it's just a belief.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#592893 Jan 23, 2013
God wrote:
<quoted text>Your challenge is redundant.Prove i'm not God.
Prove you are God.

What color is my hair?

Location hidden

#592894 Jan 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>The resale value of Hondas blows chevies away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min Rosa_Winkel 227,672
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Regina 542,857
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min Dr_Zorderz 259,610
Last Post Wins !!! [ game time :) ] (Jan '11) 25 min Bev Jamison 2,415
Beauty comes in many COLORS 29 min Doctor REALITY 5
Sarah Palin look alike 33 min Bev Jamison 2
Louie Farrakahn leading millions straight to hell. 34 min Doctor REALITY 17
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 35 min HipGnosis 173,727
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr ms simmer 153

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••