Prove there's a god.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#593348 Jan 24, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, a pig will act very much like a dog if it's treated like one.
Takes me back to the Vietnamese potbelly pig craze... A girl I knew who lived in a rural area had one, and to this day, it's still the coolest critter I've ever come across.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#593349 Jan 24, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
J eeps
E at
E very
P enny
I've owned two, both new... a '97 Sahara and '04 Rubicon. They shared the same body style and of all that have been produced... that one in particular was my favorite.

IMO, they were the only remaining true American sports car... convertibles to boot! It was fun pulling up next to a Camaro at a stop light and, on green, watching some motorhead's eyes widen in the rear view as they floored their machine trying to keep up... to around 60MPH; they'd eventually pass me... but off the line >>> no competition.

Wasteful... yes... but great fun for the morning drive to work!

On the highway, the Ruby made about 12 miles to the gallon. It was ridiculous for something no larger than it was to get such crummy mileage.

After driving one for 9 years, a Jeep kinda becomes part of one's personality. It hurt, really hurt, giving it up... but, it was worth it.

Also, I should mention... Jeeps are notorious for rear-end issues. Neither of mine was an exception.

So, yeah...

They do eat money.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#593350 Jan 24, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No government last for ever, the government is the people, voted for from the people by the people, there will as far as is foreseeable be people.
As far as I am aware it wasn’t always free elections anywhere, political systems change, political ideas change, that’s one reason why the British constitution is not a formal document.
And if your countries government fell like Russia there would be anarchy with the guy (or bear) with the biggest gun as the leader whether the people wanted that system of dictatorship or not.
I beg to differ, the teeth of America you will not pull.
And more deadly than all our forces combined , is the will of those who brandish the arms and god given right to do so.

In short you will fear the collective might of our strength.
We can use military to project this anywhere.
But never mistake the idea that this same strength does not exist here , in the hands of our people.

America, a force to be reckoned with. Love her, or leave her alone, or she may come gunning for you.

http://classconnection.s3.amazonaws.com/230/f...

Now listen up..

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#593351 Jan 24, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I never considered it that way, you could have a point, follow the sheep, yes, makes sense
Wolves walk point , and bear teeth.
Fall in line or fall.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#593352 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
I didn't know that about cottage cheese.
Yes body builders are on a strict routine to consume protein. They used to have to consume some every couple of hours, even during the night. Then it was discovered about cottage cheese and because it stays in the gut a lot longer it's kind of like a protein time release capsule, so they can get more sleep, and not have to wake up every couple of hours to consume more protein.

It's also a very good way to lose weight, although most people mistakenly think it has the opposite effect. Here's how it works. Your body does most of its repairing and healing at night during your stage 3 and stage 4 sleep cycles. To do this it needs protein, and it gets it from your muscles, cannibalizing them. The less muscle you have the more fat, so holding on to it is always a good idea. When you eat cottage cheese around an hour before you go to sleep your body will use the protein from the cottage cheese directly, instead of cannibalizing your muscles. This helps to keep you leaner, instead of gaining fat.

And the McRib thing....yech. It amazes me anyone eats that fast-food crap.
Yeah it's amazing. The McRib contains over 100 chemicals, including azodicarbonamide which is used to make yoga mats and tennis shoes. Azodicarbonamide is banned in Europe and Australia as a food additive, but not here in the good ol USA.

FDA? What FDA?

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#593353 Jan 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, you lied when you said you loved me
And I had no cause to doubt you.
But I'd rather go on hearing your lies
Than go on living without you.
Now the stage is bare and I'm standing there
With emptiness all around
And if you wont come back to me
Then make them bring the curtain down.
OK, who said that, and where?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#593354 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Healthy? Well, it's possibly healthier than other forms of meat, depending on how many hormones and pesticides you are piling up by eating it regularly. As for taste, human babies might taste good when prepared in the same way, but I doubt you'd consider that moral. Have any pets? Ever wonder what they'd taste like? Why is eating a dog or cat considered wrong, but eating a cow, chicken, or pig is OK? Makes no sense.
I understand where you are coming from, however, having been born and raised on a livestock farm, where all of the animals, except the cats and dogs, were kept for food and/or milk, and having farmed myself plus obtained a degree in Sc with my major being animal science, a good deal of which was related to the production and use of meat, I cannot be entirely in agreement.

As for the pesticides and other chemicals, similar concerns can be raised about just being a vegan because everything on this earth is growing in a polluted environment, so whether the chemicals are added intentionally, or they just get there because they are there, we don't have anything that can be absolutely free of all foreign substances.

The meat that man has eaten as long as man has been around, according to what we understand, would only exist, at least in the numbers that do exist, if it was to be used for humans, because the earth could not support both an unlimited population of the animals we now eat plus the humans, and grow enough food for all of us animals. If we moved entirely from the eating of domesticated animals then they would still have to be culled, or exterminated entirely. Since man could not get any monetary recovery from them, they could not be fed, except by what they could find on their own, and they, of course, would be very vulnerable prey for animals which eat only meat. I don't suppose being torn apart by dogs, wolves, or bears would be any more humane than being humanely killed in a slaughter-house.

We do get some of our food from areas of the earth, which produce plants which humans cannot utilize, but which cattle for example, can, which then turns that non-usable product into a usable meat product.

It is said and, I think likely the numbers are correct, that if people ate only plants there is more than adequate land on earth to grow all the plant food we need, and that would be more efficient than putting it through animals, but then again the animals would have to be eliminated, to a great extent, or they would consume the plants on that land. Many areas of Ontario and some of the neighboring states are already seeing their gardens being eaten up by the increasing deer populations.

It is not a black and white issue, except for a minority of people who have chosen the vegan lifestyle. It would be much more complex if we all did it.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#593355 Jan 24, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah the Fusion was a big surprise. It's an amazing car. They should be coming out with their all electric version (called the Energy) soon. I forget which it is but either the Fiesta or the Focus is now the best selling car world wide. The new Lincoln is pretty amazing too. It has a glass roof that slides off and push button shifting. Fords new EcoBoost engine is pretty amazing too. They're doing a lot of good things which is nice to see. Keep your eyes on Kia too, they are following right in Hondas footsteps.
<quoted text>
Yes it was. Way over budget and I heard they catch fire. They'll fix it though. The new Buicks and Caddys are very nice. GM is making much better cars now that they've removed Oldsmobile, Pontiac, and a few others.
<quoted text>
Except for the new Corvette.
The only Corvette I've ever REALLY liked was the Stingray, and it's back. The new one is awesome.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#593356 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Meat is a highly inefficient and environmentally damaging way of getting protein, even not taking into account the cruelty in killing a sentient being for food. Meat production takes far more water and plant material to produce than eating the plant material itself. It also takes up alot more arable land. And then there is the destruction of the environment of the sea by gross over-fishing.
The reality is, as the human population of the Earth continues to multiply exponentially, eating meat will become unsustainable. Eating meat is immoral, for many, many reasons.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#593357 Jan 24, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
That's truly a shame to hear Hukt.
I guess there's a fine line between faith and common sense. Sometimes that line may not be clear and unfortunate things like that happen.
I read Kevin Trudeau's books and that he was a sheister. I've also posted previously about my own personal feelings about some of those "televangelists"
smdh
Thanks, Al.

It's in the past and we're all moving on. Time heals, when we let it.

I've really only touched the surface of what my nephew went through. It isn't my place to sit here and badmouth the woman or her family... though, it did get pretty bad >>> Her mother had the gall to assume she some kind of a legal right to the children. A sh!tstorm ensued... and my nephew isn't the type to put up with a whole-lot-a nonsense. That was my biggest concern >>> Having him emotionally coerced into doing something foolish and the kids winding up without a mother or father.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#593358 Jan 24, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You can still find out what the 'smell' is. Just go on line and use the troubleshooter. You'll need your model number. I just had to replace the heating element in my oven (GE) but other than that it has been OK. I am going to switch to Induction pretty soon and then I won't be using the oven for to much.
I've never used a gas stove so I don't know how the broiler works but it might just be some insulation burning off.
You never used a grenade or assault rifle either, but for some of these are the tools to live and die by.

Location hidden

#593359 Jan 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
people who reject God's morality hafta substitute their own standards of morality in order to appease their conscience. yeah, they start feeling very smug about things like not eating meat, driving prius' at 40 miles an hour in the passing lane and goofy stuff like that:)
Not a whole lot different than those that accept God's morality but live according to their own morality in spite of the fact they think they might go to hell for doing so. Perhaps the big difference is the non-believer can live that way without all that fear and guilt while the believer just complicates his sinful life by having to worry about "what will God think?".

Ironically, if one was to use the people who post here as representative of the whole population, then it would appear based on those here that in general non-believers have a better attitude towards other people than do believers.

IMO though, I would tend to doubt the sincerity of many here who claim to be believers. I highly suspect their strength of belief is mainly to be argumentative.

Location hidden

#593360 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
chicken tastes very good & can be made in so many different ways. It's also very healthy, as long as its the white meat, no skin & it's not fried.
I used to love chicken too, in fact it was my favorite food. That was until I learned the truth about it. Chickens are fed large amounts of antibiotics, pesticides and drugs to keep them alive in conditions that would otherwise kill them. A USDA study found that more than 99 percent of broiler chicken carcasses sold in stores had detectable levels of E. coli, indicating fecal contamination.
Chicken flesh (and eggs) are packed with cholesterol—a small 3-ounce piece of skinless chicken breast meat has as much cholesterol as beef. Grilled chicken—a popular alternative to fried—commonly contains PhIP (2-Amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimid azo[ 4,5-b]pyridine), which contributes to the development of certain types of cancers including breast and prostate.
A common industry practice involves feeding chickens arsenic in order to make them grow faster.
http://www.organicauthority.com/blog/organic/...
HCAs (heterocyclic amines) are found in cooked meats including chicken, and has been linked to an increased risk of cancer. A Consumer Reports analysis found that 83 percent of fresh, whole broiler chickens purchased across the US had high levels of campylobacter or salmonella (Campylobacter is the leading cause of food poisoning in the U.S).
I love my occasional KFC but I do NOT eat it very often anymore. Chicken simply isn't as good for you as it used to be in the 'old' days.

Location hidden

#593361 Jan 24, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
The only Corvette I've ever REALLY liked was the Stingray, and it's back. The new one is awesome.
Yeah I briefly saw it the other day. It looks amazing. I hope it still has the head up display. Wonder what is will cost.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#593362 Jan 24, 2013
AnnieJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Most cows are vegan unless forced to eat things other that plant matter.
Strange isn't it...eating red meat for the protein that cows got from plants.
Slaughter them I will , the taste of blood and red meat. Sorry something will live...and something will die,

There's only denial to this fact. Predation is the way of life, get in the way and you will become a causality.

Yeah that look in my eye.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#593363 Jan 24, 2013
Mylan wrote:
I saw a new volkswagon the other day (not sure which model) and it looked really nice. I was really surprised. They used to be like over sized go-carts but this new one looked nice. Not sure I could buy any car that had to do with hitler though. LOL...
The Jetta and Golf TDI versions are pretty cool.

I still don't like the Beetle.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#593364 Jan 24, 2013
Forum carlsbad nm wrote:
<quoted text>
They are advertising the electric car now.
Maybe our air will be cleaner.
Maybe you will live through me. Or not.

Location hidden

#593365 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lie?
RR, why do you bother putting up a disagreement when you can't help but know you are wrong? On issues such as the existence of a god, there is always room for doubt, but as for being a race, American is not a race, nor has it ever been, nor will it ever be. Race as is/was previously defined is based on genetics not location of habitation, though today the experts are starting to doubt those racial distinctions actually exist.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#593366 Jan 24, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting story and I'm flattered that you asked for my input/opinion.
I would probably leave the issue alone as much as I could given the young ages of the boys, but I probably would do what I could to impart to them that the most important thing for them to know and what they could be totally sure of is that their mom will always be with THEM- in their hearts.
Thanks, Mrs. Blues.

:)

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#593367 Jan 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm fit as a fiddle and thin in the middle.
You, not so much it seems.
RR's built like a sh!t brickhouse!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
women who don't wear panties at all (May '09) 2 min HornySarah 2
Who are the most racist people towards inter-ra... 30 min spotlight on truth 3
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 39 min Correct 53,129
exhibitionism (Jul '13) 58 min HornySarah 10
Is God a "Bully" sometimes? 9 hr Doctor REALITY 26
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 hr Phooey 693,483
Savannah Brinson James: I'm really happy 4 U 10 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 hr Holy Pipek 446,005
More from around the web