Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#593305 Jan 24, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about what the dishinest christians say about getting into heaven.
Ya, those damn dishinest christians....

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#593306 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Prolly because cows, chickens & pigs don't snuggle with you like a dog or cat. They aren't family pets, they're livestock.
What about all the pesticides in veggies? They exist, too ya know.
But all those animals are sentient and feel pain. Just because we may bond with some doesn't mean it's OK to enslave, torture, and kill the others.

There are no pesticides (or in any case alot less) in organic veggies. But the problem with organic produce is that the yields are lower, sometimes alot lower, and thus they take more land and resources. But then again, they are less toxic, both for those consuming them and for those growing and harvesting them. But no system is perfect.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593307 Jan 24, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Who operates the reproductive control tower and gets to decide this? Maybe we should use an IQ test to decide who can and can't reproduce and limit it to the top ten percent? That would certainly be good for our species and the planet!
Are you saying that since we as a species right now are way out of balance with nature and causing great damage to virtually every ecosystem on the planet that anybody who has a baby is immoral?
No. I think he meant that everyone that has a litter instead of a family is over-producing.

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned how Mexican families tend to be very large.

Oh nevermind, you only hate blacks.
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#593308 Jan 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well, they always have sex on their minds cuz they have pubic hair on their heads
Christians say the darnedest things...

San Francisco

#593309 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither do Christians.
What I meant was that its only the atheists that call God a sky daddy.
Oooooh. You made a funny. I missed it. It's hard to have a sense of humor when your godless state causes you to marinade in so much rage, you know? But now I get it. Satan must be on break.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593310 Jan 24, 2013
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
well, they always have sex on their minds cuz they have pubic hair on their heads
hehe

San Francisco

#593311 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh. I hate having classifications & names for everything we do.
I know. Sometimes the mania to label everything neatly and put it into nice organized folders is a bit much. But most of the time clear communication necessitates it. Problem is of course that the universe is a messy place, and doesn't think much of our human mania for labels and nice clean classifications.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#593313 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Respect the mother.
After all, the kids only 7. He'll find his own way. Don't indoctrinate him into atheism. Or you're no better than the mom for indoctrinating him in religion.
Their mother had a serious illness... and she was of a highly religious mindset. She refused the advise and treatment of some of the best doctors (Duke and Wake Forrest), opting in favor "quack cures" and prayer. She was absolutely convinced that she had some kind of mold infection, even though every real test she underwent ruled that out.

If she had listened to real medical professionals instead of the likes of Kevin Trudeau, she may have had a few extra years to spend with her boys.

Her belief in an afterlife may have been a comfort to her, but it nearly bankrupted her husband, whom she literally accused of being the devil when he complained about all the checks she sent to ministries like the '700 club'(BTW, they were already separated).

She wrote one check for $2,000 and gave it to her preacher. She disowned him after he informed my nephew about it and gave the check back, even after my nephew told him to keep it (so, good on the preacher).

Sorry, but I have a hard time respecting that... and will counter everything and anything my sister, or anyone else, tells them about the correctness of the religion they were born into.

Do you think I'm such a horrible person for explaining to them that a man didn't really live inside a fish? Or that the first man wasn't literally fashioned from dirt? Or for demonstrating with a garden hose that rainbows are an optical phenomenon that have nothing to do with a promise made by a supernatural jerk?

I'll respect their memory of their mother, a great deal of which isn't the reality with regard to the state her mind and body was in during her last months with us.

Their father deserves respect also and his wishes are that they grow up understanding the world for what it is as best they can... he has trust in me for that.

Anon

Cleveland, OH

#593314 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Gawd, that McRib is the nastiest thang. I don't know what's in it, but it sure ain't meat.
Here's the top 10 foods that are high in protein, I eat them all except tofu.
http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/fo...
Notice that in 100g of chicken, you get 30g. 92g for just a half breast.
Then look at soy beans, in 100g you only get 17g of protein.
Chicken has twice as much, pound for pound.
Ah, screw the whole thing. "Step into a Slim Jim."

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#593315 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jefferson was a bad ass. He was a die hard patriot, a man of God, honest (for a politician).
Rewrote the Bible? No, why?
He didn't believe in the divinity of your savior.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593316 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooh. You made a funny. I missed it. It's hard to have a sense of humor when your godless state causes you to marinade in so much rage, you know? But now I get it. Satan must be on break.
Yes. You're an evil, evil man.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#593317 Jan 24, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm in love with Toyota's FJ Cruiser. Almost traded for one.
But, in terms of fuel mileage, they're no better than a Jeep. Any 4X4 will suffer in that respect.
I'm happy with my little truck.
J eeps
E at
E very
P enny

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593318 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
But all those animals are sentient and feel pain. Just because we may bond with some doesn't mean it's OK to enslave, torture, and kill the others.
There are no pesticides (or in any case alot less) in organic veggies. But the problem with organic produce is that the yields are lower, sometimes alot lower, and thus they take more land and resources. But then again, they are less toxic, both for those consuming them and for those growing and harvesting them. But no system is perfect.
Cows are pretty much worthless, they're not really good for anything other than for eating, which they excel at that.

Chickens are pretty much only good for cleaning out the horse poop and debugging your corral, other than that they're only good for eating.

I know all the problems about organic veggies, I only buy them. I think they're worth the extra expense.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#593319 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but a group of people who claim that they are God's favorite by birthright is particularly obnoxious IMHO. Yes, Jews do allow Gentiles to convert, but they discourage it.
Not true. The Jewish community as a whole welcomes any and all who wish to convert to Judaism.

As far as it being obnoxious for Jews to think of themselves as the bible god's favorite, that would only apply to those Jews who believe in the bible.

As I am a non-practicing Jew (but was still born INTO the religion of Judaism) I don't see that any god which might exist would play favorites.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#593320 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's a fake site, duh.
And you were able to determine that just how????

Cause you pulled it out of your lard ass?

PFFT.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593321 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. Sometimes the mania to label everything neatly and put it into nice organized folders is a bit much. But most of the time clear communication necessitates it. Problem is of course that the universe is a messy place, and doesn't think much of our human mania for labels and nice clean classifications.
Yep. That's why I enjoy messing with everybody when they ask what my race is and I simply say American. It's hours and hours and hours of pleasure wrapped into one neat little sentence.

Anyway, I'm out for the night. later.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#593322 Jan 24, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Their mother had a serious illness... and she was of a highly religious mindset. She refused the advise and treatment of some of the best doctors (Duke and Wake Forrest), opting in favor "quack cures" and prayer. She was absolutely convinced that she had some kind of mold infection, even though every real test she underwent ruled that out.
If she had listened to real medical professionals instead of the likes of Kevin Trudeau, she may have had a few extra years to spend with her boys.
Her belief in an afterlife may have been a comfort to her, but it nearly bankrupted her husband, whom she literally accused of being the devil when he complained about all the checks she sent to ministries like the '700 club'(BTW, they were already separated).
She wrote one check for $2,000 and gave it to her preacher. She disowned him after he informed my nephew about it and gave the check back, even after my nephew told him to keep it (so, good on the preacher).
Sorry, but I have a hard time respecting that... and will counter everything and anything my sister, or anyone else, tells them about the correctness of the religion they were born into.
Do you think I'm such a horrible person for explaining to them that a man didn't really live inside a fish? Or that the first man wasn't literally fashioned from dirt? Or for demonstrating with a garden hose that rainbows are an optical phenomenon that have nothing to do with a promise made by a supernatural jerk?
I'll respect their memory of their mother, a great deal of which isn't the reality with regard to the state her mind and body was in during her last months with us.
Their father deserves respect also and his wishes are that they grow up understanding the world for what it is as best they can... he has trust in me for that.
That's truly a shame to hear Hukt.
I guess there's a fine line between faith and common sense. Sometimes that line may not be clear and unfortunate things like that happen.
I read Kevin Trudeau's books and that he was a sheister. I've also posted previously about my own personal feelings about some of those "televangelists"
smdh

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#593323 Jan 24, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
RE: Humans are animals.
Not too long ago, I had a similar "discussion" with a 6-year-old (a great-nephew; age 7 now)... and like many kids, upon first being informed of it, he was appalled with the notion that humans are animals... and that's understandable.
I won't get into every detail of the exchange... but, it all started with a glimpse of 'Planet of the Apes'(the remake) while channel surfing... so, perhaps you can imagine some of the questions his uncle had to contend with. After being forced to provide in-depth verbal dissertations on the intricacies of time travel, wormhole physics, and the dangers of genetic enhancement... I finally got around to bluntly stating that humans are primates/animals.
He giggled and laughed and and rolled his eyes and never really came around to accepting the truth of it... and that maybe partly my fault, as I'm all the time calling him "monkey-boy" and saying that "I'm a monkey's uncle", etc. He's used to me being a big goofball. He isn't used to me being forthright and serious about much of anything.
All-in-all, it was cute... he's just a kid after all, but one that's inquisitive and full of questions, so I have confidence that he'll one day make the connection. He has a younger brother, by one year, that wasn't at all interested in our relentless banter. That one wanted us to shut-up! He was just trying to enjoy the danged movie as best he could and we were making that AWFUL hard to do!
Anyway, and here's where it got painful... one topic lead to another and Monkey-Boy eventually said something that wasn't so cute.
He understands (understood, as the case was), as well as a 6-year-old can (or could; you know what I mean), that his great-uncle doesn't believe there's a god. He's heard his father, who's ambivalent about it, and I discussing it. His grandmother, my sister, is the family fundy... and she has the boy indoctrinated pretty good.
So... what did he say?
“You'll find out one day!”
A six-year-old!
What does one say in response to something like that?
Before answering, you should also know... the boys had recently lost their mother to something called Devic's Disease.
Knowing where an honest response would likely lead, I was really at a loss. Their dad just looked at me and shrugged as if to say, "Don't blame me for that... that's Mom's doing."
How would you have proceeded?
Interesting story and I'm flattered that you asked for my input/opinion.

I would probably leave the issue alone as much as I could given the young ages of the boys, but I probably would do what I could to impart to them that the most important thing for them to know and what they could be totally sure of is that their mom will always be with THEM- in their hearts.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#593324 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. That's why I enjoy messing with everybody when they ask what my race is and I simply say American. It's hours and hours and hours of pleasure wrapped into one neat little sentence.
Thank "GOD". And don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya- right in that lard butt of yours, Butterball boy.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#593325 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a moron such as you are would derive pleasure from making yourself look ignorant and stupid.

You "simply" say American because your simple little mind refuses to accept that a nationality is not a race.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min Chicagoan by Birth 51,701
Who are you voting for March 24th.. City council?? 11 min Joejowiseman 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min Michael 693,160
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 42 min Peter Ross 445,966
when will i be able to dip after wisdom teeth r... (Jan '13) 1 hr bigLips 27
THE WHITAKER FAMILY of ODD, WV (Sep '11) 1 hr They eat people 81
Glass and blood in hotel was O.J. trying to set... 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
More from around the web