Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, you tell me. Because you just showed how a Chinese person becoming an American is no longer Chinese, but American.
Ethnicity: affiliation - that Chinese person is now affiliated with America.
Nationality: naturalization - that Chinese person is now a nationalized American.
Thanks!
Again the morally challenged theist offers up a lie and uses a bogus definition of ethnicity.

ethnic group - belonging to or deriving from the cultural, racial, religious, or linguistic traditions of a people or country.

One does not lose their ethnicity because they move from one location to another.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know if you've ever seen the old TV show The Beverly Hillbillies but Redneck reminds me so much of Jethro. On the TV show it's funny, but being like that in real life is honestly sad.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Except that Jethro was good natured, generous and kind hearted.

RR is NONE of those things.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you here when he insisted that alcohol isn't a drug and that cigarettes don't contain a drug?
Eh?

Please find the post where I said cigarettes don't contain a drug....

I'll wait.

OCB won't though, you have to respond immediately.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true. We are all born credulous. So as I lived my life and became more sophisticated and learned to be skeptical of claims, especially extraordinary claims, I now have an expectation of evidence and proof prior to accepting such claims. So has that damned me to Hell?
Don't you apply skepticism to other religions? Why do you make a special exception for one in particular?
Because hypocrisy is an integral part of the theist package is why.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>He needs to hang around 7 year olds so he can become more educated. In the end it doesn't matter what RR thinks, he can't undo his DNA. His lack of basic knowledge makes him very backward and uneducated. This I feel is one of the biggest problems in this country.
DNA? Lol, tell me - what is your DNA's heritage?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't teach people to rely on everyone else's hard work....
Oh hush- you're not going to win "martyr of the year award" with your incessant WHINING.

You're clueless- I posted just one of COUNTLESS stories of people who have been looking for a job for YEARS and haven't found one and through absolutely no fault of their own.

Just consider yourself lucky that YOU are not among them.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- I missed that. Are you serious? Rhetorical question since I know you are serious but it's hard to fathom just how astounding RR's willful ignorance and intellectual laziness truly is.
Oh- and he also thinks every car made by a foreign owned car company is manufactured in that foreign country and then each car is shipped here.
That's his ignorance in motion trying to justify his love of gas guzzling vehicles.
You're such a liar.

Does it make you feel good?
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Einstein but that shows NO such thing. In fact it shows just the opposite. Wow you're being really dense today. You might want to go to the doctor and see if you have a brain blood clot.
Nobody defends their ignorance as staunchly as RR.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And some people like being a redneck.
Rather they have no choice but to be.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But you failed to mention that you lost those discussions when you were proven wrong.
Heritage:
1. something that comes or belongs to one by reason of birth; an inherited lot or portion: a heritage of poverty and suffering; a national heritage of honor, pride, and courage.
2. something reserved for one: the heritage of the righteous.
3. any property, especially land, that devolves by right of inheritance.
See the very FIRST definition? Something that comes to one by reason of BIRTH.
You're born in America, you're American.
You're born in Italy, you're Italian.
You're born in Russia, you're Russian.
ET al.
<quoted text>
Because that IS my heritage. I AM none other than 100% American.
My ancestors were nothing but 100% German & Dutch. Why? BECAUSE THEY CANE FROM GERMANY & HOLLAND.
I didn't.
<quoted text>
And again you show how your imagination is skewed. My dad tried pushing Dutch crap on me & my brothers for years. I fought with him, telling you exactly what I told him.
That my ancestors are what they were because of where they came from - where they were born.
My German ancestors had ancestors from France.
So WTF? They never called themselves French, they didn't come from France, they're ancestors did.
Dummy.

American, etc. are NATIONALITIES- a nationality is not synonymous with HERITAGE.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody defends their ignorance as staunchly as RR.
Damn! Another great post- and not annoying at all- lol!

:-)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such a liar.
Does it make you feel good?
I'M a liar? Are you drunk on your drug-free alcohol (again?)

Just yesterday you said it took 200 million gallons of gas to get my Honda here from overseas.

I proved you WRONG- yet AGAIN.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

OCB wrote:
That you were right doesn't change the fact that you ARE a homophobe.
No, RR-gays do NOT have more rights than the rest of us- we all have the "right" to parade around naked assuming we are willing to face the possible legal consequences of doing so.
Again- you offered no proof that there are no arrests of people who are naked at parades.
You simply ASSUME that.
And I DID admit I was wrong- learn to friggin' read!
To be a homophobe is to either fear or have an aversion to gays. I have neither. Again, you're wrong.

Guess what? Those gays parading around naked in San Fran have no fear of facing a legal consequence. Nobody presses charges because people like you will label them as homophobes....

There were no arrests made.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're born in America, you're American.
You're born in Italy, you're Italian.
You're born in Russia, you're Russian.
A person is NOT just one thing you moron. If someone from Italy moves here and becomes a citizen then they are BOTH Italian and a American citizen. Wow, you're amazingly dense sometimes. You need to take a basic course in DNA.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh?
Please find the post where I said cigarettes don't contain a drug....
I'll wait.
OCB won't though, you have to respond immediately.
No.....I'll wait and I trust Hukt's memory over yours any day, fella.

And I have NO doubt that you DID say ALCOHOL is not a drug.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly? Because it's the only one that makes sense to me.
I'm sure it's the most familiar one to you. For the vast majority of religious people, that is how they choose their religion. Had you been born in Classical Greece you'd probably worship Zeus. Had you been born in pre-Columbia Mexico around 600 AD you'd probably be sacrificing to Quetzalcoatl. Had you been born in modern Tehran you'd likely be Muslim. But just because a religion is pervasive in the time and place you live doesn't mean it's true.

Religions are simply reflections of the values and culture of the societies that invent them. Christianity is no different. It was essentially a reboot of Judaism. Likewise Islam was a later cultural revision. And even Christianity has changed rather drastically since the councils of Nicea decided what documents to include in the canon of the Bible. As we've discussed before, slavery is no linger considered moral, even though the Bible says it's fine, because when it's various parts were written, slavery was considered normal. Likewise racism is rejected now. And we are seeing society recognize that homophobia is also immoral, and Christianity will have to adapt to that change too. But to go back to the original point, all religions are cultural projections, but that doesn't make any of them true.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, you lower YOURSELF to homophobia because you ARE a homophobe.
I didn't make you that way- YOU did.
Try accepting personal responsibility for your own words and your own views.
Oh, I take full responsibility for my words & views.

Your liberal mind can't grasp the thought of someone viewing things differently than you, that's all.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because a sexual preference or orientation is not a race, religion, or ethnic background....
So what. It is a distinction just as relevant as race, religion or ethnic background. The fact they are singled out and discriminated against justifies looking at them as a minority group. It is far more relevant than the particular flavor of dishonest voodoo you choose to cling to for that most certainly is a choice, unlike ones sexual orientation.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>RR used only a snippet of the definition of the word "minority"- he would rather show us how little integrity he has by not having posted the FULL definition rather than admit he is WRONG.
His fragile ego doesn't allow for him to admit when he was wrong but his lack of ethics and integrity does allow for him to be duplicitous as he was by posting only ONE definition of the word in a pathetic attempt to try and prove himself right.
Such is the lot in life of a very little man such as RR truly is.
The bible bigots have lots their war on gays and RR knows it. That makes me smile.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Again the morally challenged theist offers up a lie and uses a bogus definition of ethnicity.
ethnic group - belonging to or deriving from the cultural, racial, religious, or linguistic traditions of a people or country.
One does not lose their ethnicity because they move from one location to another.
RR simply cannot grasp this.

He is too frantically waving his flag to understand what you are rightly telling him.

He thinks it makes him a "real" American to proclaim that he is nothing other than 100% American despite that not being true- at least not in terms of his ethnicity, but then again, RR seems to think that NATIONALITY and HERITAGE/ETHNICITY are one and the same.

He will never be able to comprehend that they are not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 562,901 - 562,920 of680,066
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

508 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Girls snapchat nude 3 min Dave374 1
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 5 min Dr Shrink 32,859
Albright Blasts Bush Mideast Response, Cites Ir... (Jul '06) 6 min swedenforever 40
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Liam 512,048
Is the galaxy full of Earths? 11 min andet1987 2
The Word Association Game (Apr '11) 18 min Velvet MJK 445
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 19 min Dr Shrink 596,512
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 20 min Ashdashhart 242
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 55 min Catcher1 216,866
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Some1 Else 89,563
•••
•••
•••