“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592868 Jan 23, 2013
wilderide wrote:
If this was a Christian nation, then the laws would reflect that.
No they wouldn't. In fact, it's just the opposite. Believers refuse governments operating in Christ's name, cheapening what constitutes Christianity for political gain profanes the Gospel.
It really boggles my mind that people who seem to wish for a Christian theocracy turn around and criticize countries which are religious theocracies. We have examples, both past and present, of theocracies, and they don't work, and are not a place anyone would want to live in.
Your mind should be boggled. I've made no implications or desires to have a theocracy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592869 Jan 23, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you confuse correlation and causation. Race does not cause violent crime. Racism in this country, which you participate in, exacerbates it though. People who think like you suppress those you blame, keeping them in the cycle of poverty. So in fact you are part of the problem you complain about.
Bigotry is based in ignorance. Simple as that. Show me some objective evidence that shows race has a causal connection to violent crime.
I don't think he's saying that race causes crime, just that the black race seems to have the highest rate if crime. But not because they're black.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#592870 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>The separation already exists. The task at hand is to keep that separation intact.
As long as there are State Constitutions(states that receive federal monies), there is no such separation. The separation is not intact.
OCB wrote:
Such legislation as you posted is scary but much more ridiculous than it is scary; as I said earlier, there is no way to prove if a person who SAYS they believe in a god really does.
It isn't the governments job to verify if a person follows the religion they say they do, or believe in deities if they claim they do.
OCB wrote:
What a total waste of time, effort and taxpayer money.
I think I can agree with that on many levels.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592871 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
But your ANCESTORS are from Europe most likely or one of the other places mentioned.
Yes, thank you.

My ancestors were likely from Europe, making THEM European.

I, however, am not from Europe, so I am not European.

Is that too difficult to understand?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592872 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Lies?
Oh well, I guess I was lying when a said the Civic is a good car....
OCB wrote:
Just WHEN did you say that, RR?
I do know what you said just recently today- your post #592813:
You said:
"Oh boy. Well if, IF, Honda can ever get the reputation of long lasting durability & reliability as that of a Chevy, you can talk.
Until then, you drive a rice burner with a shelf life of 10 years."
At least you're living proof that there are men who don't know sh*t about cars......
I DID reply, in comment #592743
I wrote:

"Honda Civic. Great car."

And in YOUR post,#592750, you replied. That was a long 3 hours ago, huh?

I know more about cars in my left butt cheek than you'll know in your whole life. Hondas ARE good cars, but they're not built as sturdy as a Ford or Chevy. Period.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592873 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I know what Henry Ford invented-what does that have to do with him having been an anti-Semitic POS?
Fords are garbage. Or at the very least, Honda is LEAGUES above Ford for reliability, being well constructed, safe, and fuel efficient and I guarantee you there is no comparison whatsoever between the Bluebook value of a used Ford and a used Honda.
You only think that Fords are garbage because you don't like Henry Ford.

That sound a little off to you?

Oh, who am I kidding, I'm posting to the same person that said Canada isn't in North America & Mexican is a race but American isn't.......

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#592874 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>10 years??? WRONG- yet AGAIN.
Go do some research on Hondas. You will see that you are wrong.
And Honda's reputation far excels that of Chevy.
You're living in the past, man......

Depends on what you are looking at, For instance how many Honda's have won or even competed in the 24 hours of Le' Mans ,
Have they produced a World class car? How many Honda powered cars won the Indianapolis ? I'm not knocking Honda they make great cars
but you mistake reputation for legendary. The Small block Chevy engine is the most all time racing engine ever produced.
It is legendary and unequaled even now. The Lingenfelter Corvette
could do 0-60 in 1.97 sec with slicks , unequaled even by the famous Bugatti Veyron , the twin turbo vettes held the fastest car in the world records before more than once. The Vector with holding top speed record of production cars etc,,,

The Japanese can compete , but do not have the history of champions
like Americans, Germans as well as the Italians do. They are making it there though, and some have been impressive. But again we talk legend vs up and coming.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#592875 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You mean, you THINK human life started in Africa...
No, I KNOW human life started in Africa. I do not dwell in ignorance like you. You should pick up a book sometime.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/body/cracking-th...

http://www.amazon.com/Born-Africa-Quest-Origi...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#592876 Jan 23, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the trend now is for more and more manufacturing to come back to the US, especially southern states. The economy has made labor here cheaper, and rising fuel prices makes shipping more expensive. By the time you factor in things like customs duty and quality control issues, it's often less expensive to do things locally.
As it should be.

Furniture is the local industry where I live >>> Thomasville, High Point, Lexington, etc.

Over the last couple of decades, several factories have shut down. Some have recently reopened... but, back when they were closing, the given reason was that it was more cost efficient to send lumber to China and let them turn it into furniture.

That always struck as, well, STUPID... even though it prolly was more cost efficient (but only in terms of money).

Let's examine the process...

1- Trees (hardwoods) are harvested from the Eastern U.S.

2- They get transported to saw mills/lumber yards for milling/curing.

3- Eventually, the wood is put on a train and makes its way to the West Coast.

4- It's loaded onto a cargo ship and makes its way across the Pacific.

5- It arrives at a Chinese port from where it's transported via train/truck/both to a furniture factory.

6- Finished furniture is transported back to the shipping port and makes its way back across the Pacific to the U.S. West Coast.

7- It's taken off the ship, gets put on a train, and makes its way back to North Carolina.

8- The furniture sits in a warehouse for a few weeks or months... until it gets purchased/ordered.

9- It gets loaded onto a truck to be delivered to the customer. The customer could be anywhere in the country... more times than not, back towards the West Coast.

WTF?

Location hidden

#592877 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Henry Ford invented the assembly line and barbecue brickettes. Ever hear of KongsFord?
Here ya go, right back atcha.
Your ignorance about Fords is no less astounding than your ignorance about....well...about pretty much everything.
I don't think it's a big deal that you are not at all familiar with Fords, but don't spout the crap you did about them since it's obvious you have NO idea as to what you are talking about.
Not only are Fords one of the very few best and safest made cars on the market today, they deliver quite a bang for your buck.
And Fords are known for keeping their value and for their great resale value much more so than the majority of other cars on the market.

Location hidden

#592878 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Oh boy. Well if, IF, Honda can ever get the reputation of long lasting durability & reliability as that of a Chevy, you can talk..
The resale value of Hondas blows chevies away.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#592879 Jan 23, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious, and I wanted to see if there was any intellectual honesty going on.
Was there?

Location hidden

#592880 Jan 23, 2013
Here is a Small Block Chevy powered record jump.

337 feet Top that!

Location hidden

#592881 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I've always been a Ford man
One of my best friends is upper management for them. He always gets me a new car for 5 -6,000 less than the dealers pay for them :p

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#592882 Jan 23, 2013
grannysticks wrote:
Well, prove that there is not! You can't convince me that everything was invented from a Big Bang. You can't convince me that everything prophetic that is happening in the world and that was foretold in the Bible is not of God, our creator.
If you can't be convinced of anything, then why should we bother?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#592883 Jan 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>For someone who "doesn't give a flying fugg" you sure rant about it a lot.
RR finally admitted to having a drug problem.

He isn't in denial anymore.

That's what matters.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#592884 Jan 23, 2013
Just kidding, RR.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592885 Jan 23, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
As it should be.
Furniture is the local industry where I live >>> Thomasville, High Point, Lexington, etc.
Over the last couple of decades, several factories have shut down. Some have recently reopened... but, back when they were closing, the given reason was that it was more cost efficient to send lumber to China and let them turn it into furniture.
That always struck as, well, STUPID... even though it prolly was more cost efficient (but only in terms of money).
Let's examine the process...
1- Trees (hardwoods) are harvested from the Eastern U.S.
2- They get transported to saw mills/lumber yards for milling/curing.
3- Eventually, the wood is put on a train and makes its way to the West Coast.
4- It's loaded onto a cargo ship and makes its way across the Pacific.
5- It arrives at a Chinese port from where it's transported via train/truck/both to a furniture factory.
6- Finished furniture is transported back to the shipping port and makes its way back across the Pacific to the U.S. West Coast.
7- It's taken off the ship, gets put on a train, and makes its way back to North Carolina.
8- The furniture sits in a warehouse for a few weeks or months... until it gets purchased/ordered.
9- It gets loaded onto a truck to be delivered to the customer. The customer could be anywhere in the country... more times than not, back towards the West Coast.
WTF?
That's a weird process, I agree.

But china produces its own lumber, too.

Beautiful birch, almost as nice as American birch.

Location hidden

#592886 Jan 23, 2013
[QUOTE who="RiversideRedneck
America is a Christian nation. Always has been, always will be..
[/QUOTE]Oops.... LOL..

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-03-09/living/us....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592887 Jan 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>The resale value of Hondas blows chevies away.
A fad doesn't represent long lasting durability.

Hondas are good, but they've got a long way to go to catch up with the durability & power of American vehicles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 3 min Ex_Irontonian 97,404
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 min GodFreeByChoice 5,750
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min hojo 567,243
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 28 min Clear Dharma 432
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 35 min An NFL Fan 120,607
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 40 min truth 607,030
Scientific proof for God's existence 41 min lightbeamrider 476
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Pegasus 267,248
More from around the web