Prove there's a god.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#593268 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, no, two wrongs don't make a right.
Facts are facts, they have no moral dimension and it is justified to provide facts to defend against unjust accusations.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#593269 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know another way to heaven?
Heaven? Where? Stop lying you dishonest bigoted christian.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#593270 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Woah.
"need"
I don't need to prove shit to you, buckwheat.
So you can't provide any evidence and instead lash out with a child-like response. Ok, there litttle boy; someone will be along soon and change your diaper.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#593271 Jan 24, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, not true. Used be a semi-pro body builder and I can tell you that red meat is used in moderation these days. There are much better sources of protein. Even cottage cheese is better because it stays in the gut longer. Bet you didn't know that red meat contains a whole host of dangerous additives such as hormones, and other chemicals. In fact starting Jan 2013 many other countries have banned U.S. meat from being imported. Pea protein is the current preferred protein. And processed meat like the McDonalds McRib contains a host of harmful chemicals including one used to make shoe rubber.
Oh Gawd, that McRib is the nastiest thang. I don't know what's in it, but it sure ain't meat.

Here's the top 10 foods that are high in protein, I eat them all except tofu.

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/fo...

Notice that in 100g of chicken, you get 30g. 92g for just a half breast.

Then look at soy beans, in 100g you only get 17g of protein.

Chicken has twice as much, pound for pound.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#593273 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
It's immoral for an omnivore which prides itself on it's intelligence to eat meat when doing so causes environmental damage and unnecessary cruelty. Humans, by virtue of their much vaunted self-awareness and brain power, have more responsibility for their actions, not less.
Then it is immoral for us to reproduce for it causes damage to the environment.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#593274 Jan 24, 2013
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
BornRaisedHere wrote:
<quoted text>
Proove you exist
Who do you think started the thread?
Pat

East Granby, CT

#593275 Jan 24, 2013
Ryan Haver wrote:
If you believe in evolution or Big Bang then someone had to have made that first cell. Something does not make its self. Look at the sky. Everything has a builder that's a great example of gods amazing features. But the evolution theory is that nothing can be made from nothing. So then what made that first cell then?
Then who made your sky daddy?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593276 Jan 24, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not place some of the blame on Americans' demand for fast, quick, cheap junk?
Ever check the tag on an American flag?
Oh ya I blame Americans for it. Too many if us like the fast, quick & cheap. Which is one if the reason fast food junk does so well here. Everyones too lazy to cook and have a good meal.

Yes, I always check that tag. I buy them from Lowe's, they only sell flags made in the USA.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593277 Jan 24, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother went "vegan" about a year ago. To his credit, he did lose roughly forty pounds. The downside is, although he did lose weight, and is now at the clinically correct body mass, he looks terrible - an opinion shared by others, not just me. I've known three other vegans and noticed the same gaunt and malnourished quality about them. Not exactly the picture of health one would expect from such a healthy lifestyle. Why the need for b12 supplements if the diet is so nutritious?
It seems a lot of vegetarians look underweight & tired.

They need supplements because they're not getting a well rounded diet.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593278 Jan 24, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your view of Thomas Jefferson?
Have you ever wondered why he re-wrote the Bible?
Jefferson was a bad ass. He was a die hard patriot, a man of God, honest (for a politician).

Rewrote the Bible? No, why?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593279 Jan 24, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaven? Where? Stop lying you dishonest bigoted christian.
Hey, you're the one that was talking about getting in to heaven.....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593280 Jan 24, 2013
Pat wrote:
Then who made your sky daddy?
Correction - Christians don't have a sky daddy, atheists do.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593281 Jan 24, 2013
wilderide wrote:
Are they moving to a neighborhood because it's whiter, or because it's safer and more affluent?
What made you conclude that white neighborhoods are wealthy?

I live in a mostly white neighborhood and none of us are, we're just blue collar folks.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#593282 Jan 24, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't provide any evidence and instead lash out with a child-like response. Ok, there litttle boy; someone will be along soon and change your diaper.
Finally! My poopy pants are starting to give me a rash.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#593283 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Those don't contradict, they mirror each other. "his works" and "what he has done" are the same thing.
But you just said one is saved by faith alone. Those verses directly contradict that.
That verse isn't talking about eternal salvation, that is not God's way of salvation. That verse is about feminine hygiene, literally.
The ancient Jews were ahead of their time when it came to hygiene, especially of the jay jay.
It has to do with being saved the pain of childbirth, death if the mom and/or child during childbirth.
Where did you pull all that from? Not the Bible:

1 Timothy 2:11-15: "A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."

Nothing about jay-jays in there, clean or otherwise. In fact, Paul even explains why he is such a loathsome misogynist.

San Francisco

#593284 Jan 24, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it is immoral for us to reproduce for it causes damage to the environment.
It is immoral for us to over-reproduce.

San Francisco

#593285 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO, chicken tastes very good & can be made in so many different ways. It's also very healthy, as long as its the white meat, no skin & it's not fried.
"better moral footing"? That's your opinion. So be it.
Healthy? Well, it's possibly healthier than other forms of meat, depending on how many hormones and pesticides you are piling up by eating it regularly. As for taste, human babies might taste good when prepared in the same way, but I doubt you'd consider that moral. Have any pets? Ever wonder what they'd taste like? Why is eating a dog or cat considered wrong, but eating a cow, chicken, or pig is OK? Makes no sense.

San Francisco

#593286 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a matter of opinion, nothing more.
Some people just don't like the taste of meat, so they become vegetarians.
The funny vegetarians are the ones that still eat fish...
People become vegetarians for all kinds of reasons, because there are many reasons to do so.

Someone who eats fish is not a vegetarian, and if they call themselves that, they are mistaken. But I know what you mean. I eat dairy, so I'd be just as wrong to call myself vegan.

San Francisco

#593287 Jan 24, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother went "vegan" about a year ago. To his credit, he did lose roughly forty pounds. The downside is, although he did lose weight, and is now at the clinically correct body mass, he looks terrible - an opinion shared by others, not just me. I've known three other vegans and noticed the same gaunt and malnourished quality about them. Not exactly the picture of health one would expect from such a healthy lifestyle. Why the need for b12 supplements if the diet is so nutritious?
The simple explanation is that they are either not knowledgeable enough about nutrition to be vegans, or they know how but aren't following it. It's perfectly possible to be vegan and healthy. As far as I know, vegans don't necessarily need any supplements. What is the source for the B12 supplement? Presumably it's not from an animal source, or else they should not be taking it, and if it's not, then just eat whatever it is that is providing it. There ya go.

San Francisco

#593288 Jan 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What made you conclude that white neighborhoods are wealthy?
I live in a mostly white neighborhood and none of us are, we're just blue collar folks.
I was asking Pat to think about intention. Of course white neighborhoods are not necessarily wealthy. Just as black neighborhoods are not necessarily crime-ridden ghettos.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 9 min No Surprize 88,358
Should I marry my gf who is pregnant with my ch... 49 min Choicerocks 10
"Doctor REALITY" is FOS 1 hr Joe Puddin 1
Division Of Cold Dead Hands 1 hr say no2gun grabbers 2
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr candlesmell 703,788
Fischbach army depot-NATO site 67 (Mar '07) 6 hr Larry W-Ours 489
why Donald Trump is president (Oct '17) 9 hr Joe Fortuna 37