OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#592598 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good memory, Hukt. You're spot on.
I don't consider cigarettes or alcohol "drugs" because "drugs" implies either illegal narcotics or prescription medications.
I also don't consider Tylenol a "drug", even though it can be classified as one.
Well, you're wrong. Just because YOU limit what the word "drug" means (and probably so you don't have to consider yourself a drug addict) doesn't mean that cigarettes and alcohol are not drugs and both most definitely are.

And yes- OTC drugs are also DRUGS. That is why they are CALLED "drugs".

Geez.......

"A drug is a substance which may have medicinal, intoxicating, performance enhancing or other effects when taken or put into a human body or the body of another animal and is not considered a food or exclusively a food."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug

drug
1 &#8194; &#8194;[druhg] Show IPA noun, verb, drugged, drug∑ging.
noun
Pharmacology . a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being.
(in federal law)
a.
any substance recognized in the official pharmacopoeia or formulary of the nation.
b.
any substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans or other animals.
c.
any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals.
d.
any substance intended for use as a component of such a drug, but not a device or a part of a device.
a habit-forming medicinal or illicit substance, especially a narcotic.
drugs,
a.
chemical substances prepared and sold as pharmaceutical items, either by prescription or ******over the counter*******.
b.
personal hygienic items sold in a drugstore, as toothpaste, mouthwash, etc.
Obsolete . any ingredient used in chemistry, pharmacy, dyeing, or the like.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/drug

Not sure who has stooped to a new low here- me for providing the definition of drugs for you or you for not knowing what drugs are!

Amazing!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592599 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Dummy.
American, etc. are NATIONALITIES- a nationality is not synonymous with HERITAGE.
Why?

Heritage relates to valued objects such as tradition, culture, etc.

Why do you people think America doesn't have culture or traditions?

Why do you vehemently fight against calling someone calling themself American?
Pat

Granby, CT

#592600 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I say that you think certain people should be treated differently under the law?
So why am I last person to talk about equality? You said that in response to my post that gays deserve equal rights under the law. What did you mean then?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592601 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'M a liar? Are you drunk on your drug-free alcohol (again?)
Just yesterday you said it took 200 million gallons of gas to get my Honda here from overseas.
I proved you WRONG- yet AGAIN.
Cha cha cha.... Liar.

I also said that they come in pieces, when you whine about them being assembled here.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#592602 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't consider cigarettes or alcohol "drugs" because "drugs" implies either illegal narcotics or prescription medications.
I also don't consider Tylenol a "drug", even though it can be classified as one.
Another one of your specially adapted definitions.

You're wrong.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592603 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you want to call the baby Italian-American. But why?
Why aren't the parents, say, Greek-Italian?(Assuming their family came from Greece)
That being the hypothetical case, why wouldn't you call the baby Greek-Italian-American?
Oh wait, the Greek family migrated from Egypt....
Ugh, you people.
Because it IS Italian-American, that's why.

As to your what-if, I would gladly call the baby Greek-Italian-American.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592604 Jan 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>A person is NOT just one thing you moron. If someone from Italy moves here and becomes a citizen then they are BOTH Italian and a American citizen. Wow, you're amazingly dense sometimes. You need to take a basic course in DNA.
Uh huh...

So the ethnic background of the Italian means nothing? His family came from nowhere but Italy?

You're losing ground here....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592605 Jan 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>It's very telling that RR can never list specifically what 'rights' gays have that the rest of us don't. Weird.
I think he thinks gays have the legal right to parade around naked. I guess that means RR wants that same (non-existent) legal right.

He did provide pics of people naked at gay parades; however, he provided nothing to prove they are never arrested for being naked in public despite his claim that gay people "never" are arrested for being naked in public.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592606 Jan 23, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure it's the most familiar one to you. For the vast majority of religious people, that is how they choose their religion. Had you been born in Classical Greece you'd probably worship Zeus. Had you been born in pre-Columbia Mexico around 600 AD you'd probably be sacrificing to Quetzalcoatl. Had you been born in modern Tehran you'd likely be Muslim. But just because a religion is pervasive in the time and place you live doesn't mean it's true.
Religions are simply reflections of the values and culture of the societies that invent them. Christianity is no different. It was essentially a reboot of Judaism. Likewise Islam was a later cultural revision. And even Christianity has changed rather drastically since the councils of Nicea decided what documents to include in the canon of the Bible. As we've discussed before, slavery is no linger considered moral, even though the Bible says it's fine, because when it's various parts were written, slavery was considered normal. Likewise racism is rejected now. And we are seeing society recognize that homophobia is also immoral, and Christianity will have to adapt to that change too. But to go back to the original point, all religions are cultural projections, but that doesn't make any of them true.
I believe it's true. I believe God exists. I believe Jesus died for our sins & I believe in heaven.

So?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#592607 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>WONDERFULLY done, Hukt!
Kudos!
:D

Thank you.

<bows to audience>

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592608 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you want to call the baby Italian-American. But why?
Why aren't the parents, say, Greek-Italian?(Assuming their family came from Greece)
That being the hypothetical case, why wouldn't you call the baby Greek-Italian-American?
Oh wait, the Greek family migrated from Egypt....
Ugh, you people.
Yet again, you are trying to make nationality and ethnicity mean one and the same thing.

A person born in the USA whose ancestors come from Greece can rightly refer to themselves as a Greek-American.

Greek would indicate their heritage/roots/background while American would indicate the country in which they were born.
Pat

Granby, CT

#592609 Jan 23, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Please. You correlate blacks with higher crime rates, but you can't show any causation. Crime is a result of poverty, education, and opportunity, not race. And in this country, that often (but certainly not always) means black neighborhoods have more crime and problems, but that is not because the people in those neighborhoods have a higher level of melanin in their skin.
That is nonsense. Crime is mainly the result of a lack or moral sense. We all have opportunity yet we all do not take advantage of it to steal or victimize others. Poverty does not expalin away the ten fold difference in black crime rates. Eduation is far less of a factor than IQ for felons of all races tend to have a lower IQ average, around 85.

Melanin also does not cause anybody to do anything. It's not the skin color, it's the behaviors that so often go along with it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592610 Jan 23, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I did say that I was going on memory.
In any case, here...
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
Don't EVER call me out like that RR (I don't have to dig to find what I'm looking for).
I'm calling you out.

You've yet to show a post of mine where I said cigarettes don't contain a drug, which is what you accused me of saying.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592611 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>This was a really stupid post of yours, RR.
I fully grasp that you are a homophobe and that you view homosexuals differently than I do and that you have contempt, disdain and rancor toward homosexuals whereas I do not.
Siiiiiigh...... You're incessant assumptions are getting tiresome.

Instead if telling me what you think I am or believe, why don't you just stick to the discussion? You're being ignorantly absurd.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592612 Jan 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
If god coming to earth as the son of himself, to get himself crucified as a means of protecting us from himself makes sense to you then you have some serious mental defects.
"Gee, I screwed up and created morally challenged humans who I then gave free will to. I better get my azz down there and crucify myself so I won't have to punish the inferior objects of my own creation!" God
Makes perfect sense to RR! LMFAO
If you have to dumb it down to a child-like story, you have no hope.

Since: May 11

Wickford, UK

#592613 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus didn't teach people to rely on everyone else's hard work....
where did he specifically preach against it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592614 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>The quarter is the minority since I have a greater amount of pennies.
That the quarter is worth more than the 4 pennies doesn't change the fact that in QUANTITY, there are more pennies than there are quarters.
Got it.

So you define minority as quantity.

Nuff said.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592615 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And you don't have to consider a zebra to be an equine since the word equine is most often associated with horses.

Doesn't make the zebra any less of an equine though just because YOU don't consider a zebra to be one.....

And here:

"GENERIC NAME: acetaminophen
BRAND NAME: Tylenol and others

DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Acetaminophen belongs to a class of *****drugs***** called analgesics (pain relievers) and antipyretics (fever reducers). The exact mechanism of action of acetaminophen is not known.

http://www.medicinenet.com/acetaminophen/arti...

If you swallow a bottle or two of Tylenol,(the pills IN the bottles and NOT the bottles themselves) you will most likely have to go to the hospital to be treated for a DRUG overdose.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592616 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"No fault of their own"?
Ever consider that some of those people that have "no fault" aren't willing to take a lower paying job? I mean why would they? Their unemployment pays more.....
Selfish asses.
Damn it- I already posted you one story of a woman desperate to find work.

Shut UP. You are an IDIOT.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592618 Jan 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
So RR is a Native American?
I guess you'd have to ask RR, but I don't think so, but he has also claimed that Native Americans are not Native Americans since they had to first come from someplace else as well.....

What I see as the issue on this with RR is his inability to accept that there is a marked difference between nationality and heritage/ethnicity.

Also, he seems to think it makes him a TRULY good American to proclaim that he is nothing other than 100% American.

<shrug>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who would like Darwins Theory of Evolution take... (Dec '10) 1 hr ChristineM 48,263
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 559,651
Hey guys..we are hiring boy for threesome sex.. 1 hr myveryownjulia 2
does indian women likes to have mmf 3some?? 1 hr myveryownjulia 2
getting wife to have a mmf threesome (Nov '13) 1 hr myveryownjulia 4
How can I talk my wife into a 3 way with anothe... (Apr '08) 1 hr myveryownjulia 155
Last Word + 2 1 hr ctsseo 981
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr ctsseo 605,054
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr who 265,195
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr Chris Clearwater 175,684
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 8 hr duststorm 441,786
More from around the web