562,601 - 562,620 of 733,028 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#592483 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Even Seinfeld", you said. How does that show glorify heterosexuality?
I know homosexuals aren't a race - again.
A minority is defined as a group differing, especially in race, religion, or ethnic background, from the majority of a population. Homosexuality isn't a race, isn't an ethnicity & isn't a religion. To define people with a different sexual preference than most people as a "minority" is just pandering to their wants.
That is pretty black n white....
Oh crap. They did an entire show on heterosexual masturbation.

Another show on Jerry wanting to sleep with a woman but was conflicted because he didn't really like her.

In that episode there was even a scene where his penis and his brain were playing a chess game against each other.

Then there was the episode in which his girlfriend was always naked.

Then there were the many episodes about Elaine having sex- and Kramer- and George......

No......on the minority issue......you are the one who keeps indicating you think it is about race.

And referring to the homosexual community as a minority is NOT pandering; you yourself stated they represent about 1% of the total population; therefore, they ARE a minority.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#592484 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
....and in your typical fashion, you won't explain why.
OH sorry, allow me to dumb it down for you.

Some people work very hard at being highly educated, and take pride in being so. Calling someone like this a redneck would be offensive for obvious reasons.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592485 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
Sigh....I don't cater to ANYONE and I know of no liberals who do.
I do not accept laziness nor reward it- that is what YOUR boss does for YOU.
By allowing a 99 week unemployment check to be tolerated IS catering to the lazy. You don't see that? And as a liberal, you support it.
RR- your constant stereotyping is nothing short of heinous and all the more because you talk sh*t with NOTHING to back it up.
Try not to talk for at least a little while, k? It's embarrassing to hear the tripe and stuff and nonsense that you spew without a clue as to what you are talking about.
Nothing to back it up, huh? By extending unemployment to 99 weeks, all you've done is raise the unemployment rate. Really, why work when you can get "free" money?

"a number of estimates suggest that we have paid a price for the extended unemployment benefits adopted by Washington in response to the recession - somewhere between 0.4 and 1.8 percentage points of unemployment. "

"The UI benefit extensions that have occurred between the summer of 2008 and the end of 2010 are estimated to have had a cumulative effect of raising the unemployment rate by .77 to 1.54 percentage points."

http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/2012/09/h...

Since: Jan 13

Ironton, OH

#592486 Jan 23, 2013
omg there is a God so shut your mouth, you will go to Hell!!!!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#592487 Jan 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Why? I'm sure they understand the meaning of the definitions. You don't.
OK, I'll lower my arguments to better suit yours:

Ya-huh!

Location hidden

#592488 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Your arguments mimic a three year old's.
And yet they are accurate. Pretty bad for you when even a 3 year old understands that you have a warped opinion about some things.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592489 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so close! "NO ONE parades around NAKED." That's a 100% wrong, blanket statement.
Broad daylight. Naked. Illegal. But ok if you're demonstrating your "right" to be gay....
http://politicalloudmouth.com/photo-gaypride2...
Okay- so people were naked. I see no evidence that there were no arrests made.

RR- why do you CARE so much?

Maybe because YOU want to parade around naked and you feel you're being denied the right to do so?

WhatEVER.

Your homophobia has been long known here and you will make whatever desperate attempts you can to justify it.

Location hidden

#592490 Jan 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Because ethnicity and nationality are two separate things.
Ethnicity - n. 1. Ethnic character, background, or affiliation.
Nationality - n. 1. The status of belonging to a particular nation by origin, birth, or naturalization.
How does it feel to literally be less educated than a first grader?
I don't know, you tell me. Because you just showed how a Chinese person becoming an American is no longer Chinese, but American.

Ethnicity: affiliation - that Chinese person is now affiliated with America.

Nationality: naturalization - that Chinese person is now a nationalized American.

Thanks!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#592491 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Even Seinfeld", you said. How does that show glorify heterosexuality?
I know homosexuals aren't a race - again.
A minority is defined as a group differing, especially in race, religion, or ethnic background, from the majority of a population. Homosexuality isn't a race, isn't an ethnicity & isn't a religion. To define people with a different sexual preference than most people as a "minority" is just pandering to their wants.
That is pretty black n white....
How does that definition rule homosexuals out as a minority?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#592492 Jan 23, 2013
horsegurl10123 wrote:
omg there is a God so shut your mouth, you will go to Hell!!!!!!!!!!
Prove it!

Location hidden

#592493 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
OK, I'll lower my arguments to better suit yours:
Ya-huh!
Not knowing something is as low as it gets. You CAN'T lower it anymore. Learn basic definitions of words and then you'll understand. Seriously.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#592494 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a choice, you were not created that way. You became that way.
That's true. We are all born credulous. So as I lived my life and became more sophisticated and learned to be skeptical of claims, especially extraordinary claims, I now have an expectation of evidence and proof prior to accepting such claims. So has that damned me to Hell?

Don't you apply skepticism to other religions? Why do you make a special exception for one in particular?

Location hidden

#592495 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
you just showed how a Chinese person becoming an American is no longer Chinese, but American.!
Sorry Einstein but that shows NO such thing. In fact it shows just the opposite. Wow you're being really dense today. You might want to go to the doctor and see if you have a brain blood clot.

Location hidden

#592496 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh crap. They did an entire show on heterosexual masturbation.
Another show on Jerry wanting to sleep with a woman but was conflicted because he didn't really like her.
In that episode there was even a scene where his penis and his brain were playing a chess game against each other.
Then there was the episode in which his girlfriend was always naked.
Then there were the many episodes about Elaine having sex- and Kramer- and George......
No......on the minority issue......you are the one who keeps indicating you think it is about race.
And referring to the homosexual community as a minority is NOT pandering; you yourself stated they represent about 1% of the total population; therefore, they ARE a minority.
WTF is "homosexual masturbation"?!?

So, to you, a show that shows hetero sex is glorifying hetero sex? You're an odd ball.

And for the umpteenth time, I am not saying homosexuals are a race.

Location hidden

#592497 Jan 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
OH sorry, allow me to dumb it down for you.
Some people work very hard at being highly educated, and take pride in being so. Calling someone like this a redneck would be offensive for obvious reasons.
And some people like being a redneck.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592498 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
By allowing a 99 week unemployment check to be tolerated IS catering to the lazy. You don't see that? And as a liberal, you support it.
<quoted text>
Nothing to back it up, huh? By extending unemployment to 99 weeks, all you've done is raise the unemployment rate. Really, why work when you can get "free" money?
"a number of estimates suggest that we have paid a price for the extended unemployment benefits adopted by Washington in response to the recession - somewhere between 0.4 and 1.8 percentage points of unemployment. "
"The UI benefit extensions that have occurred between the summer of 2008 and the end of 2010 are estimated to have had a cumulative effect of raising the unemployment rate by .77 to 1.54 percentage points."
http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/2012/09/h...
I am personally not allowing ANYTHING.

YOU have a problem with 99 weeks of unemployment? Then YOU write to government officials- whining to me about it is stupid and all the more as I am not the one allowing it.

Of course, I am also not the one CRUCIFYING those who actually NEED those 99 weeks of unemployment because despite their best efforts to find a job, they can't, but I know that to you the solution would be for them to just starve to death or be homeless.

There's that Christian charitable nature of yours, RR- rearing its very ugly head.

And why look for work if one is collecting unemployment? Because only in a VERY few exceptions does unemployment even come anywhere close to being what a person needs to live on for bare minimum needs.

However, here in Florida, Disney hires more part-time employees than full time in order to not have to offer them health insurance.

Thankfully, the change to that is underway and insurance companies will no longer be able to deny coverage to those who work less than 30 hours a week.

But for now, at 30 hours a week and at $7.50/hour- the going rate for most Disney jobs, that works out to $225 a week whereas the maximum unemployment benefit in Florida is $275 a week.

So let's say someone got laid off who was earning $30,000 a year- not a lot of money and even in Florida not a lot of money.

But with that $30,000 a year, they were able to pay their bills and stay afloat.

But now they lost that job. They are eligible for the maximum unemployment benefit of $275 a week which works out to $14,300 per year- less than half of what they were earning.

So you think they should be thrilled to take a part time job at Disney for even less money and at 30 hours at $7.50/hour works out to a mere $11,700 a year instead of the less than half of their salary they would receive in unemployment benefits?

Are you NUTS, man? Say they DO take that job at Disney- you gonna step up and feed, house and clothe their children?

Even if they work TWO part time jobs at $7.50/hour, they are still making far less than they were when making $30,000 a year plus they have additional expenses to travel to and from two jobs, etc.

RR- you have very little understanding of the human condition or of much that takes place in the real world.

You sit at your job each and every day (other than at lunch time) doing NOTHING other than being on Topix.

Just because YOU got yourself a good "gig" doesn't mean everyone is as fortunate as you are or has the window of opportunity that you did.

No worries- I don't expect much compassion or understanding from someone who does not think health care is or should be a right but who does think that just dropping dead due to lack of the most basic of health care is not only a right but is perfectly acceptable.

You really are very sickening.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#592499 Jan 23, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I have never understood the mutual animosity between the French and the Americans.
O'course we've all had, ahem, difficulties with the English.
Yep, and I'm married to a Brit, so I have a perspective on that culture as well. But back to the French, I don't think it's so much a animosity between the French and Americans as the French and just about everyone else. On the other hand, interestingly, there is a long-standing mutual admiration between the French and the Japanese. Probably stronger on the Japanese side. They really venerate just about anything French. When I think about it, this makes some sense in that both of those cultures think themselves superior to everyone else. The Japanese much more so than the French in fact. They are famous for their xenophobia.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592500 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So, to you, a show that shows hetero sex is glorifying hetero sex? You're an odd ball.
IDIOT. I made the point that the show was about HETEROSEXUALS masturbating- thereby glorifying HETEROSEXUALITY.

I don't think you know the meaning of the word "glorify"- get back to me when (and if) you do.

I KNOW you're not saying homosexuals are a race, but at the same time you are trying to claim they are not a minority when the FACT is that they are- and you provided info yourself to back up that fact since it is YOU who posted that they represent less than 1% of the population.

That makes them a MINORITY- I am NOT the one who said anything about them being a race- YOU are.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592501 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, homosexual masturbation is masturbation done by homosexuals. Heterosexual masturbation is masturbation done by heterosexuals.

And yes- ANY show that shows people having sex or talking about sex or using sexual words and expressions is indeed GLORIFYING sex.

What part of "sex sells" do you not get but which most people- including the ADVERTISERS who pay for those shows DO get?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592502 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And some people like being a redneck.
Like you- because you have no problem being the stereotypical redneck nor should you given the incredible amount of willful ignorance and intellectual laziness you display here every single day.

Do you know WHY the village idiot is always grinning? Because he's an IDIOT and proud of it- just like you are proud of your idiocy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has God ever performed a miracle in your life, ... (Aug '08) 7 min melissalqr 2,058
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 25 min Peace_Warrior 599,943
China Sees Growth in a Web of Fast Trains (Feb '10) 25 min China Forever 4
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 53 min guest 538,994
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 54 min JUDEletePete 117,972
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 55 min Blck 464
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 1 hr Blck 312
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr Blck 106
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 226,355
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Dr_Zorderz 258,000
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••