Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#592845 Jan 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
And the irrational blaming of one group for the others failures. Liberals are the root cause of racial tension with their continual unjust blaming of whites for the failure of blacks to live up to white norms.
Pat, I have no idea of what liberals you are referring to who unjustly blame whites for the failure of blacks.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592846 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't understand that our government is not our nation, can you?
It is YOU who can't understand that a majority of the population being Christian doesn't make the USA any more a Christian nation than the majority of the population being white makes the USA a white nation.

BOTH premises are wrong.

Move along now......no theocracy here, RR.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592847 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>But being American has nothing to do with your skin color and RR- you most certainly ARE white/Caucasian Caucasian/White unless you are claiming to be black or Asian or any of the other races mentioned in the list you provided.
American is NOT a race- it is a nationality.
Have you ever read the definition if Caucasian?

Anthropology Of or being a human racial classification distinguished especially by very light to brown skin pigmentation and straight to wavy or curly hair, and including peoples indigenous to Europe, northern Africa, western Asia, and India.

The term Caucasian race (also Caucasoid) has been used to denote the general physical type of some or all of the populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia (the Middle East), parts of Central Asia and most parts of South Asia. Historically, the term has been used to describe many peoples from these regions, without regard necessarily to skin tone.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

I am NOT Caucasian. I am not from Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia, parts of Central Asia or parts of South Asia....

The word Caucasian has been bastardized to mean white people. But white is not a race. A race has distinct physical characteristics.

Dunno if you've ever noticed, but "white" people come in many different flavored.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592848 Jan 23, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
I realize that not everyone likes Hondas or wants to own one, but there really is no disputing that they ARE excellent cars.

Honda has an excellent and well deserved reputation due to turning out a quality product.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592849 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for this, Al. And so right you are.
You need to understand that RR lies in order to justify loving his gas guzzling truck.
I so LOVE my lil' Honda Civic and she loves me- LOL!!
I expect to get MANY more years of driving pleasure from my Civic and of course, not only due to how well the car is manufactured, but also because I make sure I take it in for all maintenance.
Be good to your car and your car will be good to you!
Lies?

Oh well, I guess I was lying when a said the Civic is a good car....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592850 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? Mexican, Hawaiian, Dominican is considered race but Canadian & British aren't?
ummm....
How's the weather out there in Bizarro world?
Please try to make that make sense......
Yes- those can be considered races.

Nothing "Bizarro" about it.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#592851 Jan 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, maybe you feel as safe in a beat up rusted out car as you do a new one but I don't. Nor do I feel as safe walking at night in the mostly black north end of Hartford as I do in the surrounding suburbs and the reason is not prejudice, it's because of factual information about crime.
You aren't seeing the big picture. Blacks were taken here as slaves, then forced into ghettos after they were freed, and have been suppressed to one degree or other ever since. Additionally, I have no doubt that many blacks in the neighborhood you mention might be quite hostile to whites, and I can understand why, not that I condone racism of any kind, I can at least see where it comes from. All you are doing is blaming the victim. You see blacks in a bad neighborhood and blame their skin color. That doesn't account for all the very successful blacks who aren't in ghettos and don't conform to the racist violent stereotype you attribute to all of them. I mean, look at who is president. Hello? Are you afraid Obama is going to break into your car and steal the stereo? Come on.

I live in San Francisco, and parts of the Mission and Daly City are pretty crime ridden, and they are largely Latino, Hispanic, and Filipino. Are those groups inferior by inference too? And what about all the white trash ghettos all over the nation? Many of them are pretty scary and crime ridden. You gonna throw white people in the mix too then?
"Pat, apply the same critical thinking skills you apply to religion toward this racist idea you hold, and you'll see it doesn't hold up."
I do which is exactly why I beleive what I do. There is no evidence for racial equality in behavior or intelligence.
Of course there is! Every successful person of whatever race is an example that such prejudices are illogical.
You don't even realize it but you are an evolution denier just like so many fundi theists are, but for different reasons. If you want to deny that different environments select for different traits and that different environments will produce different results within a species then go ahead and deny natural selection if you want but just don;t pretend your position sides with the evidence because it does not. I'll stick with the facts. Racial differences exist and the most plausible explanation for them is genetics.
Oh yeah? Show me the objective evidence then.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#592852 Jan 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Your buddies claim that wiki isn't a reliable source when it comes to accuracy....oh, well, except when it backs them up.
I don't generally have a problem with Wikipedia - as long as it backs what I'm saying up -*chuckles*, and what I mean by that is many times a source will be wrong and/or out of date.

A while back I went to source Encyclopedia Britannica and the information there was out of date. Sometimes you just have to check what you're supplying, no matter the source.

San Francisco

#592853 Jan 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Black behavior is consistent no matter where they live on earth so what does that tell you? The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area in the USA is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.
Again, you confuse correlation and causation. Race does not cause violent crime. Racism in this country, which you participate in, exacerbates it though. People who think like you suppress those you blame, keeping them in the cycle of poverty. So in fact you are part of the problem you complain about.

Bigotry is based in ignorance. Simple as that. Show me some objective evidence that shows race has a causal connection to violent crime.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592854 Jan 23, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
American is not a Christian nation. It's a nation with mostly self-described "Christians" (which can mean many things in itself) living in it. Big, big difference.
I don't care how much foam and froth the political left and Christophobes spew, this is undoubtedly a Christian nation. Founded by Christians to have the freedom of expressing their Christianity without recourse from a government.

The great institutions that Christians in America have founded over 200-plus years ( a government, a system of law and order, schools, hospitals, charities that save millions of lives ) stare us in the face every day.

You can accept that if you wish. Your opinion doesn't change the facts.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592855 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies?
Didn't see anywhere where you said that.....
Doctor Reality

United States

#592856 Jan 23, 2013
I have no idea what I'm talking about. Ever.

San Francisco

#592858 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>RR will never accept this fact- a "good" Christian like he moronically thinks he is has deluded himself into believing the USA is a theocracy.
If this was a Christian nation, then the laws would reflect that. Yet it is not the law to observe the Sabbath, slavery is abolished, and women are the legal equals to men. The Bible is not used as a legal reference in court. Christianity is not even the official religion of this country. In no way is the United States a Christian nation.

It really boggles my mind that people who seem to wish for a Christian theocracy turn around and criticize countries which are religious theocracies. We have examples, both past and present, of theocracies, and they don't work, and are not a place anyone would want to live in.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592859 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever read the definition if Caucasian?
Anthropology Of or being a human racial classification distinguished especially by very light to brown skin pigmentation and straight to wavy or curly hair, and including peoples indigenous to Europe, northern Africa, western Asia, and India.
The term Caucasian race (also Caucasoid) has been used to denote the general physical type of some or all of the populations of Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia (the Middle East), parts of Central Asia and most parts of South Asia. Historically, the term has been used to describe many peoples from these regions, without regard necessarily to skin tone.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race
I am NOT Caucasian. I am not from Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia, parts of Central Asia or parts of South Asia....
The word Caucasian has been bastardized to mean white people. But white is not a race. A race has distinct physical characteristics.
Dunno if you've ever noticed, but "white" people come in many different flavored.
But your ANCESTORS are from Europe most likely or one of the other places mentioned.

Sorry bub- Caucasian is a race and white is a term used instead of Caucasian.

Cau·ca·sian (kô-kzhn,-kzhn)
adj.
a. Anthropology Of or being a human racial classification distinguished especially by very light to brown skin pigmentation and straight to wavy or curly hair, and including peoples indigenous to Europe, northern Africa, western Asia, and India. See Usage Note at race1.
b. Of or relating to a racial group having white skin, especially one of European origin; white.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Caucasian

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592860 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Henry Ford was an anti-Semitic POS.
I wouldn't drive a Ford if you paid me and they're crappy cars anyway.
Henry Ford invented the assembly line and barbecue brickettes. Ever hear of KongsFord?

Here ya go, right back atcha.

Your ignorance about Fords is no less astounding than your ignorance about....well...about pretty much everything.

I don't think it's a big deal that you are not at all familiar with Fords, but don't spout the crap you did about them since it's obvious you have NO idea as to what you are talking about.

Not only are Fords one of the very few best and safest made cars on the market today, they deliver quite a bang for your buck.

And Fords are known for keeping their value and for their great resale value much more so than the majority of other cars on the market.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592861 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies?
Just WHEN did you say that, RR?

I do know what you said just recently today- your post #592813:

You said:

"Oh boy. Well if, IF, Honda can ever get the reputation of long lasting durability & reliability as that of a Chevy, you can talk.

Until then, you drive a rice burner with a shelf life of 10 years."

At least you're living proof that there are men who don't know sh*t about cars......

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592862 Jan 23, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
If this was a Christian nation, then the laws would reflect that. Yet it is not the law to observe the Sabbath, slavery is abolished, and women are the legal equals to men. The Bible is not used as a legal reference in court. Christianity is not even the official religion of this country. In no way is the United States a Christian nation.
It really boggles my mind that people who seem to wish for a Christian theocracy turn around and criticize countries which are religious theocracies. We have examples, both past and present, of theocracies, and they don't work, and are not a place anyone would want to live in.
What gets me about RR is despite all his flag waving and so-called patriotism, he doesn't like that the USA is NOT any sort of theocracy and never has been and in all likely probability, never will be.

He claims to love his country yet tries to totally dismiss what this country is all about and how and why it was founded as the secular nation it was.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592863 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Henry Ford invented the assembly line and barbecue brickettes. Ever hear of KongsFord?
Here ya go, right back atcha.
Your ignorance about Fords is no less astounding than your ignorance about....well...about pretty much everything.
I don't think it's a big deal that you are not at all familiar with Fords, but don't spout the crap you did about them since it's obvious you have NO idea as to what you are talking about.
Not only are Fords one of the very few best and safest made cars on the market today, they deliver quite a bang for your buck.
And Fords are known for keeping their value and for their great resale value much more so than the majority of other cars on the market.
I know what Henry Ford invented-what does that have to do with him having been an anti-Semitic POS?

Fords are garbage. Or at the very least, Honda is LEAGUES above Ford for reliability, being well constructed, safe, and fuel efficient and I guarantee you there is no comparison whatsoever between the Bluebook value of a used Ford and a used Honda.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592864 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>BTW.....
Ford Would Have Shut Without Auto Bailouts, Rattner Says
By Angela Greiling Keane - Oct 9, 2012 10:20 PM ET
Ford Motor Co.(F), the only large U.S. automaker that didn’t receive a U.S. government bailout, would’ve failed along with General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC if President Barack Obama’s administration hadn’t rescued the industry, said Steven Rattner, who headed Obama’s auto task force.
“Ford would have closed because it wouldn’t have been able to get parts, because the parts industry in this country was in arguably worse shape than the assemblers,” Rattner said today at the Center for American Progress in Washington.
Ford Chief Executive Officer Alan Mulally last month made similar comments, saying he doesn’t regret testifying before Congress in support of taxpayer support for his competitors.
“We think about that a lot, should we have gone back and testified on behalf of our competitors who were bankrupt,” Mulally told reporters Sept. 18 in New York.“I would do the same thing again today.”
Mulally said he agreed with the assessment of “the economic advisers of the Bush administration and the Obama administration that if GM and Chrysler had gone into free fall, they could have taken the United States from a recession into a depression.”
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-09/ford...
Ford didn't take a bailout you moron.

$17.4 billion for General Motors and Chrysler.
$6 billion for GMAC.
$1.5 billion for Chrysler Financial.

Ford accepted a line if credit - just in case -

Ford is in better shape than GM or Chrysler because it had already mortgaged its assets in 2006 to raise $24.5 billion. Although Ford didn't need, and didn't receive any funds, it also didn't want its competition to get the upper hand thanks to the government bailout.

http://useconomy.about.com/od/criticalssues/a...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592865 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It is YOU who can't understand that a majority of the population being Christian doesn't make the USA any more a Christian nation than the majority of the population being white makes the USA a white nation.
BOTH premises are wrong.
Move along now......no theocracy here, RR.
Theocracy? I didn't say that our government is run by priests in the name of God... Quite the opposite.

America was founded by Christians for the free right to practice Christianity without any problems with the government.

Congress used to be held in a church, you know.

The president has his hand on the bible while swearing in.

Etc, etc, etc

America is a Christian nation.

Don't like it, of well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 5 min Ricky F 39,118
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 5 min LAWEST100 618,736
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min PELE78 63,159
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 8 min Ricky F 53,883
Jokes About The Crew !!!!!! (Oct '10) 11 min Ricky F 10
"My anger wouldn't let me feel for a 'stranger'" 13 min Doctor REALITY 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 16 min LAWEST100 653,554
first gay experience? (Sep '14) 8 hr Katie_Anderson14 41
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 hr RiccardoFire 106,459
More from around the web