Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#592455 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If I became an American citizen, I'd no longer be Chinese.
Wow, that's amazingly retarded.
Pat

Granby, CT

#592456 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yes- your joke was a bit amusing and I told you so at that time.
Nope- I have no problem with any emotions nor do I try to make people feel ashamed of having or displaying emotions- but you do.
There is a time and place for emotions? Yes, such as in the workplace or other professional environments and venues- Topix is not one of those venues.
Again- I never accused you of hating anyone, and that you repeatedly accuse me of what I never said shows you to be an emotional wreck as well as a liar.
YOU keep using the word "hate", so perhaps you should examine why you do so when I never used the word or accused you of hating anyone.
YOU are the one who is throwing out bogus accusations, Pat- get a grip.
"your joke was a bit amusing and I told you so at that time."

So then you admit your claim of my complete lack of humor was not true.

"I have no problem with any emotions nor do I try to make people feel ashamed of having or displaying emotions- but you do."

I take issue with you using emotions like you do to go off point and derail the converstation.

"Again- I never accused you of hating anyone"

Stop lying. You make all kinds of bogus accusations about my motives and so forth. You also claim your rcial denial dogma is "what is best for humanity" implying my positon is bad for humantiy. Honesty is never bad as far as I am concerned. I wonder if you will see yourself in the below quote.

"The Left holds that blacks would do as well as whites but for racism, the Right that blacks would do as well as whites but for well-meaning government policies like welfare that sap black ambition.(The seductions of popular culture are sometimes added.) The Left's theory may be wrong, but it observes the forms of correct reasoning. It tries to deal with conflicting evidence, positing unconscious 'structural' discrimination to explain black failure in the United States after the passage of civil rights measures, and internalization of the white man's image of blacks to explain the decline of postcolonial Africa. On the other hand, while conservatives have made a strong case that welfare has accelerated black crime, poverty, and illegitimacy, they ignore the failure of whites to respond as blacks do to welfare incentives available to both races, and explain black failure in the post-civil rights era as a legacy of slavery in language borrowed from the Left. Conservatives such as Thomas Sowell, aware of the worldwide failure of black cultures to develop European/Asian levels of technology, circularly attribute this failure to black culture. The truism that a bad theory beats no theory may explain why the Right's account of race relations is seldom taken seriously. A preoccupation with blame leads both the Left and the Right to mix questions of cause with questions of fault. The causal question is, simply,'Why do the races differ?' The complex fault question is,'What malice or folly created these differences?' For the Left it is malicious racism, for the Right it is foolish welfare, with both sides ignoring the possibility that human action has nothing to do with it. The upshot is scolding and lecturing, as the Left scolds whites for 'racism' of which they may be innocent, the Right lectures everyone about a work ethic blacks may be unable to follow, and the Left scolds the Right right back for 'blaming the victim.' Finally, both Left and Right see the failure of blacks to live like whites as a problem. Certainly, blacks are less prosperous than whites. But this relative shortfall does not imply that blacks are deprived in any absolute sense; a black with a TV set and flush toilet has treasures undreamed of by the Pharaohs."

Michael Levin, philosophy professor at City University of New York.

Location hidden

#592457 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
To me itís not that emotions are either positive or negative, itís the fact that some emotions are more comfortable to tolerate than others.
Well that's easy to fix, you just have to learn the definition of negative and positive, Many first graders already know this.
Pat

Granby, CT

#592458 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you won't care or show any warmth or kindness due to me telling you this is a great post and that I agree with you 100%, but I'm telling you anyway.
:-)
Thank you. We agree because you have the courage and honesty to understand that a persons sexual orientation is not a valid reason to be biased towards someone or to want to deny them equal rights under the law.

It behooves every man who values liberty of conscience for himself, to resist invasions of it in the case of others; or their case may, by change of circumstances, become his own.
-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Benjamin Rush, April 21, 1803

Location hidden

#592459 Jan 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
You no understand difference between ethnicity and nationality grasshopper?
It's amazing how a grown adult like him doesn't understand simple, basic things like this. Half of the problems in this country can be traced back to lack of education.
Pat

Granby, CT

#592460 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>It bothers you that I like to emphasize? Sorry...... If you would stop letting your emotions get the better of you, it wouldn't bother you.
I won't admit what is not true- and I don't see anyone else here jumping on your racist bandwagon, Pat.
BTW, I never said that races don't differ behaviorally, but I don't agree it is because of what YOU think the reason is.
Anyway, I prefer to view people as individuals as much as I possibly can and in doing so, I find that no two PEOPLE behave the same- let alone an entire group or race of people.
I agree with MLK 100 percent, we should all be judged on our individual merits and no on our race, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant quality. With that said, so long as liberals continue to obsess over race, pointing out every racial disparity they can possibly uncover and then attributing these disparities to racism by whites there will be just cause for the white population to defend itself aganst these unfounded accusations. The burden of proof lies with the accuser and there is no evidence of racial equality or that whites are the cause of black failure.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592461 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>1. Two And A Half Men
2. Anger Management
3. Even some Seinfeld episodes
4. Assorted other shows
5. MANY movies- both on TV and in theaters
Yes- you DID say that- you said: "homosexuals are not a minority, they're not a race"
Funny that you posted that AFTER stating that homosexuals represent about 1% of the population.....you don't have ANY clue as to what you yourself say, do you?
If someone is suspected of being gay or is known to be gay simply because they disclosed that information and not at all based on their behavior, they can be discriminated against and often are.
And really- attitudes such as yours are MORE than enough for people to be "held down by society".
I will agree that to one degree or another, the majority of people are "held down" in one way or another; that doesn't make it right nor does it justify people being held down due to nothing other than blatant and unwarranted- not to mention ILLEGAL- discrimination.
None of those show glorifies any sexuality, they are comedies, nothing more. Compared to shows like Will & Grace or RuPauls Drag Fags, THOSE glorify homosexuality.

Yes, I know what I said, you took it wrong. How about homosexuals are not a minority nor are they a race. Better?

Location hidden

#592462 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Some people are so easily offended, even the word "redneck" gets flagged.
Well I can understand why that's considered offensive.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592463 Jan 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>What's with the "99 month" comment?
OPPS, sorry. 99 weeks....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#592464 Jan 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
"your joke was a bit amusing and I told you so at that time."
So then you admit your claim of my complete lack of humor was not true.
"I have no problem with any emotions nor do I try to make people feel ashamed of having or displaying emotions- but you do."
I take issue with you using emotions like you do to go off point and derail the converstation.
"Again- I never accused you of hating anyone"
Stop lying. You make all kinds of bogus accusations about my motives and so forth. You also claim your rcial denial dogma is "what is best for humanity" implying my positon is bad for humantiy. Honesty is never bad as far as I am concerned. I wonder if you will see yourself in the below quote.
"The Left holds that blacks would do as well as whites but for racism, the Right that blacks would do as well as whites but for well-meaning government policies like welfare that sap black ambition.(The seductions of popular culture are sometimes added.) The Left's theory may be wrong, but it observes the forms of correct reasoning. It tries to deal with conflicting evidence, positing unconscious 'structural' discrimination to explain black failure in the United States after the passage of civil rights measures, and internalization of the white man's image of blacks to explain the decline of postcolonial Africa. On the other hand, while conservatives have made a strong case that welfare has accelerated black crime, poverty, and illegitimacy, they ignore the failure of whites to respond as blacks do to welfare incentives available to both races, and explain black failure in the post-civil rights era as a legacy of slavery in language borrowed from the Left. Conservatives such as Thomas Sowell, aware of the worldwide failure of black cultures to develop European/Asian levels of technology, circularly attribute this failure to black culture. The truism that a bad theory beats no theory may explain why the Right's account of race relations is seldom taken seriously. A preoccupation with blame leads both the Left and the Right to mix questions of cause with questions of fault. The causal question is, simply,'Why do the races differ?' The complex fault question is,'What malice or folly created these differences?' For the Left it is malicious racism, for the Right it is foolish welfare, with both sides ignoring the possibility that human action has nothing to do with it. The upshot is scolding and lecturing, as the Left scolds whites for 'racism' of which they may be innocent, the Right lectures everyone about a work ethic blacks may be unable to follow, and the Left scolds the Right right back for 'blaming the victim.' Finally, both Left and Right see the failure of blacks to live like whites as a problem. Certainly, blacks are less prosperous than whites. But this relative shortfall does not imply that blacks are deprived in any absolute sense; a black with a TV set and flush toilet has treasures undreamed of by the Pharaohs."
Michael Levin, philosophy professor at City University of New York.
Okay.

You're annoying.

But that's okay, okay?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592465 Jan 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Heteros exhibit the very same behaviors it's just that you don't find them as offensive because you are prejudiced towards gays.
Some of the things you mention are being done for the very reason that gays are being discriminated against. There will be no need to bring the subject up once the bible bigots like yourself are put in your place and gays have equal rights.
HA! You, Mr Racist, are in no position to talk about equality.

Besides, what rights to I have that gays don't?

They get to parade around naked, without getting arrested for it. I can't....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592466 Jan 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with MLK 100 percent, we should all be judged on our individual merits and no on our race, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant quality. With that said, so long as liberals continue to obsess over race, pointing out every racial disparity they can possibly uncover and then attributing these disparities to racism by whites there will be just cause for the white population to defend itself aganst these unfounded accusations. The burden of proof lies with the accuser and there is no evidence of racial equality or that whites are the cause of black failure.
Okay.

You're still annoying.

And that's still okay, okay?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592467 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>There are true stories galore out there of people who truly want to work and who are actively and diligently seeking work and who have gone YEARS without finding a job.
Things are improving and the job market is coming alive a bit more once again, but for many years jobs were very tight and the competition was- and still is- very stiff. There is no set time limit for someone to be "between jobs". It can be for a few months or it can be for a few years and through no fault of the person seeking work.
BTW, the tax payers who pay for unemployment benefits are EMPLOYERS and not individual tax payers such as you and me.
And sorry bub- but employers having to pay that tax? It's a cost of doing business and of being in business.
Why do liberals cater to the people that do not contribute to our society?

Why do you people accept laziness & reward people for it?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592468 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If I became an American citizen, I'd no longer be Chinese.
Mylan wrote:
Wow, that's amazingly retarded.
Why?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592469 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
None of those show glorifies any sexuality, they are comedies, nothing more. Compared to shows like Will & Grace or RuPauls Drag Fags, THOSE glorify homosexuality.
Yes, I know what I said, you took it wrong. How about homosexuals are not a minority nor are they a race. Better?
Which glorify sexuality- what difference does it make if they're comedies or dramas?

Homosexuals ARE a minority group; the majority of people are heterosexual, so therefore, that would mean that homosexuals are indeed a minority group.

That they are a minority group has absolutely nothing at all to do with race.

You and Pat should get together and open a ribbon factory since you both seem to think that the most complex of sociological and societal issues can all be wrapped up nice and tidy and tied with a pretty bow.

Very little in life is as black and white as both you and Pat seem to think it is.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592470 Jan 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Well that's easy to fix, you just have to learn the definition of negative and positive, Many first graders already know this.
Agreed. So go tell the people that let their emotions get the best of them.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592471 Jan 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
Thank you. We agree because you have the courage and honesty to understand that a persons sexual orientation is not a valid reason to be biased towards someone or to want to deny them equal rights under the law.
But you think it's ok to be biased based in skin color.....

LMAO you're such a hypocrite.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592472 Jan 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Well I can understand why that's considered offensive.
....and in your typical fashion, you won't explain why.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592473 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA! You, Mr Racist, are in no position to talk about equality.
Besides, what rights to I have that gays don't?
They get to parade around naked, without getting arrested for it. I can't....
Pat is a WOMAN.

And you are a LIAR. NO ONE parades around NAKED. Maybe in your fantasy world, but not in the REAL world does anyone at a gay parade- or anywhere else for that matter- parade around naked and if they did, they would of course, get arrested for it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592474 Jan 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, that's amazingly retarded.
Well, since RR seems to be quite slow and mentally and intellectually underdeveloped, it certainly makes sense that his comment was indeed amazingly retarded.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min truth 554,471
How i Got My EX Husband Back home Thanks to Gr... 11 min lostlover256 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min lisw 174,969
Spiritual Rats (Amagudwane) That Bring Money ..... 15 min lostlover256 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min AussieBobby 263,316
Moses never existed 1 hr thewordofme 498
Last Word + 2 1 hr Richies Cool Man ... 939
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Just Wondering 603,494
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 2 hr NATHAN 176

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE