Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592647 Jan 23, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
<sigh>
Now you wanna get specific!
Fugg off!
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
You'er still reaching..

In that post, I wrote:

"You're reaching...

I drink fermented barley & hops. Not a drug.

I smoke a plant that doesn't have mind-altering effects. Not a drug."

But hey, if you wanna call cigarettes a drug, that's all you. One just wonders if you call Tums a drug, too...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592648 Jan 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
It is what it is and it is a very immature, contradictory, absurd ignorant and just plain foolish story.
Like I said, you need to dumb it down for yourself, that's OK...

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#592649 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it's true. I believe God exists. I believe Jesus died for our sins & I believe in heaven.
So?
So, if your belief is founded upon cultural familiarity, it's just as likely you'd be sacrificing to Zeus or praying toward Mecca if you'd been born in a different time or place.

Which begs the question, is believing in something that is probably not true harmless?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#592650 Jan 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It would take crazy on a scale I don't want to imagine, to have socks from different countries.
far more difficult to have unique, and cosistent, writting (prose) styles for each sock

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#592651 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You'er still reaching..
In that post, I wrote:
"You're reaching...
But hey, if you wanna call cigarettes a drug, that's all you. One just wonders if you call Tums a drug, too...
Cigarettes contain nicotine.

Nicotine is a drug.

You smoke cigarettes.

You use drugs.

End of story.
berserker

Lodi, CA

#592652 Jan 23, 2013
Certainly one would run into trouble prooving there is a god if all you got to go by is the corrupt western ideology about god. In the ancient past aliens were mistaken for (gods) We cannot even measure nor see over half the energy and matter in the universe, hence the name (dark matter and dark energy. If the ranting and raving imbicile that started this post bothered to do ANY research before he clearly showed to all what a moron he is, then he would know things like many scientists despite their own dogmatic narrow view reluctantly agree that there could indeed be a (god) not to mean a christain god or allah or what ever just some form of a creator, like the universal mind stated by Edgar Cayce the sleeping profit. Also the sound theory with many hard facts to back it up is called the holographic universe and in this theory it indicates that there must be something constantly creating. Read the theory moron if you have reading ability more than a dick and Jane level.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#592653 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm calling you out.
You've yet to show a post of mine where I said cigarettes don't contain a drug, which is what you accused me of saying.
Here it is- from what Hukt just posted:

"You're reaching...

Okay- grapes are not a drug either until they are turned into wine. THEN they have become a drug.

Tobacco is a plant which is a DRUG and is one of MANY plants that are drugs. And cigarettes most definitely DO have mind-altering effects; that is a main reason why when people quit they have great trouble concentrating and the addiction to cigarettes is a PHYSICAL addiction as well as a psychological addiction; the PHYSICAL addiction is due to the addictive qualities of the DRUG found in tobacco- that being the DRUG known as nicotine and actually, the botanical name of the tobacco plant is nicotiana tabacum.

And.....

"Tomatoes and eggplants are just two examples of foods that naturally contain Nicotine in reasonable levels.

However, the high availability of the substance in tobacco makes it the best way to receive the effects that it produces in larger amounts.

A normal cigarette made from tobacco will give a person approximately 1 milligram of Nicotine that will be absorbed into the bloodstream.

This small amount will have stimulating effects, raising a personís heartbeat and making the person breathe faster.

One of the strange things about Nicotine is that it can also become a relaxant drug.

As a person becomes dependent on the cigarettes, they will receive more relaxation rather than stimulation when they smoke as the craving has been filled."

http://www.unfilteredtv.com/nicotine.html

RR- SHOCK me by being a MAN and admitting you were WRONG.

Barley and hops are fermented in order to be turned into a DRUG.

You smoke tobacco which is a plant which is a drug and yes, nicotine IS a mind-altering substance. That is it a subtle mind-altering substance doesn't negate that it IS a mind-altering substance.

Stop trying to be the poster boy for the wholesome all American boy- you'll never achieve that and that's okay- but stop talking as if you do not use drugs. You DO.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#592654 Jan 23, 2013
I guess people that smoke marijuana cigarettes aren't doing drugs?

Sure...

That makes sense, doesn't it?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592655 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You'er still reaching..
In that post, I wrote:
"You're reaching...
Sigh......yes- TUMS is a drug, RR.

About cigarettes....go ahead and nit-pick that they are drug delivery devices all you like. You use drugs every time you smoke a cigarette.

"In August 1995, the federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA), proposed a rule to give it the power to regulate certain tobacco products containing nicotine on the basis that they meet the legal definition of drugs under the federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.

From 1995 to 1997, researchers at St. Peter's Medical Center, New Brunswick, N.J., collected, organized. and analyzed information concerning the legal definition of tobacco products as drugs.

The project was part of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's (RWJF) national program Tobacco Policy Research and Evaluation Program.

Key Findings

Researchers concluded that nicotine is a drug and that cigarettes qualify as drug-delivery devices under the definition of current food and drug laws.
The analysis states that the data are strong enough to justify banning all tobacco advertising under current law."

http://pweb1.rwjf.org/reports/grr/026766.htm

Listen- just because you obviously can only apply the word "drug" in the most negative of ways doesn't change the fact that ALL medicines including TUMS are in fact, drugs nor does it change the fact that alcohol and tobacco both are drugs.

Only a total moron such as you truly are would argue against those facts.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592656 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed- as does alcohol kill more people than does marijuana.
Yes, but people that smoke pot can still kill...

A meta-analysis was conducted using nine epidemiological studies of motor vehicle collisions that measured recent cannabis use and also included control groups. Experimental and simulation studies were excluded.

The results indicated that driving under the influence of cannabis was associated with a 92% increased risk of vehicular crashes. Important is the fact that such driving was associated with a 110% increase in fatal crashes.

www2.potsdam.edu/.../Marijuana-Use-Increases-... ...

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#592657 Jan 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
That is nonsense. Crime is mainly the result of a lack or moral sense. We all have opportunity yet we all do not take advantage of it to steal or victimize others. Poverty does not expalin away the ten fold difference in black crime rates. Eduation is far less of a factor than IQ for felons of all races tend to have a lower IQ average, around 85.
Melanin also does not cause anybody to do anything. It's not the skin color, it's the behaviors that so often go along with it.
So your argument is that crime is caused by a lack of moral sense, which is linked to IQ somehow, which is linked to black people, who you insist have lower IQ levels statistically. Is that correct? And please explain the correlation between melanin and behavior.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#592658 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the ethnic logic I can't wrap my head around.
You say your dad is Chinese because he was born in china. But you say you are also Chinese even though you were born in South Korea.
Issues aplenty.
ethnicity

national identity

not hard for the educated

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592659 Jan 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I guess RR consideres himself Ethiopian since that is where the oldest humanoid remains have been found!
Nope. My heritage is American. My nationality is American. My ancestors were American.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#592660 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And you were wrong about that too.
80% of the parts of pretty much every foreign company car was manufactured right here in the good ol' US of A.
I whined about NOTHING- YOU were the one whining and LYING by saying it took 200 million gallons of gas to get my car (a Honda 2 door Civic) to the USA.
My car was made here as were the majority of the parts of the car and the major components of the car.
Go suck on a tail pipe.
He's also ignoring the fact that cargo vessels tend to be large enough to carry more than a single automobile.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592661 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>YOU are the idiot. How one says it doesn't change the fact that when one buys cigarettes they ARE buying a drug.
When one has a headache and takes an aspirin for it, or Tylenol or Aleve or whatever OTC DRUG they might like, they ARE taking a DRUG.
What is WRONG with you???
You think that because we call cigarettes cigarettes that means they are not a drug?
Yes, I do.

Drug: A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592662 Jan 23, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Cigarettes contain nicotine.
Nicotine is a drug.
You smoke cigarettes.
You use drugs.
End of story.
Just as someone who takes TUMS uses drugs, just as someone who takes Tylenol uses drugs and just as someone who smokes marijuana uses drugs.

RR is hung up on the word "drug" and also seems to be hung up on the fact that as a cigarette smoker, he is a drug ADDICT just as I am since I am also a cigarette smoker.

Being a cigarette smoker doesn't make one a "bad" person, but of course, smoking is not at all intelligent nor is it a habit anyone should aspire to.

In RR's case, he claims he didn't start smoking until he was in his mid 30s which puts him in the MINORITY since the majority of those who smoke as adults started when they were teenagers and had a greater sense of invulnerability than one should have by the time they are in their mid 30s.

Anyhow, as I am a smoker and am quite addicted to the vile things, I would never claim I was not addicted to a drug and therefore, by definition/default, a drug addict.

That an addiction is a LEGAL addiction makes it no less an addiction.

I know you know this, just as I'm sure you know RR does NOT know this.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#592663 Jan 23, 2013
Gawd damn!

How can a person be that obtuse and not realize it !?!

It boggles the mind.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592664 Jan 23, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>And some people like being retarded. And some people like being violent. And some people like being meth users. What's your point?
And some people like being liberals. Weird.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592665 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You're being more ridiculous than ever now, RR.
Just let it go. I knew long before today that you aren't capable of grasping or discerning the difference between nationality and heritage/ethnicity.
If someone asks me what I am in terms of nationality, I tell them I am American. If they want to know about my ancestry, I tell them that my heritage is that of Russian, English and Romanian and this despite that on my mother's side, both of her parents were born here.
Not as big a deal as you are making it out to be, RR.
OK, fine.

My heritage, nationality & ancestry is American.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592666 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but people that smoke pot can still kill...
A meta-analysis was conducted using nine epidemiological studies of motor vehicle collisions that measured recent cannabis use and also included control groups. Experimental and simulation studies were excluded.
The results indicated that driving under the influence of cannabis was associated with a 92% increased risk of vehicular crashes. Important is the fact that such driving was associated with a 110% increase in fatal crashes.
www2.potsdam.edu/.../Marijuana-Use-Increases-... ...
WTF does that have to do with the fact that alcohol use kills more people than does marijuana use?

I don't recall ever saying that marijuana can't or doesn't kill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Truths 612,160
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min WasteWater 271,294
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Regina 589,598
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 10 min WasteWater 5,891
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 min WasteWater 99,736
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 14 min WasteWater 4,198
Curious 17 min Got my reasons 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Freebird USA 176,847
More from around the web