Prove there's a god.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#592764 Jan 23, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
So your argument is that crime is caused by a lack of moral sense, which is linked to IQ somehow, which is linked to black people, who you insist have lower IQ levels statistically. Is that correct? And please explain the correlation between melanin and behavior.
"And please explain the correlation between melanin and behavior."

There is none. The correlation is between lower levels of moral sense and evolving in a temperate climate, the same climate that happened to create dark skin and the same climate that did not select as strongly for moral traits (rules of group cooperation) that a cold harsh climate with long winters did. Group cooperation is much more essential to survival in a cold climate compared to that in a temperate climate.

"No one judges others because of skin color but because of what is carried in the information. We are not frightened of a very well dressed, extremely tan Italian coming down the street. What we are frightened of is what we recognize as a male that is African American and from experience belongs to a group that based on available data is by nature violent. Human nature includes trying to protect oneself and using all available information to improve the odds of survival. We all instinctively feel safer in a brand new car than one that is all beat up and rusting out. We base these odds on available evidence, that it is more likely that an old car will fail than a new one. And it is more likely that someone of African descent, because of evolution, is more prone to violence than say an Asian, even though we do not know either individual personally. As humans, we process all information available to improve our odds against a hostile environment."

Michael Levin, philosophy professor at City University of New York

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#592765 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I think he thinks gays have the legal right to parade around naked. I guess that means RR wants that same (non-existent) legal right.
He did provide pics of people naked at gay parades; however, he provided nothing to prove they are never arrested for being naked in public despite his claim that gay people "never" are arrested for being naked in public.
Guess you never heard of Mardi Gras ?
Half naked anyway, but much overlooked.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#592766 Jan 23, 2013
God wrote:
<quoted text>Your challenge is redundant.Prove i'm not God.
If you were God you would not ask for proof.

Done.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#592767 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. My heritage is American. My nationality is American. My ancestors were American.
What tribe?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#592768 Jan 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I never got that from either French people or Japanese, however every English cept a few are arrogant as hell, and have that superiority complex. Though I have met a few English girls that were really sweet.
I really like German women they sound so damn sexy!:)
But all the French I ever met were really nice people and so were the Japanese, and they say if you visit Japan, you don't want to leave.
I've been to Japan as well as Thailand, Israel and several European countries as well as Canada and Mexico.

Nowhere were people more hospitable, genuinely warm, friendly and welcoming than was the case in Japan.

Not only are the people wonderful, the Japanese countryside is breathtakingly beautiful.

While Venice is my favorite city of all the foreign cities I've visited, Japan is at the top of my list of my favorite countries I've visited pretty much in a tie with Canada and particularly Western Canada.

I can see why there are those who say if you've been to Japan you don't want to leave.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#592769 Jan 23, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a thought...
Tylenol kills more people than marijuana.
Feed me Seymour the marijuana plant?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592770 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Honda Civic. Great car.
Parts are made in Canada, Brazil & Japan.
Assembled in America (so are Lego's)
Real American car you got there...
And yeah- the Honda Civic IS a great car.

Also among the greenest of all cars as well.

And- it delivers great performance and great gas mileage.

It's an EXCELLENT car.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#592771 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong.
"Redneck is a derogatory slang term used in reference to poor, uneducated white farmers, especially from the southern United States."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck
I don't see it as derogatory. Farmers and coal miners are hard workers. The people who called them rednecks as an insult didn't turn their nose up at using the products that their hard labor provided and should have been ashamed of talking that way about them. They were hypocrites for doing so. I'd rather be friends with the "salt of the Earth" than with arrogant elitists and their misplaced pride.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#592772 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww.....
I'd recommend not moving to those states...
That kind of response is exactly why there has to be a separation of govt. and religion.

And we're working on it.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592773 Jan 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Guess you never heard of Mardi Gras ?
Half naked anyway, but much overlooked.
Of course I heard of it- if you read RR's post, he specifically said he wasn't referring to Mardi Gras so that is why I didn't mention it in my response to him.

Point is, RR claimed that no one who is naked at a gay parade gets arrested. He made the claim, but provided nothing in the way of backing up that claim.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#592774 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I will fight for traditional American values for as long as I can.
I will also continue to right for what's right & what's the law.
IF guns are outlawed (haha) I will turn mine in.
IF gays are allowed to marry, I will back them.
I have a natural instinct to follow the law, even when I disagree with it.
thank you!

i've been ruined (in a good way) since reading the exhaustive biography of Deitrich Bonhoefer. i truly believe that in it, we've been given a glimpse of how our socio-political environment can fold in on itself and become a vehicle of the devil himself. America is not immune.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#592775 Jan 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The U.N. is evil.
You haven't been very nice either.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592776 Jan 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see it as derogatory. Farmers and coal miners are hard workers. The people who called them rednecks as an insult didn't turn their nose up at using the products that their hard labor provided and should have been ashamed of talking that way about them. They were hypocrites for doing so. I'd rather be friends with the "salt of the Earth" than with arrogant elitists and their misplaced pride.
Good point- I simply provided a definition of the word and more often than not, to call someone a redneck is meant as an insult.

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#592777 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I've been to Japan as well as Thailand, Israel and several European countries as well as Canada and Mexico.
Nowhere were people more hospitable, genuinely warm, friendly and welcoming than was the case in Japan.
Not only are the people wonderful, the Japanese countryside is breathtakingly beautiful.
While Venice is my favorite city of all the foreign cities I've visited, Japan is at the top of my list of my favorite countries I've visited pretty much in a tie with Canada and particularly Western Canada.
I can see why there are those who say if you've been to Japan you don't want to leave.
My sister was born there, but I have never been.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#592778 Jan 23, 2013
God wrote:
<quoted text>Your challenge is redundant.Prove i'm not God.
You can't be, my dachshund is god and for $5 I'll sell you a stool sample from God to prove it!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592779 Jan 23, 2013
AntiFreakMachine wrote:
<quoted text>
That kind of response is exactly why there has to be a separation of govt. and religion.
And we're working on it.
The separation already exists. The task at hand is to keep that separation intact. Such legislation as you posted is scary but much more ridiculous than it is scary; as I said earlier, there is no way to prove if a person who SAYS they believe in a god really does.

What a total waste of time, effort and taxpayer money.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#592780 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at all. I'm proud of where they came from - America.
<quoted text>
Now that depends on how far back you want to dig into your ancestry, doesn't it?
<quoted text>
Why? Why do you think it's "wrong" of me to call myself American. I see i differently than you, that's all. I've never given you shit about you thinking where your ancestors came from, why do you berate me for it?
I know where you are coming from. On forms, when asked, I answer "Canadian" and if it is not there, I write it in.

How do I answer for my ethnicity, by percentages? It is not clear to me what the correct answers would be, and I do have my ancestry back at least 5 generations on "all 4 of my grandparents". I live in Canada, Most of my ancestors were born here, at what point do I become a Canadian, how many generations does it take, and when asked my ethnicity how small a percentage is significant?

“Wrath”

Is revenant

#592781 Jan 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see it as derogatory. Farmers and coal miners are hard workers. The people who called them rednecks as an insult didn't turn their nose up at using the products that their hard labor provided and should have been ashamed of talking that way about them. They were hypocrites for doing so. I'd rather be friends with the "salt of the Earth" than with arrogant elitists and their misplaced pride.

Where I come from calling a person a redneck means they are country folks and most of them like to fight. So watch it around those rednecks, especially if they look like Buck ,lol you need a football bat or something.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#592782 Jan 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I never got that from either French people or Japanese, however every English cept a few are arrogant as hell, and have that superiority complex. Though I have met a few English girls that were really sweet.
I really like German women they sound so damn sexy!:)
But all the French I ever met were really nice people and so were the Japanese, and they say if you visit Japan, you don't want to leave.
Japan is probably the best place I've ever been, as a tourist. To live there is a different story. First their culture is very sexist (though that is slowly changing). Secondly, if you are not Japanese it is very difficult to integrate into society. Third, there is alot of pressure to conform; there is a Japanese proverb which says "the nail which sticks up gets hammered down". Fourth, it's culturally very dissimilar, and often frustrating, to a Westerner. They focus a great deal on manners, which is great on the surface, but in practice it means you often don't really know what is going on in a given situation. One is also judged by their manners, which can become insanely subtle and obtuse. And then there is the crazy work ethic, which means you work all the time, for most of your life, with very little time for yourself. This is why "salarymen" go out and get trashed with their friends and sleep in capsule hotels in train stations.

But as a tourist, or to live there part-time, it's fantastic. You've never been anyplace cleaner. There is almost no crime. Mass transit is clean, efficient, and pleasant. In fact just about everything is. And parts of it are quite beautiful and soulful. It's also not as expensive as most seem to assume. It's no more expensive to visit, even Tokyo, than a major US city. And the food there can be super healthy. And of course Japan is the source of all cuteness. Cute cartoon characters pervade the culture. I once had a Japanese friend explain that there is a pervasive infantilism in Japan because people don't really get much of a childhood, and so they yearn for one as adults. That was kinda sad to hear. But it is what makes things like Maid Cafes possible, and those are FUN!

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#592783 Jan 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
And you like how those rednecks down your way play rough, eh?

Give it to you hard, whether you want it or not?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 18 min Aussie Kev 2,358
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 57 min Steve III 650,730
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 1 hr Johnny 768
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 445,936
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 106,094
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Dr Banonator 56,351
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 1 hr Johnny 212
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr X Pendable 182,982
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 4 hr RiccardoFire 45,002
More from around the web