Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

River Tam wrote:
I'm not allowed to look at that link. I'm reminded of China.
I'll look on your behalf.

Goodnight River.
socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

You prove there's a 'caveman'????

...waiting...

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll look on your behalf.
Goodnight River.
Goodnight Tide.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't.
You can fool a person into thinking you live them, but you can't fool God.
Right, just like Unicorns, they never let you catch them, ever.
endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>This is from someone who called the person they posted to- RR- a "fool".
Gee- I wanna be happy-go-lucky like YOU are, Pat- NOT.
You're a cold piece of bitchy work.
And I'm not angry at ALL- I am AMUSED and consider yourself among those I find to be amusing.
At any rate, noxious fumes may as well emit from RR's gaping maw, since all he spews here is smelly crap- like YOU.
Your use of capital letters proves how emotional you get. Nice angry post by the way...
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you call everyone liars all the time? If you think everyone on Topix is lying, why do you come? Do you enjoy that kind of frame of mind which has you thinking everyone is a liar?
Why are you always going on about the inferiority of blacks? Do you enjoy that kind of frame of mind?
I call someone a lair when they lie, nothing emotional about it.
I am not always going on about blacks but am happy to discuss your egalitarian fallacy with you any time you want. I find the topic very interesting from the viewpoint that the facts of racial differences in behavior get denied by the egalitarians just like the facts about death get denied by the theist. Both groups use pseudo reasoning to protect their cherished beliefs in the very same way. By far, the two most difficult topics for people to face honestly are death and race. On those two matters it appears that most people will just go with whatever appeals to them, with no regard for evidence.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Your use of capital letters proves how emotional you get. Nice angry post by the way...
No- my use of caps is for EMPHASIS. If Topix had a BOLD feature, I would use that instead, but since they don't, I use caps to emphasize in lieu of there not being a bold feature.

Pat, you may think you don't come off as an angry person and an angry poster, but you do. That you are quite passive/aggressive with your anger does not hide the fact that you are a very bitter, very unhappy and very angry person.

Next is your bizarre issue with human emotions, which as I stated yesterday, is a big part of the core of being human. We ARE emotional beings, and that you may try to deny that for yourself does not mean everyone else has to deny it for themselves as well.

Not only do you have a problem with negative emotions, the demeanor of your posts, your total lack of humor and just the fairly palpable chill that I feel emanating from you tells me you have an issue with positive emotions as well.

You really would do best to apply your armchair psychology to yourself and when you talk about angry posts, don't single me or anyone else out- plenty of people who post here also get angry, nasty and downright mean and I give as good- or as bad- as I get.

If that upsets you, after you are done denying to yourself that you are experiencing any sort of emotion, you need not read or respond to my posts.

You live in a glass house, Pat- tend to it before anyone throws stones at YOU.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I call someone a lair when they lie, nothing emotional about it.
I am not always going on about blacks but am happy to discuss your egalitarian fallacy with you any time you want. I find the topic very interesting from the viewpoint that the facts of racial differences in behavior get denied by the egalitarians just like the facts about death get denied by the theist. Both groups use pseudo reasoning to protect their cherished beliefs in the very same way. By far, the two most difficult topics for people to face honestly are death and race. On those two matters it appears that most people will just go with whatever appeals to them, with no regard for evidence.
You see blacks as inferior to whites. No doubt you see other racial groups as inferior to whites as well.

What you fail to realize is that no two people are of the exact same intelligence or capabilities or talents. That is not a question of one person necessarily being better than another, regardless of their race.

It really doesn't matter that YOU think blacks are inferior to whites other than that it proves you are a racist and I am far from the only person here to have told you that.

You seem to want people to agree with you; not sure why, for if you are so sure that blacks are inferior to whites, that "knowledge" you have should be enough for you without you having the (emotional)need to get others to agree with you.

And someone telling you that they do not agree with you that blacks are inferior to whites is not someone lying to you.

Perhaps you should consider that you may be lying to yourself.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm Chinese because my Dad is.
He was born in China.
I was born in South Korea.
We all have issues :)
This is the ethnic logic I can't wrap my head around.

You say your dad is Chinese because he was born in china. But you say you are also Chinese even though you were born in South Korea.

Issues aplenty.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just a fancy way for one to say they have an intimate understanding of electricity and are trained and proficient with circuit/component level analysis, troubleshooting, and repair. I used to be a bench tech >>> a dying breed. No one fixes anything like that anymore. They throw "it" away and get a new one.
I can teach it up to a certain level >>> vocational/tech school... so long as the students don't need class credit toward a degree (get away with that sometimes as a substitute).
<quoted text>
Let's back up a bit. Maybe I lead you to assume I was a licensed lead electrician... I wasn't. It was just a job I had between the Navy and my first career-oriented position (while attending civilian school).
The guys I worked for didn't do any residential/service work. They only worked major construction sites >>> office parks, schools, hospitals, etc. They let me do everything they did except for, and maybe this is what you're wondering about, bid on jobs. If you're wondering about codes and standards and such... yeah, I knew what I needed to.
To directly answer your question >>> Let's see... I bent and hung the sh!t outta some conduit!
IMO... it's the EE that has the "fun" job... the electricians just followed his directions.
On the other hand... I know a few EEs, one of which occasionally post to this thread, that tell me that if they had it to do all over again... they'd be an electrician.
Wasn't trying to make it sound like a complete dunce could do the job... but it isn't ďrocket scienceĒ either.
Nice. Navy man, huh? Thank you!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHA.
That was great. Reread your post, dude.
Lol shu'up. I shudda read it before posting.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Excluded Middle Fallacy again?
GET THE EFF OVER YERSELF!!!
Who told you that one cannot be both, and why did you believe him?
I believe that one can only hail from one nation.

My nationality is American. I'm American.

If I was born in china, I'd've Chinese. If I move to America, I'd still be Chinese. If I became an American citizen, I'd no longer be Chinese.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the ethnic logic I can't wrap my head around.
You say your dad is Chinese because he was born in china. But you say you are also Chinese even though you were born in South Korea.
Issues aplenty.
And yet you'll say that you're "Christian".

Even though you clearly are not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- my use of caps is for EMPHASIS. If Topix had a BOLD feature, I would use that instead, but since they don't, I use caps to emphasize in lieu of there not being a bold feature.
Pat, you may think you don't come off as an angry person and an angry poster, but you do. That you are quite passive/aggressive with your anger does not hide the fact that you are a very bitter, very unhappy and very angry person.
Next is your bizarre issue with human emotions, which as I stated yesterday, is a big part of the core of being human. We ARE emotional beings, and that you may try to deny that for yourself does not mean everyone else has to deny it for themselves as well.
Not only do you have a problem with negative emotions, the demeanor of your posts, your total lack of humor and just the fairly palpable chill that I feel emanating from you tells me you have an issue with positive emotions as well.
You really would do best to apply your armchair psychology to yourself and when you talk about angry posts, don't single me or anyone else out- plenty of people who post here also get angry, nasty and downright mean and I give as good- or as bad- as I get.
If that upsets you, after you are done denying to yourself that you are experiencing any sort of emotion, you need not read or respond to my posts.
There is no such thing as negative emotions, just as a rainy dat isn't necessarily gloomy.

To me itís not that emotions are either positive or negative, itís the fact that some emotions are more comfortable to tolerate than others.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A cargo ship actually uses about 8,800 gallons of fuel per day.
It takes 11 days to get from Asia to America.
That's 96,800 gallons of fuel to get your foreign cars here.
At my current rate of fuel consumption, it'd take me over 9,000 years to use that much fuel & spew that much emissions.
F_ck your foreign cars. Your 38 mpg has a 100,000 gallon price tag, stupid.
You're wrong- AGAIN. And I posted the info for you yesterday proving you wrong- AGAIN.

My "foreign" car was manufactured right here in the good ol' US of A as were 80% of the parts manufactured right here in the good ol' US of A.

Really naive of you to think that the majority of foreign company cars are actually assembled in those foreign countries and then shipped here.

Don't try to justify your love of gas guzzling vehicles to me, RR- they are not necessary, they are a waste and a major reason for our dependence upon oil and oil from foreign countries no less.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- my use of caps is for EMPHASIS. If Topix had a BOLD feature, I would use that instead, but since they don't, I use caps to emphasize in lieu of there not being a bold feature.
Your post is a very good example of emotional froth....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And yet you'll say that you're "Christian".
Even though you clearly are not.
That's your argument? Shit talk?

Nice
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that one can only hail from one nation.
My nationality is American. I'm American.
If I was born in china, I'd've Chinese. If I move to America, I'd still be Chinese. If I became an American citizen, I'd no longer be Chinese.
You no understand difference between ethnicity and nationality grasshopper?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as negative emotions, just as a rainy dat isn't necessarily gloomy.
To me itís not that emotions are either positive or negative, itís the fact that some emotions are more comfortable to tolerate than others.
I actually agree with you, but I stated it as such to make my point.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••