OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#592417 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Just as a rainy day isn't necessarily "gloomy". It depends on how it's perceived.
In the Star Wars world, emotions are used - even 'neagative' ones: "Your hate has made you powerful"
Sometimes I find rainy days to be very comforting and pleasant; maybe that's because here in the Sunshine State (VERY aptly named) our cloudy and "gloomy" days are few and far between so if nothing else, I always find those days to be a welcome change of pace.

As a matter of fact, we just had 4 or 5 cloudy days in a row- very unusual for here and all the more since only a smattering of rain accompanied the clouds.

And.....it's all what you get used to- as much as I enjoy a cloudy and rainy day from time to time, the last several days was getting to be a bit much.

It was lovely to wake up this morning to a beautiful sun-kissed Florida day!

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#592418 Jan 23, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are anti sex?
UH NO, i am Anti-immoral.
meaning if you have to PAY for sex, then you are in sad shape.
Yep

Winchester, KY

#592419 Jan 23, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Boot camp was a blast, A-school was a learning experience, and I miss being underway.
The first year was fun and exciting.
The next three years were nothing to be proud of.
We didn't do anything 'cept waste millions of gallons of diesel cruising around the Atlantic, dumping garbage, and spewing sewage and OCW everywhere we went... for no good reason.
You're welcome.
Heard the same story from another navy man

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#592420 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>What the hell are you including ME in this for?
Don't want your personal information on Topix? Don't POST it.
And I don't need any lessons because I have no desire to stalk ANYONE, you sick loon.
Anyone who posts anything about themselves or their personal lives or their names, etc. does so at their own risk.
Don't want people to use information that YOU yourself put out here?
Then uh....don't put the info out here!
DUH.
whoa there nelly, there isn't any personal info on here about me.
and the comment was made in SARCASM.
The one you are referring to didn't post her name on here.
but like all good 'humpty-dumptys' you believe everything you are told on here, except the truth.
I don't want to hear your squalling balling lip service either.

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#592421 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That was me, nano...
I don't think there are.
OCB agreed with you on that.

I suspect you must have perfect children who never vent their frustrations on the world around them?

http://www.cdl.org/resource-library/articles/...

Many adopted kids suffer from negative emotions caused by over-reactive, older, perfectionist parents. Adoptive parents tend to have trouble bonding with, or developing a synergistic feeling towards children not genetically their own. The kids feel alienated by the lack of natural affection and "act out".

Sometimes, having "good intentions" just isn't enough.
agathodaemon

Winchester, KY

#592422 Jan 23, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
UH NO, i am Anti-immoral.
meaning if you have to PAY for sex, then you are in sad shape.
jesus is dead

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592423 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
But you have no problem with TV shows which glorify heterosexuality, huh and which are often very risque, do you?
Sorry, RR- I have known a LOT of gay people in my life; one showing restraint or not about their sexuality is not determined by if they are gay or straight.
BTW, there need not be any "we're here and we're straight" stickers since it is not heterosexuals as a group who are persecuted and discriminated against for being who and what they are.
You could apply all you say here to ANY minority and something tells me that you do sad as that is.
No, because their agenda isn't to "glorify heterosexuality".

I've known only one gay guy in my life that I'd call a "normal gay guy". He doesn't flaunt his gayness to world, he doesn't give a crap if you know what his sexual preference is. I didn't even know he was gay until my he & my wife were talking about relationships. She works with him, he's cool as can be.

Homosexuals aren't a minority, they're not a race, they're not held down by society....

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#592424 Jan 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't the one promoting prostitution and disrespect for women by taking sick men to them to be serviced...but "I'M" the "unlady-like one?!!!
Ok, maybe you should up the dosage on your meds now, you grovelling, ass kissing misogynist.
becareful when dealing with boots, he is crazier than a cockroach on raid.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#592425 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, sounds like the US government... Wasting money & resources by the ton...
Oh, my...

If you only knew!

I'd be set for at least the next few years if I could get my hands on all the 5" shell casings we tossed overboard (tons of brass, literally).
yam nahar

Winchester, KY

#592426 Jan 23, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
whoa there nelly, there isn't any personal info on here about me.
and the comment was made in SARCASM.
The one you are referring to didn't post her name on here.
but like all good 'humpty-dumptys' you believe everything you are told on here, except the truth.
I don't want to hear your squalling balling lip service either.
jesus is dead

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592427 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
A citizen who has to feed their family and themselves and who cannot find a job, that's who.
Geez.......
And back up what you claim about people getting welfare so easily. You throw out these statements without even one source or statistic to back them up.
BTW, it is NOT that those on welfare have to be LOOKING for work; it is that they HAVE to be working in order to qualify- did you not READ the information I posted for you?
You are that naive....

Dumb ass, they've got a guaranteed paycheck for 99 months - why would they look for work?

I'll tell you what type of people get a 99 month unemployment paycheck, people like my little brother, who got fired for smoking pot on the job. He takes his unemloyment check & buys more pot. What a wonderful arrangment he has...

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#592428 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Okay- my community is comprised of seven villages- it is not cookie-cutter nor is it a gated community.
Yes, we have an HOA but a very lenient one and as we are all CIVILIZED home owners, we don't WANT our grass to grow knee high like rednecks like you do.
It's called PRIDE in home ownership- something you know NOTHING about in your ugly double-wide.
between gators and sand i doubt you have to worry about mowing grass all that often down there.

LOL

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592429 Jan 23, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>OCB agreed with you on that.
I suspect you must have perfect children who never vent their frustrations on the world around them?
http://www.cdl.org/resource-library/articles/...
Many adopted kids suffer from negative emotions caused by over-reactive, older, perfectionist parents. Adoptive parents tend to have trouble bonding with, or developing a synergistic feeling towards children not genetically their own. The kids feel alienated by the lack of natural affection and "act out".
Sometimes, having "good intentions" just isn't enough.
Even though my kids are perfect, they still vent their frustrations. Why wouldn't they?

"Our thoughts and emotions can strongly affect motivation. Motivation is a drive or desire that compels us to do something.... They may think too much about personal problems and focus on the negative. In this situation, their emotions affected or caused their negative thoughts."

I agree with that. Sometimes even the terrible emotion of jealousy can spur something good - it all depends on how someone handles their emotions. Will you allow it to cause positive or negative thoughts & actions?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592430 Jan 23, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
becareful when dealing with boots, he is crazier than a cockroach on raid.
lol, and I'm sure he'll be happy to write a 4,000 character response about how his uncle worked at the Raid factory and then what his ex-wife's shoes looked like followed by what he had for dinner tomorrow.....
sint holo

Winchester, KY

#592431 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because their agenda isn't to "glorify heterosexuality".
I've known only one gay guy in my life that I'd call a "normal gay guy". He doesn't flaunt his gayness to world, he doesn't give a crap if you know what his sexual preference is. I didn't even know he was gay until my he & my wife were talking about relationships. She works with him, he's cool as can be.
Homosexuals aren't a minority, they're not a race, they're not held down by society....
iesus is deceased

this is love!
this is love
LOVE

where you been all my life?

Revelation 17:8
The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

I've been looking for you all my life

i will never let you go
NOW you're somebody that i used to know

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592432 Jan 23, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
between gators and sand i doubt you have to worry about mowing grass all that often down there.
LOL
Naw, OCB has illegal aliens mowing her yard. Why? "it's cheap"
mishi ginebig

Winchester, KY

#592433 Jan 23, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
between gators and sand i doubt you have to worry about mowing grass all that often down there.
LOL
son of mary is dead

the scapegoat got away and died in the wilderness

where have you been all my life?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#592434 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, because their agenda isn't to "glorify heterosexuality".
I've known only one gay guy in my life that I'd call a "normal gay guy". He doesn't flaunt his gayness to world, he doesn't give a crap if you know what his sexual preference is. I didn't even know he was gay until my he & my wife were talking about relationships. She works with him, he's cool as can be.
Homosexuals aren't a minority, they're not a race, they're not held down by society....
LOL! Sure it is! Why do think there is so much sexual reference on TV shows- they most certainly ARE glorifying heterosexuality and it's been long known that "sex sells"!!

One need not be a race to be a minority- OMG.

And any form of discrimination does in fact cause people to be "held down" by society.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#592435 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are that naive....
Dumb ass, they've got a guaranteed paycheck for 99 months - why would they look for work?
I'll tell you what type of people get a 99 month unemployment paycheck, people like my little brother, who got fired for smoking pot on the job. He takes his unemloyment check & buys more pot. What a wonderful arrangment he has...
STFU, you "charitable" Christian.

Your brother is no more representative of the masses at large than YOU are, RR.

BTW, here in Florida, unemployment is not at ALL guaranteed if the person cannot provide proof that they are seeking employment, and here in Florida, the Unemployment Offices actually check up on the places that those receiving benefits list as places they have looked for work.

I would imagine that Florida is not the only state now taking a more proactive stance in checking up on/confirming what receivers of benefits tell them.

And sorry, bub- but here in Florida, the maximum benefit one can receive is $275/week which the majority of people here can NOT live on and I've known several people here who lost their jobs and couldn't find a new one fast enough in order to be able to actually make ends meet- here in Florida,$275/week doesn't cut it.

You use ONE example- your brother- as the "type of people" who are on unemployment?

Wow- you need to get out more, RR.

And since you say you have carte blanche with your boss to play on the computer all day long, you might want to use some of that time to at least attempt to back up the sh*t you talk- not that you can, but you can at least try.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#592436 Jan 23, 2013
of course there is a god, but the real question would be "what is god?"
if god is Love, that universal feeling that connects us all, then prove of god would merely be proof of love.
to know god, is to know love.
to feel love, is to know god and know god exists.
if you can feel love in your heart, you know god and you know god is real.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Regina 568,047
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min Just Think 120,712
Scientific proof for God's existence 29 min PELE78 559
My video 31 min AyoubTab 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min RiccardoFire 267,408
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 54 min lil whispers 607,191
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 442,015
More from around the web