Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#592253 Jan 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Aflac duck is injured, haven't you seem the commercials?
Yes, here's a picture of his county hospital tag;

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php...

He gets over 4000 get well cards a day;

https://www.facebook.com/aflacduck/app_103502...

Is Ben Aflac related?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#592254 Jan 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. That you'd love it if people like me would quietly go away and let people like you make all the rules.
Close?
Go away?

Heck no, you are as entitled as anyone to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

As for the rules, you have one vote, and I have one vote.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#592255 Jan 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And look, no one died.
I bet the gun manufacturer is gonna be pissed when they find out the gun wasn't used to specs.....

The ufo wasn't really flying ... it just sorta laid there.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#592256 Jan 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, of course. I realize that.
But I also realize that this whole "global warming" & "go green" crap are political motivators & money makers. Nothing more.
Like the $800 million Obama gave to his solar company buddies that have ALL gone out of business.
Strange...
What *isn't* a political motivator and money maker (these days)?

The things you mention are not "nothing more" than that... the green movement has merit... though I'll agree with you that many use to guilt the public into shelling out dollars.

---

Bump heads with BIG OIL and one shouldn't be surprised about going outta business.

---

IMO...

A substantial part of the solution doesn't require us to *start* doing anything.

It's what we need to stop doing >>> Wasting every freggin thing we can lay our hands on in the name of the economy.

Producing waste is one thing America *is* exceptional at.

Conservation is the key. We're not gonna hear a politician tell people that they need to start tightening their belts... that isn't what people want to hear. Politicians know that.

Do you think some multinational corporation (or any corporation) is going to operate any differently when it comes to their bottom line?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592257 Jan 22, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I haven't SEEM the commercials!
When is the duck gonna get better? Is it in hospital?
I don't know. The commercial I SEEM said to go to Aflac.com & find out. I haven't yet.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592258 Jan 22, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, here's a picture of his county hospital tag;
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php...
He gets over 4000 get well cards a day;
https://www.facebook.com/aflacduck/app_103502...
Is Ben Aflac related?
Me no have Facebook so me no can see pictures.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#592259 Jan 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
No arrests were made and formal charges were not filed.
It has only been 3 weeks into 2013 and ALREADY this is the 5th school shooting so far this year.

This time at least three people were hospitalized.

You're just another terrorist that doesn't care.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592260 Jan 22, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Go away?
Heck no, you are as entitled as anyone to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Then why do your people fight tooth and nail to remove that right from me?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#592261 Jan 22, 2013
Clementia wrote:
No, I haven't SEEM the commercials!
LOL.... good catch..

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#592262 Jan 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
They do?
Damn the French.
Never such a thing as a French very very sorry!
Lol, what do they say about us?
Generally-speaking they think Americans are uptight moral hypocrites. They also find them a bit childish, babbling to strangers about themselves and asking intrusive questions, and smiling all the time for no apparent reason. The French tend to be more formal and serious, and it takes a while for them to warm up to people. On the other hand, the French seem to still think they are the cultural center of the universe, when in fact they have basically been resting on their laurels since the turn of the 20th century.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#592263 Jan 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Are you faking your faith or admitting you have none?
Make up your mind.
No, I'm asking you how one can force faith. If I'm supposedly damned unless I have (blind) faith in Jesus, how am I supposed to force faith in Jesus to save myself?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#592264 Jan 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA!
Have you mastered any skills in construction?
It's not as easy as people think. It's a lot more than reading a tale measure and swinging a hammer. A plumber, a real plumber, needs to be an apprentice for a minimum of 5 years just to get a license. Same goes for real masons & electricians.
<quoted text>
You are wrong. And a sissy.
Most Americans enjoy a hard days work, we just can't do it for an illegals pay grade.
<quoted text>
Why did she get hired? Because she was "at least as proficient" as you?
Nope, she got it because she was a lack woman & the company was forced to hire her instead of you.
<quoted text>
But she was less competent than you to begin with. What's fair in then being forced to hire a person solely on their gender & race?
Wow... gotchya all riled up!

Jeezus Christ on a cracker... Calm down!

Yes, I've worked on a few construction sites.

Yes, I've mastered a skill or two.

No, I'm not wrong. Eliminating work is the name of the game in America. It's why things like backhoes get invented... so that one man can do in an hour what 100 used to do in a day.

You didn't even read that last bit (didn't comprehend it).

If affirmative action is in effect, and two potential employees are of equal skill... why shouldn't the company hire the candidate that helps them meet a quota?

If anyone's a sissy here... it's YOU my friend... not me.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592265 Jan 22, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
What *isn't* a political motivator and money maker (these days)?
The things you mention are not "nothing more" than that... the green movement has merit... though I'll agree with you that many use to guilt the public into shelling out dollars.
---
Bump heads with BIG OIL and one shouldn't be surprised about going outta business.
---
IMO...
A substantial part of the solution doesn't require us to *start* doing anything.
It's what we need to stop doing >>> Wasting every freggin thing we can lay our hands on in the name of the economy.
Producing waste is one thing America *is* exceptional at.
Conservation is the key. We're not gonna hear a politician tell people that they need to start tightening their belts... that isn't what people want to hear. Politicians know that.
Do you think some multinational corporation (or any corporation) is going to operate any differently when it comes to their bottom line?
I agree with you. Conservation is the key to a healthy environment for our kids & grand kids.

So I find it highly amusing watching some liberal but on TV bitching about smoking while drinking water from a plastic bottle. Plastic bottles should NOT be illegal, they just shouldn't be bought. Or if they are bought, people need to be responsible enough to recycle them.

Ever see how much waste the liberals left at the 1st Obama inauguration? 100 tons of trash just left on the friggin ground.

And the "occupy LA" nuts? They even left piss & shit on the ground....

Or seeing all the waste lining the shelves of every grocery store (cans, paper, plastic, etc). There's more waste in a TV dinner than there is food.

I see our waste as a sign if our being spoiled for too long.

No, I think giant corporations will not do much to lower their profit. But Americans need to understand that we ARE their profit. Without us buying their goods and/or services, they wouldn't be giant corporations.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#592266 Jan 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why do your people fight tooth and nail to remove that right from me?
teefys?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#592267 Jan 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Then why do your people fight tooth and nail to remove that right from me?
Because your rights are more important than anyone elses...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592268 Jan 22, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Generally-speaking they think Americans are uptight moral hypocrites. They also find them a bit childish, babbling to strangers about themselves and asking intrusive questions, and smiling all the time for no apparent reason. The French tend to be more formal and serious, and it takes a while for them to warm up to people. On the other hand, the French seem to still think they are the cultural center of the universe, when in fact they have basically been resting on their laurels since the turn of the 20th century.
Strange that they think if us so much.

You know what I think about the French?

Statue of Liberty.
Fries.
Kissing.

That's pretty much it.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592269 Jan 22, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm asking you how one can force faith. If I'm supposedly damned unless I have (blind) faith in Jesus, how am I supposed to force faith in Jesus to save myself?
You can't.

You can fool a person into thinking you live them, but you can't fool God.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#592270 Jan 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I know competition in pricing is a good thing. But when people hire illegals and don't have the overhead they're supposed to have, they can illegally underbid.
You'd defend that?
"The overhead they're supposed to have"

That's capitalism for ya.

Once again... blame it on the people that hire the "illegals" >>> Americans!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592271 Jan 22, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
Wow... gotchya all riled up!
Jeezus Christ on a cracker... Calm down!
OK!

Sorry!
Yes, I've worked on a few construction sites.
Yes, I've mastered a skill or two.
Like what?
No, I'm not wrong. Eliminating work is the name of the game in America. It's why things like backhoes get invented... so that one man can do in an hour what 100 used to do in a day.
You didn't even read that last bit (didn't comprehend it).
I read & understood it. But we weren't talking about backhoes, we were talking about illegal people taking legal people's jobs for less pay and the companies/people that hire them.

Which is hard for me to understand. When I was in construction, I hired & fired many people. I could've easily hired illegals at half the pay of my legal guys. Just pay them cash & no one knows. But my American pride stopped me from doing or even considering it.
If affirmative action is in effect, and two potential employees are of equal skill... why shouldn't the company hire the candidate that helps them meet a quota?
Because they shouldn't even have a quota to begin with.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592273 Jan 22, 2013
Mylan wrote:
Because your rights are more important than anyone elses...
No, that's the liberal agenda. They think they're rights are best.

Liberal - Do it my way, because I know what's best for us all, I don't care if you don't like it.

Conservative - I don't care how you do it, just don't tell me how to do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Appjoy invite code (Apr '14) 21 min Ole 111
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 37 min Ratloder 118,675
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 230,117
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr atemcowboy 548,926
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 96,139
Heather Geier 1 hr YOUR PATHEDIC 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr AussieBobby 261,718
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Brother James 602,277
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 2 hr shanu 1,073

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE