Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#592633 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yet again, you are trying to make nationality and ethnicity mean one and the same thing.
A person born in the USA whose ancestors come from Greece can rightly refer to themselves as a Greek-American.
Greek would indicate their heritage/roots/background while American would indicate the country in which they were born.
Why limit it to just the Greek part of the ancestry?

What about the ancestors ancestors? They don't matter to you?

Just admit it, you hate the term "American"...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#592634 Jan 23, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a thought...
Tylenol kills more people than marijuana.
Indeed- as does alcohol kill more people than does marijuana.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#592635 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you'd have to ask RR, but I don't think so, but he has also claimed that Native Americans are not Native Americans since they had to first come from someplace else as well.....
What I see as the issue on this with RR is his inability to accept that there is a marked difference between nationality and heritage/ethnicity.
Also, he seems to think it makes him a TRULY good American to proclaim that he is nothing other than 100% American.
<shrug>
Then I guess RR consideres himself Ethiopian since that is where the oldest humanoid remains have been found!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592636 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Damn it- I already posted you one story of a woman desperate to find work.
Shut UP. You are an IDIOT.
Oh ya, oops. "A" woman....

lol

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592637 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.... Was IS a "drug" and what is CALLED a "drug" is different.
"I have a headache, I need to take a drug".
"I'm going to the smoke shop to buy a carton of drugs."
eeejit
YOU are the idiot. How one says it doesn't change the fact that when one buys cigarettes they ARE buying a drug.

When one has a headache and takes an aspirin for it, or Tylenol or Aleve or whatever OTC DRUG they might like, they ARE taking a DRUG.

What is WRONG with you???

You think that because we call cigarettes cigarettes that means they are not a drug?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592638 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
no, no, no...
It'd have to be an Egyptian-Greek-Italian-America n...
Unless you factor in that the great-great-great grandparents are half from Greece & half from Poland.
Or if you factor in that the Egyptian ancestors are only on the mother's side...
You're being more ridiculous than ever now, RR.

Just let it go. I knew long before today that you aren't capable of grasping or discerning the difference between nationality and heritage/ethnicity.

If someone asks me what I am in terms of nationality, I tell them I am American. If they want to know about my ancestry, I tell them that my heritage is that of Russian, English and Romanian and this despite that on my mother's side, both of her parents were born here.

Not as big a deal as you are making it out to be, RR.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#592639 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, bucko. You're wrong.
I never said "cigarettes do't contain a drug".
Don't let your ego get in the way of admitting an error.
<shakes head>

You're too much, RR.

I said they contain a drug and you disagreed with me... multiple times.

You use drugs!

Deal with it!

Or don't.

I don't give a flying fugg!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#592640 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh ya, oops. "A" woman....
lol
There were NUMEROUS stories in the link I provided.

For like the UMPTEENTH time, do the research for yourself.

And try to do so before you shoot off that ignorant mouth of yours.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#592641 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the time you rant & rave about how black are criminals because they're black.
Rememer your "Imagine what Haiti would be like if it was all white?" remark?
You're a racist & a bigot. You have no right to be talking about equality for gays while at the same time denegrating blacks.
Racial differences in crime and violence rates are very real and can be backed up by plenty of data and to deny this makes you the bigot. I don't denigrate blacks if what I am saying is true. I am simply stating facts. If blacks find their own behavior embarrassing then they need to do something about it.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592642 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Why???
Because NATIONALITY has one meaning and HERITAGE/ETHNICITY has another meaning, that's why.
Why don't we refer to a circle as a fig tree? Because they are two separate and distinct things, that's why.
Go write your own dictionary, RR.
While the USA does indeed have culture and traditions, that doesn't change the fact that the heritage of the majority of people in the USA is not that of the USA.
So "HERITAGE/ETHNICITY" has one meaning? Dummy.

Are you implying that a person's heritage, ethnicity and nationality HAVE TO BE different?

What about that ole Italian we're talking about? You're acting like his heritage, ethnicity and nationality are ALL Italian...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#592643 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed- as does alcohol kill more people than does marijuana.
Got a couple of hours to spare?...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#592644 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
And some people like being a redneck.
And some people like being retarded. And some people like being violent. And some people like being meth users. What's your point?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592645 Jan 23, 2013
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Speak for your sorry-ass sinful self, RR.
I ain't no saint, but I sure as hell am no sinner, either.
What I am is IMPERFECT- as ALL human beings are- including your sons who you earlier claimed are "perfect".
And sorry bub- but imperfection is NOT a sin; simply the nature of the beast and a part of who and what we are.
ummm.... What part of "I believe" doesn't seem to you like I'm speaking for myself?

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#592646 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why do you people accept laziness
Probably for the same reason that people like you accept staying ignorant. Weird.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592647 Jan 23, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
<sigh>
Now you wanna get specific!
Fugg off!
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...
You'er still reaching..

In that post, I wrote:

"You're reaching...

I drink fermented barley & hops. Not a drug.

I smoke a plant that doesn't have mind-altering effects. Not a drug."

But hey, if you wanna call cigarettes a drug, that's all you. One just wonders if you call Tums a drug, too...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#592648 Jan 23, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
It is what it is and it is a very immature, contradictory, absurd ignorant and just plain foolish story.
Like I said, you need to dumb it down for yourself, that's OK...

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#592649 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it's true. I believe God exists. I believe Jesus died for our sins & I believe in heaven.
So?
So, if your belief is founded upon cultural familiarity, it's just as likely you'd be sacrificing to Zeus or praying toward Mecca if you'd been born in a different time or place.

Which begs the question, is believing in something that is probably not true harmless?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#592650 Jan 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It would take crazy on a scale I don't want to imagine, to have socks from different countries.
far more difficult to have unique, and cosistent, writting (prose) styles for each sock

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#592651 Jan 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You'er still reaching..
In that post, I wrote:
"You're reaching...
I drink fermented barley & hops. Not a drug.
I smoke a plant that doesn't have mind-altering effects. Not a drug."
But hey, if you wanna call cigarettes a drug, that's all you. One just wonders if you call Tums a drug, too...
Cigarettes contain nicotine.

Nicotine is a drug.

You smoke cigarettes.

You use drugs.

End of story.
berserker

Lodi, CA

#592652 Jan 23, 2013
Certainly one would run into trouble prooving there is a god if all you got to go by is the corrupt western ideology about god. In the ancient past aliens were mistaken for (gods) We cannot even measure nor see over half the energy and matter in the universe, hence the name (dark matter and dark energy. If the ranting and raving imbicile that started this post bothered to do ANY research before he clearly showed to all what a moron he is, then he would know things like many scientists despite their own dogmatic narrow view reluctantly agree that there could indeed be a (god) not to mean a christain god or allah or what ever just some form of a creator, like the universal mind stated by Edgar Cayce the sleeping profit. Also the sound theory with many hard facts to back it up is called the holographic universe and in this theory it indicates that there must be something constantly creating. Read the theory moron if you have reading ability more than a dick and Jane level.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min Catcher1 71,002
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min New Age Spiritual... 658,836
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 4 min Diamonds5505 782
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 7 min Dee Dee Dee 232
Poll Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 8 min Cupcake4854 159
What types of businesses does florida need? 13 min Lovey794 3
Looking for Long Term Bisexual Partner 17 min Girly8906 3
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 59 min crucifiedguy 5,033
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 283,001
More from around the web