|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd also be embarrased and hide my location if I were this dumb.
And yet, you feel no need to do so for the posts you've made.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Heretic wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor should I. Political correctness does not have its teeth sunk into me. I look at all subjects from the same rational stance, keeping both my emotions and political correctness out of the equation.

By far, the two topics that people have the hardest time facing honestly are religion and race.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Hogwash, it has more to do with the amount of people per square mile. The less concentration the less crime.
Put a bunch of people together, it wont matter where, the more crime you will have.
Just a though and you may be correct, then again my comment may also have something to do with it

Some African countries are very sparely populated and yet atrocities abound so you are not stating a hard and fast rule

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't make the law without congress.
Yes – and?

You were making claims for a law that does not (at least yet) exist, will you not allow me the same privilege? Or are you harking back to freedom of speech the way you want it?

As it happens it was a generalisation to describe the independent attitude of states

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Zactly!
RR bitches about health care reform, immigration, welfare, his female bosses, and whatever else... while ignoring the fact that he and others like him are part of the problem with this country >>> They're a bunch of lazy lollygaggers who expect to get paid a day's wage for an hour's effort.
I've called him out on it before. It's theft... plain and simple.
If what he says is true and his employers know and are okay with it, then he's on a perverted form of welfare himself... he just refuses to acknowledge it.
LMAO! Jealous? I have a great employer.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Nope- not lying at all. I'm not frustrated either- at least no more than anyone else who is here and who is talking to MORONS like you are, and I am certainly no more pissy than those here who are pissy.
You told me just today like at least a half a dozen times:
F_ck you.
That makes YOU pissy, you PISSANT- not me.......
You know what we hear from you?

blah blah blah BITCH blah blah blah BITCH blah blah blah blah MORE BITCHING blah blah blah

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Are you nuts? I ALWAYS wash my own car and my man washes HIS own car as well- and yes- we both use biodegradable soap.
Where do you get the moronic notion that liberals don't wash their own cars and why would a person's political views have anything to do with car washing?
You're totally out to lunch, RR- even when you ARE "working" at being on Topix all day, that is.
Because liberals are generally lazy, federally subsidized asses.

It's shocking to hear that done if you actually wash your own car.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, if they do not present the evidence that leads them to their claim, you should be highly skeptical of what they say. Follow the evidence, if the evidence supports the majority then the majority can be correct sometimes. But that's the difference between science and ... well ... everything else. Scientific claims are made based on the evidence, and when the majority test that evidence and come to the same conclusions it's more likely that they are correct. When any claim is not based on solid evidence that everyone else can test, then that claim should be considered incorrect by default.
Very good. Then Persingers God Helmet is junk science. Because nobody else agrees with his experiments.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I couldn't initially respond to that, because I frankly don't follow the guy; never was much for the popular entertainers of any period. However, if you do a bit of research, I think you will find that not only are you a little confused, but you don't have a clue what you are talking about. It appears, in such a short read, that he is one of the most popular stars of our time if not of all time.
Of course, Canada's Shania Twain, and Celine Dion are both out too, so I have heard.:)
My father-in-law of about 25 years (he died at 70, 6 years before my wife and I split) was raised 25 kms from where Bieber was raised. I used to drive through his town often, when I lived where I lived before I moved to the Niagara area of Ontario. He is from Stratford, Ontario, which is our Shakespeare theatre city.
Funny how they didn't excel in Canada, huh?

Yes, Shania's out, unfortunately.

Dion, I haven't a clue.

Beiber's one of those flash-in-the-pan kiddie pop stars that's on his way out already.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHA!
All you damn Brits jumped my ass for writing "aluminum"....
It's YOU that hates how Americans have changed the English language.
Oh sorry, did I jump you a$$ for writing aluminum. I think not, I was showing Pat how stupid he was being for criticising my spelling of ‘licence’. However what you fail to understand is that most Brits see the English language as a living evolving language.

What we do object to is fools complaining about English spelling when they have absolutely no inkling of the fact that the spelling SHOULD be different

Right, here’s one, I have dyslexia, guess who are the ones pulling me up for my misspelled words? Correct, Americans, not Canadians, not Australians, not south Africans but Americans, it’s as though they get confused unless the word is exactly as they were taught in school.

Honey there are almost as many versions of English as there are versions of the babble, just have a look at your spell checker settings. All with differences, who’s complaining, only the Americans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>(Laughter) Well, if not a "physical appearence" then what is the "image of god"? An animal? A thing? A planet? A star?
It has to be an image of something, otherwise there's nothing to be seen! The image is blank blackness!
I already answered that, go back and read some more.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>He learned a lot after the repubes stone walled him. He won't let that happen again. Should be a great 4 years - then Hillary! Whoo-hoo!!
Hillary?!?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Heretic wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the race deniers of today the same way I do the religious uproar over the publication of Darwin's The Origin of Species in the 19th century. People do not like it when their cherished world view gets raped by a brutal gang of facts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>
What? I think you know what I meant, but in any case, I meant free to the people.
Forced to pay extra taxes is not free to the people.

The only people that will enjoy free Obamacare are the jobless, federally subsidized, lazy asses.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sorry, did I jump you a$$ for writing aluminum. I think not, I was showing Pat how stupid he was being for criticising my spelling of ‘licence’. However what you fail to understand is that most Brits see the English language as a living evolving language.
What we do object to is fools complaining about English spelling when they have absolutely no inkling of the fact that the spelling SHOULD be different
Right, here’s one, I have dyslexia, guess who are the ones pulling me up for my misspelled words? Correct, Americans, not Canadians, not Australians, not south Africans but Americans, it’s as though they get confused unless the word is exactly as they were taught in school.
Honey there are almost as many versions of English as there are versions of the babble, just have a look at your spell checker settings. All with differences, who’s complaining, only the Americans.
No....... There are different versions?

Lol, pat yourself on the back for telling me something I already know.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
correlates inversely with education
the education system in the US is almost non-functional
To a large degree I believe you are correct, but it does depend on the location

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hang on, there's a Pratchett quote...
...found it.
“A European says:'I can't understand this, what's wrong with me?' An American says:'I can't understand this, what's wrong with him?'
I make no suggestion that one side or other is right, but observation over many years leads me to believe it is true.”
&#8213; Terry Pratchett
Read that, yes and although it does not explain it, it does tell us a lot

You will have had some expedience of this do you find it holds true?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt very much your system is active during the day when you are home. It is worthless in a home invasion.
Wrong again. An alarm system is certainly a psychological deterrent.

And if someone invades my home, unless I had a gun next to me at all times and loaded and ready to fire- including when using the bathroom and when putting a load of laundry in- not only would my gun be useless, it could very well be used against me.

In addition:

"Every 15 seconds, a home is burglarized somewhere in the United States. Most of those burglaries occur during the daytime hours when the homeowner is at work. A home security system offers many benefits for today’s homeowner. Most homeowners, however, don’t realize their need for a home alarm system until after they are the victim of a robbery. After that, the chances of getting robbed again drop drastically. That’s why it’s important to get a security system in your home before you are a victim.

******A quality security system in the home does, in fact, deter crime.******

Studies have shown a strong correlation between burglar alarms and the rate of crime in various areas. One such study – conducted by the Alarm Industry Research Educational Foundation – showed a decrease in burglaries by about 40 percent over the course of five years. Some people have tried to spread misinformation about burglar alarms, though.

One such piece of misinformation is that a home security system increases robberies for neighbors of homes that have them installed. However, this is simply not true. Even the neighbors of homes that have a security system installed benefit from the alarm system, according to various studies."

http://www.earticles.us/does-a-home-security-...

And you know what you need to learn to do, Pat? That would be to stop stating your opinions as if they are hard and fast cut and dried facts.

They are not- and that IS a fact.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Forced to pay extra taxes is not free to the people.
The only people that will enjoy free Obamacare are the jobless, federally subsidized, lazy asses.
Whine.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Judging from Myths posts they have no conscience. They feel that their rights are more important than anyone else's.
NRA = Not Really American.
The unalienable rights – with amendments, it’s actually change to the unalienable rights that gives them the right, and to be true there are not many who see the hilarity of this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

265 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 min Shyam 446
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Oxbow 533,731
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 18 min sunny 0569470225 38
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 34 min Krackerjacks 115,659
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 39 min Hidingfromyou 93,873
GMO foods and you! 43 min Hidingfromyou 13
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Catcher1 224,702
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr 911 A and E 257,052
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr Megamegan 87
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••