socci

El Dorado Springs, MO

#591803 Jan 21, 2013
youtube wrote:
666 .... "guessing-game" ENDS HERE ---(ID'd)
v=Uea9gMVxzU0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicarius_Filii_D...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#591804 Jan 21, 2013
MISTAKING EFFECT FOR THE CAUSE:

"Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of Nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve."

Max Planck

COMMENTS:

A law of nature is an immutable causal mechanism that under a given set of narrow conditions always throws up the same effect or effects. Gravitation, magnetism, electricity, heat, sound, light, sentience and other phenomena A study of effects misleads one into mistaking them for causes and in this way science has progressed - by making an inferential study of effects and an ability via technology of tapping into effects - while the deeper causal mechanisms and the thatness of an event remain out of its reach and this is reflected in its inability to answer fundamental questions on origins.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#591805 Jan 21, 2013
The methods of acquiring knowledge range from the mere inferential to the deepest identification in consciousness of the subject with the object.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#591806 Jan 21, 2013
As the investigation for the real laws of nature widens and deepens, we see that we begin redefining the meaning of a law and come to understand that what we previously thought of as laws are actually ripples or mere surface effects of deeper causal mechanisms.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#591807 Jan 21, 2013
Knowledge is nothing but the finding of unity in variety - a move from the particular to the general.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#591808 Jan 21, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO'S THE LITTLE MAN? TELL ME RIVER, GIRL TO GIRL!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#591809 Jan 21, 2013
Sumar i Sogn wrote:
Prove there isn't God.
Prove that Zeus does not exist.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#591810 Jan 21, 2013
JOEL wrote:
As the investigation for the real laws of nature widens and deepens, we see that we begin redefining the meaning of a law and come to understand that what we previously thought of as laws are actually ripples or mere surface effects of deeper causal mechanisms.
Curiouser and curiouser...

Sharkey

Reno, NV

#591811 Jan 21, 2013
socci wrote:
<quoted text>
The Marxist who go around always railing on 'religion' killed more since 1789 than all the religions combined. There's only a couple of violent religions including Yours. Freedom of Conscience is fundamental to all freedom.
This is another big lie you religionists use to justify your existance. You participate in passive-agression, waiting for your "god" to kill those nonbelievers for you. You use your "god" as a weapon of hatred and division.
When you kill in the name of religion, it is just as wrong and people are just as dead.
"Freedom of Consience" is not true freedom if it is tied to a religion. That exists DESPITE religion mucking it up.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#591813 Jan 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Perhaps "God's image" has nothing to do with physical appearance....
(Laughter) Well, if not a "physical appearence" then what is the "image of god"? An animal? A thing? A planet? A star?
It has to be an image of something, otherwise there's nothing to be seen! The image is blank blackness!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#591817 Jan 21, 2013
Sharkey wrote:
I don't get why humans want to KILL and DIE over STORIES.
Some people are not evolved and they react before they reason. In some countries they even kill over stupid sports games. They are just modern neanderthals.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#591818 Jan 21, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Some people are not evolved and they react before they reason. In some countries they even kill over stupid sports games. They are just modern neanderthals.
Changing the subject, but very timely.

Obama's second inaugural address was masterful. Iconic.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#591819 Jan 21, 2013
MARCH OF EVOLUTION - FROM MAN TO THE SUPRAMENTAL BEING:

After man - the mental being - who?

Who, after man? The supramental being that'll be based on the unified and gnostic supramental grade of consciousness-energy who will in principle emerge in and through the mental being via an act of evolution from a state of involution and transform the mental being, man, into the next species, the supramental being, in physical and functional ways and more.....
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#591820 Jan 21, 2013
After the supramental being, who?

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#591822 Jan 21, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Some people are not evolved and they react before they reason. In some countries they even kill over stupid sports games. They are just modern neanderthals.

War over football ? Why not!

http://militaryhistory.about.com/od/battleswa...

We won! we won!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#591825 Jan 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
Obama's second inaugural address was masterful. Iconic.
He learned a lot after the repubes stone walled him. He won't let that happen again. Should be a great 4 years - then Hillary! Whoo-hoo!!

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#591831 Jan 21, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>He learned a lot after the repubes stone walled him. He won't let that happen again. Should be a great 4 years - then Hillary! Whoo-hoo!!
Obama found the way to wake people up.

And now he's on a roll.

“How You Treat Me”

Since: May 10

Determines How I Treat You

#591832 Jan 21, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>Well tell your 'mother' to stop farting so much. It's ruining the Earths environment.
http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/clim...
I'm doing my part to stop bovine flatulence by eating the cows. Man, I love a good steak...

“How You Treat Me”

#591833 Jan 21, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all.
We worked hard and won in the ballot box.
That's democracy, dude.
OK, off to wash my car.
It was probably the illegal alien votes that put Obama over the top.

Sorry, il mio amico, but I'm afraid we're gonna disagree on Obama.

One Big Assed Mistake, America.

“How You Treat Me”

#591834 Jan 21, 2013
Sumar i Sogn wrote:
Prove there isn't God.
Prove there aren't any leprechauns.

By the way; the "prove there isn't a god" thread is next door. It's "Being Hit On The Head" lessons in here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 8 min LightForce 221,802
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min set free in truth 3,302
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 20 min Classic 2,258
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 23 min Jac 442,808
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 29 min June VanDerMark 583,944
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 43 min RiccardoFire 98,966
Israel End is Near 1 hr Someone 61
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr waaasssuuup 611,838
More from around the web