Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Mylan wrote:
You probably don't know very much about that time in history. There's a VERY good reason why gun owners and slave owners have a lot in common. The second amendment was written to protect slave owners and the terms "militias" and "slave patrols," were interchangeable and one and the same back then.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave_patrol
It is well known that the south was fearful that slavery would be outlawed if the north gave slaves the right to join the military and fight for the country.
"Their main concern was that Article 1, Section 8 of the newly-proposed Constitution, which gave the federal government the power to raise and supervise a militia, could also allow that federal militia to subsume their state militias and change them from slavery-enforcing institutions into something that could even, one day, free the slaves.
This was not an imagined threat. Famously, 12 years earlier, during the lead-up to the Revolutionary War, Lord Dunsmore offered freedom to slaves who could escape and join his forces. "Liberty to Slaves" was stitched onto their jacket pocket flaps. During the War, British General Henry Clinton extended the practice in 1779. And numerous freed slaves served in General Washington's army.
Thus, southern legislators and plantation owners lived not just in fear of their own slaves rebelling, but also in fear that their slaves could be emancipated through military service."
Most people don't know this about the second amendment, but they will soon enough, and we'll see how that puts a more accurate light on the topic.
Cue the gun freak whining....
Am I to believe now that you know about that time in history because you can google?

Besides, the south wanting to keep slavery legal is not an anti-gun argument.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Your opinion that 95% of Catholics are bad people.
History has proven and recorded that they are bad people. Need a few examples to refresh your memory? LoL...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine was done when I was 1, I don't remember any pain.
Doesn't mean you didn't feel any.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I read too much; thats why I have come to the conclusion that nobody really knows anything.
If I read 10 books saying a thing is one way where the authors provide empirical evidence; I can find 10 more books giving evidence and making arguments to the contrary.
Its like an argumentative essay; there is evidence both for and agaisnt all things.
It is you who must eventually choose what to believe and what is really knowledge to you.
Perhaps I should stop reading and start writing.
Wait a minute; that probably why I'm here! XD
That's because you don't know anything, you would rather choose to believe things. In knowing, you can tell the difference between
the 10+ and 10- books.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Now me knows ya's yankn' me chayn.
Aynt no way ya fellers go threw that much soap!
Do Too!...Well...a couple of 'em is 32 qt. wine cases...but jist a couple now...
Heh heh heh...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>History has proven and recorded that they are bad people. Need a few examples to refresh your memory? LoL...
Have you lowered it from 95% to "a few"?

Don't twist it around, you said 95%.

Put up or shut up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Besides, the south wanting to keep slavery legal is not an anti-gun argument.
Oh... OK.... if you say so. Say hi to your slave for me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Mylan wrote:
Doesn't mean you didn't feel any.
What's the difference? If I felt any pain, I don't remember. Since we are what our memories are, there was no pain.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
List of topics characterized as pseudoscience
Creation science belief that the origin of everything in the universe is the result of a first cause, brought about by a creator deity, and that this thesis is supported by geological, biological, and other scientific evidence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_topics_c...
Any questions?
One question.

Can you positively say that belief is false?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you lowered it from 95% to "a few"?
Don't twist it around, you said 95%.
Put up or shut up.
Try to keep up and follow along.

I said a few EXAMPLES, as in, I'm not going to sit here and document each and every travesty that religious people have made throughout history.

Focus. You can do it.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the ability tio run fast influenced by the "blind fate of genes"
.. yes. West African athletics have longer legs than European. It's a belly button deal ..
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
So the offspring of wealthy blacks suffer from prenatal issues causing their children to perform in school as well as poverty level whites? Do you have any evidence for this?
.. nope. However, peer pressure to act black is common ..
http://www.eastbayexpress.com/ebx/rich-black-...

.. black anthropology Professor John Ogbu spent decades studying how members of different ethnic groups perform academically:

"...(wealthy) black parents pay the higher taxes so their kids could graduate from (a good school), and that's where their role stops," Ogbu says ... "They believe the school system should take care of the rest. They didn't supervise their children that much. They didn't make sure their children did their homework. That's not how other ethnic groups think."
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
**SNIPPED**Why do black kids tease the other black kids who take their schooling seriously and say they are acting white? They say this because even they know that to act smart is to act white.
.. agreed. This acting out of racial identity is part of the problem ..
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>I see the complete picture and I feel genetics is the dominant factor. You may disagree. I understand from life experience that the dullards in school could never be turned into the kids in the advanced placement classes. I have seen four year olds who could read and knew things some 14 year olds would not know and I know their genius is genetic.
.. thanks for the "I feel." That's where you needed to go with this. You can think/believe/feel that genetics dominant intelligence but you cannot claim the entire scientific community agrees with you ..

.. explain why African Kelvin Doe from Sierra Leone is a genius. Genetics? Or, maybe just a curious daydreamer ??..

http://www.good.is/posts/self-taught-african-...

.. I've worked hard on this debate, educated myself. For that, I thank you. It's your turn to return the favor. Meet me in Independence, MO for the advancement of your education. Clothes are optional ..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I to believe now that you know about that time in history because you can google?
You would be wrong. I have always been very interested in our history, which is why I'm currently studying abolitionist. PBS has a great series about this running now. You should watch it and learn something new.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2274405136/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
One question.
I cam positively say there is no evidence to support the notion.
Belief is a funny thing, it requires no supportive evidence.
But that's why it's called faith. I cannot say there is no creator god for certain, what I can say is that to believe that,
you have to take the idea on faith alone.

But personally I've decided it only makes answering the question
of how we came to be more complicated. It's not logical to think
you can answer a question by adding more questions.
To me in your version of what you believe to be god,
is simply the universe itself. It makes more sense , and eliminates
the question of "if god created me, who created god".
If the universe created god then why couldn't it create me?
I see no evidence of god, but see the universe all around me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Judged:

Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. thanks for the "I feel." That's where you needed to go with this. You can think/believe/feel that genetics dominant intelligence but you cannot claim the entire scientific community agrees with you ...
Well stated.

He clearly starts with a conclusion, and then looks for anything he can to back it up. An open-minded person interested in the - truth - would not do that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Creationism? Absolutely. The same science that you use everyday has proven it false.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. yes. West African athletics have longer legs than European. It's a belly button deal ..
<quoted text>
.. nope. However, peer pressure to act black is common ..
http://www.eastbayexpress.com/ebx/rich-black-...
.. black anthropology Professor John Ogbu spent decades studying how members of different ethnic groups perform academically:
"...(wealthy) black parents pay the higher taxes so their kids could graduate from (a good school), and that's where their role stops," Ogbu says ... "They believe the school system should take care of the rest. They didn't supervise their children that much. They didn't make sure their children did their homework. That's not how other ethnic groups think."
<quoted text>
.. agreed. This acting out of racial identity is part of the problem ..
<quoted text>
.. thanks for the "I feel." That's where you needed to go with this. You can think/believe/feel that genetics dominant intelligence but you cannot claim the entire scientific community agrees with you ..
.. explain why African Kelvin Doe from Sierra Leone is a genius. Genetics? Or, maybe just a curious daydreamer ??..
http://www.good.is/posts/self-taught-african-...
.. I've worked hard on this debate, educated myself. For that, I thank you. It's your turn to return the favor. Meet me in Independence, MO for the advancement of your education. Clothes are optional ..

There is a whole philosophy behind why the western civilizations came to dominate the world, and indeed become smarter.
Excelling in sciences and advancing civilization to new heights.
But some of the reasons have been eliminated in modern society's. Still there exists differences that are unmistakable, showing
there is a difference between locations around the world.
There are many factors to understanding this and why is hard to explain.

To explain it the prevailing theory is Guns, Germs and Steel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Passing Through

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
stay on the sodomite threads where you belong.
You spend copious amounts of time in "sodomite" threads, Patricia. Is that where you belong?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
List of topics characterized as pseudoscience
Creation science belief that the origin of everything in the universe is the result of a first cause, brought about by a creator deity, and that this thesis is supported by geological, biological, and other scientific evidence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_topics_c...
Any questions?
Are you serious?

You need to understand what you are talking about before you make such nonsensical conclusions.

When man says that "God is the first cause", he is really deifying the first cause.

On one level, it is not even necessary to contemplate whether the first cause was truly a "god" as such; because the first cause demonstrated godly power by "inspiring" the emergence of the entire universe, hence the first cause is respected as a god would be.

Man is justified in deifying the first cause, regarding it as having "Godlike" potentials; for while the first cause is the first cause, it is responsible for all we have here now.

So what is it that you have a problem with: the idea that man deifies the first cause?
Sharkey

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Amish wrote:
<quoted text>
no link. just because someone harms a homosexual does not make them Christian. could be they just dont like weird people.
Christianity is the only true religion of Abraham, not Catholicism Islam or Catholic spawned pagan atheism.
Atheism is a NWO lie.
You're wrong about the NWO.
It's the Jehovah's Witnesses, a Christian organization, that wants the New World Order.
That's why they have the New World Translation of the bible.
The JW Christians are the TRUE Christian religion.
Sorry, Amish, you're an apostate who will not make it to the Paradise and the New World Order of the Jehovah's Witnesses!
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because you don't know anything, you would rather choose to believe things. In knowing, you can tell the difference between
the 10+ and 10- books.
We all choose to believe what we believe.

Do you believe that you are the person whose name is written on your birth certificate?

Who forced you to believe it?

Did anyone force you to believe that 1+1=2 or did you choose to accept that it is = 2?

What compelling evidence is there in nature that a 1 and a 1 = a 2?

You believed that 1+1=2 for your own convenience.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

405 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 4 min uIDIOTRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE 242
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min truth 533,293
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 38 min ocxz 115,484
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr The Awakener 172,516
Sudi Arabia Scientists Spreading deadly Ebola v... 1 hr yon 3
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 1 hr shyam 532
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 1 hr yon 1,577
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr WasteWater 256,838
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 12 hr SimmerExtreme 85
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••