Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Viruses adapt" is an effect, not a cause.
Evolution and the environment is their cause.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
I've never been near death, not sure why you think a NDE article has anything to do with me.
You claimed to have a "spiritual" experience. The article shows how the mind can experience those by common triggers such as brain chemistry.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Supreme commanders or chief of staff simply mean high ranking officials at the top. A chief of staff can be anythinh.
It isn't anything, it is specifically our highest ranking generals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chairman_of_the_...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Floodgates of Heaven are analogous to "windows" of Heaven.
Great, the religious mythological doublespeak begins.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Gen 8:2 "The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;"
Still doesn't answer the question, you're just supplying more of your mythology.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Malachi 3:10 "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it."
Now it is "blessing". Admit it, it means whatever you can put under that heading and say is from your mythological deity.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Windows of Heaven" it is a reference to a special direct action of God. This is supported by a similar phrase in 2 Kings 7.\
Mythology. You supply lines of mythology to support that you're quoting mythology.

Fantastic.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Windows of heaven" is a reference to an act of God, and not ordinary rain. As in Malachi 3 it does not even refer to rain at all...
Mythology.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You think in very literal terms so I know you hear floodgate, you think of a literal floodgate at a modern dam. Which has a GPS location & probably pictures online....
No, the imaginary does not have a GPS location or a picture, you can't even describe it.

Mythological entities and powers only exists on the pages the mythology they are taken from.
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>IQ is not a measure of intelligence. There are many black geniuses such as Ben Carson, Brittney Exline, Ornette Coleman, Dr. Ronald Mallet, Duke Ellington, Will Marion Cook, Wynton Marsalis, Ralph Ellison, Toni Morrison, and Romare Bearden to name a few.
IQ is not a measure of intelligence? Wahahahahahaha

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
1.086981012 km3(Is this the current water at see level?)
1.086981012 km3(Only a bit more, not too off the range if it is being compared to the previous.
If the original number is current level of water, what is the number of it? And how do the calculations work? And the earth isn't trully round. It is made of small tiny bumps put together to make the earth look round, so pi wouldn't work. And what about the water that is in our bodies that used to be in the sea? And the water in the sewers, springs and clouds?
Water, under gravity's influence, seeks its own level upon meeting resistance to downward flow (the ocean floor).

Mt. Everest peaks at 5.5 miles above current sea level.

To cover "The Whole of The Earth", water levels would need to be at least 5.5 miles above current sea level everywhere on the planet (with slight variations due to rotational/tidal effects). Everest hasn't "grown" that much since whenever it is you thing your flood took place.

Pi is used in calculations pertaining to a spheroid of any kind... be it prolate, oblate, or a true sphere (though that isn't even what you're feebly contesting).

Just how large of a collective sewer system do think man's constructed to date?

You do realize...

Very few of the people ever existing on Earth were/are as full of sh_t as you.

Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are not siding with the evidence, which makes this post of yours a lie. Correlation does not equate to causation, and that is the fallacy you are making. If you continue that same fallacy, you can say poverty causes people to have lower IQs, or you can say that having ancestors who were slaves causes lower IQs, or perhaps not owning a television causes lower IQs. Not owning a Nintendo is also a common trait among people with lower IQs, that must be the cause. People who live in big cities have lower IQs as well, so maybe it's the big cities that cause it. This is all supported by the same statistics you are basing your failed opinion on.
Blacks as a group having a lower IQ average is a fact. The reason for believing that IQ is genetic between races is because it is genetic between individuals and no other explanation has been found to account for the race differences. Science works on the principal of parsimony, the simplest answer is the one accepted unless it can be displaced by a better one. And the genetic explanation has everything going for it, while environmental explanations have been a recurring failure when put to the test. The three best documented environmental interventions, aimed at showing how enrichment can raise IQ's, have all been failures (Perry Preshool, Milwaukee Project, and Head Start). In every case, any increase in the children's ability to perform better on tests (teaching to the test) faded away as they got older. Intelligence could not be altered but followed its own genetic trajectory.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

/thing/think/

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Correction in post http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Last line should read: Mythological entities and powers only exist on the pages of the mythology they are taken from.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

The Worldwide Pattern of IQ Scores. East Asians average higher on IQ tests than Whites, both in the U. S. and in Asia, even though IQ tests were developed for use in the Euro-American culture. Around the world, the average IQ for East Asians centers around 106; for Whites, about 100; and for Blacks about 85 in the U.S. and 70 in sub-Saharan Africa.

http://www.news-medical.net/news/2005/04/26/9...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
how could GOD be the devil?
you are being silly.
Your god's killed more than your devil.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> No, the imaginary does not have a GPS location or a picture, you can't even describe it.
Maybe you missed it. I just described it.

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you missed it. I just described it.
No, you quoted pages of mythology.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
I just side with the evidence and that is not what I said. As a group they have a lower IQ average is what I said and that is a fact.
Thing about that is, defining what IQ is is itself problematic, much less testing for it.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't, either. It's been a busy day & I'm not focused here.
um...
Maybe the flux capacitor will work better when the Heisenberg compensators are fixed...
LOL! Yeah, you just need to tighten the bolt on the quantum defibrillator and everything should be good.

So anyway, being saved vs. denying the Holy Spirit...

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
IQ is not a measure of intelligence? Wahahahahahaha
It's not an accurate measure.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you quoted pages of mythology.
No I didn't. I quoted the Bible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Yeah, you just need to tighten the bolt on the quantum defibrillator and everything should be good.
So anyway, being saved vs. denying the Holy Spirit...
It's not just about denying the Holy Spirit. It's about a personal choice on whether or not you believe in God. Whether or not you truly believe that Jesus is your salvation.

People can say it all they want, that's great. But that doesn't get them a first class ticket to heaven. Even the most righteous, most honest, most law-abiding, most God fearing people still have to be judged by God. If they only outwardly live God (like Hitler), they will not reach heaven.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god's killed more than your devil.
How do you know?

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
'twas Urban Cowboy that launched Travolta...
"You're a real cowboy, aincha?"
Nope.

That was 'Welcome Back, Kotter'.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

443 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min An NFL Fan 115,036
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min Truth 532,652
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min Buck Crick 224,120
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 26 min RiccardoFire 36,505
Renedos' Place Mexican Restaurant in Odessa (Jan '11) 27 min KTT 14
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 29 min RiccardoFire 93,698
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 30 min yon 1,523
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 40 min TeluguWaad ManchWaad 4,630
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 48 min UIdiotRaceMAKEWORLDPeace 172,347
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr bbbbbb 73
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••