...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sure what the original post was in reference to as it didn't show in the reply. There has been sooo much discussed here, I just took a stab. If I am off on the wrong rope please excuse me. LOL!
No prob.

T'was about booze, butts, and bud.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The police carry guns for their own protection. If the public doesn't need to, then why does the public keep getting victimized? Stop lying you idiot.
pathetic paranoid bigot

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Sure man GR , I was just messing with you.
I puzzling thing about it is if space can be curved so far , how would we know where it was curved if we couldn't detect the source?
What I mean is simply this, If galaxies exist entirely in a curved space hole, it would explain why the edges are spinning as fast as the center. But since light follows the geodesics of space/time,
it would appear to us a straight line from out the hole and to the next galaxy.
It would solve the velocity curve problem, but how could we know?
It would also mean space is expanding because the supermassive black holes are stretching space toward each singularly.
Like tug or wars stretching the rope instead of really moving .
Except the local group which is stretching space toward which ever is the strongest singularity.
That would make your lattice full of cosmic sink holes.
Just a thought, but those supermassive black holes kinda are cosmic super sink holes anyway. Unless we could send something that didn't follow the geodesics of space/time to the edges of the galaxy, we could never know.
That's a lot of stuff ta cram in a little bag.
We know that it in fact IS expanding at the present. We know that the larger the density, the larger the deflection of fabric. We know that light travels undaunted in a straight line until it is affected by the density of an object that is enough to affect that characteristic path medium.
What is the characteristic traits of density and attraction of that massive black hole? In order to determine that we have to develop a means of measuring "faster than light". At that point we should be able to determine the vehicle of gravity, don't you think?
That accomplished, we could actually catch up with and possibly measure the actual dimension of the universe(unless it really is expanding in multiples faster and faster approaching horizon toward infinity). That could also cause curved space to appear linear(when in fact it is not).
In effect, the further one travels toward the limits, the faster one travels in actual speed without force. Remember that it would appear that you are not even moving given your relation to your local environment, but at a certain point you would appear as a speeding bullet to the base observer, and then disappear completely once past the speed of light,as no light image could return at that rate of speed. There is the missing part of the once compacted universe(maybe).
Why is the universe on a "flat" plane and not spherical as any normal dispersal of equal energy(of say singularity) would assume?
We need to know this.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

I find slightly suspicious that in Obama's gun control plan, he is going to try to use doctors to
question patients about guns so they can report it to the feds.

Patient-Hey Doc can you help me with my acid reflux?
Doc- I dunno you got any guns?
Patient-wth?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
No prob.
T'was about booze, butts, and bud.
LOL! Go ahead-hit me with the tann'n board! I wen't back an looked fer it but blew a tore.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
heheheh
National hero!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
'Was kinda avoiding that particular discussion.
I do own 3 guns... all .22 cal... one rifle, two pistols... none of them registered. They're hand-me-downs and haven't been fired since last century. They stay unloaded and outta sight, so I don't know what good they'd do me if a "need" to use them did arise (quick like, the way those situations tend to).
Anyway...
I see where both sides are coming from, but my stance on the whole gun control issue is more-or-less neutral.
I have been for the most part too. Too much emotion-not enough sense.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>I have been for the most part too. Too much emotion-not enough sense.

The strangest part of it that boggles the mind, is the staunchest gun grabber wishers are from other countries.
Another note that I caught about Obama , is he insinuated religion had something to do with it. Sorry I don't see that other than 80% of Americans are religious, but I think less than 50% of religious people actually own guns. But it showed me something.

Obama is a pretender, he pretended he was a Christian, when he was accused of being Muslim.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> If we could only git 'em ta turn the ocean int'a whisky, We could swim ta the bottom an drink our way to the top!
Jack of Diamonds, Jack of Diamonds. If the ocean was whiskey and I was a duck, I'd dive to the bottom and never come up. Whiskey rye whiskey, whiskey I cry. If I don't get Rye Whiskey I surely will die. Some versions of the lyrics are different than that, but I have had a record for a long time with that song on it.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack of Diamonds, Jack of Diamonds. If the ocean was whiskey and I was a duck, I'd dive to the bottom and never come up. Whiskey rye whiskey, whiskey I cry. If I don't get Rye Whiskey I surely will die. Some versions of the lyrics are different than that, but I have had a record for a long time with that song on it.
I wonder if a person would have to dive (swim, generally in a downward direction) to the bottom of an ocean of alcohol?

Got sumpthun to do with specific gravity, buoyancy, etc.

Alcohol's lighter than water.

A person might sink down yonder like a stone and not able to get back up!

Why bother being a duck?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The strangest part of it that boggles the mind, is the staunchest gun grabber wishers are from other countries.
Another note that I caught about Obama , is he insinuated religion had something to do with it. Sorry I don't see that other than 80% of Americans are religious, but I think less than 50% of religious people actually own guns. But it showed me something.
Obama is a pretender, he pretended he was a Christian, when he was accused of being Muslim.
If you can show me a straight politician, I'll show how ta ride through the sun without gitt'n burnt.
Remember...religion always has ta be "against" something, and any platform will do, as long as they're being in the spotlight and the aggressor.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
What the heck year was that?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if a person would have to dive (swim, generally in a downward direction) to the bottom of an ocean of alcohol?
Why bother being a duck?
25% lighter - but after 3 drinks, you could tell the difference. heheheh

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Why bother being a duck?
well now...good question...Never been fortunate enough ta try that one.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> 25% lighter - but after 3 drinks, you could tell the difference. heheheh
How 'bout beer?

TASTE GREAT!

LESS FILLING!

TASTE GREAT!

LESS...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
How 'bout beer?
TASTE GREAT!
LESS FILLING!
TASTE GREAT!
LESS...
CLEAN UP!!IN ISLE 4!!!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the clarification
What (in general) is the licensing procedure?
Pat tells us that when you but a gun then a record is sent to the local cop shop and voila you are licensed
That's actually two different issues.

The purchase of a handgun from licensed dealers requires proof and recording of ID, a record of the sale, a record of the handgun's serial number, all entered on Federal Form 4473, and separately recorded in the dealer's Bound Record Book. Copies of the 4473 are sent to the ATF, and the Bound Book is subject to ATF inspection at any time.

Permits to carry concealed firearms are issued by most of the States, and requirements vary. Most of the States issuing CCWs ("Carry permits") do mandate instruction and regular renewal. Some States don't permit it at all.
Hmmm

Tracy, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
That was mean, so why did I find it so funny. I'm going to hell, aren't I? LOL
Unnecessary attack.:(

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
'Was kinda avoiding that particular discussion.
I do own 3 guns... all .22 cal... one rifle, two pistols... none of them registered. They're hand-me-downs and haven't been fired since last century. They stay unloaded and outta sight, so I don't know what good they'd do me if a "need" to use them did arise (quick like, the way those situations tend to).
Anyway...
I see where both sides are coming from, but my stance on the whole gun control issue is more-or-less neutral.
I have, not without difficulty, abstained from the argument _qua_ argument.

I've been trying to add a little light without increasing the level of heat - there are a number of misunderstandings out there.

Hiya, Hukt.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I have, not without difficulty, abstained from the argument _qua_ argument.
I've been trying to add a little light without increasing the level of heat - there are a number of misunderstandings out there.
Hiya, Hukt.
Misunderstandings?

Downright -flat out ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 560,201 - 560,220 of680,953
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

654 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 12 min Sheilaa 109,802
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 16 min John the Revelator 250,450
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 20 min number four 217,305
Mario Sports Mix Friend Codes (Jul '11) 21 min F_with_me_u_no_I_got_it 1,145
87% of White Women have slept with Black Men (Nov '09) 22 min Doctor REALITY 1,369
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 24 min RiccardoFire 89,624
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 27 min RiccardoFire 36,117
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 43 min truth 512,363
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 3 hr Me and u 288
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Joshuas Polaris 2000 596,624
•••
•••
•••