Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#589979 Jan 17, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously. I used to be a Christian myself, but once I started really applying critical thinking to these claims I had been accepting, I saw they were BS.
Hitler did the same thing.

Location hidden

#589978 Jan 17, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>You're talking out both sides of your mouth. Why do you think they call it Federal AIR MARSHAL Service if they're not Air Marshals?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Air_Mars...
I was talking about the difference between English English & American English.

Brits have Air Marshals.
Americans have Generals.

This is not a difficult concept.
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#589980 Jan 17, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Earth is not a perfect sphere, but for the purposes of calculation it's fine to use pi for this. As for water in our bodies, springs, whatever, there is not nearly enough water from any source you could name that in sum could cover the Earth above the highest mountains. Sorry, it's just a story. And a borrowed one at that.
But the calculations of it being a pi compared with the cubic miss measures and some parts of the earth being potentially lower, evening it out making some water at least able to fully cover it could make up for it all. And why not the water in the sewers and so on not being enough? There are many clouds in the sky.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#589982 Jan 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No, you dumb f_ck.
YOU spelled "contry". Mylan corrected you to say its spelled "country".
I gotta say it, God damn you're a retard!
LOL... They're dumber than you know, I just don't correct them when they keep making the same public mistakes because it's so funny :p

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#589983 Jan 17, 2013
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
a man grows a crop of tomato's.
the earth and the seed were perfect in yielding a perfect tomato.
the man picks the tomato's letting some hit the ground, bruising them. He places them in a bucket and instead of using them right away to produce a perfect meal, he lets them sit to long and they rot.
does the man eat the rotted tomato? of course not, he throws it away.
when man's heart is 'bruised' God can elimate the bruse and save the man.
but if the mans heart is 'rotten' then God elimates it.
The problem with your parable is that you are comparing humans to God. Humans are neither omniscient nor omnipotent, yet you claim God is both. God should therefore know in advance whether a tomato or a human heart are or will become rotten or not.

Location hidden

#589981 Jan 17, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. for approximately 50+ years, white Americans have been trying to understand the frustration and anger. I think we do hence the Civil Rights Movement, Affirmative Action, Government Housing, etc ..
.. the pendulum is beginning to swing the other way. This is why the issues must be addressed honestly, openly. People like RR & Pat are now angry, frustrated, appalled at the culture of violence and lack of progress ..
Woah, hey hey hey.

I'm not angry at a lack of progress, I'm confused by it.

Location hidden

#589984 Jan 17, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Look RR, even Mylan, a wicked heathen child sees it! RR, you are weak even when compared to the weak of the weakest!
Americans do not have Air Marshals in the military....

Ugh to the nth degree.

Location hidden

#589985 Jan 17, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Look RR, even Mylan, a wicked heathen child sees it! RR, you are weak even when compared to the weak of the weakest!
You got one thing right out of a million.

Don't get cocky.

Location hidden

#589986 Jan 17, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>HUH? All people tan, its just less obvious.
I know, just never seen a black with a farmers tan...

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#589987 Jan 17, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligence is a very general mental capability that, among other things, involves the ability to reason, plan, solve problems, think abstractly, comprehend complex ideas, learn quickly and learn from experience. It is not merely book learning, a narrow academic skill, or test-taking smarts. Rather, it reflects a broader and deeper capability for comprehending our surroundings--"catching on," "making sense" of things, or "figuring out" what to do.
http://www.psychpage.com/learning/library/int...
Next excuse?
.. there are different types of intelligence ..

.. you would be considered dumb in the jungles of Borneo because you lack basic survival skills ..

.. you're forming opinions based on standardized IQ tests. How about emotional, linguistic, or spatial intelligence? Bach would probable consider you stupid regarding musical intelligence ..

.. let's face it. Blacks are street smart, they know how to survive in the inner-city jungle. Do you ??..

.. are the wisecracks really necessary ??..
Pat

Granby, CT

#589988 Jan 17, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously. I used to be a Christian myself, but once I started really applying critical thinking to these claims I had been accepting, I saw they were BS. What I don't get are people who are just determined to go through life with blinkers on. I mean, I get there are many benefits to religion, from psychological to social, but isn't honesty and truth more important? I think so anyway.
Moral sense is innate. Those of us that have it reject blind dishonest faith for we understand and appreciate the value of intellectual honesty. We also tend to value our own self esteem and living a lie robs you of that.

Location hidden

#589989 Jan 17, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
Too funny! Me? Kid?
Yes.
Mentally 12 years old.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#589990 Jan 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily. He still would've had to stand before God & God will judge him accordingly.
See, this is your confusion. You think that someone like Hitler can live a n evil life, then at some point accept Jesus & all is forgiven and forgotten.
You're wrong.
I'm not wrong. According to the Bible, the only unforgivable sin is to deny the Holy Spirit. Anything else is fine.

So let's look at it from your perspective: how much sin is enough to overcome the sacrifice of Jesus?

Location hidden

#589991 Jan 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Brits have Air Marshals.
Americans have Generals.
So then why don't they call it Federal General Service?
Pat

Granby, CT

#589992 Jan 17, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, where to begin? First off, obviously, if God made humans flawed, then God is necessarily flawed as well. Secondly, didn't God know the future? Was God surprised when everything supposedly went wrong pre-flood? If God is omniscient, then the flood was entirely unnecessary. Furthermore, post-flood things are still not to God's liking. Again, did God not see this coming? So the ham-handed fix didn't even work. Your God is a clueless bumbler, at least going by what the Bible says about it.
As for God not allowing sin to exist, well guess what? According to the Bible, it does! So I guess that's not true either, is it? So according to you and the Bible, God is neither omniscient, nor omnipotent.
Maybe god not flawed, maybe god wanted imperfect humans so he would have something he could punish. Maybe god is perfect but evil.

Location hidden

#589993 Jan 17, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>LOL... They're dumber than you know, I just don't correct them when they keep making the same public mistakes because it's so funny :p
Huh....

And here I was thinking that Lloyd Christmas was a fictional character....

" All we need to do is show a little class, a little sophistication, and we're in like a dirty shirt."

Lloyd: "The first time I set eyes on Mary Swanson, I just got that old fashioned romantic feeling where I'd do anything to bone her."

Harry: "That's a special feeling."

Location hidden

#589994 Jan 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'm confused by it.
There's an EASY joke here, but I'll let it slide since you were nice before :p

Location hidden

#589995 Jan 17, 2013
Mylan wrote:
<quoted text>So then why don't they call it Federal General Service?
Military.

Ugh

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#589996 Jan 17, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I've heard. The logistics of getting around seems to be the most challenging part of planning. I'm planning to fly or take trains as much as possible, although sometimes it's worth hiring a driver and stopping along the way too.
Flights are good for the longer distances but, as you say, traveling by car (esp. south from Delhi) provides great opportunities to see the country, towns, people, and to converse with the driver as well. I recommend doing it, at least for part of your journey. BTW, trains are not always reliable, and don't expect them to run on time. India is not very well organized....
Largelanguage

Rhyl, UK

#589997 Jan 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking about the difference between English English & American English.
Brits have Air Marshals.
Americans have Generals.
This is not a difficult concept.
No idiot.

Field Marshal: Head of the entire army.
General: Highest officer rank aside from the big Marshal.
Air Marshal: A marshal of the air, marshal of the entire air force.
Admiral: Equivalent to marshal, but instead called an admiral, head of the entire navy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Lost In Transition 602,177
Enabling Telepathic Communication With-In One Mind 11 min Infinite Force 14
Is Michelle Obama a disbarred Attorney? (Mar '09) 11 min JUSTICE SEEKERS A... 76
The REAL reason Oscar Pistorius was sent straig... 13 min Doctor REALITY 8
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Tony17 548,680
Nine Eleven 22 min Insults Are Easier 140
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 23 min Dave Nelson 230,004
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min Dr_Zorderz 261,676
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 3 hr chevyguy 127
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 10 hr MeHere 388

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE