Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#589737 Jan 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> If we could only git 'em ta turn the ocean int'a whisky, We could swim ta the bottom an drink our way to the top!
Jack of Diamonds, Jack of Diamonds. If the ocean was whiskey and I was a duck, I'd dive to the bottom and never come up. Whiskey rye whiskey, whiskey I cry. If I don't get Rye Whiskey I surely will die. Some versions of the lyrics are different than that, but I have had a record for a long time with that song on it.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#589738 Jan 16, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack of Diamonds, Jack of Diamonds. If the ocean was whiskey and I was a duck, I'd dive to the bottom and never come up. Whiskey rye whiskey, whiskey I cry. If I don't get Rye Whiskey I surely will die. Some versions of the lyrics are different than that, but I have had a record for a long time with that song on it.
I wonder if a person would have to dive (swim, generally in a downward direction) to the bottom of an ocean of alcohol?

Got sumpthun to do with specific gravity, buoyancy, etc.

Alcohol's lighter than water.

A person might sink down yonder like a stone and not able to get back up!

Why bother being a duck?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#589739 Jan 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The strangest part of it that boggles the mind, is the staunchest gun grabber wishers are from other countries.
Another note that I caught about Obama , is he insinuated religion had something to do with it. Sorry I don't see that other than 80% of Americans are religious, but I think less than 50% of religious people actually own guns. But it showed me something.
Obama is a pretender, he pretended he was a Christian, when he was accused of being Muslim.
If you can show me a straight politician, I'll show how ta ride through the sun without gitt'n burnt.
Remember...religion always has ta be "against" something, and any platform will do, as long as they're being in the spotlight and the aggressor.

Location hidden

#589740 Jan 16, 2013
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
What the heck year was that?

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#589741 Jan 16, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if a person would have to dive (swim, generally in a downward direction) to the bottom of an ocean of alcohol?
Why bother being a duck?
25% lighter - but after 3 drinks, you could tell the difference. heheheh

Location hidden

#589742 Jan 16, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Why bother being a duck?
well now...good question...Never been fortunate enough ta try that one.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#589743 Jan 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> 25% lighter - but after 3 drinks, you could tell the difference. heheheh
How 'bout beer?

TASTE GREAT!

LESS FILLING!

TASTE GREAT!

LESS...

Location hidden

#589744 Jan 16, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
How 'bout beer?
TASTE GREAT!
LESS FILLING!
TASTE GREAT!
LESS...
CLEAN UP!!IN ISLE 4!!!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#589745 Jan 16, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the clarification
What (in general) is the licensing procedure?
Pat tells us that when you but a gun then a record is sent to the local cop shop and voila you are licensed
That's actually two different issues.

The purchase of a handgun from licensed dealers requires proof and recording of ID, a record of the sale, a record of the handgun's serial number, all entered on Federal Form 4473, and separately recorded in the dealer's Bound Record Book. Copies of the 4473 are sent to the ATF, and the Bound Book is subject to ATF inspection at any time.

Permits to carry concealed firearms are issued by most of the States, and requirements vary. Most of the States issuing CCWs ("Carry permits") do mandate instruction and regular renewal. Some States don't permit it at all.
Hmmm

Los Angeles, CA

#589746 Jan 16, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
That was mean, so why did I find it so funny. I'm going to hell, aren't I? LOL
Unnecessary attack.:(

The Borderland of Sol

#589747 Jan 16, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
'Was kinda avoiding that particular discussion.
I do own 3 guns... all .22 cal... one rifle, two pistols... none of them registered. They're hand-me-downs and haven't been fired since last century. They stay unloaded and outta sight, so I don't know what good they'd do me if a "need" to use them did arise (quick like, the way those situations tend to).
Anyway...
I see where both sides are coming from, but my stance on the whole gun control issue is more-or-less neutral.
I have, not without difficulty, abstained from the argument _qua_ argument.

I've been trying to add a little light without increasing the level of heat - there are a number of misunderstandings out there.

Hiya, Hukt.

Location hidden

#589748 Jan 16, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I have, not without difficulty, abstained from the argument _qua_ argument.
I've been trying to add a little light without increasing the level of heat - there are a number of misunderstandings out there.
Hiya, Hukt.
Misunderstandings?

Downright -flat out ignorance.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#589749 Jan 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> well now...good question...Never been fortunate enough ta try that one.
I gotta boat!

We (meaning you) could try.

<a few hours later>

Hold this rope and give it a good tug or two if ya need help... otherwise, I"ll assume you're doing fine.

<pushes BT into the drink>

Location hidden

#589750 Jan 16, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I gotta boat!
We (meaning you) could try.
<a few hours later>
Hold this rope and give it a good tug or two if ya need help... otherwise, I"ll assume you're doing fine.
<pushes BT into the drink>
Hahahahah!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#589751 Jan 16, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I have, not without difficulty, abstained from the argument _qua_ argument.
Hiya, Hukt.
I'll bet.

You're an instructor, right?

My only quip with guns... and it ain't nothing but a personal gripe... and it ain't really with guns, but rather with people with guns... is that all the azzholes 'round here act like a person has no business being out in the forest during hunting season without one.

On more than one occasion, I've been *asked* to leave.

We've got some "characters" in these hills.

Guess I'm one of 'em.

Howdy, Mac!

“A witty saying proves nothing”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#589752 Jan 16, 2013
Hey all ya heathens. Just doin a drunken drive by. Here's something I thought you all might like... especially Yellodog.

“Rising”

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#589753 Jan 16, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
How 'bout beer?
TASTE GREAT!
LESS FILLING!
TASTE GREAT!
LESS...

It would be better than insidious ranting about the 2nd and why I should be allowed to own a AS-50 with a 30 round clip to go squirrel hunting with.
What can I say? I guess I just like too. heheheh

The Borderland of Sol

#589754 Jan 16, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Misunderstandings?
Downright -flat out ignorance.
Well, some of that, too.

I'm just trying to keep the record a bit straighter.

For the moment.

The Borderland of Sol

#589755 Jan 16, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet.
You're an instructor, right?
My only quip with guns... and it ain't nothing but a personal gripe... and it ain't really with guns, but rather with people with guns... is that all the azzholes 'round here act like a person has no business being out in the forest during hunting season without one.
On more than one occasion, I've been *asked* to leave.
We've got some "characters" in these hills.
Guess I'm one of 'em.
Howdy, Mac!
Hehehe.

Yah, you'll get those.

I urge blaze orange - and don't even leave the house on opening day!

In the hunters' defense, there are an awful lot of PETA-type nutters out there who'll try to disrupt hunts - there was one group in PA a few years back who wanted their members to go into the woods wearing suede jackets.

Couple of 'em were arrested for their own protection...

The Borderland of Sol

#589756 Jan 16, 2013
And I was an instructor, yes, for quite a few years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min June VanDerMark 599,358
Darren Zaremba (May '14) 7 min justthinking 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 18 min RiccardoFire 40,851
The Christian Atheist debate 24 min Lbj 1,911
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 27 min mahesh not magesh 1,836
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 48 min RiccardoFire 6,365
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 1 hr Burke Devlin 118
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Great Day of Arma... 612,891
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Charlie Sheen 272,400
More from around the web