<quoted text>
I have a calculator, so 9...
HA, got ya beat. I have 3 limbs, so 15.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#589018 Jan 15, 2013
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. you can't see a problem with certain religious sects being exempt ??..
.. either we're all Americans regardless of religion or we're not. The plan is not equal ..
I would prefer universal health care. So would President Obama.

I do see problems. But on balance, it's a start.

The goal is to wake people up to the realities.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#589019 Jan 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Til they realized that crooks an gangs were the only ones who had guns, an now the cops couldn't handle the massive kill'n that would ensue. The whole country would make the debacle in Chicago look like childsplay.
Well, again, then focus on ways to take gun out of the hands of criminals and gangs then. Saying the problem is also the solution, i.e. guns for everyone, is just a tacit surrender to said criminals. Anyway, I'd rather rely on a trained professional police force than random vigilantes.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#589020 Jan 15, 2013
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Half.
No, I think it's about three sigma now.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#589021 Jan 15, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Right. Done in secrecy on our own soil...uh huh. naive?
No. Optimistic.

“What game?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#589022 Jan 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that Jesus' southern cousin?
That's Redneck's Southern Comfort.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w64urTosKtc/UDp4Lsy...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#589023 Jan 15, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
HA, got ya beat. I have 3 limbs, so 15.
Put it that way, I have three limbs but can only count to 11 ;)

The Borderland of Sol

#589024 Jan 15, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because there is no evidence of the flood yet, doesn't mean it won't be found. And actually there is psychological evidence of Christs resurrection, and that is just for a start.
Oh, you're relying on future evidence to support current claims?

Boy, I'm glad science doesn't do that.

And, excuse me, "psychological evidence" of a resurrection?

WTF is that?

The Borderland of Sol

#589025 Jan 15, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Now its "won nation under Satan".
Now shut up lesbian piece of scum!
No, that's not it, either.

Look it up, you quarter-wit.

Since: Sep 10

Fremont, CA

#589026 Jan 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, again, then focus on ways to take gun out of the hands of criminals and gangs then. Saying the problem is also the solution, i.e. guns for everyone, is just a tacit surrender to said criminals. Anyway, I'd rather rely on a trained professional police force than random vigilantes.
nanoanomaly believes you can get this by moving to China.

She prefers the wild west, but with assault weapons.

San Francisco

#589027 Jan 15, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Redneck's Southern Comfort.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w64urTosKtc/UDp4Lsy...
Oh dear God my eyes! It burns from the inside!

Actually, Southern Comfort and cranberry juice isn't bad.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#589028 Jan 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really glad. Now, give me your gun.
;)
http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-mediu...
Pat

East Granby, CT

#589030 Jan 15, 2013
Nevertheless we have this curious spectacle: daily the trained parrot in the pulpit gravely delivers himself of these ironies, which he has acquired at second-hand and adopted without examination, to a trained congregation which accepts them without examination, and neither the speaker nor the hearer laughs at himself. It does seem as if we ought to be humble when we are at a bench-show, and not put on airs of intellectual superiority there.
-- Mark Twain, "Thoughts of God"

Man is a marvelous curiosity … he thinks he is the Creator's pet … he even believes the Creator loves him; has a passion for him; sits up nights to admire him; yes and watch over him and keep him out of trouble. He prays to him and thinks He listens. Isn't it a quaint idea.
-- Mark Twain

The Borderland of Sol

#589031 Jan 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm really glad. Now, give me your gun.
;)
I can loan you one of mine...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#589032 Jan 15, 2013
HELLO, IS THERE ANY CHEMISTS HERE? ANYONE KNOW ANY CHEMISTRY? I CAN'T FIND THE ANSWERS ON THE INTERNET, HELP, ANYONE???

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#589033 Jan 15, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I can loan you one of mine...

San Francisco

#589034 Jan 15, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
nanoanomaly believes you can get this by moving to China.
She prefers the wild west, but with assault weapons.
Yeah, but she is also an emotionally stunted idiot, so...

On the other hand, if she wants to live in a place like that, I highly recommend she move there. I can think of many third-world cities where she could live her dream.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#589035 Jan 15, 2013
wilderide wrote:
Hypogamy: marriage into a lower caste, class, or social group.
Actually I think it could be the other way around too. It's typically referred to as "marrying up". The act or practice of seeking a spouse of higher looks, socioeconomic, or status than oneself. I thought it was standard practice for American women to do this. Not sure why they would worry about it.

http://gem.greenwood.com/wse/wseDisplay.jsp...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#589036 Jan 15, 2013
ABIOGENESIS ANTEDATES EVOLUTION:

Prior to dealing with evolution, we will have to first tackle the crucial question regarding the origin of life from insentient matter - abiogenesis.

Information is useless unless it can be read.

The decoding machinery is itself encoded on the DNA.

The leading philosopher of science, Karl Popper (1902–1994), expressed the huge problem:

"What makes the origin of life and of the genetic code a disturbing riddle is this - The genetic code is without any biological function unless it is translated; that is, unless it leads to the synthesis of the proteins whose structure is laid down by the code. But, the machinery by which the cell (at least the non-primitive cell, which is the only one we know) translates the code consists of at least fifty macromolecular components which are themselves coded in the DNA. Thus the code can not be translated except by using certain products of its translation. This constitutes a baffling circle; a really vicious circle, it seems, for any attempt to form a model or theory of the genesis of the genetic code. Thus we may be faced with the possibility that the origin of life (like the origin of physics) becomes an impenetrable barrier to science, and a residue to all attempts to reduce biology to chemistry and physics."

That is, the genetic information and the required reading machinery form an irreducibly complex system. Likewise, it is not enough to explain the origin of the amino acids. Rather, even if they were produced readily, the source of the information that skilfully directs the assembly of the amino acids contained in the genome must be explained.

Paul Davies reinforced the point that obtaining the building blocks would not explain their arrangement:

"....just as bricks alone don’t make a house, so it takes more than a random collection of amino acids to make life. Like house bricks, the building blocks of life have to be assembled in a very specific and exceedingly elaborate way before they have the desired function."

So, why is it that sub-atomic particles are so-precisely formed? Why do atoms combine only in certain fixed proportions and not otherwise? Besides, once compounds are formed, what innate guiding force brings them together in precise ways so that they form sequences of precisely arranged molecules that yield the desired functions? Take the English alphabet, for instance: they are discoveries or inventions as the case may be of sentient entities - human beings. The manner these letters are combined to form words and the precise way the words are used to form works of great intellectual beauty and precision is also the product of human intelligence. So, at every stage we see intelligence fashioning information from raw materials and intelligence formulating works of great beauty with intrinsic meaning from the information and not the other way around.

So, why not suppose that a primal intelligent principle inheres in matter?- A unified field of consciousness-energy. It makes more sense to do so than to struggle with insentience using sentience (human thinking) to come up with logically flawed and practically impossible to demonstrate hypotheses regarding the origin of sentience from insentience. LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 6 min Neville Thompson 1,100
London TV viewers fixed on trump Inaugural process 16 min truth 4
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 30 min Neville Thompson 286,079
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 34 min truth 92,711
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 50 min truth 667,938
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Sky Writer 31 183,628
Everyone is a fool 2 hr Truthiness 4
More from around the web